Vrable Healthcare

Working at Vrable Healthcare: 30 Reviews

United States30 reviews

managementworkresidentemployeepatientgoodcarejob

No staff

No staff ever at any buildings. The managers are always working and they are grumpy when they work. Can't ask for anytime off. Not flexible with time, however, the favorites come and go as they please.

Terrible company, management is main reason

I'd strongly advise to steer clear of this place. They play favorites, management is absolutely terrible, there is so much drama its worse teenagers in high-school. Not to mention the abuse both physically and verbally that gets covered up as well as neglect being rampant. Always short staffed and management tries to guilt you into picking up shifts just to be nasty to you if you do not. You also will always have to be mandated since coworkers call off all the time and seem to have no repercussions so be prepared to work at least 2 16 hour shifts a week.

Pros

Nothing comes to mind

Cons

Management is terrible, management plays favorites, abuse and neglect gets covered up, lots of drama

Vrable Healthcare insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues

Former Employee

Absolutely the most disrespectful company I have ever worked for. I was in Management and still got treated and talked to like a dog. DO NOT work for this company. It will be the biggest mistake of your life. Turnover rate is extremely high due to treatment of the staff by management.

Poorly Managed Facilities

Was not permitted to do what I was hired to do because help was needed in another area. Recruiter does not recruit nor do much else except push her job onto HR Managers. She has no clue what she is doing when she actually does hire someone or send someone for interview.One facility is so clicky its worse than high school. It is drab, dreary, and run down. Would never put a family member there.Only 2 people at Corporate who are valuable and that is HR Director, who is not respected by upper management and the Accountant who is also great.

Pros

Schedule Flexibility

Cons

No support from owner or upper management. They show no respect for employees "beneath" them.

Great place to learn and grow multiple skills

From the day 1( complaint survey) to current day about two yes. Great improvement on the atmosphere, teamwork and compassion for caring by all staff.

Pros

Flexible schedule management works with all departments treated as family

Cons

Some long hours

Competitive facility

Overall good job environment. Management team genuinely care about employees well being. With the pandemic and staffing crisis that every facility is undergoing the facility continues to take all efforts and provide adequate staffing ratios better than state average.

Pros

Good working environment

Cons

Pay rate

Cant be trusted.

Slow an incomplete money reimbursement for resident supplies bought with personal money. After several submissions with receipts for money owed, I can only surmise that they do not intend to repay me for the money I spent. This goes all the way up to Corporate.

Pros

Smoke friendly facility.

Cons

Clique culture

Focus on employees and residents

From the corporate level to the individual centers, the focus is on employees and the residents of the center. The workplace culture is great! Everyone is treated equally.

Pros

Independence

Fun n stress ful

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Vrable Healthcare is balancjob e nice good fun stressful but ok low pay no pto stressful not worth the price

Unsafe

Use to love it.... attached to patients and some of the coworkers. But the shadiness, I couldn’t take anymore. They don’t care about staff. You work as a nurse and aide often. Hardly ever have linen, and didn’t use wipes, so you rely on the linen. There is no team work most of the time. When you try to be an advocate, you get dismissed and gossiped about. I can go on forever. Protect your license and go else where.

Pros

Patients

Cons

Everything!

Awful experience

If I could give no stars I would, always under staffed. Never anyone around to ask questions to when you were new. Ridiculous expectations of one person in a shift. Few staff members seemed to actually be there for residents, they were in it for a paycheck not patient care. Awful place to work.

The company priority is money

They don't put employees or even customers first, they are concerned about company finances. Money is the first priority even over peoples liives sometimes. Benefits are not great and they take them away if they aren't making enough money.

Long hard day

I worked there for 1 year!! I loved my resident's. But you have a wound nurse tgat goes in the DON OFFICE AND TELL FALSE LIES ON YOU!! And then you get sent home under investigation. Like WOW MY JOB IS ON THE LINE FOR FALSE STATEMENTS!! She forced a employer to write a false statement on me due to that I got sent home. PLEASE DON'T TRUST HER !!!

Terrible

This place is beautiful on the outside but then you start your job and see how horrible it is. Your supervisors are disrespectful, inconsiderate and absolutely useless. No one wants to do their job but everyone wants to get paid. You will be disrespected daily, the manager will tell you to “worry about yourself” or to “mind your own business” when you bring the disrespect or laziness of your supervisors to his attention. The turn over rate here is so high and management fails to see the issue is the bosses.

Poorly Ran

I never leave reviews for previous employers,but that facility and company has left such a bad taste in my mouth. The administrator and don both have zero professionalism. They will demean and degrade staff in front of others, gossip about staff to other staff the list goes very long on what they do and the mistreatment the staff endures at their hands. They never uplifted the staff unless they were friends with them but they tore the rest of the staff down and threaten their jobs daily. But corporate sees what is going on but yet they promote and let it continue. If they can not keep long term ,dietary, stnas, nurses, managers, adon,dons but still have the same administrator... One good out come of having to have worked there is I realized how I should be treated with dignity and respect something I never received from southern in my time there.

Pros

Residents

Cons

Disrespected, no job security

Improvements can always be made

As with any company, it’s not perfect and improvements can always be made. Employee, patient, and family concerns are always taken into consideration and implementation of different interventions and care plans are constantly evolving. The management team is always striving for the best possible outcomes for patients and residents. Policies and procedures also change as deemed appropriate with employee concerns.

Memories

The owners are wonderful! One of them would come in and talk" managers left a lot" as they would caught up in something" some people would be gossiping about other employees" the residents I got close to they made my day. Building is refurbished from being a 60's building.

Good people

Good people to work for. Great staff to work with. Good benefits. It is nice to work with people that truly care about their employees and the residents.

Run

There is no incentives, no appreciation, and state is in all the time. No direction from current management and the corporation don’t interact with you either. If you voice a concern there is intimidation and work place bullying. I feel bad for the patients since there isn’t any staff that know what to. The old employees worth anything followed the last DON who I hear held the place together.

I did not have a good working experience here

It was an ok place to work. The management however does not interact well with staff if at all. There are no employee incentives and no encouragement from upper management at all

Pros

12 hour shifts

Cons

Mandation, working short staffed

Unacceptable

Never enough nursing staff and the new nurse management will not help work on the floor. No nurse staff in dining room, if it's ever even open. No one communicates with the families or attends the family centered meetings with the new patients. Agency staff is the only staff you will see.

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vrable Healthcare. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits