VyStar Credit Union Employee Reviews

Vystar Looking To Expand Its Base But Doesnt Share Vision
Customer Service Call Center Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2018
On a typical day I can expect to have over 10-15 members of the credit union call in for escalations based on waiving NSF fees, overriding REG-D mandates, or wanting provisional credits.

The problem with that culture is that we are at their mercy. I am not encouraged to educate members therefore the likelihood of the member improving their fiscal relationship with Vystar is slim to none.

As a result I'm not empowered and feel left to the mercy of the people I should be able to help through providing them alternative ways to self-help.
Pros
great community reputation, close to home
Cons
not empowered, lack of teamwork amongst supervisor team, no time to coach due to escalated calls
Not many opportunities for advancement
Member Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLMarch 6, 2018
Dead set on matrix for advancement with no deviations, you can do more than everyone else at the branch level and be "noticed" but it does not go towards consideration for advancement
Pros
Government Holidays off
Cons
Can't choose who you work with
Fun and happy place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 5, 2018
I love working at the vystar branch because of the people I work with. They are very helpful when I have a question and are very charismatic. Great place to work.
Pros
Friends
Great opportunity
Bank Teller / Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, FLMarch 1, 2018
This internship allowed high school students to work at their local VyStar branch and also work during the school week at the high school branch. Excellent professional learning opportunity.
Stressful
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLFebruary 15, 2018
VyStar is a good company overall, I enjoy banking there. But working there, not for me. Left a good job to go work in the call center because I have worked for VyStar previously and it was higher pay for me. Only stayed two months and I had to get out of there. The workload was ridiculous, we were responsible for EVERYTHING, not hard to do, but I felt it was unfair how we were responsible for other departments work. The scheduling was nothing I've ever seen. They made sure to schedule breaks and lunches early so we were stuck on the phone for long hours with back to back to back calls with no break. If you're not management or have long tenure you're granted maybe one saturday off a month. All management cared about was numbers and phone volume being low, even if that meant taking breaks away or delaying them to keep their numbers good. I was so stressed at this place, wasn't eating and I dreaded coming to work. It was miserable. I wish I would have done my two week notice but I dont think i would have lasted another 14 days. Although I cant work for VyStar anymore, thats okay because my old job rehired me and I plan on being there for the long run. Oh, and I heard through thr grapevine the new CEO is thinking about opening thr call center on Sunday
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
workload, management, super strict schedule, hard to balance work/personal life
Steady work with wonderful people
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Call center has a less than flexible schedule, however it was a wonderful place to work and is now in an amazing location. It is highly recommended. The customers were wonderful.
Horrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fleming Isle, FLJanuary 28, 2018
The benefits are okay, they dont have maternity leave at all. the management is horrible and the process to get help if needed is insane. the agents help more than the supervisors do. well at least my supervisor, most unhelpful lazy person ive met that has worked there for so long. have to ask way too many times to get something done or go to another supervisor and then it may get done then.
Pros
the other agents
Cons
management
Great place to start a career
Member Relations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Very fast paced and requires you to constantly multi task. Always room for career growth. Great pay for area and amazing benefits. Earn paid time off with each pay period. Friendly staff and great management team
Pros
Compensation and career building available
Cons
Short lunches work lots of Saturdays
Member Services
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
This job requires a detail-oriented person who can multi-task on several different computer systems simultaneously. Above-average customer service skills are a must.
Overall good company
Teller Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
VyStar is a good company overall however I had a very bad experience with the interview process with a manager at the local branch and felt it was handled poorly.
Benefits
Cons
Stressful busy
Great for women and minorities, not for white men
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLJanuary 10, 2018
I guess the term is "reverse racism." The culture at this company seems to be very biased toward women and minorities. As a white male, advancement is nearly impossible, at least at the Call Center.

The standards and expectations seem to be on a sliding scale in tune with your skin color and gender.

One time after having to leave early from my shift to pick up a sick child from school, my manager actually said "isn't that something the mother should do?" While I received a write up, female coworkers in the same predicament were repeatedly shown support and understanding.
I didn’t enjoy my experience there
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 4, 2018
When you go to trading at vystar it’s a lot of talk. When you get to the floor it’s the complete opposite from what they teach you. The management is awful and really don’t care about you. I had a horrible manager. I don’t feel like they care about their employees at all
Very great company
Teller Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 20, 2017
Very busy work environment but evaluations are given based on performance so there is always room for a raise and upward movement in the company. They take care of their employees.
Great
Mortgage Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Mortgage Loan OfficerNovember 28, 2017
A great Place to work overall. Depending on what manger that you get. Which I think is to say about any place that you work at. Workday would consist of clocking in helping members then going to lunch coming back and helping members the rest of the day. Member satisfaction is priority.
Great Job!
Recovery Agent/Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2017
I loved working at VyStar Credit Union. It was balanced, good pay, hard working group, fair, honest, dependable, ethical, just over all awesome. They truly worked with their employees and promoted if you did well. The President was extremely friendly and approachable. He cared about his team and I would work for them at any given opportunity. This is the type of place where you don't mind working and will want to work because they are so good to you.
Cons
It was a great experience working with my members getting to know so many people as well as with my peers.
Lead Teller/Teller III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 14, 2017
Vystar Credit Union is a great place to work, being that i am a people person it worked out really well for me, I really enjoyed the experience of people helping people, being able to be a part of assisting someone and for them to leave with a smile, made me happy, and again the benefits are great.
Pros
The benefits are great
Cons
only get 30 minute for lunch at the branch
It's Ok place to work
IT Professional (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 6, 2017
Bad management style, Good old boy network , You can't trust your upper management If you do raise any concerns about your direct managers they will retaliate, Very little time off, They combine your sick,personal time in one pool which is nothing comparing to other companies.
Pros
Secure parking in a bad neighborhood
Cons
Management, Very little time off
Laid Back, Slow
STUDENT MANAGER INTERN (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 17, 2017
A typical day at work was mostly slow. The position I had was an internship position, so learned a lot everyday. I learned about mortgages, credit cads, loans and finical literacy. Management as very polite and tasks were clear. The workplace was cultured and felt a little homey. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with difficult members. Most enjoyable part of the job would be building relationships with members that frequently come in.
Pros
lots of down time, long breaks
Cons
work place could be considered boring
Good Company to work
Post Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 27, 2017
Management and workers were good but the dress code is very strict they require you to wear panty hose and knee hi's not cute.There is chance for growth in the company as well as the department.
Pros
Good Company
Cons
Dress code
Bad place to work for IT
Network and Systems Infrastructure Manager (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FlSeptember 5, 2017
Management was poor
Culture was very poor
People are cut throat
Executives didn't listen to their employees
Ethics were very poor
I did not enjoy working there at all
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VyStar Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight