Vroom Employee Reviews in New York, NY

Great potential but currently lacking
Other Experience (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2019
Vroom is a company with a lot of potential. However, the current leadership doesn't inspire or motivate it's employees. The culture is non-existent and not comparable to other startups. In addition, the benefits and compensation are not anything to write home about.
Lack of any direction
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 27, 2018
I learned a lot from my immediate team members at Vroom and I am incredibly thankful for that. Unfortunately, management could not present a plan to execute growth for the company and the employees. This resulted in a hectic day-to-day that lacked a vision of how immediate projects would satisfy the success of the company. With an inordinate amount of managers and a lack of people there to execute requests, no one was held responsible for poor decision making.
Pros
Relaxed dress code
Cons
Management, fail fast
Great place to work!
Recruiter (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
I worked as a Temporary Recruiter at Vroom. It was a great place to work and I would happily work there again! Great culture, great people, beautiful office-no complaints!
An awesome culture and great engineering management
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
I get to develop microservices on GCP with Kubernetes, which I think is pretty cool. We are breaking off pieces from an old monolith into different services. Sometimes working with the legacy applications can be trying. The new office is really nice and provides a solid work environment. I haven't had many dev managers that I liked working with, but the engineering management, especially in NYC, is very helpful, knowledgable, and respectful of my personal life. I think I'll be here at least until they IPO or the engineering management changes.
Pros
great people, good dev managers, cutting-edge tech stack
Cons
working with parts of the legacy codebase (.NET monolith) can be a pain