VSE Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Truth
GENERAL CLERK III (Current Employee) –  GAJuly 17, 2018
Decent company to work for, however, the cost of living vs. your actual pay to include high priced benefits are unreal. Career advancement is rated close to 5.8/10.
Fun to work.
Power Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Yigo, GUJune 25, 2018
The company provides all that you need to know about your job and how to do it a safe manner. Everybody was always willing to help one another and willing to teach new things to learn.
great place
Operations Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJune 14, 2018
I am only moving because of family members, if it wasn't for that then I would stay at this location. I am a single parent and I need to be located closer to family and mother is extremely ill.
Pros
good people
Cons
nothing
PPC Clerk/ Tools & Parts Attendant (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAMay 23, 2018
This is a great place to work, everyone is very helpful in teaching you how to do the job. There is hard work, but you're trained to do it. The work here isn't hard, just pay attention and learn all you can.
Great Pay, Great Training, Great Benefits
CLERICAL CLERK II (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLMay 8, 2018
Great Pay, Great Training, Great Benefits. Relaxed Work Atmosphere, Job Security, Lack of advancement, great morale, great team, management was great!
Pros
Great Schedule, Great Training
Cons
No room for advancement
Property Accounting Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WIMay 4, 2018
The flexibility to 4-10 hr days or 5-8-hr days. Management was excellent to work with. Very clean and healthy work environment. Employees would have fun activities for all holidays with luncheons. Learn a lot about computer hardware and software.
Pros
Select the hrs per day and how many days per week
Cons
Not located to where I was living...120 miles from home
Productive and steady work days
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Hooks, TXApril 2, 2018
Work days are steady and can be constant busy work, have learned numerous skills from my job, co workers are mostly relaxed and make work enjoyable, enjoy the type of work that supports others, and an opportunity to learn something new on a normal basis.
Great place good people
Logistician Lead (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, VAMarch 26, 2018
This is government tracking with a blue collar feel. VSE is a good starting point and is full of veterans. I wish they paid more money, but they weren't cheap. It was just the job I was doing that rated the pay.
Pros
Good people
Cons
some bad managers
site manager doesnt do his job well
Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic/ Shop Foreman (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMarch 14, 2018
it is a alright company to work for but has made me many promises and hasn't kept any of them i am not the only one. the site manager is out for himself only
It's a job
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 9, 2018
If you have other options Take Them! Unprofessionalism from the top to the bottom. This is OK if you need something until you are able to get something else!
Pros
Nice Coworkers
Cons
Gossip, Incompetent Managers and Employees, Cliquish
Watch Your SCA Fringe Disappear
Tool & Parts Attendant (Former Employee) –  Fort McCoy, WIFebruary 9, 2018
This company undercut other contractors to gain a contract. To do that they then cut job titles yet had everyone work above their new "titles" They have no spine in the back office or with in house on the ground management. They advertised free health coverage only to find out many employees SCA $ was gone to pay for it. They also use a terrible account manager in GSA in the 401k & benefits handling that robs employees quarterly. Simply a sham of a company making money of the taxpayer & not worried about the final quality of product or work that goes out the door.
Pros
Cons
Benefit thieves
Sad place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  VirginiaFebruary 8, 2018
Management is poor, no workplace morale, plagued by rumors and unprofessional. If they don't like you, they just shift you around. Many good people have left as of recent and it's a tragedy.
Pros
Toastmasters, Tuition Reimbursement
Cons
No supplies for staff, poor treatment
fast paced job with the ability to advance
Site Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, TXFebruary 6, 2018
this job was great. I was with the company from the time the practically opened the doors until the contract was lost. amazing boss's and worked well with family life balance
Pros
excellent pay salary and management to work for, Always willing to show great appreciation where needed
Cons
to much drama with workers in the back, vs relationships
great working environment
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 29, 2018
great pay , good working place , good bosses and would work there again. We work on military equipment and prepare them for deployments for the military.
Pros
great pay
Cons
wish they were in missouri
Paid good but managed to take money from me
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anniston Army Depot, ALJanuary 24, 2018
Nice atmosphere with excellent management support. The supervisor totally keep me informed. I was provided any benefits when the government gave me 4 additional dollars to purchase insurance they managed to keep it.
What i've learned
Supply Technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Hunter Liggett, CAJanuary 19, 2018
a lot of work, great coworkers, job security is not there. Depends on your job but for me, I am usually on my feet getting supplies, ordering materials etc.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
benefits, job security
Small Company
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 16, 2018
On the smaller side or government contractors. The only work is government related which does provide some job security. I was only there for a short time but not a bad company to work for if you are just starting out.
Great company to work for But
Warehouse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Nebo, CAJanuary 6, 2018
The management team is great. The pay isn't the best though depending on what you are hired as. You also get 80 hours of PTO if you work for a year. Plus you get a 401k as well.
Pros
Great people, Hours
Cons
Pay, Contracts
Great environment to work but company needs a few improvements
Personal Property Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJanuary 3, 2018
Great company to work for but needs improvements in areas such as benefits and a few policy/contract improvements which could boost work morale. Overall good place to work.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Provides Opportunity
MAINTENANCE AND PLUMBING TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Ladysmith, VADecember 29, 2017
Opportunities for those seeking advancement. I was able to quickly learn and grow in my role with VSE. I took on more in a short period of time and earned the trust of those that i worked with. Again, a great place for opportunities.