Wärtsilä Corporation
Happiness rating is 74 out of 100

Wärtsilä Corporation Employee Reviews

United States71 reviews

No complaints. Interesting, dynamic and technical environment. New Technologies. Exposure to new things. Travelling around the world. Training opportunities.

It’s ok

Mediocre place with low pay. Some managers have no clue what they are doing. People are friendly. Lack of accountability. Work hours are flexible. 2.5/5

Wärtsilä Corporation insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Pay is Ok. If you want to see the world, this job is for you

Good company to work. If you like traveling and see the world.Pay is OK Benefits are great.Someday is nothing to do. Sometimes you on the roa for couple days.

Everything is fine

The work/life balance is very good.Learning opportunities are available but difficult to get.New graduates are not trusted with much responsibilityToo much hierarchy

Pros

Colleagues, friendly culture

Cons

Old ways of working

bad review

the work place was very uncomfortable the superviser was never ther and my co workers were very disrespectful.the hours were long and they would make me work 13 days straight.

Excellent products and people

An excellent company to work for. Latest technology of solar power equipment. The project I was on was well carried out and the overall project was very well orchestrated. It was a wonderful experience.

Pros

Excellent project and resources.

Cons

No cons

No support for people who contribute the most.

I don't recommend working here. Covid-19 and lack of opportunity for growth have destroyed any chances for pay increases. Highly toxic work culture. Poor leadership.

Pros

Good medical

Cons

Toxic negative culture

Fun

Really fun to work there. Very easy going environment and a lot of work but an awesome and well organized and dedicated team that helps with all the ongoing projects.

Good benefits Corporate cares about the workers

Good company that tries to do well by its employees. Slightly unorganized at times. This is probably because they reorganize quite a bit. They have job rotations which can make for a interesting change of pace.

Benefits

Cons

Unorganized

Multinational company

Very good experience with wartsila I learned a lot.international standards annually employee assessment procedure of the company is excellent..company encourage to enhance your skills and qualifications.

Pros

Lunch facility, pick and drop, annual dinners etc

productive

I am a mechanical engineer with ten years of experience in mining and maintenance Industrial. I have ability to implement continuous improvement using reliability tools and predictive maintenance Techniques. I have experience with construction, commissioning and ramp up of process plant. I describe me as proactive, well-organized and persistent person, I can work both individually and in a team. I work efficiently under pressure and continuously maintain a positive attitude.

Pros

free lunch

company has a systematic reverse national origin discrimination against none Finnish born engineers.

Wartsila North America violates the anti-discrimination provisions of the Immigration and Nationalization Act, 8 U.S.C. § 1324b (and, in fact, is insidious in that WNA induced USA Citizen to work for WNA with the promise of equal opportunity when in actuality WNA exploited USA Employees as a mere “token” to satisfy WNA’s H-1B visa petition requirements in favor for Finnish citizens, The ratio of Finnish engineers in USA projects varies from 70-100% in favor of Finnish with a H-IB working Visa. There is multiple of complain filed to the EEOC of Texas against WNA for reverse national origin discrimination this year 2020. Also see another engineer mentioning the "certain" culture under "awful Place to work" by a business analyst. rating of 1, as part of the reviews. .

Pros

Great! extended period of not assigned a position, positions were filled by Finnish employees since we were just "token employees"

Cons

When the profits is low, the first laid off employees are the USA citizens in WNA, while the Finnish employees from Finland in the USA on a H-1B visa, are not laid off. Most are in the USA with much lower experience and fake college degrees.

Fun workplace. Diverse cultures.

My daily tasks included preparing proposals for engine services aboard cruise ships, boarding vessels during port stays to speak with engine room personnel regarding services. I have had the pleasure to travel around the world, amazing.

Divertido con cafe gratis.

Buena empresa, muchos campos para aprender y muchas areas para proyectarse.

Finish company welcoming diversity and encouraging employees well-being

Innovative company welcoming new ideas for enriching customer value added proposition. Very comfortable company that values employees well being, diversity and ethics making it a very nice place to work with opportunities for advancement. Due to rapid expansion and companies acquisitions, is taking time to integrate, reorganize and define process and procedures.

Pros

Nice people and spirit

Cons

Not clear process and procedures.

A varsity level company.

WDI is a great company. Pay is great with OT. Your peers are very helpful. WDI is very well equipped and invest in their technicians. There are days off and you'll be on call. Only thing that sucks is when you're at home your pay gets cut. Management is pretty decent.

Awful place to work.

Awful place to work. Don't believe the fluff that's sold to you to get you in the door. Your talent is not appreciated or respected unless you are a part of a "certain" culture.

It is a decent place to work

Unfortunately, I was laid off due to lack of work. If business picks up again, I will probably apply back. I do recommend others to do so, but mainly in the marine Division.

A great company

Global company, employee and customer oriented. Clean energy driven. Great working environment with flexibility to allow employees to work remote when needed.

Muchas oportunidades

Crecimiento Desarrollo Attitudes Logros Aprendisaje

great work place for government work

A great place to work, employee orientated and caring. You do a lot of traveling but the company pays you fair and you receive government perdium when you tavel

Common questions about Wärtsilä Corporation

Answered by current and former employees at Wärtsilä Corporation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wärtsilä Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits