VSC Fire & Security, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place to work plenti of opertunity to advance
Construction Manager/ Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 9, 2019
I was allowed to manage my position with out being oversaw. I could complete projects and set meetings with the AHJ. I was able to schedule my employees and help them perform their projects without interference. If there were issues my General manager and I would be able to talk through them without any problems.
Pros
Great Work place in the office I work at.
Estimator/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 11, 2018
Overall very good company from top to bottom. Work in small office of mobile it was a good family atmosphere in the office. All mangers where excellent and knowledgeable.
Pros
Work schedule, co workers
Cons
Insurance is a litttle lacking.
Stable job, but lots of office drama!
Life Safety Designer (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsNovember 16, 2018
Typical day includes getting workload from management for the day and producing working Submittal packages for permits using ACAD, Microsoft and other Engineering Software. Performing calculations for Fire Alarm, Clean Agent and Early smoke detection (Vesda) and Security Systems. Working with various difficult office and Technician personalities in New Construction, FA Service, Inspection and Sprinker departments in various size and scale projects to meet deadlines.
Pros
Consistent work and moderate work atmosphere
Cons
Good ole boy atmosphere and office drama, minimal advancement potential
Fire Alarm people run away
Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 2, 2018
If you are a fire alarm person tech sales stay away from this company full of Sprinkler vipors den full of crooks you will get screwed out of bonuses raises and the good ol sprinkler guys will use you up and take your money thing is sprinkler doesnt make money on there own the fire alarm division pays for the sprinkler boys club and bonuses you will be a slave to the sprinkler dept
Cons
Terrible GM he will run you off if you are not a child only has kids working for him
The worst fire protection company in Charleston...period
Forman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 24, 2018
The guys in the field are awesome but the office personnel are not worth the benefits and hourly wage. The sprinkler design department is lackluster and need more designers, the manager and office manager are horrific. Don't waist your time here unless you are very very very laid back and can put up with a lot of bologna. I'm also pretty sure the manager told my new employer lies when they called them for a reference. After years working there I'm glade to be away from that place.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor design department, poor managment, and very unprofessional
A good place to work.
Fire Alarm Systems Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJune 28, 2018
A good place to work. They have a good staff. They have good benefits. They care about their employees. They keep you busy. They encourage you to further your education and they pay for it. Overall a good company to work for.
Great company
Fitter/foreman (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJune 7, 2018
Working here was like working within a family, the management was amazing and there was no problem they couldn't help you with. I strongly agree they were the best company I've ever worked for.
Horrible and STRESSFUL place to work at
Sales (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCMay 17, 2018
Manager is a weasel. Has no clue on how to run or manage a branch. Office Manager spreads rumors and is the cancer of the office. High turnover because of the stress and High School gossip.
Inspection Administrator (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDApril 15, 2018
Limited Management
Project Oriented
Customers not always easy to work with

Had to contend with with new software and database translation that was not well defined
Fun place to work. Just looking for better salary.
Fire sprinkler foreman (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 4, 2018
I have been with Vsc fire and security for almost seven years and hate to leave but the pay is not high enough. It is a fun place to work with good management.
Does not require coming into the office very often
Fire Alarm Inspector (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLMarch 13, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Office personnel suffer from a lack of training and accountability. Several employees have relatives working there. If you do your job you will likely to be successful.
This place is horrible do not put in an application here
Fire Sprinkler Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 15, 2018
The two managers...the inspection manager and branch manager can never get along. In result of that the field guys takes the beating. Over worked, never able to take a honest sick day without being cursed out, these managers do not care about they employees at all! Working here was ridiculous. Not being able to drive a company vehicle or if you did drive one you was never able to take it home (this can sometimes be a problem) why because it was a hassle trying to find the gate key to park the trucks after you finish your day. Also the manager makes up they own policy’s day by day.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Sucky management
A great place to work
Project Manager/Estimator (Current Employee) –  Ashland, VAOctober 27, 2017
VSC Fire & Security is a very stable place to work. They have established a strong hold as a major player in the fire & life safety market up and down the east coast. There are offices from Maryland to Florida & Alabama. I would highly recommend looking for employment within this company. If you put in the effort and work ethic, management will do their best to provide advancement opportunities.
Pros
Great place to work & grow in the industry
Good people, ok management
Lead Install Programmer (Current Employee) –  Largo, FLSeptember 2, 2017
While the people you work directly with are pleasant and competent, the corporate structure is cold and distant, providing no feeling of appreciation. Also, advancement opportunities seem few and far between. Not a bad place to work, just doesn't seem career-worthy.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of advancement
No one works together
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAAugust 18, 2017
The Roanoke office has great field employees for the most part. The office is a different story. The general manager and the salesman(that plays general manager) are awful to work for. They have no idea what it takes to install sprinkler pipe or manage the people that install the pipe and it shows. I have no idea why the corporate office allows either to continue working there. The lady(not really a lady) that is considered the Office Manager is very rude and spreads gossip rampantly. She makes the office a very hostile place to be. The Roanoke "office" employees give the entire company a bad name. One of the worst experiences I've ever had.
Pros
Nothing at this office
Cons
Mainly the general manager and office manager
Fun place to work
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  10640 Iron Bridge Road Jessup MD 20794August 17, 2017
As a receptionist you answer multiple phone lines. You fax, Bill customers and do a/r and a/r reports also do eom reports. All coworkers are very nice and respectable.
Excellent opportunities for advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT I & II (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDAugust 1, 2017
A fast paced work environment that keeps you busy. My co-workers became family. Management always has an open-door policy. I had great opportunities for advancement and I appreciate each and every one of them.
Pros
Friendly environment, fast paced work, annual bonus'
Cons
A great company to work for.
Welding Lead (Former Employee) –  Ashland, VAJuly 25, 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. The management was personable and easy to communicate with. When owner was still active in company I felt employees were really taken care of.
"The VSC Imbroglio"
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 18, 2017
There is little to no teamwork amongst coworkers. Constant bickering echos throughout the building on a daily basis while gossip runs rampant. The management, or lack thereof, has put the entire Charleston division "up a creek" so to speak.
Pros
Insurance Benefits and PTO
Cons
A work environment that will suck the life out of you
A zoo is better managed
Sprinkler Fitter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 17, 2017
I only applied for this job because their Myrtle Beach office was so on point. The Charleston Manager is a not good at all and there is so much drama there.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
A manager who is more of a designer than a manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VSC Fire & Security, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.