VT Group Employee Reviews

Not a great place to work
Analyst III/XML Coder (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALJuly 18, 2018
My typical day wasn't hard, sitting behind a computer all day. They didn't have good benefits at all. You didn't get any PTO until you worked their a year. They didn't allow you to work off hours missed you had to use LWOP.
Pros
Vision coverage
Cons
Health Insurance, Pto, Management
decent environment
Electronic Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2018
An ok place to work everyday for a living. Pay scale was low. And management was not professional. Monday thru Friday work hours.Some opportunities to travel abroad.
Productive place to work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 15, 2018
Great place of employment. I enjoyed working there due to the friendly staff and great knowledge that I received from being there. I learned a lot about tools at this job.
25 years of growing
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 15, 2018
Most days at the office was a typical ,answering the phone, emails ,
setting up[ office meeting for Managers , making coffee , filing credit card receipts, I really loved my job
Would not recommend.
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2018
The management gives little to no guidance when problems arise.
Staff out right refuse to do assigned tasks with no consequences.
Hardest part is feeling like I'm being forced out onto a limb with no safety net.
Cons
bad management, lack of training
Poorly organized with not enough quality help
Electronics tech (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 8, 2018
The work force got smaller and smaller over the years and less and less quality people to help complete the tasks causing more work and more stress on the few that put forth the effort.
Pros
paid lunch break, laid back for the most part
Cons
401k benfits got worse and worse, job stability for continous work got worse and skill level of coworkers went down over the years
Outstanding opportunity to learn a trade.
Helper general (Current Employee) –  PNSY, Kittery, Me.March 2, 2018
From day 1 these people rock, hats off to you. Super supportive managers, co-workers, never an issue. Open door and fair criticism and room to improve my game. Saw people I have not seen for six years-that was the icing on the cake. Being well trained, prepared, the work was laid out so as to easily understand and room for me to suggest and think of ways to make the job flow. Trailer was near worksite and wanted for nothing-we had it all. Being familiar with the work conditions there were no surprises and plenty of delights. Pay, hours, schedule all huge and great. Could not dream of a better opportunity and the company referring me made out really good. Best environment and industry to be in all of the Northeast and the world. Mixed cultures, safe, clean, and my journey level status played in well. A chance to apply my skills and help new hires or someone not familiar with this shipyard.
Pros
pay, beverages, managers, co-workers, work place environment.
Cons
none at all.
Good Place to Work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAFebruary 12, 2018
There is a very relaxed atmosphere and the people are friendly. When I was there it was very family friendly. New management came in at the time I left so I don't know how it is now. I recently spoke to a coworker there and she said everything is fine. My only gripe is that raises were not given. I don't know if that has changed.
Pros
Negotiate your salary
Cons
No raises
working as a team meeting goals
Supply Chain, Buyer (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 31, 2018
Accomplished large tasks as a group meeting customer goals while keeping in gov and company standards. Consistently working on process improvement and team building.
Pros
People are great
Cons
compensation could be better.
Great company before it was bought out
Deputy Program Manager (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SC 29418January 22, 2018
For 25 years Milcom was an amazing family-owned company with a reputation for employing hard-working, intelligent, and dedicated employees. That all fell apart during management changes in 2015 and 2016. Since then its hard to know if anything has improved.
VT Group
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Virgnia Beach, VirginaJanuary 2, 2018
Poor Management that didn't consider their employees, and they paid lower than competitors to the point of losing employees. Over work employees and don't compensate with pay equal to the difficulty of job.
Pros
much overtime and travel opportunities
Cons
very poor leadership and advancment opportunities
Good
electronic technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 22, 2017
Underestimate paid,lack of advancement,benefits started not being that good,stop matching 401k,job security was always wonderful never had to worry about work
Pros
Job security
Cons
Benifits
Good
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia beach v.aNovember 21, 2017
Under paid,lack of advancement,stop matching 401k plan,job security was alright,they always kept me employed even through some of the hardest company crisis.
Ok, place to work.
Electronic Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 9, 2017
When I first started everything was going smooth, until rumors started going around that the company was going out of business. Happens so, few months down the road they down sided and went out of business.
enjoyable work
Telecommunications Mechanic Level 3 (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCNovember 6, 2017
I enjoy the travel and my co-workers. I just don't Know how much more work there is coming down the road . I have learned a lot about Fiber and Copper.
Poor Management
Director Contracts Tech Serv Business Unit (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Confusing, and stressful. Most of the time spent answering questions regarding why are you doing this or that. And when explained it was "why?" Sometimes I wanted to say "why not".
Good management
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 29, 2017
When it comes to work, that's what I do. Not out to make friends or waste time on the job. Love to go to work, get the tasks done as quickly as possible, then go home. My project manager and supervisors put me in positions to do just that. GET IT DONE, AND GO HOME! Some days may be hard work but after the day is over, always enjoyable. Task completed.
Like the work dont care for the managment
welder/assembler (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 18, 2017
The work isnt bad and the work load keeps us busy with plenty of overtime. The management acts like you should be greatful to have a job and that you need to take on more work then is possible.
Pros
Plenty of overtime, co-workers are helpful
Cons
short breaks, poor management, low grade medical insurance
travel
Project Management/ Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCOctober 13, 2017
I enjoyed my time working here and the division i worked for,there was a lot of travel involved, i spent 8-9 months a yr on the road. but they pay was good and travel expense made up for living in a hotel. if your single and want to travel and make some $$ its a world wide government contracting company.
Cons
lots of travel
Under the Bus you will go....
UAV Operator (Former Employee) –  Portland, OROctober 13, 2017
You are important until you aren't, and then you are gone. Had an issue on a work site that wasn't a big deal, but got no support when I needed it. You don't need to mess up to get the ax with these guys. Otherwise, ok pay. jobs ok, Don't expect much and you won't be disappointed.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Won't have your back.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VT Group. Our community is ready to answer.