Vulcan, Inc Employee Reviews

Vulcan.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 1, 2018
I am aware the culture has changed since I left. When I was there the good managers were let go because they would not fall in line with the CEO. Do to this fact we were left with managers that did not have manager skills. So the orgs were flat so you could not get a promotion, there was no place to go. The management was in constant fear of the CEO or VPs. Stressful work environment with little reward for showing initiative, and getting outside the box could get you terminated.

Comment – August 14, 2018

Thanks for the feedback but unfortunately you have the wrong Vulcan Inc. as we are located in Foley, AL

Large company where go-getters can shine
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 12, 2018
Vulcan as a company is extremely varied, but it is well-established. The people here cover many different fields of work, but they are experts at what they do. Because the company is so varied and there are so many different people, you must have a very specific goal to achieve what you want. This is not for everyone, but it is easy enough to enjoy yourself when working here. The most senior managers are very experienced and very good. The most enjoyable part of this company is seeing the impact on the world; however the hardest part is actually making that impact happen.
December 18, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately you have reached the wrong Vulcan as our sole operation is in Foley, AL not Seattle Washington.

Hard to please some management, liked the workers but disagreed with lower management tactics.
Equipment Operator/Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Grand Rivers, KYMay 4, 2018
There is alot of favoritism, it was my opinion lower management was trying to look good to upper management, Vulcan says they are one big family and that is a line of bull. They blame everything on company policy, I was not given a reasonable chance to exonerate myself, no offer of help of any kind. It was a false positive in my case, caused by over the counter medicine, but wouldn't be accepted or believed even after over 18 yrs of loyal employment.
Pros
Try to feed us to look like we were appriciated
Cons
Too much favoritism

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. However, our sole operation is located in Foley, AL. It appears the company you are reviewing is in Kentucky. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Not for everyone
Finance Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 18, 2018
A very unique place that isn't for everyone. The management is unpredictable and the pace is very slow. There is not much opportunity and grow and advance your career.
November 19, 2018

Thank you for your candor but you have reached the wrong Vulcan Inc. Our sole operation is in Foley, AL. Please visit our website at www.vulcaninc.com for more information about our employee owned company.

good place to work for
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 12, 2018
overall this was one of the best places to work for I wish I could have been hired permanently cause I would of still been working for them today. I was working for them through a temp agency and the time was up for the contract. I highly recommend working for them.
Pros
very friendly place to work for
Cons
non
October 16, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you enjoyed your time spent at Vulcan, Inc and wish you the best.

Horrible place
General Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 16, 2018
Small company that has horrible management. The plant I worked at had a horrible plant manager. Alot of the people that work there hate their life and it shows.

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are saddened that you didn't enjoy your time here. Human Resources has an open door policy and encourages all employees to come voice any concern or ask any question needed. Should you like to discuss this further please contact us at hr@vulcaninc.com. We strive to provide great leadership and a mutually beneficial working environment.

Welder (Former Employee) –  Wilsonville, ALMay 30, 2018
Great place to work, nice management staff, friendly co-workers, just an overall good place to work, Great experience, coworkers willing to help out each other,

Comment – August 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you had a good experience here at Vulcan, Inc.!

Vulcan Summer internship
Art Collections Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2018
Vulcan was a great place to intern right out of college! They paid above the minimum wage and really tried to help with your hiring process moving forward.
Pros
Discounts, Company cocktail parties, incredibly diverse (in areas of interest)

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. However, our sole operation is located in Foley, AL. We do have internship opportunities as well. Please contact hr@vulcaninc.com for more information.

Management is terrible
Mill Worker (Current Employee) –  Foley, ALAugust 28, 2018
They dont pay you enough they have thier picks and chooses hardly ever get time to be with your family and kids its all about vulcan or nothing you have something to handle they get mad at u for having to handle your personal life
Cons
Short breaks cant leave to get food only certain people

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. The Mill is a 24/7 operation and as such does require dependable and dedicated employees. We do pay for all breaks and lunches for those employees at the Mill since we are aware that at times these breaks can be cut short due to the casting operation.

Learning Experience
Purchasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 27, 2017
A typical day: high paced, demanding, ever changing environment. First one in office and usually last one to leave.

What I learned: Aviation, IT, manufacturing, and FAA regulations. Was an outstanding learning experience!

Management: Unfortunately, management changed very quickly. During the time I was with the origination I had six different managers.

Culture: Ever changing dynamics.

Hardest part of the job: the commute to and from the job.

Most enjoyable: The people
Pros
Perks: as in free sports tickets
Cons
Ever changing Management
Buen ambiente
Administrador General (Former Employee) –  Kern County, CASeptember 15, 2018
Era un trabajo sumamente sencillo, no tengo nada más que decir
October 16, 2018

Thanks for your feedback. You have reached the wrong Vulcan, Inc as we are located in Foley, AL. Glad you enjoyed your work environment.

Good place
Floor Hand (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 27, 2018
Good place a lot of hours and a lot of work.work out of town good perdim good bosses and co workers are really nice it’s a really good company to work in

Comment – August 28, 2018

Thanks for submitting feedback but you have the wrong Vulcan, Inc. We are located in Foley, AL.

Great place to advance for career and family culture
Material handler (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALMarch 23, 2017
* Work is always available when wanted
* Learned new skills and jobs every day. such as forklift
* Management is very understanding
* Workplace culture is family oriented
* Hardest part was getting through 12hr shifts
* Most enjoyable part was lunch with coworkers
Pros
Hour lunches, great pay, great benefits
Cons
12hr shifts

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We love positive reviews! We are so excited that you enjoyed your time with us! Please contact hr@vulcaninc.com for future opportunities should you wish to return to the area.

Production work
General Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALFebruary 26, 2018
Its a factory job, mindless and also motivating to do something else with your life. I could see working here for benefits and not needing much else as far as growth.

Comment – July 10, 2018

Vulcan, Inc. is an Employee Owned Company with excellent benefits and opportunities for individuals that are willing to put a good work ethic to use.

End dump operator
End Dump Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaMarch 1, 2018
Supervisor has a bad attitude. I passed out cause of the manuel labir they were having me do. They told ne go to the hospital and vring bak a docters note i dis when i came back they fired me.

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. However, our sole operation is located in Foley, AL. We apologize that you had such a bad experience at your former employer. Vulcan - Foley, AL - puts safety first!

Don't expect to have any support on process improvements
Industrial Engineer (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALApril 17, 2018
Don't ask to take a vacation day and make sure you are part of the good ole boy club! Don't expect to have any support on process improvements, work Saturdays and lots of Sundays. Expect to have a lot of the process improvement implementations removed by people that have been there a long time and do not want anything changed.

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. Vulcan is proud to announce that we have a newly created Process Improvement Team! These individuals are tasked with ensuring sustainability of continuous improvement efforts that have begun and are diligent in listening to employee observations that make our facility a better place to work.

Excellent company producing quality product. Good benefits.
Plant Maintenance/ Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs, FLMarch 9, 2015
Excellent company who strives to produce quality product. Vulcan also has excellent employee benefits with competitive salaries.

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. However, our sole operation is located in Foley, AL. We do have excellent benefits as well...... BCBS medical/dental, vision,company paid life insurance and short term disability, supplemental LTD and accident policies are available. Please contact hr@vulcaninc.com for more information.

Well-balanced, united, and challenging work experinced
Labor Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 11, 2013
Vulcan has thought me the value and importance of culture in a work environment. Working for this company has strengthen my time-management skills. Overall, I really enjoyed working for this company.

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. However, our sole operation is located in Foley, AL. It sounds like your former employer was a great place to work!

Vulcan
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 8, 2017
You drive your career path and get what you put in. If you want a good work-life balance, you can do that and be successful, or if you want to put in a lot of extra hours, you'll be recognized.

Comment – September 5, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. However, our sole operation is located in Foley, AL. We do have overtime opportunities as well. Please contact hr@vulcaninc.com for more information.

Good job
Carpenter/Laborer/forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Foley, ALNovember 6, 2017
Wish there was more room for advancement. I enjoyed my job as a carpenter, they taught me a lot of other skills , on the job training was good. Still using these skills today in other jobs that have come into my life.

Comment – August 28, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your time here at Vulcan Inc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vulcan, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss