Vyaire Medical Employee Reviews

Once a great company
ENGINEERING (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJuly 7, 2018
Previously corporation prior to Vyaire buy out were a great working environment. New design projects were all canceled. Management forgot about their staff's commitment to product lines and their customers.
Pros
The former co-works/team members
Cons
No advancement, always concerned about being layed off
Senior Technician (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJune 20, 2018
Everyone seemed to be stressed because they let so many people go about every 3 months. The top management stopped projects we were making great progress on.
Pros
When the new company took over I already had a good position
Cons
They still let me go
Facility closing
Sr. Supplier Quality Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 12, 2018
Vyaire Medical is in the process of shutting down it's Mpls facility and moving all production to Palm Springs Vyaire facility. This is a company cost saving initiative.
Its ok
Test/Calibration Tech 1 (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 10, 2018
The job is ok. I don't get paid enough and the company is building new facility in Irvine and I am not interested in living in or around Orange County.
Pros
You work inside
Cons
They have had numerous lay offs and the company doesn't hire often
Many changes occurring
Ventilation Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAMay 10, 2018
Difficult transition with becoming stand alone company. Lack of new innovative product development. Merger created moving of headquarters and employee downsizing.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor customer service and telephone system
Stress every day that last year working here
Warehouse Associate II (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 9, 2018
I work here for 12 years, before it was Viasys Medical it was good environment, then changed to Cardinal Health for one only and it was good to, then became Carefusion for 5 or 6 years then the environment was good but the raise was too low every year, then was was BD and Carefusion and was the same, but then changed to Vyaire Medical and gets worst, they start letting go good workers and a lot of work for the rest for the same money and the environment is bad , the management too bad, the Company is going out of business in 2 or 3 years for most
Pros
Benefits health
Cons
Low payment, stressful job today
Not recommended
Finance and Accounting (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILMay 1, 2018
I'd rather not say as I still work here. Lacking communication and defined process and don't seem interested in forming any. No deadlines to Wall Street so periods never seem to close.
Pros
Work-life balance and salary
Cons
Most everything else
I wish my job wasnt being re-located
Global OTC Escalation Credit Collection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  remote OHApril 18, 2018
Glad they are bring back the outsource process from India. It was a bad decision on Carefusion part when they outsourced. It caused more issues when they did. SO I'm happy Vyaire is bringing everything back to the US.
Pros
beneifits and PTO co-workers
Cons
Postion being relocated
Disasterous
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mettawa, ILApril 3, 2018
This company is an example of what happens when core competencies are lost. Top management functions in a silo while the rest flounder. But on a sinking ship everyone on board eventually goes down. The few employees left from Carefusion are a joy to work with and really care about the life sustaining devices being sold. But now that a private equity firm has taken over, its all about cutting headcount and making a quick buck.
Pros
HQ building is newer with free snacks and easy access from tollway. Pay is ok.
Cons
Horrible medical coverage, Open floor plan with a absolutely no privacy. Sales rules all - everything else is secondary.
Disasterous
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Mettawa, ILMarch 16, 2018
A few simple bullet points:

You'll be treated as a disposable tool and held accountable for situations far beyond your control

Condescending managment will seek to destroy your personal brand and demand you lie to customers

Talented staff-grade employees are anynomous and subhuman to senior leadership while they enjoys lavish benefits and compensation

Enjoy your time at Vyaire!
Sr Coordinator, Field/Call Center Support (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 12, 2018
It was decided to relocate the MPLS office to California. I liked my job and the customers I dealt with. If it was not relocated I would still be working, I did multiple projects as requested by my manager. My co-workers were great to work with also. It was a team effort to get things done in a timely manner.

I was able to make decisions on how to correct errors made by others. This was something that my manager appreciated about my working with her. She didn't have to watch over me.

The hardest part was saying goodbye to my co-workers that I had worked with over the last 15 years,
Pros
co-workers
Cons
relocation of office
Horrible Company
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 28, 2018
Since new ownership converted Carefusion to now Vyaire Medical the company took a nose dive.
Upper management is a joke and have cover their mistakes by getting rid of the experienced employee's that know the business.
Pros
Cons
Horrible upper management, no direction
Rewarding to work with products that benefit patients
Upstream Marketing Manager, Ventilation (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day can involve lots of meetings and WebEx calls. Rewarding to be working with new and innovative life support products. Management is now much flatter. Teams work closely together. Documentation is the most challenging part of the business. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with users of the products.
Pros
Flexible PTO
Cons
Documentation
What once was, Is not the way now.
Representative II, Customer Order Management (Former Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAJanuary 18, 2018
Before the company was Vyaire it was CareFusion. The job culture was amazing and you felt like family. Majority of the people respected you and you made friends. The moral was positive and un-stressful. Now that we are Vyaire, it is very stressful and depressing. The upper upper management does not respect that you have other duties that impact the customer as well as patient care. The manager of the OM team will do their best to stand up for you but even they get lashed at. Be careful.
The titanic
Product Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CADecember 1, 2017
The new Joint Venture between APAX and BD has created a company that is quit literally killing the business.

The new team is comprised of a good ole boys club. Recruiting largly from Covidien. The new team will not listen (nor care for) legacy employees.
Pros
Pay. Workers
Cons
Management. Discouragement of innovation
Wasted Talent
Technical Support Agent/Researcher (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAOctober 27, 2017
I've been here about 2 years and almost 6 months. I'm a contingent employee that been wanting to be part of the Vyaire family but unfortunately they don't hire temps.
Good Money
Technician I, Product Support/Repair (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 26, 2017
The upper management has no moral ethics. Contract workers are treated like trash. The only way for advancement is to sleep with someone in management.
Pros
Company lunches and picnics
Cons
Environment is childish and unsafe
Management focuses on one metric
Engineering (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNSeptember 8, 2017
Management focuses on one metric, despite the long term impact. Very focused looking good on paper short term and getting out in 2-3 years. Long term future is not good.
Overall a friendly environment
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 3, 2017
Overall a good place to work, but as of 2017 there's always a fear of lay offs due to new higher corporate management.

Site management is great to work with and staff is friendly. Never had a problem with anyone at the site in Palm Springs.

Pay is average and opportunities to advance are slim. Ability to set your own hours is a big plus as long as you put a full day's work in.
Pros
Relaxed environment, friendly staff
Cons
Poor opportunities for advancement
fun to work
R&D Sr. Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yorba Linda, CAAugust 29, 2017
Vyaire Medical is a fun place to work, and good management team. Life is balance and a lot of good co-worker. Friendly and well communication from management team to team player.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Vyaire Medical. Our community is ready to answer.

2.1