VRI Employee Reviews

dedication gets you no where
Customer Care (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 17, 2018
they will let go of their most dedicated employees, they pay poor, and treat you like a # no matter how long youve been with the company. it has gone down in the past few years, and really is failing with the new management.
Na
Supervisor of Operations (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHSeptember 12, 2018
VRI was an excellent company to work for with a great mission statement that was apart of everyday culture within. We were truly children and grandchildren assisting people stay in their own home, through monitoring solutions.
Stressful
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHSeptember 10, 2018
VRI is all about saving grandmas and grandpas, but could not care less about their employees. I would never work here again and I honestly couldn't recommend it in good conscious to anyone I care about.
Cons
no breaks
Stressful but fun!
SELF INSTALL COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 12, 2018
A good place to work, to help save lives. The carry-ins, dress up/costume days, Christmas parties, customer goal bonus made the company feel like a family in the work place. The company is fast pace, and sometimes stressful due to the nature of the job.
Lousy at best
Controller (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHJune 11, 2018
The company claims to care about people, but they do not care about anything other than upper management making money. The stock options are only given to management and the same is for bonuses. No one who actually does the work gets the ability to buy stock or get a bonus. They hand out rocks when you do a great job instead of cash or a gift card. Big deal, a rock with a star on it.
Over worked, under paid
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHMay 3, 2018
Horrible turnover rate, state they want to be fair across the board, but that isn't true. Management is always hard to reach, never keep meeting times. Doesn't include everyone in office activity. Expect hard workers at little pay.
The worst place to work!
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 29, 2018
VRI in Franklin has the worst management team. They will talk about you and belittle you. The working environment is horrible! The pay is just not enough for all the stress they put on you and to work in a place where everybody gossips and lies.
Pros
Cons
Everything about the place
You get what you put into it
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILApril 25, 2018
VRI is a company that cares. If you put in the time and effort, you are rewarded. The people are friendly and caring. Every business is going to have pros and cons but the pros outweigh the cons. I would and have recommended VRI to many people.
Pros
Atmosphere, the people, helpful
Cons
Lots of change
VRI Keeps Having Reviews Deleted. Why hide the truth, VRI?
Employee (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHMarch 15, 2018
This is an awful company to work for.

I was told immediately upon being hired that there's a lot of drama within a certain group of people and to do my best avoiding it. Unfortunately, I had to work with the people causing the drama and got swept up in it. I left before getting fired, but saw several other people getting fired because of the issues caused by the same people I was told to avoid. Just... mind-boggling. The inmates truly run the asylum at VRI. This certain group is very inappropriate, immature, and disrespectful to pretty much everyone. Being around them is uncomfortable, to say the least.

The amount of turnover is astronomical. Don't pay any attention to the "Best Places to Work" they tout. That means nothing. If you really have to work here because you literally can't find anything else, I guess you have to do what you have to do, but here's my advice - keep your head down, don't talk to anyone, and especially don't trust anyone.

The sad thing is; if the wrong person dislikes you, you'll still get fired. Probably best to just avoid VRI altogether.
Pros
"Fun" environment, at least in theory. Not so much in practice.
Cons
Everything. The pay. The hours. The CULTURE. This place feels like high school.
Good place to be
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMarch 14, 2018
Everyday you are helping save lives. It is a rewarding job and the people you work with everyday are great. Being located in Sullivan most people don't know what type of work we do here and it's always exciting to share how we impact lives everyday. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a fast paced challenging and rewarding job.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
none at this time.
Don't waste your time
Sales (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHFebruary 23, 2018
Don't let VRI suck you in at the start with how it's a "top place to work in the region" (which is a BS award that they only win by hounding employees to write a positive review). This company is as dysfunctional as they come and the EXTREMELY high turnover rate both with low level employees and management is no coincidence. You'll get nowhere fast at this company. Middle management loves to spend time in meetings that accomplish nothing, while their underlings get almost no guidance or support (and depending on what department you're in, you might get screamed at regularly). Upper management was also a revolving door during my stint here so that talk was always going on about who is calling the shots. Waste of time
Pros
HR tries to make it a "fun" workplace with a good culture
Cons
Mentioned in my review
Worst Ever
Revenue Cycle Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHFebruary 4, 2018
I have never had such a horrible experience at a job. My manager quit. Her manager was fired. Nothing ever is right. Every minute of your day is micromanaged. It is the worst job ever.
Awful Leadership
Billing Manager (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHJanuary 27, 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day at VRI. Every day you are given new directions that are different from the day before. Secret meetings are held and you have no idea what is going on.
Good Working Environment
Customer Service Representative/ Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 12, 2018
For starters VRI is a good place to work at. Staff are very helpful. Management will always find ways to figure out as to what needs to be done for you to be successful in the job that you are doing.
I wouldn't recommend to my worst enemy
CUSTOMER CARE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHNovember 20, 2017
If you do not know someone who works there or have not worked their for a long time, do not set the expectation that you will be successful here. This job is easily the most disappointing place I have ever worked at, and for a long while it had grown into a temporary work place. In theory, the work they do for grandmas and grandpas is great, but it's really just the only thing they are credible for.

Favoritism, and in some cases nepotism, is really going to be the crux of VRI. Leaders play favorites and truly don't listen to the comments and concerns of those they don't care about. The level of hypocrisy is astounding, as well. I've seen many people get yelled at for being on their phones, when constantly leads, supervisors and managers are on theirs, gossiping at each others' desks, etc. There were warning signs all over the place regarding this alone; do not work here. The VRI values will not extend to you. The VRI family will not care about you. If you are an outsider looking in, stay on the outside of this company.

I have seen a lot of seedy interactions for my time here, and honestly I was looking for a place to go to that would support me and my schooling, and simply value me as an employee alone (is having time to eat lunch so hard to ask for?) I've seen employees go to their manager in hopes that they will help, and that very thing becomes the reason they are ineligible to be there. I have seen reps complain about a very valid concern, and it turn around to be their fault for not working hard enough.

I wouldn't recommend VRI to anyone. I couldn't even, in good
  more... faith, extend well wishes to my colleagues; they never gave a second though about me. If you value your time and really value yourself, don't work here. It is the only job I have anything negative to report on, and I've learned my lesson well - if you see multiple complaints on the same basis, learn from the mistakes of others.  less
Pros
Healthcare benefits
Cons
Favoritism, reps were forgotten for their breaks, an incredible amount of hypocrisy and a misunderstanding of their own values.
Official response from VRI
November 27, 2017

VRI values all of heroes and strives for an excellent work environment. The Human Resource team is here to help navigate any challenges you had. Please reach out to us and let us know how we can improve.

Good work place
CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CASeptember 12, 2017
Nice call center. The company treated there owners very well with respect. God place to work. Nice building and company to work in and work for. Have friends that still work there.
Does a good service but very poorly managed
Customer Care Representative, Welcome Team (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 29, 2017
Does a good service but very poorly managed. Bad/no training,

They don't give you an idea of how you're doing as you're doing it. Performance reviews are cancelled 9 out of 10 times.

Comment – July 31, 2017

I fully agree. There is no appreciation, no work ethic, no respect.. "Favorites" can call off frequently and those who come in every day are often treated like crap.

It is not a job for everyone
CARE REP LEVEL III (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHJuly 8, 2017
VRI is a great place to start "get your foot in the door" for customer service type jobs. They hired me with very little experience and they have taught me so much. Overall it's a great job there is some favoritism shown there. Also sometimes it's a very fast paced environment. It is also very stressful at times.
Pros
Company paid healthcare, free classes at a local gym, discounts at participating companies
Cons
Short breaks, very fast paced, have to eat lunch while "on the floor" Stressful environment.
ok place to be
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILJune 5, 2017
Ok to be there while i was there. no real complaints because it doesn't much matter much once you are gone.It is better to be quite and go with the flow while you are there.I went to work, did my job, was paid for it and I have no dirt to dish out no complaints.
Pros
what pros
Cons
what cons
Quick-paced but caring.
SENIOR LEAD (Current Employee) –  Franklin, OHApril 20, 2017
This company cares very deeply about its clients. We take care of families. Management is fair and will work with you during difficult times. Things can be very busy here but we are in the business of saving lives so it is very rewarding.
Pros
easy to move up, family environment
Cons
stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VRI. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8