VyStar Credit Union Employee Reviews

An enjoyable experiance and an experiance I am glad to have had
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 31, 2019
I truely enjoy working with VyStar Credit Union. However, leaving the call center to another department is very challenging. I still highly recommend VyStar Credit Union as an employer
Pros
caring management, benifits
Training department needs up dating
Lead Teller II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Culture at branch I was at was not good - but overall company is good.
Company is in transition phase - wish them the best.
Allot of benefits - just experienced a bad branch management
Member Relationship Specialist
Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2019
My day consist of opening new accounts, processing loans and educating our members on budgets and credit reports. There were weekly meetings to share opportunities on members credit reports with a supervisor. There were also weekly meetings with the tellers and member service rep to assist the tellers to listen for que's as to refer the member to a member service department.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
not much room for advancing out of the branch to a back office position
Sales driven environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 9, 2019
Highly competitive sales environment.Work life balance is fine. Depending on the branch you're apart of will determine the health of your environment.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Mangers would call you on your off day to discuss work.
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 27, 2018
Vystar credit Union is a great company to work for. They treat us fairly . Also you learn something new everyday. I love my supervisor that I have over me now.
Pros
They do treat there employees fair
Cons
They need to work on the point system they have.
Be aware of Favoritism practices here
Universal Member Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 18, 2018
Very political.Toxic Atmosphere. They don’t let you use your earned PTO unless you get write off and at the end the company keeps your PTO . Unpredictable schedule.The branch I was working in, everyone left . Many of then decided to leave without a job rather than continue working there Lack of management. Manipulation of daily tasks affecting work flow and members. If you are planning to work here,ask many questions and ask them to give it all to you in paper.
Eh
Teller Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLDecember 12, 2018
Very politcal. It's all about who you know and if you are liked by management whether you get a promotion or not. I had to take online classes because they wouldn't work with my school schedule (they told me during the interview that they are flexible).
Productive workplace
STUDENT MANAGER (TELLER And MRS) (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 26, 2018
VyStar Credit Union focuses on maintaining a comfortable work environment. The work place is very productive and their mission statement fulfilled in everything they do.
This was a laid-back environment
Post-Closing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 15, 2018
Vystar was a good company to work for, but management did not hold employees responsible for the work that has to be done. Temporary employees always were overlooked for permanent positions.
Pros
Laid back, manager did not micromanage
Cons
Although you work hard it goes unnoticed by management, they will give their full time employees credit for what a temporary employees do
Overall positive environment
Mortgage Underwriter II (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 23, 2018
Stability and opportunity are key to the reasons I love it here. They have rolled out additional benefits to make it clear that our personal health and involvement in our community is of primary importance.
enjoyable environment that focused on the needs of its members.
HIGH SCHOOL BRANCH COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLOctober 11, 2018
Thought provoking.
Learned allot of financial literacy.
Management was extremely supportive.
Culture was family type atmosphere.
Hardest part about the job was creating new things for students to keep them engaged.
Most enjoyable thing was when I was successful and causing the light to come on for them and making them into leaders.
Pros
Benefits and atmosphere
Cons
Mileage and depreciation on personal vehicle
VyStar Credit Union
Collections Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLSeptember 23, 2018
Management always sided with the members and ended up giving them anything they wanted if they fought up the chain. Direct management was not on your side when you have a valid option or concern.
Benefits were reasonable. 401(k) match. PTO accrued per pay period. Incentive bonus as % of you salary if all company factors are met.
Great Company to work for.
Customer Service & Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville FLSeptember 5, 2018
VySar follows its values of People helping People and or really does makes a difference in people's lifes. Vystar offers great benefits for employees.
working there now
Member Representative Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 26, 2018
a lot of opportunity for advancement, the credit union is growing each and every year the credit union want highly educated and motive d individuals would recommend to people I know
overall review
Student Manager Intern (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working for Vystar, it was a true learning experince, it was life changing experince, it taught me the importance of money managment and financial stability.
Pros
Great company
Cons
working on Saturdays
Good Credit Union
Member Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLAugust 22, 2018
I enjoyed working there, the training was excellent, the management team was okay in most cases, and I would work there again if they were willing to pay me what I make now.
Overall I loved working here
Lead Teller II (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 19, 2018
Even though the last branch Manager I worked for was awful, I would still recommend working here. The pay is good. Hours are good. Benefits are good. Advancement opportunities are good.
vystar
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
I loved the company, Was a pleasure working there. I would recommend. the work process was good an was ran smooth plenty opportunity for growth. Also it's the bank I bank with.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
Helping members obtain their dream of purchasing a home. As well as helping members who might be going through financial distress, find relief after refinancing and restructuring their finances.
good opportunity
STUDENT MANAGER INTERN (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 7, 2018
gets your feet wet in the finical world. for high school students who are looking for an internship in the business world and are motivated to work solving problems for VyStars members

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VyStar Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight