VyStar Credit Union Employee Reviews

vystar
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 17, 2018
I loved the company, Was a pleasure working there. I would recommend. the work process was good an was ran smooth plenty opportunity for growth. Also it's the bank I bank with.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Mortgage Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 13, 2018
Helping members obtain their dream of purchasing a home. As well as helping members who might be going through financial distress, find relief after refinancing and restructuring their finances.
good opportunity
STUDENT MANAGER INTERN (Former Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLJuly 7, 2018
gets your feet wet in the finical world. for high school students who are looking for an internship in the business world and are motivated to work solving problems for VyStars members
Worst Human Resources Department in History
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2018
The human resources department conducted an internal position evaluation survey that was done by a single person with no financial industry experience whatsoever (also with the company for less than a year) who also met with very few staff members to understand their position and it resulted in promotions among the HR staff and senior management team and zero to nearly zero compensation equivocation among the remainder of all staff. They generally make all matter worse once involved and will disclose your personal business to other staff members. The entire department needs to be dissolved.
Pros
Probably never get fired
Very professional environment
Intern/Teller (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLJune 17, 2018
My experience at vystar credit union was a good one. I'm not a huge fan of the very very bank-like work environment, but that's just me. The company culture is good.
Good for a beginner
Member Relationship Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 22, 2018
Not enough room for advancement unless you know someone in the corporate office. After you reach MRS 3 level, you feel trapped in the position and you do not have a lot of options.
Pros
Training
Teller III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMay 18, 2018
Vystar is a great employer. The pay was reasonable and my co-workers were great. The Management team was also great. I only left because I decided to go back to school to pursue my degree.
Great company, needs better management
Teller 1 (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, flMay 10, 2018
Vystar is a wonderful company to work for. There are plenty of opportunities to grow within the company. The only con about the company is the managing skills and the pay. We are underpaid for the work that we do. The benefits are okay.
Poor management, little advancement
Member Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 29, 2018
Not a very good place to work. nearly impossible to get time-off approval. As far as advancement- your performance needs to be flawless for 3-6 months in a row which is nearly impossible. Then when you apply your manager will sit on your application and never forward it on. Turnover is very high-both training classes which started before me are gone and everyone in mine is thinking of leaving.
Pros
its a job
Cons
Poor management, advancement, wages
productive, kind loving people, great working envirment
ATM and Payment Servicing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 25, 2018
The company is great. The people were the greatest. The manager took me under her wings alone with her team and taught me a lot. Great time at Vystar
Pros
No, you had to bring your own lunch
Cons
managers poundcakes
Great place to have a career and advance
Collector III (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 20, 2018
I had great mentors at Vystar. It was definitely a growing experience that allowed the opportunity to learn. Management is always looking for opportunities for employees to do more and be more. I love credit unions and how the member is the main focus.
Pros
opportunity to grow
Cons
no overtime
Vystar Looking To Expand Its Base But Doesnt Share Vision
Customer Service Call Center Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 5, 2018
On a typical day I can expect to have over 10-15 members of the credit union call in for escalations based on waiving NSF fees, overriding REG-D mandates, or wanting provisional credits.

The problem with that culture is that we are at their mercy. I am not encouraged to educate members therefore the likelihood of the member improving their fiscal relationship with Vystar is slim to none.

As a result I'm not empowered and feel left to the mercy of the people I should be able to help through providing them alternative ways to self-help.
Pros
great community reputation, close to home
Cons
not empowered, lack of teamwork amongst supervisor team, no time to coach due to escalated calls
Not many opportunities for advancement
Member Relationship Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Middleburg, FLMarch 6, 2018
Dead set on matrix for advancement with no deviations, you can do more than everyone else at the branch level and be "noticed" but it does not go towards consideration for advancement
Pros
Government Holidays off
Cons
Can't choose who you work with
Fun and happy place to work
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Orange Park, FLMarch 5, 2018
I love working at the vystar branch because of the people I work with. They are very helpful when I have a question and are very charismatic. Great place to work.
Pros
Friends
Great opportunity
Bank Teller / Student Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Johns, FLMarch 1, 2018
This internship allowed high school students to work at their local VyStar branch and also work during the school week at the high school branch. Excellent professional learning opportunity.
Stressful
Member Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fleming Island, FLFebruary 15, 2018
VyStar is a good company overall, I enjoy banking there. But working there, not for me. Left a good job to go work in the call center because I have worked for VyStar previously and it was higher pay for me. Only stayed two months and I had to get out of there. The workload was ridiculous, we were responsible for EVERYTHING, not hard to do, but I felt it was unfair how we were responsible for other departments work. The scheduling was nothing I've ever seen. They made sure to schedule breaks and lunches early so we were stuck on the phone for long hours with back to back to back calls with no break. If you're not management or have long tenure you're granted maybe one saturday off a month. All management cared about was numbers and phone volume being low, even if that meant taking breaks away or delaying them to keep their numbers good. I was so stressed at this place, wasn't eating and I dreaded coming to work. It was miserable. I wish I would have done my two week notice but I dont think i would have lasted another 14 days. Although I cant work for VyStar anymore, thats okay because my old job rehired me and I plan on being there for the long run. Oh, and I heard through thr grapevine the new CEO is thinking about opening thr call center on Sunday
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
workload, management, super strict schedule, hard to balance work/personal life
Steady work with wonderful people
Support Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 13, 2018
Call center has a less than flexible schedule, however it was a wonderful place to work and is now in an amazing location. It is highly recommended. The customers were wonderful.
Horrible
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Fleming Isle, FLJanuary 28, 2018
The benefits are okay, they dont have maternity leave at all. the management is horrible and the process to get help if needed is insane. the agents help more than the supervisors do. well at least my supervisor, most unhelpful lazy person ive met that has worked there for so long. have to ask way too many times to get something done or go to another supervisor and then it may get done then.
Pros
the other agents
Cons
management
Great place to start a career
Member Relations Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJanuary 16, 2018
Very fast paced and requires you to constantly multi task. Always room for career growth. Great pay for area and amazing benefits. Earn paid time off with each pay period. Friendly staff and great management team
Pros
Compensation and career building available
Cons
Short lunches work lots of Saturdays
Member Services
Member Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 11, 2018
This job requires a detail-oriented person who can multi-task on several different computer systems simultaneously. Above-average customer service skills are a must.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at VyStar Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

1.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight