VT Group Employee Reviews for Electronics Technician

See reviews about:
decent environment
Electronic Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJuly 14, 2018
An ok place to work everyday for a living. Pay scale was low. And management was not professional. Monday thru Friday work hours.Some opportunities to travel abroad.
VT Group
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Virgnia Beach, VirginaJanuary 2, 2018
Poor Management that didn't consider their employees, and they paid lower than competitors to the point of losing employees. Over work employees and don't compensate with pay equal to the difficulty of job.
Pros
much overtime and travel opportunities
Cons
very poor leadership and advancment opportunities
Good
electronic technician 1 (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 22, 2017
Underestimate paid,lack of advancement,benefits started not being that good,stop matching 401k,job security was always wonderful never had to worry about work
Pros
Job security
Cons
Benifits
Good
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Virginia beach v.aNovember 21, 2017
Under paid,lack of advancement,stop matching 401k plan,job security was alright,they always kept me employed even through some of the hardest company crisis.
Ok, place to work.
Electronic Technician 1 (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCNovember 9, 2017
When I first started everything was going smooth, until rumors started going around that the company was going out of business. Happens so, few months down the road they down sided and went out of business.
Good management
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 29, 2017
When it comes to work, that's what I do. Not out to make friends or waste time on the job. Love to go to work, get the tasks done as quickly as possible, then go home. My project manager and supervisors put me in positions to do just that. GET IT DONE, AND GO HOME! Some days may be hard work but after the day is over, always enjoyable. Task completed.
tough workplace
Electronics Technician III (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIAugust 20, 2017
wouldnt recommend working unless you are in mgmt and guaranteed work/life balance. this was a really hard job. worked nearly 80 hours a week and it was expected that you continue to do that as long as needed.
Pros
mmmmm. idk. i guess theres opportunity if youre willing to relocate.
Cons
too many to list.
Not a nice place to work.
Electronics Technician I (Former Employee) –  99-994 Iwaena St., Aiea HI 96701May 8, 2017
High turnover ratio very unprofessional management team at Oahu branch. Very stressful environment with increased work load and minimal personnel. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
health care benefits are excellent
Cons
Stressful work place with low compensation for jobs performed
Lots of travel
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCApril 26, 2017
I worked on submarines and there are no subs locally so I had to travel 9-10 months a year which made it hard to have a personal life, but the pay was nice.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lots of travel
Well rounded job experience
Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VANovember 24, 2016
Teams and individuals do several different jobs in addition to their job classifications. Little overtime unless production requirements dictate otherwise. Coworkers provide a lot of support as needed.
Pros
Technical support provided as needed.
Cons
Stopped making matching 401-K Contributions. Low pay.
Great Company
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  North Charleston, SCAugust 24, 2016
Work for them for many yrs until company got sold and the jobs started to dry up however the pay we great and we travel nine months out of the yrs. The owner started to lay off employees to save money
disappoined
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  N Charleston, SCMarch 2, 2015
Pay was less than average. Contracts were short term and management wasn't clear on direction of company goals. Work wasn't steady or guaranteed. We had a lot of down time!
Pros
close to home
Cons
Uncertainty
personaly enjoyed my work
Electronics tech 2 (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCJanuary 28, 2015
biggest down side is working with spawar. I enjoyed plenty of travel and generly a good work environment in shipyards and submarines. most of my work was in submarine radio rooms.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
slow advancement
very low turnover of personnel. As a tech, much travel.
Electronics Technician (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLNovember 18, 2014
Seniority counts little in promotions but it will get you laid off often because contract bids can't place you.due to your pay.
Pros
excellent health benefits
Cons
too many lay-off periods during the year.
productive yet stalled by rework
Electronic Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VASeptember 17, 2014
a typical work day: various cable install,com equipment,computers,painting,wielding and,electrical.Its a constant learning curve.Theres no comfort zone.Management simply depends on who you work for on any given job.Co-workers are in the same as management depends on the crew.The hardest part of the is rework,no-shows,"i cain't see it from my house" attitude.THE MOST ENJOYABLE part was when the job is finally completed to the customers satisfaction.
Pros
vacation and good co-workers
Cons
rework
Great place
Electronic Technician II (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 20, 2014
My Experience with this company is amazing they are like a close nit family who look out for each other
Excellent place to work. very educational
Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 27, 2012
Great place to be as you go day to day working on some of the nations most powerful weapons and ships in support of the worlds strongest military
Pros
excellent benefits and great place to work
Cons
harsh conditions in some areas of work, alot of travel