VT Halter Marine Employee Reviews

Not a good place to work, to many bully tacktics,holds people back, puts people in supervision that are not qualified for the craft they are put incha
Paint and blast/supervisor (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSApril 1, 2019
I would not refer anyone to work there, no equality, care nothing about what you have been trained in All they concern themselves in is sucking up and getting credit for the workers ideas and none to the workers that does the job
Pros
Cons
Bullying workers
It's a good shipyard to work at.
Metal worker skilled (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 31, 2019
I enjoyed working with all hands at VT Halter Marine, I made some really good friends and built some great ships. The shipyard was really growing when I took leave.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Hands get Dirty!
gret jo
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMarch 31, 2019
There are 4 different post the we man on base. If I am at the main gate as the team leader I split mini post up with my officers. Other than check ID's I cant go into too much detail about this job.
Great job to have
Shipfitter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSFebruary 28, 2019
Good place to work and more jobs on the way would recommend anyone who could work safely and effectively to work here great working environment always hiring
Great
Welder (Former Employee) –  PascagoulaJanuary 20, 2019
One of the best job I ever worked just got laid off and company called me back after I was working for another company and I’m delicate to my company you will love it
Pros
Great job
Cons
Great place to work management was good
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSNovember 7, 2018
I liked it and then problems great place to work management did a good job keeping everybody busy very competitive wages parking was a problem but I was a subcontractor so I didn't get any benefits
Pros
Always had work to do
Cons
Sometimes materials would come in late
good environment, great supervisors, and employees
painter blaster (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MS 39567October 29, 2018
in the morning punch in collect materials needed, enjoyed learning about different guide lines and aspects, the work place is very easy going. The culture is open to everyone. Sometimes you would work overtime and get plenty of breaks and a half hour lunch.
Pros
great company
Cons
health care, breaks and lunches
A good work and safe place
Painter (Current Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 22, 2018
I like working for the company just need more money the company is great at building ships and is awesome at treating their employees good most important it's just a good place to work I just wish we got more break time then 10 minutes at 9 o'clock
Pros
Hours
Cons
Short breaks
Marine Estimator (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MS 39581October 8, 2018
Great place to work and great people! Everyone was well educated with the marine industry and didn't mind assisting when needed. I would work there again if given the opportunity.
Good work place
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSOctober 5, 2018
This job was nice to have peaceful place.
I HAD really had nice co worker. Job was really easy to do had good times with this job . Really enjoyed it.
Ship Fitter 1st Class (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSSeptember 25, 2018
The hardest part of the job is to look out for the people trying to fire you for doing your job. I came in on time everyday, did my job very well and was still fired because i didn't work good enough.
Company is in economic distress
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 5, 2018
Nepotism has too much influence on who is promoted and overall production practices. Those who do not have relatives or close friends in upper management are insecure and others seem to take pleasure in putting co-workers in their place. Human Resources is an absolute joke; so many double standards and the head of HR is on a serious power trip and destroying other overhead departments little by little.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, too much nepotism
Production place, and fun!
Cableman puller, Fire watches (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJuly 5, 2018
I have 12 years experience in stocker, machine operated, cable banning, ,redo wire ways. on my shift, I have to find the cable, then put it in the computer , then take the cable where is should go.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
A lot of meetings, lack of morale
Manager (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 26, 2018
management team building lacked
too many meetings
had to watch out for comrades back stabbing
morale was low, mostly due to work load diminishing, two out of three were shut down
Pros
salary
Cons
401k match (none)
A full day of work
Shipfitter/Welder (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSJune 21, 2018
If they kept work I would still be there. They just didn't have enough work to keep the employees busy and was constantly laying off. I learned work eticate and how to deal with stress on the job and working with other employees.
Too many Bosses
Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSJune 4, 2018
There's too many Bosses that don't have any organization and time management skill. There more problem makers than problem solver. You get told to do something by one boss and here comes one right behind that and tells you to do something totally different. Then when you tell them you were told to do something else they say do what I said. Then your yelled at by someone cause you didn't do what they said. Safety is the most ridicules thing I ever saw out there. I'm surprised there's not more injury's and deaths. The employees are the only good thing about the place. Its the lowest paying ship yard in Mississippi.
Pros
worked with some nice people
Cons
Safety, Management
productive workplace, with good pay.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMay 30, 2018
My job was to clean navy boats. Other than the heat and cold weather, its an alright place to work. I would say the communication between bosses and employees can be improved, but over all its a job.
Pros
you had to bring your own food.
Cons
we had 30 minute breaks.
It's a job that pays the bills
Electrician Helper (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MSMay 23, 2018
I like working with everybody they're pretty good people and they're not bad the pays okay I get up and go to work everyday I pull cables tone out cables pack transits it's just whatever read blueprints ECT.
Pros
Every now and again we get free lunches
Cons
The break is a little bit too short the lunch is pretty good though
Stepping Stone
Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moss Point, MSMay 8, 2018
Its a job,poor management and work schedules. Management only cares about getting the job done and not its employees.I did not enjoy the work culture but it was a job.
Pros
Cons
Very Few
Ok place to work.
Shipfitter (Former Employee) –  Pasgoula ms.April 14, 2018
Good place to work. I work hard one of the best fitter they had. Just all business. Who have better there business by buying Cigna across the way to repair the old.
Pros
Cons
10 minu break