Wabash National Corporation Employee Reviews

Was a very demanding hard place to work
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 19, 2018
Was a very demanding and hard place to work. In some cases they worked to give us more time off to be with our family and friends . But would promise alot then snatch it right from under you! Profit Sharing and days off were the real big ones!Then Supervission and other personel including HR, will do you dirty as well.
Pros
Gd pay
Cons
Supervission and HR Need an Overhaul!!
Just dont miss days affects your hiring end date
Roofer (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INSeptember 18, 2018
I loved working there it was People link who took me off my assignment instead of replacing my position with someone else. I roof set. And i know that i could've went farther but due to my seizures they didnt find that my safety was reassured.
Pros
Good job
Cons
Great benefits
Wabash National
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 14, 2018
Encountered many lower management changes and observed confusing middle management activity. Some of the engineering and technical employees were very talented but most tended to leave after a couple of years. Most of the hourly workers are low skilled and require work instructions with job assignments to be adjusted accordingly.
Pros
Good outside training with some bonus rewarding.
Cons
High turn over of hourly and salary personnel.
It a job
Installer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 12, 2018
It was just a job it starts out a great place to work do more and more I can not say anything bad about the company some department is best run better than somes
Cons
I enjoy working along side my co-workers
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 5, 2018
I enjoy welding. I never had the time or the money to go to school but they have there own welding school they give the opportunity to learn a trade and that's in valuable
Pros
Weld school
Cons
Breakes arent long enough
Can be fun
Floors assembly (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INSeptember 4, 2018
Wabash National Corporation is a good place to work depending where one is put. Sometimes one may get a very disrespectful supervisor or coordinator, it doesn’t matter as long as you work. Most people start at wabash as a temporary worker through an agency, that being the case, I highly recommend that for the first 90 days you keep your attendance in order as it will have a major effect in getting hired on and moving up the ladder. Besides one being hired on one doesn’t move up unless they become a welder or painter or forktrck drive. Wabash National is a good place to gain experience and has good benefits as long as one is responsible with their attendance and performance.
Pros
Good benefits, paid time off, raises, optional career advancement through welding, painting, or forktruck driving
Cons
Many disrespectful managers, favoritesim, and drama in the work place, the environment can be hazardous around welders and paint booth
Sander/paint prepper (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXSeptember 3, 2018
I would recommend Wabash national to anyone that likes the work they do and likes building armored trucks, it’s a fun/productive job that keeps you busy everyday.
Pros
8 hour days
Cons
Short breaks
Terrible
WELDER (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIAugust 29, 2018
I worked at wabash national for four years. The worst part apart from the bosses and the lack of tools was the fact that there isnt proper ventilation in their entire shop causing you to breathe in countless amounts of dust from the trymer, which isnt toxic in small doses but if ingested in copious amounts leads to lung cancer. Pay is good but if you dont care about your health
fast pace
Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 25, 2018
Fast pace work make day go by fast..You can learn a lot of different jobs if your willing to learn.You will meet a lot of people and may comes friends with many and may dislike others.
It’s the best
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 23, 2018
The best job I even have plz give me a chance again I was the people I like most they help u with anything u need and the forklift trainer made sure u know what u was doing and safe
Pros
Yea
Cons

Want to know more about Wabash National Corporation?

Ask a question
rough place to work
WELDER (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 22, 2018
it was very fast paced but simple work that leaves little time for family. also the management staff is lacking to say the least organization is definitely not their strong suit.
Fast paced
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 21, 2018
It can be very fast pace and could be fun it just depends on the people you work with it can also be very stressful and some people do not like new people and they don’t like to help the new people out
Alright
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 14, 2018
When I was working at wabash supervisors didn't care most times if certain employees came in late or never came in ppe was great but I seen that Wabash had there favorites employees there and would treat some of us unfairly and i couldnt learn other jobs like I was told I worked threw resource mfg it could of been differently if I went threw Wabash its self learning new jobs quicker but I didnt like how I was being treated
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Couldnt smoke on property and treated unfairly and couldnt learn different jobs
Hwork environment at a fast pace, mandatory overtime
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 9, 2018
This job is very boring, same things every day with no change. Machines break down oftern, long work day. The pay is average for a factory, overtime offered and mandatory occasional OT.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Hot, poor leadership, lack of training
Growing but lacking direction.
Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 9, 2018
The company has gone through restructuring and several changes in management over the past few years. Companies can lose their history this way, it happens all the time.
Focused
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INAugust 7, 2018
This is an environment where safety comes first. You must be alert at all times and serious about working. They do help you move up and the pay is great.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
Love/favortism
Assembly Line Worker/Production (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 30, 2018
Wabash is a wonderful place. The quality n quantity in the work area equals out . I believe ,i was one of the most reliable,strongest, approachable, adaptive women leader for axel boogie(air chambers) . i loved and love that job for how much i was compensated for something so easy or enjoyed.Beginning was tough then i adapted & turn it to my everyday workout. Overall i would love to go full-time. I love this job so much that it felt like family.higly recommend.
Pros
Workers, supervisors, treats
Cons
Team work
Love this job!!!
Shelling (Former Employee) –  Goshen, INJuly 25, 2018
Would work there again and again!!!!!
Love the people and the environment was very very clean!!! Pay was excellent !! And the benefits were through the roof!!
Supervisors need more training I’m people skills
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 24, 2018
At Wabash I welded as a coordinator for two departments. I decided to do this for the 2 years I worked there and ran my shop. Wabash became too much for me
Pros
Convenient to home
Cons
Bad supervisor skils
Poor management
Welder (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WI 54935July 19, 2018
No room for advancement, poor management, if you don't click with upper management your stay is short lived. Ok pay and benefits. Long hours and 6 day work weeks make for no life outside of work. Upper management walks around like they are better than anyone working on the floor.
Pros
Ok pay
Cons
Poor management/structure

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wabash National Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight