Wabash General Hospital Employee Reviews

Receptionists Rude
PRN Float Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILMarch 22, 2018
Most of the receptionists are so rude and catty to each other and behind the patients backs. It was such a negative environment to be around these complaining women, especially when they kept making fun of all the patients. Some workers were generally nice, though. Some offices are better to work in then others. Was promised hours in the interview but didn’t get them. You are basically full time until you are trained.
Pros
Free lunches catered in, interacting with friendly patients
Cons
Rude coworkers, insurance is a headache to mess with, some very busy/fast-paced days
Great place for rehab
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILSeptember 25, 2017
WGH has a great rehab staff that is willing to work around most patient schedules and able to improve patient's quality of life with proper techniques and rehabilitation of injuries and surgeries.
Pros
Discounted food and free drinks for employees
Cons
breaks are limited to time without patient interaction
Great work place.
Polysomnography Technician (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILAugust 8, 2017
Very caring and encouraging atmosphere. Employees are treated as family. Most managers are very encouraging providing opportunities for growth. The hospital functions well as a team and all employees are outgoing and friendly.
Pros
free drinks, and always make hospital week and Christmas fun.
Cons
Healthcare open holidays and weekends
Good hospital
Chief Financial Officer (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILAugust 7, 2017
Good place to work, Challenging. I secured financing to a replacement facility which was a great learning experience. Occasionally stifled by corporate rules.
A hospital that is continuously growing and evolving
Clinic Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILAugust 7, 2017
A typical day at work involved checking on all of the offices that were managed. Researching payer guidelines, meetings, ensuring optimal workflow from the check-in process, moving through the visit and all the way through to the check out. Answered multiple emails throughout the day.

Management tries to promote from within. They will pay for continuing education as long as there is a mutually beneficial reason for both parties.

Workplace culture- WGH is a very family oriented workplace.

The hardest part of the job for me was the high expectation of professionalism. I like to joke around and have fun while being productive. WGH prefers a more professional demeanor.

The best part of the job were my co-workers. I made some life long friends during my tenure at Wabash General Hospital.
Pros
20% discount on all hospital services, paid continuing education, six paid holidays per year, discounted lunches, taking care of patients
Cons
high health insurance, company is reactive and not proactive
Professional and caring p!ace to work, grow and advance
Quality Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILJune 23, 2017
Positive , productive, caring, skilled place to work. Very highly skilled and experienced staff that gives personalized care to all. Wabash General Hospital is one of the country's highest rated in patient care. A great place for career advancement and growth..
Pros
good benefits, family orientated
Cons
Great working environment with friendly, supportive staff at all levels
Per Diem Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILJune 7, 2017
My best working environment in 40 years! I worked independently in acute care but had assistance of PTA or by nursing staff when needed. Management at all levels was supportive of all employees. The hardest part of the job was the physicality of working in acute care - an expected difficulty. the entire experience was enjoyable to me!!
Pros
Journal club for therapists, paid continuing education, frequent praise and perks (free pizza, kettle corn, etc) for all employees, great salaries
Cons
weekend rotation, even if only one patient, for per diem staff who drove 45 - 60 min to work
Productive and fun place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILFebruary 27, 2017
I always had plenty to do in my department and there were always other hands to help out when needed. all jobs were shared equally amongst fellow employees.
Pros
very nice company
This is a great ER
Registered Nurse- ER (Current Employee) –  Mt. Carmel, ILOctober 7, 2016
A typical workday in ER varies from day to day. being a small community with a small ER, we see all types of patients. This ER is used for a doctor office for the people that do not have a primary PCP at times. Our doctors and nurses are great. This community is lucky to have such a good group of doctors and nurses.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Emergent patients are transferred due to not having cardiology, nuerology, and etc.
WGH summary
Plant operations clerk (Current Employee) –  EngineeringJuly 11, 2016
Working at wabash general hospital is great i love my job. I have learned so many things along the lines of business all the way to working hands on with the equipment. My coworkers are terrific they are outstanding to work with and very polite and helpful.
Small Town Hospital
Radiologic Technologist/ CT technologist (Current Employee) –  Mount Carmel, ILJune 11, 2015
Great small town feel overall great place to work. Very efficient place to work. Co-workers become more like family members and everyone is very nice and considerate.
Job place was good. some of the people made it kind of hard to work there.
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Medical records departmentDecember 31, 2014
My overall review is I would work there again. It is a nice hospital and very clean.
Pros
Cafeteria is good.
Cons
Did not really have any cons with it other than some of the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wabash General Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5