VT Volant Aerospace Employee Reviews

This is the worst run company ever
Sales (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WAJanuary 21, 2019
Pending your department your boss will show up an hr late every day. They will take an hr lunch and expect you to work through yours. They will then leave before you do and expect you do their projects for them. If they win the projects you did for them they will take all credit for your work. To make it even better they will then use you as a scapegoat as to why they are failing. If you wanna know the definition of the word dysfunction, look no further and VT Volant.
Do not work here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, WASeptember 18, 2018
This company has been mismanaged for the better part of a decade and is suffering the consequences for it. There is no job security what so ever. Benefits are basic Obama Care (so terrible). Pay is horrid unless you're in management. Every job pays 10-15k below market value averages outside of management.
Save yourself the trouble and time. Do not apply!
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Everything else (especially the pay)
I Always Feel Happy Driving to Work
Adminitrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAAugust 30, 2018
No matter how stressful and demanding the job feels at times, I know that I am contributing to a company where I matter. There is a lot of recognition for people who bust hump and want to be a part of the changes. Our management team does an excellent job getting information to employees that, at a larger and less respectful organization, would be looked down on and ignored. Our general manager doesn't keep secrets from us and makes an effort to get other leadership staff to be open and honest.

The hardest part of the job is learning the reality of when you come here, you are given a lot of responsibility; being that we are as small as we are, it can lead to burn out if you aren't ready. The directors and GM are all fairly new and have a lot of "energy and optimism" that leads to "work and more work". If you like the idea of building a company and initiating changes, you'll do well here. It has the feel of a start up- we are working really hard to erase mistakes made by previous management and owners.

VT Volant has many people with 20+ years of experience in their field. Everyone I encounter seems to be just trying to do the right thing. I'm fairly new (1 year anniversary recently), and everyone I've asked for help from has been happy to teach me the ropes. People coming in here with the attitude of "just do what I tell you" don't last all that long.

As far as benefits goes, my impression is that they do what they can to provide. There are Medical, Dental, Vision plans available that don't break the bank. I pay less than $80 a paycheck for it all. Lots of PTO compared
  more... to other jobs, and 7 paid holidays for people who have been here longer than 3 months. The 401k plan is cool- they match 4% of your salary and you don't have to wait for the match to become vested; it's yours as soon as you start contributing.

I really love this place (if you can't tell... haha) and I plan to be here for a long time. It already feels like an entirely different company in just the year I've been here.
Pros
Great PTO; Opportunities for people who want them; Open communication.
Cons
Far away from town; Busy and stressful at times
Love working here!
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAAugust 17, 2018
VT Volant offers many opportunities for advancement. Everyone here is treated like family and work together as a team. I love working here and would recommend this company to anyone!
Excelllent organization
Sales (Current Employee) –  Burlington, WAAugust 16, 2018
Great organization with strong management support. Volant is a company on pace to become the leader in its market segment and has realistic and achievable targets for the future. Management team is new and energized to turn the company into the best place to work in Skagit county.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VT Volant Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8