VRI Employee Reviews

VRI Keeps Having Reviews Deleted. Why hide the truth, VRI?
Employee (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 15, 2018
This is an awful company to work for.

I was told immediately upon being hired that there's a lot of drama within a certain group of people and to do my best avoiding it. Unfortunately, I had to work with the people causing the drama and got swept up in it. I left before getting fired, but saw several other people getting fired because of the issues caused by the same people I was told to avoid. Just... mind-boggling. The inmates truly run the asylum at VRI. This certain group is very inappropriate, immature, and disrespectful to pretty much everyone. Being around them is uncomfortable, to say the least.

The amount of turnover is astronomical. Don't pay any attention to the "Best Places to Work" they tout. That means nothing. If you really have to work here because you literally can't find anything else, I guess you have to do what you have to do, but here's my advice - keep your head down, don't talk to anyone, and especially don't trust anyone.

The sad thing is; if the wrong person dislikes you, you'll still get fired. Probably best to just avoid VRI altogether.
Pros
"Fun" environment, at least in theory. Not so much in practice.
Cons
Everything. The pay. The hours. The CULTURE. This place feels like high school.
Good place to be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMarch 14, 2018
Everyday you are helping save lives. It is a rewarding job and the people you work with everyday are great. Being located in Sullivan most people don't know what type of work we do here and it's always exciting to share how we impact lives everyday. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a fast paced challenging and rewarding job.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
none at this time.
Worst Ever
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHFebruary 4, 2018
I have never had such a horrible experience at a job. My manager quit. Her manager was fired. Nothing ever is right. Every minute of your day is micromanaged. It is the worst job ever.
Awful Leadership
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJanuary 27, 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day at VRI. Every day you are given new directions that are different from the day before. Secret meetings are held and you have no idea what is going on.
Good Working Environment
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 12, 2018
For starters VRI is a good place to work at. Staff are very helpful. Management will always find ways to figure out as to what needs to be done for you to be successful in the job that you are doing.
I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy
CUSTOMER CARE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 20, 2017
If you do not know someone who works there or have not worked their for a long time, do not set the expectation that you will be successful here. This job is easily the most disappointing place I have ever worked at, and for a long while it had grown into a temporary work place. In theory, the work they do for grandmas and grandpas is great, but it's really just the only thing they are credible for.

Favoritism, and in some cases nepotism, is really going to be the crux of VRI. Leaders play favorites and truly don't listen to the comments and concerns of those they don't care about. The level of hypocrisy is astounding, as well. I've seen many people get yelled at for being on their phones, when constantly leads, supervisors and managers are on theirs, gossiping at each others' desks, etc. There were warning signs all over the place regarding this alone; do not work here. The VRI values will not extend to you. The VRI family will not care about you. If you are an outsider looking in, stay on the outside of this company.

I have seen a lot of seedy interactions for my time here, and honestly I was looking for a place to go to that would support me and my schooling, and simply value me as an employee alone (is having time to eat lunch so hard to ask for?) I've seen employees go to their manager in hopes that they will help, and that very thing becomes the reason they are ineligible to be there. I have seen reps complain about a very valid concern, and it turn around to be their fault for not working hard enough.

I wouldn't recommend VRI to anyone. I couldn't even, in good
  more... faith, extend well wishes to my colleagues; they never gave a second though about me. If you value your time and really value yourself, don't work here. It is the only job I have anything negative to report on, and I've learned my lesson well - if you see multiple complaints on the same basis, learn from the mistakes of others.  less
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Favoritism, reps were forgotten for their breaks, an incredible amount of hypocrisy and a misunderstanding of their own values.
Official response from VRI
November 27, 2017

VRI values all of heroes and strives for an excellent work environment. The Human Resource team is here to help navigate any challenges you had. Please reach out to us and let us know how we can improve.

Good work place
CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CASeptember 12, 2017
Nice call center. The company treated there owners very well with respect. God place to work. Nice building and company to work in and work for. Have friends that still work there.
Does a good service but very poorly managed
Customer Care Representative, Welcome Team (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 29, 2017
Does a good service but very poorly managed. Bad/no training,

They don't give you an idea of how you're doing as you're doing it. Performance reviews are cancelled 9 out of 10 times.

Comment – July 31, 2017

I fully agree. There is no appreciation, no work ethic, no respect.. "Favorites" can call off frequently and those who come in every day are often treated like crap.

It is not a job for everyone
CARE REP LEVEL III (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 8, 2017
VRI is a great place to start "get your foot in the door" for customer service type jobs. They hired me with very little experience and they have taught me so much. Overall it's a great job there is some favoritism shown there. Also sometimes it's a very fast paced environment. It is also very stressful at times.
Pros
Company paid healthcare, free classes at a local gym, discounts at participating companies
Cons
Short breaks, very fast paced, have to eat lunch while "on the floor" Stressful environment.
ok place to be
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 5, 2017
Ok to be there while i was there. no real complaints because it doesn't much matter much once you are gone.It is better to be quite and go with the flow while you are there.I went to work, did my job, was paid for it and I have no dirt to dish out no complaints.
Pros
what pros
Cons
what cons
Quick-paced but caring.
SENIOR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 20, 2017
This company cares very deeply about its clients. We take care of families. Management is fair and will work with you during difficult times. Things can be very busy here but we are in the business of saving lives so it is very rewarding.
Pros
easy to move up, family environment
Cons
stressful
Good Company To Work For
Lead and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 29, 2017
I worked for VRI for about 3 years until I was offered another job opportunity that better fits my family's needs. I will forever have everlasting memories working in the Care Center. Like every place of employment, there can be some drama and tension but sometimes you have to just buckle down and get the work done. Be the better person. The most frustrating part about working at VRI was the benefits. I was not able to cover my entire family due to cost but if you are a single individual looking for benefits then this is a very good thing for you. Another downfall was scheduling conflicts. When you start out you are automatically 2nd or 3rd shift until you can get some more experience and once this happens you are then on a waiting list for 1st shift. There were times when my schedule would dramatically change from 1st shift to 2nd and I found that was very hard for me and my family to adjust. Although this was not all the time and they are very accommodating - it was often enough to cause some problems at home. The pay isn't the best but with some hard work and dedication, you are about to move up to get more pay. It's been 2 years since I left VRI so things have probably changed since then, especially with wages. . I found management to be stern at times but never doubted that it was in the best interest of its employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to save those lives and work with some amazing people every day. Working at VRI was a wonderful learning experience for me and owe a lot to that place for who I am today and how far I've come. I highly recommend  more... this company to strong individuals that are determined and committed to their work.  less
Pros
Saving lives, working with some amazing people, fun atmosphere
Cons
Benefits, scheduling
VRI is the best company I've worked for!
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OhioJanuary 7, 2017
I love working at VRI. I'm not going to lie at first I was questioning myself about staying and that was through training.... I forced myself to continue and I'm so glad that I did because I'm still here after almost 3 years! We work hard and have fun! I enjoyed my job dispatching for clients and knowing I was helping them and making a difference! I love my current position now also! Growing through the company is awesome, benefits are awesome, the whole VRI team is awesome!
Pros
Always there for me, benefits, etc
Cons
Compensation
Coworkers are great Management is terrible.
Care Rep III (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 30, 2016
The family you build working with the same people 40+ hours a week is great. You have the same set schedule and the same days off are the same every week. The upper management (director of the care center) is a horrible woman. She micromanages and belittles those she manages. The CC leads really do care. They take the time to get to know you and help with anything you need. At work and sometimes in your own personal life.

The stress of the job is not worth the pay. There are some incentives to working overtime but it's honestly almost not worth it. They give gift cards of a small amount and break passes. Woo hoo.

There are bonuses they give out for milestones in the company. Customers served is counted regularly and they give bonuses based on the number.

The best time to work there is Saturday -Monday 2nd shift because the manager on duty is the most caring person on the planet.

The management hardly cares about working with you on the schedule and if you have any appointments they "suggest" you change it. Never politely either.

This job does save lives which is great. But the management makes it out to be the most important thing you will ever do. It's more important than family or personal obligations to them.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Terrible upper management, too little pay for the job
Genuine People
Care Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 16, 2016
I like the atmosphere. The people seem genuine. I like how smooth it is. I enjoy coming to work. You are always able to get over time. You get good benefits and VRI is located in the middle of franklin. Its very close to everywhere.
Cons
No first shift available
The Company as a whole is great, THE CARE CENTER is a joke!
Former Lead and Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Care Center, Franklin, OhioNovember 12, 2016
After reading several reviews on VRI, you would think that someone would get it right and address the issue in the Care Center. MANAGEMENT SUCKS! The director of the Care Center doesn't even know how to do the job and micro-manages. She talks about employees behind their backs to "leads". She is unapproachable and belittles you if you try and speak with her. I absolutely loved my job at VRI, but I tried to take a stand for what is right and got pushed out by something that had nothing to do with job performance. Someday maybe they will see why there is such high turnover in the Care Center, but for now, if I were looking into this job, I would stay as far away as possible!
Pros
Feeling good about making a difference and saving lives
Cons
The director of operations!!
Meh... Dont work here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, ohioOctober 5, 2016
Make sure they don't waste your time. The Milford location kept calling and emailing me and I responded to all communication, yet, they dropped the ball on their end. Not organized and micromanagement. Good luck.
Cons
Sucky HR
Fast pace work environment, family oriented atmosphere, free gym membership at local gym
Tech Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work includes troubleshooting equipment issues with clients via the telephone. Testing, refurbishing and re-programming life alert equipment. Tracking productivity via excel and submitting to management team. My current position has allowed me to acquire new skills such as soldering, working with spreadsheets and learning operating systems. However, I don't believe there is room for advancement the my current role. My current management team could do better and holding all employees accountable for work performance. The most difficult part of the job is assisting clients with troubleshooting equipment when they are either unfamiliar with how the unit operates. Trying to decipher what they are trying to communicate can be hard at times. The most enjoyable part about my job is when I have been able to successfully troubleshoot an issue with a client
Pros
Casual dress code, positive work environment, health benefits
Cons
No opportunities for over-time
Tense atmosphere but if you can deal with it, you'll be fine.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHFebruary 24, 2016
Fine establishment, management isn't the greatest but you don't have to deal with them very often. You have to deal with stress and be a problem solver.
Pros
The company takes care of it's employees.
Cons
Director
Very rewarding job
Care Representative/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMay 22, 2015
Clients wore buttons when they needed assistance they would push their button and it would come into the call center Once the alarm came in the care reps would try to talk to the client over the unit and dispatch help accordingly to protocol if not the care rep would try over the phone. Also monitored med dispensers and routine equipment checks
Pros
Knowing you helped someone or even saved a life
Cons
very stressful environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VRI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9