W.W. Transport Inc. Employee Reviews

No job stability .
Drivet (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXApril 15, 2018
I often felt like I was working for a company that just did not care about its employees. They make it sound good , but as soon as you get on board the truth comes out. They came in to take over the transportation department here at this location, because they were the lowest bidders. They are still around because they are the lowest paid trucking company . Just look at the paper, Ad after add every week . Insurance is expensive, only one week vacation and it pays nothing , you work to many detention hours and will not get paid for then.
Pros
Customers are great
Cons
Management looks out For themselves only.
dispatch sucks
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, IAFebruary 27, 2018
Never knew what I was doing each day and treated very like you don't matter. Working 21 hours for week an a half all I got told was to make it look good on paper
This company is like family.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Burlington, IAFebruary 24, 2018
Ive been working and driving at WW for over 5 years now, and I have no intention of leaving. If you have a problem, they'll do there best to fix it.

This company consistently does the "right thing" and I respect the heck out of them for it.
Pros
driver's are respected and appreciated, paid weekly
Cons
some of the trucks have small bunks.
Great Company with a family environment
Driver (Current Employee) –  Wood River, ILFebruary 24, 2018
Very busy with lots of freight. Customers are continually adding freight and adjusting schedules which can be challenging. Everyone from the owner , GM, terminal Manager on down has a CDL and exercises it, which is nice to see them working along side you when needed. Most terminal Managers and dispatchers are former drivers, so they can help you with most issues and understand the frustrations that can come with the job. Great family environment, easy to schedule time off when needed.
Pros
Great pay.
Cons
Vacation pay is lacking, but other benefits make up for it
Good company to work for
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2018
WW Transport has treated me well in my time there. I have found a manager that has gone to bat for me and is willing to work with my schedule. I am not always happy about working 6 days a week, but the customers are always changing their schedules not the managers. I enjoy the team I work with and we all try to help each other out.
Pros
Manager is friendly
Poor management overall at local depot
CDL Tractor Trailer Driver (Former Employee) –  Martins Creek, PAFebruary 16, 2018
I did all I could give and that just never seemed enough for the management, until death of my family member brought out all the selfish and non existence of any understanding or consideration on the management part to help my situation I was undergoing at such a time
Pros
close to home
Cons
all you can think of and more
Stay away
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Commerce CityJanuary 26, 2018
This company is a circus! No one manager knows what the other one is doing or saying. Too many hours & not enough pay. Would rather hire someone who knows nothing so they can pay them nothing than pay a little more for experience. Just don't get these guys!! Stay away or be sorry!!!
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Low low pay
delivers flour to bakierys
Company tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 8, 2018
It is a local job with weekly pay delivering flour to bakiers . nice trucks early year model like mack trucks , people net log books . long working day .
Pros
home every day
Cons
to many hour worked in a week
Stay away
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus ohioDecember 12, 2017
Incomptent management.terrible dispatch.you will not make money here.i hauled cement.pay is really low compared to other companies.benefits are expensive and useless with high deductible.only made 350 week gross at ww transport and worked 6 days a week.stay away from percentage pay.
Pros
Cons
Pay.benefits
An ok job
Driver (Current Employee) –  MichiganNovember 12, 2017
Family is not of high importance here. If you have hours available you are expected to run. You are paid fair for being local, but are expected to work weekends on a regular basis.
Pros
Local
Cons
It was relaxed and fast paced the day went quick it was a ch
Washbay attndant (Former Employee) –  West Burlington, IAOctober 22, 2017
It was a challenging place to work at and a learning oppertunity in many ways you learn how to drive a similar truck and trailer learn how to wash food grade tanker trailers
Pros
It wasent really hard work but routine work
Cons
Closterfhobic heights
Driver
unknown (Former Employee) –  unknownSeptember 29, 2017
horrible place to work. No communication. One manager tells you one things then you are told something else by someone higher up. I have driven for other companies and this one by far has the worst benefits. I only took this job because I absolutely needed it.
Easy work and other drivers seem happy to be there.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PASeptember 27, 2017
They hired me right out of school and gave me a local job. The manager was very upfront with his expectations and the pay, was very friendly and easygoing. Even ran loads himself when they were in a bind. At times dispatched to start after only 10 hours off. Mechanics were lost and nothing ever got fixed. Fellow drivers are very helpful. Job requires a lot of attention to detail. Training is very involved. All in all a great place to work. I'd still be there if I didn't have to drive to NY. Too stressful for me.
Pros
Easy work, fair management, AWESOME owner.
Cons
Driving in NYC
Not a bad place to work overall
Yard Hostler (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COAugust 25, 2017
You can make alot of money here with all of the overtime but there isn't much for home life as a typical week provides you with only one day off it can be very hectic during the busy season but it also has times where there isn't much to do
Good job, bad environment
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alton, ILAugust 24, 2017
No benefits. Expensive insurance. Terrible vacation. Expected to what they want, when they want. Usual last minutes notice. Job sounds great until you do it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAAugust 9, 2017
The guys in the office are great. Any time I needed a day off they were willing to work with me, even when it was short notice. they work with my schedule to include my family activities. Hours are long some days and pay could be a little better but the dispatcher understands family matters. I wouldn't leave if they forced me to.
Pros
Family comes first
Cons
long hours. no set time in time out.
Terminal is run unorganized
Driver (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJuly 16, 2017
If you like a terminal manager that had booze in his desk and in a fake book, takes the wrong loads to customers, smells like a brewery then drive for w.w. of camphill pa. Because they can't fire you for taking the wrong load management sucks. Terminal sucks they all need fired.
Pros
Onsite brewery
Cons
WW Transport is a good company
Dispatcher/Driver (Current Employee) –  West Burlington, IAApril 30, 2017
WW transport is a good company to work for but the management does not listen to what the employees need. Drivers are given their loads but could be used between the different mangers and districts but always are notified early enough to make changes with their daily lives.
Crazy,busy,home time and cool people
Driver (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXFebruary 22, 2017
The people are cool and the pay is not bad. The boss always making sure we are getting loads and treat everyone with respect. I think all the guys that work here have been working for over a year
Pros
Boss is really cool if i need a day off and make sure to get us paid
Cons
Midd loads suck
It can be okay at times
Tank wash (Former Employee) –  Mount Bethel, PAFebruary 12, 2017
Good company I think they just need a little change in the manager division in our area.. it it kind of like a playground with adults it is a very imature workplace at times
Pros
Very laid back
Cons
You have to pay for your clothes to be cleaned that they supply you when hired

Ask a question about working or interviewing at W.W. Transport Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9