Vroom Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Rethink your options before applying here.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXAugust 8, 2018
This company is very unorganized and unprofessional. The managers can NOT and DON'T lead. You will be over worked and under paid. Complaining to management or HR doesn't help. The turnover rate for this company is horrible. The Parking sucks, you are required to park on another lot across the highway and wait on a shuttle which NEVER comes on time. If you park anywhere else you WILL be towed or booted at YOUR own expense.
Pros
Cons
Parking
workpalce
Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INJuly 31, 2018
this job i loved the people was great and the mangers i would want everone to know about this job but they laid off 90% of the company thats why im no longer working there
a good casual place to work
FACILITIES AND SAFETY MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Whitestown, INFebruary 28, 2018
good people good culture there was some miscommunication from new York to our plant. good benefits 3 weeks pto, drove cars I have never driven before good job
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
some confusion
Lack of any direction
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I learned a lot from my immediate team members at Vroom and I am incredibly thankful for that. Unfortunately, management could not present a plan to execute growth for the company and the employees. This resulted in a hectic day-to-day that lacked a vision of how immediate projects would satisfy the success of the company. With an inordinate amount of managers and a lack of people there to execute requests, no one was held responsible for poor decision making.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Management, fail fast
A tech company without tech leaders
Design (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2018
Vroom has never had any technology leadership. No CTO, they just laid off 100+ tech, product and design. No one in management has auto experience. A failing enterprise.
Pros
Good Worklife Balance
Closed the Whitestown facility.
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Whitestown, INFebruary 13, 2018
I cannot say anything good about working for this company other than I got to work with someone that I really enjoyed working for. There is zero communication within this company. You know nothing until the day it happens.
Great Place Great People
FINANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXFebruary 6, 2018
I absolutely love my job at Vroom. Management and the people are wonderful to work with. Very open to help you succeed. Everyday for me is very busy which I love. I have learned even more about the auto industry which I plan to use in my future. I will greatly miss everyone from VROOM!
Great managers, corporate is a pain.
Employee (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 12, 2018
Overall company is great, Your day to day co workers are going to make this career enjoyable and will show you a lot. Immediate management is also great, they have your back for almost anything that happens. Corporate on the other hand is not great at all. Corporate is constantly changing the day to day operations and making it difficult to keep some kind of routine. Pay is always changing because of this also. Corporate changes so much that the customers would notice it at times, which is not suppose to happen.
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
I worked as a Temporary Recruiter at Vroom. It was a great place to work and I would happily work there again! Great culture, great people, beautiful office-no complaints!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 28, 2017
I don't understand why you have jobs posted when you just laid off all of the same positions.
These were good hard-working people with families who were dedicated to their jobs. You fired 40 something people and you turn around and are hiring to fill those same positions.
Pros
There are no Pros.
Cons
Too many to fit on here.
bad management
Detailer (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 16, 2017
everyone felt as if they were a manager...Their was no balance in the company and aslo a high turnover rate with employees because of the chaotic enviroment.
Pros
great pay
Cons
long hours, short staffed.
An awesome culture and great engineering management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
I get to develop microservices on GCP with Kubernetes, which I think is pretty cool. We are breaking off pieces from an old monolith into different services. Sometimes working with the legacy applications can be trying. The new office is really nice and provides a solid work environment. I haven't had many dev managers that I liked working with, but the engineering management, especially in NYC, is very helpful, knowledgable, and respectful of my personal life. I think I'll be here at least until they IPO or the engineering management changes.
Pros
great people, good dev managers, cutting-edge tech stack
Cons
working with parts of the legacy codebase (.NET monolith) can be a pain
Locomotive going straight to nowhere
Nothing (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJuly 7, 2017
Really you guys are posting that you are hiring when you just laid off roughly 50 people yesterday and took away their livelihood? You've got to be kidding me.
Future job Seekers, if you want to go into work every day walking on eggshells not knowing when your day will come go right on ahead. These managers walking around with their heads held high knowing that they're being dangled from a string like a puppet. You guys absolutely make me want to vomit.
Pros
You get to go out drinking with the managment
Cons
You get to go out drinking with the managment
Productive and fun workplace with great management
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXFebruary 23, 2017
A typical work day was to review accounting journal entries and provide recommendations for any discrepancies. The management team from New York was very experienced and motivated to complete the acquisition in preparation for the audit. I learned about online retail (the CEO came from Priceline.com and the CFO came from Amazon.com). The hardest part of the job was the hours after my original contract date ended and the best part was the people.
Great business model, poor management
Consumer Advocate (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXJanuary 6, 2017
High volume sales environment, sloppy management, lots of growing pains as the dealership grew rapidly. Sold high end cars which was fun.
Pros
Free lunch on saturdays
Cons
No autonomy over work schedule
I learned all my skills from working here
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 8, 2016
I started off working here young part time then went to school came back full time and learned all my skills and experience at this company. I had to move on I wasn't growing at this company.
Unorganized
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 21, 2015
Work would go smoothly sometimes, however it was frustrating working in an environment where everything is so unorganized. The managers really do not care much about the employees. The most enjoyable part of my job there was selling a car and making sure my customer was extremely happy with their purchase. The hardest part was accepting the fact that the managers would throw extra work on our plate and ask us to take care of many other tasks. Yet, not give us more pay, and give me more than what was actually on my job description when I applied. There turn over rate is extremely ridiculous
Pros
Free Lunch Saturday
Cons
Stressful, Unorganized