W. L. Gore & Associates Employee Reviews

A great place to work!
Comfort Scientist (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDOctober 11, 2018
My 26 years at Gore were rewarding and fulfilling, the core principles of freedom and fairness allowed me to grow in experience and contribution throughout my time at Gore, I'm proud to have been a Gore Associate!
Great place to work overall, but varying culture.
Manufacturing Trainer (Former Employee) –  ArizonaSeptember 26, 2018
I worked in Phoenix and Flagstaff plants and the cultures were very different. In Flagstaff, I felt respected and that my skills were valued; however, in Phoenix I was told that I needed to "put in my dues". ( I had already worked for the company for over 5 years when I was told this.). Needless to say it had put a bad taste in my mouth. I would not recommend working in manufacturing in Phoenix. I loved everything about the Flagstaff plants. Great culture, management that listened, my voice was heard and I was given a chance to run with my ideas for continuous improvement.
Great place to work!
R&D Manufacturing Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZSeptember 23, 2018
Don't let the disgruntled people detour you. This place is an awesome place to work, so long as you apply yourself. Patience is the key...most folks would like compensation before they contribute. Here, it's different! The business will reward you for the accomplishments you make.
Great Company
Manufacturing Associate (Current Employee) –  Elkton, MDSeptember 15, 2018
Is a great company and great people to work. Culture is awesome. Great diversity. very succesfull company. Very profitable. Great management. Great environment.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low salary
Great Company!
Medical Assembler/ Machine Operator/ QC (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CASeptember 6, 2018
This company has great benefits,HR and has great people to work with.Has a great environment and enjoy has a lot of opportunities.
Great management!
The job is Easy!!
Some parts of the company are great to work for.
Associate (Former Employee) –  MarylandAugust 27, 2018
W.L. Gore is one of the best companies I've worked for. The culture is great. There's a lot of people who will help you grow and improve. There is potential for advancement but more for some than others. Being a fast learner and having a high aptitude was a huge benefit for me and I got to enjoy working in multiple areas with multiple teams across many of the plants. Some of the areas practiced the culture very well while some did not. I recommend kill them with kindness no matter where you are. You will work with some great people here and you'll work with some that think they're greater than what they really are. Just because someone is an Engineer doesn't' mean they know what they're doing don't be surprised if they throw blame of their mistakes onto someone else.

If you are female or minority and bust your tail you'll have the best chance of advancement. This is a good thing because you can end up in a good position with little to no experience and people will help you along the way. Unfortunately the negative side to this is you get some people with big egos because they think they've accomplished something major even if their skills are mediocre to poor.

If you're considered a Caucasian male and have good skills you're not only going to have to bust your tail to stick out but your're also going to need degrees or certificates in the field you want to apply for. Even then don't be surprised if you don't get the position.

Typically working hard and going above and beyond will get you places. People usually do notice.
Pros
Great Pay, Friendly People
Cons
Ego issues
Tries hard to live up to its values
Associate (Current Employee) –  ArizonaJuly 24, 2018
Tries hard to live up to its values, but sometimes falls short. Currently working through significant organizational change which should position the company for exceptional business performance in the future. Tends to over-sell the company culture, setting new hires up for disappointment even though the culture is generally very good.
Good culture but...
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  DelawareJuly 17, 2018
"Make money and having fun", Gore's principle, has completely changed in "make money". Management has taken lots of decisions only thinking on the financial aspect and forgetting the human one. What a shame
Pros
Work life balance
N/a
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJuly 9, 2018
The work place was very welcoming and bright. The Associates were nice and hard working. Due diligence is definitely needed. Would definitely recommend anyone to work here.
Cult-like atmosphere
Contract Associate (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDJune 29, 2018
If you don't fit the Gore "culture", you are simply let go - swiftly and with little explanation. While the people there are very nice, watch your back.
If you are friends with the higher up people most likely you will have all kind of opportunities.
Research and Development Technician- operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2018
The beautiful Gore's culture is hardly ever practice,a day of work to start is at 6am and you have to be in the clean room a few min before 6am otherwise you get call out for being late, the job is very stressful and physical it hurts your body badly but no one cares as long as they get their goals meet each day. No one has the compassion and family environment that once it had.
it is very sad and disappointing to see such a successful enterprise being so careless and corrupt.
Pros
Good salaries for managment
Cons
super short breaks, expensive health insurance
Pretty easy going
Associate (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 25, 2018
No direct supervision, Culture practiced different at each plant, Leadership selection questionable, No accountability or support, Lots of good people employed.
Pros
flexible with time off, compensation, beneifits
Cons
very inconsistant procedures, lack of direction from leadershipship, Office politics, poor advancement oppertunities
great place to work
Shift leader (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 21, 2018
Typical day at work would be to come in, put on your cleanroom suit and build medical devices. Benefits are awesome. sick time, vacation, 401k ect. I would still be here if it wasnt for personal issues
Pros
always doing things for employees
Cons
extremely hard to get hired if you dont know someone working there already
Im still under temp services
Medical cleanroom manufacturing (Current Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 14, 2018
I am still a temporary employee but it sounds great to become an associate. It feels like they have better opportunities. I feel like they are singling out temp services yet we provide the same service as associates.
Great environment to work in
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZJune 12, 2018
I worked in several departments of W.L. Gore and Associates and each one provided needed skills applicable to the position. Privately owned company which is a plus.
ok
WASTE COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 10, 2018
Its a great company and the benefits are great but the pay is about 5 dollars an hour out of date and it is quite a travel for most people. The culture varies depending on the building you work in.
Great place to work.
N/A (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85085June 9, 2018
Great and fun place to work. they have volleyball, horse shoes, basketball, ping pong table. Free lunch when they have training classes, get to travel
Pros
free lunch doing training
Be cautious
Quality Control Tester (Former Employee) –  ArizonaJune 6, 2018
In the 3 years I worked there things slowly got worse for the employees that do the manual labor. No promotion, lack of communication, no direct leadership. The people most upset with the changes are the ones who do the manual labor, leadership and office dwellers have free paid lunches, flexible schedules, and are compensated due to projects they focus on not helping promote the work force or an individual.
Sales Consultant
Peripheral Vascular Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh NCJune 4, 2018
Case coverage
Call 24/7
Successful relationships with Surgeons
Good work place culture but seems to be changing
Customers want our product. Clinically very strong
Cons
24/7 coverage
Secure
Application Developer & Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Elkton, MDMay 30, 2018
I was the sole developer on my team and was handed spaghetti code written by 7+ different contractors over the course of about 12 years. I had to update and provide 24/7 support for worldwide users.

The people I worked with were really friendly and happy. There wasn't really any threat of being fired unless you really deserved it, which is sometimes good sometimes bad.

The QA team was basically just there to slow things down with bureaucracy.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Extremely low pay, overbearing QA, terrible compensation for IT

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. L. Gore & Associates. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.7InHerSight Score

3.8Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight