W.S. Badcock Corporation Employee Reviews

No consistent off days
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rome, GAJuly 29, 2018
No consistent off days. The owners & managers are related at the stores in the local areas. While the male owner is nice & polite, his wife is rude & doesn’t care about family values or off days. They do not work with your schedules for home life. If you have an active child(ren) in school or athletics this is not the place for you.
Pros
Down time & 1 hour lunch
Cons
Terrible management, Not organized, No time for home life, Work weekends, Co-workers aren’t helpful, Drama filled work force
Great place to grow, learn and advance
Supervisor / Manager (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJune 20, 2018
Worked and retired and the best days of my 30 years there. Great training, great personal and the owners recognizes you as you or they go by. A lot of company owner do not.
Pros
Good place if good work habits and good attitude.
Cons
Hard work
Badcock
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMay 30, 2018
Badcock was a great company to work for. They have a program to help young professionals to develop not only at Badcock but in the corporate world. You get hands on experience and you learn everything you need to know to make you a better professional.
A great work environment
Furniture Prepper (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMarch 29, 2018
I would recommend anyone working here. This is a very family-oriented work culture, dedicated to their employees and their need to take care of their families.
Productive and fun
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLMarch 28, 2018
A typical day was unloading 25-30 trucks a day.
I learned how to operate forklifts and crown machines.
Management was always on the floor helping even if you didn't need them to.
The hardest part of the job was getting used to heights.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being alone while operating the crown machines to put away merchandise.
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Productive and interaction with others make it a fun place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FL 33860January 8, 2018
I loved working with the outside stores and management. This is a place that made you feel important no matter what your job. It was a team effort from everyone to for the accomplishment this company achieves.
Pros
Great Management and employees
Horrible backup from supervisors
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NcAugust 8, 2017
Worked for years... They let things happen in store that are just wrong....watch why and ask why your employees quit...don't sugar coat the issues..They lost a good employee to petty immaturity
Pros
Job
Cons
Morally wrong
Run if you can!!!!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMay 30, 2017
While the pay is not horrible, there is no room for advancement unless you are willing to relocate anywhere within the southern states. Stores can be sold without notice, along with the employees that occupy them. You are required to work EVERY Saturday and EVERY holiday, but Christmas, Thanksgiving, and Easter. This company prides itself on being a family company, but they have no family values when it comes to the retail workers. Long hours and no time off with family. Pay is acceptable if you meet your sales goals, if not you will not be able to survive. Run if you have the chance!!!
Pros
Downtime, compensation for sales
Cons
No room for advancement, no family time, managers tend to be unknowledgable
Good Company
Dealer Advisor (Former Employee) –  SoutheastMay 2, 2017
I spent 37 years of my work career at Badcock Corporation. Like all companies, it has strength and weakness but I enjoyed my service to the company. You are able to build relationships and the Corporation staff are all customer service focused.
Stressful and disappointing.
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNApril 28, 2017
Loved the job at first, adored my coworkers! Corporate had no respect for any of us. I was there five and a half years and was given no appreciation from upper management. I liked all my (5) managers, but one coworker was allowed to cause unnecessary drama by lying about everyone and everything. We never even received a Christmas bonus. I do not recommend this company to anyone!
Pros
Not much.
Cons
Too many to list! Hours were awful!

Want to know more about W.S. Badcock Corporation?

Ask a question
Garbage
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Elizabethton, TNMarch 16, 2017
This company is not good. If you do more than others then they expect it out of you all the time with no chance of moving up. I was there for 2 years and I wouldn't wish any of that on anyone. Sales people do not do anything but complain about how hard their job is. I liked the manager. But co workers and people in upper management didn't care about moving up especially when they told you they would.
Pros
Had a job
Cons
Everything else
Unrealistic expectations
Manager (Current Employee) –  CorporateFebruary 10, 2017
RUN! Do not ever work for this company, they say they want to help you but the whole time they are stabbing you in the back. This company does NOT care about you or your family!!!
Pros
Great health benefits
Good Place to Work
Lead Customer Insurance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mulberry, FLJanuary 6, 2017
Family Oriented, Positive Enviroment, Nice Work area, has a gym. Friendly people, office supplies are good, vacation time is good. Personal time, sick time
Boring, physical
Delivery Driver/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Jefferson City, TNDecember 14, 2016
The difference between the physical workers and the sales people is astronomical, no respect for delivery workers and the expectation should be made up in pay but isn't.
Steady work.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Thomson, GANovember 16, 2016
Overall, a pretty good place to work.The people were great but the work environment was not the best.The benefits were good.There is a lot of physical hands on work.The workload can very heavy at peak times.
Pros
Good people to work with.
Cons
Heavy hands on physical work.
Manager sux
Sales Associate and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCNovember 6, 2016
She left her husband and children to be witht the store manager who then gave her a job. This is fratilization first of all. She selld returns as new and buys the new ones for herself at mark down priced.This is also consumer fraud to sell an used mattress as new.
She also forged signatures and is a compulsive liar. Worse boss evveeerrr
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
Drama drama drama
Untrained managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaNovember 2, 2016
Long hours very slow store manager is rude huge turn over no family values no weekends off you have to get insurance license and it's a rip off for customers scam military horrible customer service
Pros
Cons
Corporate is horrendous
Not what I expected dissapointed.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Manchester, GAOctober 4, 2016
I worked for this company for over a year and it was not what was expected. Signed up to do one job and ended up doing multiple jobs not described in job description and did not receive any additional compensation for it. They are money driven and has lost its focus which is its employees and customers. Was accused of multiple accusations continuously to be found not at fault . Owners are doing what they want in the stores and there is no loyalty between mangers and supervisors not to add no support you are on your own. very disappointed in the professionalism.
productive, Great job, Loved It
Seamtress (Former Employee) –  Mulberry, FLSeptember 30, 2015
I sewed and made beds. I love working with my other co-workers. No fussing we all worked great together. We had great benefits.
Pros
Sometimes got Bonus's and free dinner's, Thanksgiving Dinner's And Christmas Bonus's & Dinner's
It was the first job I had after I closed my business.
Senior Appliance and Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Cullman, ALSeptember 29, 2015
I was ready to look for other gainful employment. Economy had changed so I decided to close my business and find employment. It was a job in which I had been doing for the past many years. Travel with small children at home was difficult. I saw 3 different supervisors while I was there. None really were as connected and supportive of the employees. Managers were much worse.
Pros
Had a vehicle to drive to and from work as well as for the job.
Cons
Managers, supervisors, and owners drove me away to other employment.