VWR International Employee Reviews

It was a great company to work for before they sold.
System Administrator/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at VWR. It wasn't until they sold that people started leaving. There was a huge knowledge drain and then a wave of layoffs. There are a lot of great people who work there though.
Discriminatory Management and H.R. staff.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta,NYAugust 13, 2018
Horrible Company to work for,and I worked for them for over twenty four years.Biased and self serving Management and H.R.,discrimination evident here.
Truly a customer centric culture
Director of Global Account Reporting Services (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAAugust 1, 2018
When I was there this was truly a customer centric culture. Management believed "If you build it, they will come." By listening to the voice of the customer this organization truly lead innovation in the laboratory supply distribution market. They were the first company to receive a true 3 party ecommerce transaction. It was between VWR, American Express and MIT. This was a "can do" culture for sure.
Excellent culture with wonderful associates
GNOC North America Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJuly 31, 2018
As this is a Global corporation there are associates from all over the world. VWR is a fast paced company on the driving edge of technology. The multi-cultural friendships built drive the associate collaboration.
It’s a job, low pay. Some good benefits, M-F, but it’s not easy to transfer
Material handler (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 27, 2018
It’s a job with very low pay. Management turnover is high, even with the new owner (recently bought out by Avantor).
Even though they are constantly hiring they are reluctant to let you switch shifts. Although they call them rolling shifts to avoid paying a differential (start times are 5,6,7,8,9,10,11am etc). Some days can be long. My shift is the middle of the day making it hard to get anything done personally & spend time with my family. I’ve been asking for a morning shift, instead they fill those positions with new hires. You’d think they’d want to keep good employees with good attendance happy, but supervisors won’t let us go.

We were told in June no one would be approved for vacation in the summer (if you hadn’t been already) due to the high workload, middle of summer with lots of parents so of course this caused a lot of sick call-ins. Short-sighted because it resulted in a lot of unexpected/unplanned worker shortages, when if they would have allowed vacation I think people would have been less likely to call in. So a lot of long days.

There’s an option for OT on the weekend, but I never do it given my shift keeps me from home 9am-8-9pm most days.

They do have good benefits. Medical, dental, vision, plus 4 week paid maternity/paternity leave.
You only get like ~1 vacation day/month. Plus a few sick days.
Pros
Medical benefits, maternity/paternity leave
Cons
Low wages, some shifts poor hours, unyielding/poor management
productive
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJuly 23, 2018
Cool hours only monday through friday . management doesnt always know what they are doing. Pay is not the best but have good benefits . got alot of experience and left
Great company to support my skills from previous Intel job.
I assist my team by setting (Former Employee) –  Rio Rancho, NMJuly 15, 2018
I was depended on to support several areas I had previous manufacturing experience. I was treated like the Intel technician employee I was once was. I was very familiar with all the organization.
Pros
As a contract employee, Intel was great to work for VWR
Cons
Head count in NM moved to Az and other sites.
Great Benefits and Team
Distribution Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJuly 15, 2018
This is a good place to work and a good company to grow with. I've been in this company for over 2 years now and can see the hard work does pay off for this company.
Good benefits, good environment
Pricing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 9, 2018
Good medical. good dental, good working atmosphere, nice clean offices, nice employee kitchen, employee organized dinners, paid vacations & 401K matching payments
Pros
Good medical. good dental, good working atmosphere
Cons
rigid work schedule
Professional, productive workplace
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Radnor, PAJuly 7, 2018
VWR International provides a professional, courteous workplace which is conducive to advancement of individual development and interaction to achieve corporate success.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 6, 2018
I enjoyed my time working with vwr and would have stayed longer had I not moved out of state. Great managers great people to work with. Would definitely recommend VWR to friends and family
Pros
Ability to grow with the company
not a bad place to work at
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Volt Temp Service, Logan Township, N.JJuly 3, 2018
"caution though" its a little like (UPS) and they're always pushing for numbers even if the (RF's) go down. good for work-a-holics,
and its a union shop.
Aquisition
Manager Client and Mobile Services - North America (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJune 30, 2018
VWR was recently acquired by Avantor Sciences. Since that time the culture and workplace atmosphere has changed. Majority of the previous company champions have left. Many team members and employees that have n=been with company many years have left. The atmosphere has changed.
Strange culture, very limited opportunities for advancement, poor management structure
Product Master Data Manager (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAJune 19, 2018
This company has a good business model but the managers here are not well trained or very good at getting the best work out of employees. Salaries are low for the indsutry and the chance to move internally is very limited.
VWR San Diego
Technician (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
Low pay, poor management, lack of advancement, very high employee turnover, unorganized, supervisors tend to micro-manage but do not have the on site knowledge of the logistics to perform efficiently.
Pros
It is a low, but steady income
Cons
It is a go nowhere position
Temporary job assignment;
Educational Kit Assembler (Former Employee) –  Tonawanda, NYJune 13, 2018
Repetitive, high-accuracy placement, no flexibility for hours, irregular and limited breaks, always on feet (standing full shift), hours way too long, regular staff not particularly friendly to the temporaries..
Pros
Company tried to make work environment less stressful
Cons
Not enough breaks, minimum wage, no benefits
Productive.. friendly and helpful co workers and management
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJune 10, 2018
learned to drive speed jack
learned how to load and unload trucks in a timely manner
management very respectful friendly and very helpful when needed
most enjoyable part of the job for me was driving the speed jack for loading and unloading trucks
Pros
great pay benifits, wonderful helpful co-workers
Cons
N/a
I'd suggest staying away
Administrator- Client Technologies (Former Employee) –  Long Lake, MNJune 4, 2018
We call it "Big hat not cattle syndrome". A culture of trying to show how smart and talented they are, but fail to execute on anything. Endless meetings where nothing is accomplished and projects are never completed.

%2.5 raises is anyone will get besides management. And currently cash strapped because Avantor overpaid for VWR, trying to pay down debt to go public again.
Cons
poor managment, lack of any wage growth. Unable to retain talent
Great job for small town
Onsite Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 30, 2018
VWR International Inc is a great place to work because it brings corporate America to a small Town of 150,000 pop. Job is secure and satisfying. Management allows VWR employee the freedom to make sound and professional decisions regarding the customer
Pros
not micro managed, easy corp work enviorment
Cons
now pay, no advancement
Fast paced, cut throat environemnt
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Brunswick, NJMay 21, 2018
While the job was well paying and had very reasonable benefits, management was somewhat difficult to deal with. All of the clients were very pleasurable to work with, which was very enjoyable.
Pros
Expense gas and lunch
Cons
Somewhat unreasonable requests not during work hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VWR International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight