Wabash National Corporation Employee Reviews

Liked working here
Roof bow assemble (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 8, 2019
Have to say was a nice place to work all was friendly and polite. Supervisors were very helpful in getting me in the comfort of the job. Would recommend this a place of employment for all that need a nice place to work.
Rescinded my offer and never gave me an explanation
Bilingual Buyer (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIFebruary 6, 2019
Very unprofessional. New leadership, very corporate. Rescinded my offer and never gave me an explanation why. The hiring manager kept telling me how amazing she is and how I'm lucky she was even talking to me.
Tractor-trailer manufacturer
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 2, 2019
Wabash National is a good company to work for. It's repetitive and fast paced, but the work isn't too bad at most stages of production. It's a large company, with two facilities, and a warehouse, and several different departments
No Home/Work Balance
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INFebruary 1, 2019
If they asked you to volunteer to work overtime and you didn't, they made it mandatory. Worked almost every Saturday, only if it was a holiday weekend did you get a Saturday off.
Pros
Decent Pay
Cons
Too much overtime
Fast paced but fun place to work
Axle build, welder and assembly (Former Employee) –  Cadiz, KYFebruary 1, 2019
Wabash makes trailers for flat beds and drop decks trailers. I think it's a great place to work with many positions usually over. Has high turn over so you may get to learn multiple jobs while you work there. Not a bad p
Ace with a great canteen.
Pros
Good vending. Decent pay fun people
Cons
Lots of fridays
Going downhill rapidly
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  New Lisbon, WIJanuary 27, 2019
When I first started working at walkers I loved it. It was something I looked forward to going to each day honestly. Then they got rid of the nightshift and forced me to switch to days after three years on nights and that has been a struggle I’ve always been a night person the management on days is constantly down your thread telling you your not going fast enough. They preach safety yet make you go so fast it’s hard to think or work safely
Pros
Steady work fairly decent pay
Cons
Management is terrible. All they care about is how many tanks go out the door
ok
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 23, 2019
I think that the work is not really the problem it is just that at the time i worked there it was durring the Frac tank process and had a lot of problems.
Rough
Floater (Former Employee) –  Harrison, ARJanuary 9, 2019
The work was loud and long. the breaks was short and not all that helpful for being able to have the time to eat. You can not go slow when your on the site and there was VERY little space to mess anything up.
not the best place to work if you have a family
Assembler/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 6, 2019
At first it wasn't a bad place to work. After a few years they started losing all the good supervisors. Instead of getting decent ones to replace them they just let other associates become "temporary supervisors". That was a huge mistake! If upper management would actually listen to other associates they would see what problems need to be addressed and fixed. They say the number one thing there is safety but that's a lie. Quantity is the number one thing there.
Pros
decent money
Cons
horrible upper management in all areas
Great place to work!
Trailer assembler (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJanuary 3, 2019
Wonderful place to work, pay is great and work is rewarding. The hardest part about Wabash is making great co-workers even better. The atmosphere is extremely team oriented and to be honest I hope I get hired back on.
The place is a cluster. Seems like no one knows what is actually going on.
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 27, 2018
I dont like it because there is little room for advancement. High labor and danger to your body with little payout. They have a LOT of issues to work out. I wouldnt recommend it anyone unless you needed money BAD. They are in a rough spot for people your badge is now a bus pass. Here's a hint if you're a welder DON'T go through the contract agency there a job fair at the first week of every month. I make 16.50 because I went through the agency despite being full time. They start welders out at 18 a hour plus shift premium. This place is a huge joke!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Badge is also a bus pass
Cons
20 minute lunch no sick days but lots of vaction time
Advancement Opportunities
Functional Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INDecember 20, 2018
Wabash is highly focused on building the talent of current employees. Job training and education advancement is key at Wabash. Benefits are great, reviews are fair and human resources is highly active in the employee needs.
Pros
benefits, vacation, job advancement
Horrid
Grinder (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, WIDecember 10, 2018
No opportunities to advance or get out of the job, unless if you’re banging managements family. Decent pay. You will get blamed for everything. Place drove me insane. Picked up on drugs and more alcohol because of the place.
Pros
Good benefits
hours
Welder (Current Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WINovember 28, 2018
Hours are hard because I live out of town over a 1 and 1/5 drive getting up at 2AM and not getting home until 4:30 pm isn't easy. 4 12 hour days then 8 hours on Sat & Sun.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
no advancement
LArge Corproation Growing at a rapid rate
Telecommunications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 27, 2018
All things considered and the level to which WNC is growing they have done a decent job keeping up with the internal work demands.

WNC does invest in continuing education and career advancement
Pros
Opportunities
Depends where you are
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  New Lisbon, WINovember 15, 2018
It’s an ok place to work if you keep to yourself and you have to eat, sleep and breathe trailers and not have a life outside of work for your supervisors and management to be treated decently, if you don’t volunteer to work weekends they treat you bad, otherwise the supervisors and management are very disrespectful it’s very stressful at times because of the behaviors there and when you tell HR they do nothing about it, HR seems to protect who they favor the most
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Their was nice ppl there and good ppl
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 12, 2018
I liked everyone that was working there. All the managers they are good ppl I would love to work back there again. I made good money there I am looking for job to get my life on straight..
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Healthcare
depends on where you get placed
Welder (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 8, 2018
Warehouse material handler is ok place to work.

North plant Rear Frames SUCKs supervisors dont care and they never wrong always blame on others.
HR will protect supervisors before workers.
benefits
Cons
mandatory overtime 12hrs shifts 3 times a week if not youre fired
Wabash National
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 4, 2018
Frankly, compensation is stagnate, culture is poor with an unimaginative and uncaring management system. Accountability is poor while favoritism and cronyism is rampant and thus leads to dissatisfaction among large swaths of employees. The bonus system is a joke, most all employees are having to work 6 days a weeks while management is at five days weekly.
Pros
Easy to get on
Cons
Lots of hours, bad management
Fun working
Decowing (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INNovember 3, 2018
Very fast paced loved the work all around the lunch break is plenty of time love the hours they give you even over time had great bosses clean place very nice all around
Pros
The work was fun
Cons
Great insurance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wabash National Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight