1. Weak management that disciplines everything instead of working with employees to earn trust.
2. Poor safety culture (bottom quartile execution, enforcement and ownership by management and operations)
3. Cut-throat peers that throw you under bus at every opportunity.
4. Poor business management, execution and accounting practices.
5. Bullying culture at all levels.
6. Bottom quartile environmental performance.
7. Weak "HR department". Seek to assign blame instead of solving problems.
8. Weak off-site upper managers that do not understand how the facility works or understand reasonable expectations from operations.
9. General incompetence, apathy and lack of drive for improving operations.
Don't work here. High turnover for anyone less than 10 years experience at facility. Apathy sets in quick with new employees. Employees are either looking out the door for better opportunity or succumb to the apathy, minimum effort and status-quo culture. No drive for excellence.