Wabash National Corporation Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Welder,labor,parts Distributer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 16, 2018
Some of the management don't care about their associates and they let it be known upper management comes across that they care but they don't cause their actions speak louder than their words people on the floor are usually what makes the job worth being there the works not hard just the environment and the way they treat you that I don't like
Pros
People that works on the floor
Cons
Some of the managers
Fun and safe place enjoyable
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 15, 2018
Very fast paced assembling production learning new stuff on trailers ok payed job ok insurance environment is great pay is ok vacation hours is great
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Everything ok
fast paced enviorment
Back up Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 14, 2018
Iwent in worked on a line with timed cycles. Had to be able to keep up with a timed cycle in attempt to meet a numbered goal of manufactured trailers per shift.
Opportunity for Advancement
HR Staffing Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 12, 2018
Wabash is a growing company that has plenty of opportunity for advancement for those that work hard and excel in their position. There are some challenging aspects especially when it pertains to recruiting and retention, but they are working very hard to be an employer of choice.
Employee (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 9, 2018
The job was very hot was a good place to work. They had alot of different people coming in and out because of the heat. It has been a long time since I worked there bit was a great place when I was there
Fast paced and must learn quick
Assembler/welder (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 3, 2018
Thai job you must learn quick and work a at fast paced and make sure that the production is fast and the quay is good they give a lot of opportunities for you to move up and do other things as well in the company
A lot to do.
Assembly Line Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJuly 2, 2018
A very fast paced environment. It took a while for me to used to the warehouse work procedures, but it worked out. Working there I experienced working with a very diverse crowd, which was so beautiful.
Ok place to work
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Griffin, GAJune 26, 2018
Ok place to work. Work long hrs and weekend. Pay is minimum supervisor only care about out put of materials could be better hot in summer cold in winter
Easy going
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 23, 2018
It was a very easy job, I put skirts on the 18 wheeler trailers. I worked 8 hours Monday-Friday. The people there was awesome to work with. The most enjoyable part was that it was really easy got to chill with everybody there and I had to sit down to do my job. there was no hard part of the job.
Pros
Easy going and only 8 hours
Cons
No insurance
Stressful, Mandatory Overtime
Welder (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 18, 2018
There are many different positions to which one might be assigned. Some are easy, some are difficult, it'd down to luck I suppose. I was hired under the idea that I would be required to work "occasional Saturdays" which quickly turned into every Saturday, plus occasional 12 hour shifts throughout the week to cover other shifts.

Wabash has no interest in setting reasonable goals that are attainable without huge amounts of mandatory overtime - great for people who want to work as much as possible, not so much for everyone else. Either way, when the goals are met the bar is raised so that they don't have to pay bonuses. Holidays and days off are offset by mandatory overtime even when it was otherwise not required.

The only way a position here might be positive in any way (aside from the obvious paycheck) would be if you were lucky enough to be assigned to an area with good, friendly, helpful people (unlikely) and a coordinator/supervisor who actually contributes (also unlikely).
Pros
Okay compensation, good benefits, paid lunch
Cons
Short breaks, constant 6-day weeks
Hard work
Decaler and Duraplate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 18, 2018
This job was hard work. After your there for awhile you kinda get used to it. Not a job i would retire from. In my opinion only. It all depends on the individual. I made doors and did decals
Fast-paced. Tough work environment(especally summer)
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 14, 2018
Sometimes this company could have laid back easy days. But this is not usual. Depending on who you are and where you work and what it is that you are good at will determine how suitable or preferable Wabash national's work environment would be. They obviously place a lot of the elderly and female workers in easier job areas. The higher skill the job requires, the more pay, and less physical labor. Capable young men who are unskilled obviously have the greatest chance of working in a high stress or fast paced area with more physical requirements. Although there were several air conditioning units built into the ceiling of the building there is too much movement, machinery, and doors opening for any of the cool air to consistently stay in the building. Some of the supervisors there were some of the greatest guys I've met. Others, not so much. Good Company. Good Experience all in all.
hard fast paced work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 11, 2018
you are constantly moving and dealing with heavy metal for the trailers. employees are very rude and inappropriate. management doesn't like to do anything about that.
Summary
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INJune 8, 2018
This job provided many opportunities to the community itself. I was able to gain more knowledge and receive more training. On a typical day, I would manage my work load and create an enviorment for everyone to thrive.
Pros
Lunch Break and breaks
Cons
short breaks
mediocre work environment
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 31, 2018
Worked for the engineering group. during the holidays the group all got the flu that was going around and were made to work mandatory 55 hr work weeks for the month of January. Since we were mostly salaried employees we did not get any compensation for the additional time. a few months later my father died and I took 3 days off for funeral leave, only to be let go a few days later. I would have to say in my 30 years of working that Wabash was definitely the least desirable place to work in regards to how they treat their employees.
Pros
good product and good people
Cons
Poor corporate management
Wabash a place to grow
Staffing Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 30, 2018
Wabash a place to learn and grow in different areas of expertise. I have learned that its open to different cultures. I enjoy working with the people I work with.
Pros
Paid lunch time
Cons
Short breaks
fun work place
Packer (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 29, 2018
Open communication format, extensive benefits and compensation, rewards and incentive programs. Availability of training and professional performance development opportunities.
Pros
lunch
hard work
Line Worker/Production (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 21, 2018
very stressful and very fast pase. but its good people just hard to work when you got kids or famiy issues because there a cut thoart base the do not go if u have to miss work there not understanding when it comes to that
fulltime
Inspector, Gantry Operator (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, INMay 17, 2018
working on the line was, great everyone worked together as one. how to use a gantey drill was hard at first with the line moving.
learning how to be an inspector
Pros
great people on the line
Cons
upper management
productive workplace
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMay 14, 2018
Environment fair, Not bad for a place to work, but sometimes stressfull. Good people and good company. Some people not doing their jobs. overall good place to work.
Pros
overtimes
Cons
vacation days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wabash National Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.2

1.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight