VWR International Employee Reviews

Not a horrible place to work
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAFebruary 24, 2019
I genuinely enjoyed working at VWR. The work wasn't too demanding and it was fairly easy to hit your numbers as long as you stayed focused. Managers are good about doing anything they can to help you improve and the HR is extremely attentive whenever you come to them with work related questions or concerns.
Pros
Yearly comapny picnics, approachable management
Cons
Average pay rate, must work day before and after a holiday to get it paid.
Treat your associates well...
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZFebruary 18, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with associates who genuinely care about their jobs and are willing to help each other when possible. I enjoy the stability of the workforce, especially on my team. I have 10 folks who work for me and at least 4 of them have 10+ years of service with our company.

I take the time to appreciate my associates by giving them the recognition that they deserve and making sure that we celebrate their birthdays with their favorite cake. I sincerely believe that appreciating our associates' is the key to the success of our team.

Managing people is not an easy task, however if we work along side our folks while they are completing their tasks periodically, I feel is very essential for making sure that they are doing their jobs safely, accurately and efficiently. The associates' in turn will appreciate the attention and assistance.

We are in the business for providing our customer with all of the products and services needed for them to produce their products, which are microchips for phones and computers and other equipment. If we treat our associates well, they will in turn provide the best customer service for our client.
Pros
Great medical, dental and vision benefits
The hardest part of my job is counting and the enjoyable part is the
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Buford, GAFebruary 15, 2019
five minute woke out then I go to my station and wait for the builders put the kits together then I check it to make sure it is correct I also go around to all of the stations and count the record kits ever hour .
poor management
Receiver, stocker (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAFebruary 6, 2019
more concerned about the "numbers" than the people who work there. Making production requirements more important than discussing the problems that keep the employees from making their requirements.
Good job for part time college students
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJFebruary 5, 2019
Paid training check was good. Trainers very helpful and thoroughly explain the procedures and expectations. You cannot be seen standing around. The supervisor will address you immediately. Production can get slow but there are usually small tasks to do if so. The employees who have been there a while are helpful as well. Goal oriented environment. Advancement is possible if put forth the effort.
Pros
Keeps you active. Good pay if you get your hours
Cons
Constant standing, can wear on you over time. Need more locations to work for.
Bullying ways of management , minority intimidation ,
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New jerseyJanuary 22, 2019
Their management all they care about is doing the job they have no compassion for the employees issues or family situations , they are always telling you what you are doing wrong . There are some people that are not management material and you find it there cutthroat tactics of intimidation it is not right . Save yourself the trouble dont apply not good place to work looks can reallyy be deceiving they pretend to care in beginning than it changes quickly . It is a concern when an entire class starts out together & less than a year all gone except 1 person.
Pros
Benefits, time off
Cons
People do not stay long revolving door, not flexible on time off awful communication skills from management
Fast-paced workplace
CCX, Logistic Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, NJJanuary 14, 2019
Ensuring integrity of all shipments for an international Company involved in the distribution of research laboratory products, with over 1,200,000 items in North America and Europe. Implement and control the efficiency of shipments to research developers and laboratory suppliers on both rushed and standard orders. Certifying accuracies of invoices by checking for discrepancies in price, quantity, and items. Safeguarding files by utilizing spreadsheets and keeping files up to date. Resolution of all problematic matters expeditiously. Yearly certification in ITAC.
my job had a very big responsibility for dealing with hazardous materials
Driver (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2019
Overall, I loved that job, it was very relaxing, I was in control with the setting of my route, pretty much my own boss. Very relaxing, no stress long as the job gets done,
Pros
Setting my own schedule
Cons
Pay could be better
good team to work with, they try to make you happy on your job
Glasswash Technician (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 3, 2019
it was an honor working with the people around us. although for every company, somethings slack in here. most of the time they hide things from us, keeping us in the dark. there were some people who are in management were lying to their teeth about the truth.
Pros
they offer a lot of benefits.
Cons
slow to act on changes that needs to be done.
General warehouse positions with great benifits
Inventory Control/ Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CA 93291December 13, 2018
It was a cool warehouse to work for. Just wished the pay was better for the work you do but the benefits/discounts were awesome. Plus gym in warehouse
Pros
Gym, benefits, discounts, training
Cons
A lot of drama and gossip, pay
Competitive salary
Distribution/Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport New JerseyDecember 12, 2018
Not a bad company to work for, plenty of Places for advancement across the world. Competitive salaries For all team members. Great benefits and a wonderful 401(k)
Pros
Global
Cons
Global
Proceed with caution.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Swedesboro, NJDecember 11, 2018
At the beginning, management will act as if you are the most important person in the company. DO NOT BELIEVE IT!!! They are the most cut-throat group of people that you could ever meet.

No one is given any positive feedback. If you are doing something wrong or taking too long to learn the SAP system, you will be told constantly that you are failing. Not once during my tenure, did I ever hear any member of management compliment any employee for any reason.

The Trainer is compassionate, caring, and wants everyone to succeed, but must do the job that management requires. No question is unacceptable; all will be answered professionally.

I would have rated this company a ZERO if it was possible. I regret accepting the position.
Pros
Cons
The whole company.
VWR was a better place to work before they sold out to Avantor
Sr. Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point, NYDecember 2, 2018
After the sale to Avantor the work environment has deteriorated. Many folks leaving due to fear of unstable environment. Overwhelming backorders and very lean work force.
They need to hire more people and get their production back on track.
Upper management is in turmoil.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Expensive health care and serious issues with management
Tough place to work since acquired by Avantor
Global IS Security Manger (ISRM), VWR IS (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 27, 2018
Seems to take on the Avantor model of churn and burn thru people. It has been a very high turnover since the acquisition. VWR was a great company would have worked there until I retired. But the new culture is that everyone is replaceable and it shows with how they treat folks.
Pros
Great and passionate workers
Cons
They burn thru them to quickly
Great Salary
Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2018
This organization was constantly getting bought out by organizations. It made it very stressful about job security, Not enough support from management.
Provided logistics and managing to a team of 5. F
Warehouse & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 26, 2018
A typical day of work would always start with a team meeting for 15min. After discussing the daily plan and stretching we would break off to work. Employees would, pull, pack, and ship medical/cleanroom products. I would oversee daily operations and production.
Not great
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point, NYOctober 24, 2018
low pay. Incompetent management. Dangerous chemicals. There is a real problem finding employees for the manufacturing due to terrible conditions, unsafe equipment, and low pay.
Lazy Coworkers,Biased Managers.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYOctober 21, 2018
My position was busy,fast paced,fixing coworkers and production order developers mistakes daily as I worked at a fast pace to complete my own workload
Pros
Free cookouts at lunches a few times a year
Cons
Lazy Coworkers/Biased Management
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working there for 2 years, everyone there is super friendly and fair. The supervisor is amazing and super helpful with everything. Also very encouraging
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no cons
Great place , learned a lot
Shipping/Receiving Clerk/Materials Handler/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 16, 2018
It was great interacting with customer while providing a great service.
Awesome experience with co-workers problem solving.
I enjoyed coming to work every day for 16 years, wish the contract never ended.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VWR International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight