VWR International Employee Reviews

VWR was a better place to work before they sold out to Avantor
Sr. Technical Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point, NYDecember 2, 2018
After the sale to Avantor the work environment has deteriorated. Many folks leaving due to fear of unstable environment. Overwhelming backorders and very lean work force.
They need to hire more people and get their production back on track.
Upper management is in turmoil.
Pros
Nice people to work with.
Cons
Expensive health care and serious issues with management
Tough place to work since acquired by Avantor
Global IS Security Manger (ISRM), VWR IS (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PANovember 27, 2018
Seems to take on the Avantor model of churn and burn thru people. It has been a very high turnover since the acquisition. VWR was a great company would have worked there until I retired. But the new culture is that everyone is replaceable and it shows with how they treat folks.
Pros
Great and passionate workers
Cons
They burn thru them to quickly
Great Salary
Product Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 13, 2018
This organization was constantly getting bought out by organizations. It made it very stressful about job security, Not enough support from management.
Provided logistics and managing to a team of 5. F
Warehouse & Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 26, 2018
A typical day of work would always start with a team meeting for 15min. After discussing the daily plan and stretching we would break off to work. Employees would, pull, pack, and ship medical/cleanroom products. I would oversee daily operations and production.
Not great
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Rouses Point, NYOctober 24, 2018
low pay. Incompetent management. Dangerous chemicals. There is a real problem finding employees for the manufacturing due to terrible conditions, unsafe equipment, and low pay.
Lazy Coworkers,Biased Managers.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Henrietta, NYOctober 21, 2018
My position was busy,fast paced,fixing coworkers and production order developers mistakes daily as I worked at a fast pace to complete my own workload
Pros
Free cookouts at lunches a few times a year
Cons
Lazy Coworkers/Biased Management
great job
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, OROctober 20, 2018
I really enjoyed working there for 2 years, everyone there is super friendly and fair. The supervisor is amazing and super helpful with everything. Also very encouraging
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no cons
Great place , learned a lot
Shipping/Receiving Clerk/Materials Handler/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 16, 2018
It was great interacting with customer while providing a great service.
Awesome experience with co-workers problem solving.
I enjoyed coming to work every day for 16 years, wish the contract never ended.
Review
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILOctober 15, 2018
Not a bad place to work, good people. Fair managers. They believe in people and have the best interest of their employees. I would consider going back to work for this company.
Fast paced
Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHOctober 3, 2018
Fast paced but stressful. Friendly environment. Always had support but lack of proper management. Provided food for the team but was normally once a month
I worked with a good group of co-workers and had a great supervisor
Lab Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 28, 2018
I enjoyed working at VWR. I was given much responsibility in making my own decisions and much latitude working on my own. Once my supervisor saw that I was organized, did my work well and in a timely fashion, and was trustworthy, I basically worked on my own.
Pros
Mostly free rein to do my work
Cons
Could have been paid better
Can you say ME TOO!!!
Administration, Site service coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Dimas, CASeptember 28, 2018
Boys club!!! If you are a man you can get away with just about anything. Stealing time from the company by clocking out while driving home. Lying to customers. lying about your female co workers. Upper Management is only concerned about there own performance. Better to take out the squeaky wheel.
Active work enviroment
JIT TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZSeptember 26, 2018
I enjoyed working for my old supervisor but ever since the supervisors were switched. The quality of management has went down hill. The work enviroment is more of a joke than an actual professional business. The first year that I was there was amazing management was top notch and was very well organized. The last two months I have worked there has been the complete opposite.
Bullying and Intimidation is Commonplace
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Just as the title says, so avoid employment here if at all possible. The company culture is very negative and does not reward it's employees. Management is constantly changing (revolving door) so it's impossible to have an open-door policy when there's no one in the manager's office!!!
Pros
Free fruit, flex time
Cons
Bullying by management, work overload
Structured
Customer Support Expert (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GASeptember 10, 2018
VWR is a great company to work for, in general terms. If the daily tasks are accomplished, it is the company one would retire from. However, monotony is king, like on an assembly line. Even if the job description contain less than 8 hours on the phone, your Dr. appointments will still depends of the hours allotted to all. Great benefits!!! Too bad you can't use them. I had Dental insurance and was unable to go for a cleaning more than once in 6 years.
Etc
Pros
Benefits, contests, vendor presentations, continuous training
Cons
Too structured, maybe wrong structured?
Sometimes Fast paced, & other times barely enough work.
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Aurora, OHAugust 29, 2018
There were 30 employees at one time, now there are 16, those left are expected to pick up the slack cross training & performing many jobs without the proper compensation, with no new hiring happening. No career advancement opportunities. The staff does get along pretty well though.
Pros
The hours are great & there are some good people working there.
Cons
The training has become lackluster, small site that is understaffed.
Management is useless
Estimator (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2018
Management style is walk through say hello and never see them again unless THEY need something. The VP lurks around, literally hiding behind the plants to see if anyone is not working, then goes and tattles to the persons immediate supervisor. Stay away. No where to move up.
A changing environment currently trying to develop a long term vision
Manager (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 22, 2018
Overall a good place to work. Work/Life balance is a positive. Recent acquisition has left the organization in a state of disarray while trying to develop the long term vision and strategy, and how to communicate that internally.
It was a great company to work for before they sold.
System Administrator/Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Radnor, PAAugust 13, 2018
I enjoyed my time at VWR. It wasn't until they sold that people started leaving. There was a huge knowledge drain and then a wave of layoffs. There are a lot of great people who work there though.
Discriminatory Management and H.R. staff.
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Henrietta,NYAugust 13, 2018
Horrible Company to work for,and I worked for them for over twenty four years.Biased and self serving Management and H.R.,discrimination evident here.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VWR International. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight