W. R. Grace & Co. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Make a Choice for Your Future
GMP Leader K-1 (Former Employee) –  Curtis Bay, MDAugust 7, 2018
I learned how to become a young professional while at W R Grace. I was mentored by the best to use unique combinations of business management and laboratory technical skills in the workplace. The culture was fast paced but fun. I learned to adapt quickly by combining innovative technology with solid business principles daily. The hardest part of the job was not to take anything personal. It forced me to become a skilled analyst with strong organizational and communication abilities. I can work with anyone and use proven leadership qualities to reach deadlines.I grown to be an effective manager with skills necessary to direct, train, and motivate staff to fullest potential.
Pros
Grace was an effective think tank
Cons
I have nothing negative to say about W R Grace Inc.
Really great interesting company
Production Artist Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJuly 30, 2018
Corporate culture was really great, very professional atmosphere, safety was a top priority and management was friendly and accessible, people seemed happy to be at work and generally smiled. A good place to work.
Pros
Pretty much everything
Cons
I wasn't able to extend my contract
Culture change needed
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 22, 2018
1. Weak management that disciplines everything instead of working with employees to earn trust.
2. Poor safety culture (bottom quartile execution, enforcement and ownership by management and operations)
3. Cut-throat peers that throw you under bus at every opportunity.
4. Poor business management, execution and accounting practices.
5. Bullying culture at all levels.
6. Bottom quartile environmental performance.
7. Weak "HR department". Seek to assign blame instead of solving problems.
8. Weak off-site upper managers that do not understand how the facility works or understand reasonable expectations from operations.
9. General incompetence, apathy and lack of drive for improving operations.

Don't work here. High turnover for anyone less than 10 years experience at facility. Apathy sets in quick with new employees. Employees are either looking out the door for better opportunity or succumb to the apathy, minimum effort and status-quo culture. No drive for excellence.
Package material
Die head operator (Former Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILApril 27, 2018
Good pay terrible manager and supervisor s . Cut throat culture with employees stepping on each other for benefits. Management doesn't care about employees only job orders. Treated like a slave
Concrete Admixtures
Environmental Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAApril 18, 2018
business has completely changes and has been whittled down to a shell of it's former self. They are now named different companies and were broken up to different companies.
A lot of quality time off.
Chemical Operator 1st Class (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 5, 2018
Good pay, good benefits, and a lot of time off for you to enjoy with your family. A pleasant work environment with safety as one of their top priorities. A cafeteria so you can have hot meals.
WR Grace sold out to another owner
Monitor operator (Former Employee) –  Enoree, SCFebruary 26, 2018
Had to be able to lift 75lbs at any time. Learned to be multi-tasker. Co-workers were fun and easy going. Best part of this job was getting to go home after 12 hrs.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Company sold out
Fun place to work
Facilities Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJanuary 26, 2018
W.R. Grace is a chemical company, but has many great opportunities within the entire company. As the facilities manager, I was given many responsibilities, but always had someone there to help me out.
Chemist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 26, 2018
The management was typically populated with longtime people who were not educated diploma wise to be in the position being held. This allowed for poor advancement of the folks who were educated because the managers did not understand their degrees of the people they were in charge of.
We did great work there but there was little chance for advancement
Maintenance and Reliability Leader (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2018
Grace had good compensation and benefits. They good products with a good leading position is many of their markets Management was stagnant. There was little movement between plants and little chance for advancement.
very productive
Senior chemical field operator (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 6, 2018
a typical day was fast past, I learned that team work was very important. the work place culture was very professional, and the hardest part of the job was keeping eys on the product processes and spotting possible problems that could cause down time. the enjoyable part of the job was working as a team.
Pros
rewards for a good days work
Cons
eating on the fly.
Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJanuary 3, 2018
Plenty of growth opportunity. Great benefits. Lots of traveling. Co-workers were interesting and supportive. Family environment. Team environment. Supports many charities.
Great Company
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Distrito FederalDecember 30, 2017
I worked for this company 3 years, I can say, I learned a lot and enjoyed every single day working here. I loved its culture, the opportunity to travel to other countries as well as know other cultures and the opportunity to grow.
Pros
Culture, work enviroment and Benefits
Temporary job
Logistics Clerk (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 29, 2017
I was only employed there temporarily. The place had a large campus, so I got good exercise running errands. There may have been the possibility of becoming hired permanently, but no definite window was given, although it would have been a good introduction to the world of purchasing and logistics.
Stressful - Lack of Team work
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL 60629December 23, 2017
As an operator work a minimum of 48 hours in a week, for most of the year. Typically due to working 6 days in addition to forced overtime to cover other shifts. The management is terrible and do not take operator knowledge into consideration and there is a major lack of respect between management and the operators in the plant. Hostile work environment that includes bullying by supervisors and peers.
Pros
Good Wages and Benefits
Cons
Sucks the life out of you
Nice company to work with
Sr. Engineering Project Manager/Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LADecember 9, 2017
Nice company to work with. good management team oriented. Potential to grow as professional etc...Project was cancelled due to market conditions within the oil & gas industry.
Cons
Challaging and rewarding place to work.
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORNovember 13, 2017
I enjoyed the job the challenges of everyday production. Great group of workers. Great benefits. It was a pleasure to work for the company. I would recommend this job to anyone who likes a challenge in a manufacturing setting.
Interesting Place to Work
Manager, Tax Accounting (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 15, 2017
Most departments are very stable. Global work environment where you will work with people from all over the world. Most people are friendly and helpful. Company that is slow to change.
This is useless
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  dumpwaterOctober 6, 2017
Why I am I forced to write this just to be compliant with some useless format developed by a third grader with nothing better to do than torture. make this optional.
WR Grace
Director - Operational Accounting/Transformation (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 28, 2017
Great place to work and afforded many opportunities for advancement. Had flexible work schedule and location. A very aggressive approach to MD&A activity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W. R. Grace & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.5Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss