WACKER Employee Reviews

Management is horrible
EI/C Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNSeptember 4, 2019
Management is horrible. Turnover rate is above 60% nothing else needs to be said. People manageing have little or no experience. All they want is somebody with a degree, they care nothing about experience or promoting people with experience
It was ok
Bagger Operator (Former Employee) –  Eddyville, IAJuly 2, 2019
It's was ok when I started working there. But got bad as time went on the boss has the ones they like and the ones they don't like.and I was one of the ones they did not like.
Horrible management, hr does not care
EIC TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 30, 2019
Do not work here if you plan on being valued. If you are a person who likes to move up the ladder by sucking up to those in higher positions, this is the job for you.
Cons
Management is full of morons
Safety and Management is a Joke Hr also can’t trust.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNApril 18, 2019
If your looking for a Bad job you have found it.If you want a career look further.They will tell you one thing when you start then slowly change it due to business needs. Also most Managers don’t even know the jobs they are managing go figure. Hard to believe company has last as long as it has. Seriously don’t give them a chance Run.As soon as I find a new job I’m gone to get it before the others high turnover here all positions.
Pros
Cons
Don’t know what to do day to day
good steady job
CHEMICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (INFRASTRUCTURE) (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNApril 1, 2019
Working swing shift is tough on your body going from days to nights on a quick turnaround. It leaves little time away from work to spend with family. Day shifts are generally a full steady work day and night can be very busy or slow, a lot depends on the weather. As with any work place you have some great coworkers that are very helpful and you have others that are not as good of workers. I enjoy the different aspects of the job in that its not production work and you do a variety of different jobs each shift.
Pros
competitive pay
Cons
swing shift hours
Review
BUSINESS COORDINATOR AND ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Charleston ,TNMarch 27, 2019
I have learned so much by being employed at Wacker and from co workers that I work with. Wacker is a great company to work for and they provide many great programs for employees
Benefits
Cons
working hours at times
Depopsition
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNJanuary 24, 2019
Very fast environment. Great management and support team. But a very dangerous department. Human Resources was always available for concerns. And the supervisors were great motivators.
Don't do it...too many changes and poor management.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 22, 2019
Wacker has been going through changes and never addressed the real issues...poor management. Many halls are like "dead man walking" and the office is moving. If you join this company do so at your own peril. You might make a difference or find yourself near retirement and being let go. My advice is to look elsewhere.
Pros
Strong financials and good products
Cons
Poor Management
terminated my employment for a health condition
Crusher Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 5, 2018
They ended my employment because they heard from somebody that I had a sleeping condition which I had already informed the lady who did my physical a year prior to this being brought back up. The condition was and still is under control but they claim I never disclosed that information and fired me. absolutely terrible HR with no care for you or you're family.
Somewhat slow paced job.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 31, 2018
Fun place to work but hard to fit in. Once you learn your role and names of people it becomes better. Sometimes it seems like the plant could be a dangerous place to work but most people dismiss these dangers because they become so complacent in everyday responsiblities.
Great experience
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 6, 2018
Wacker is a great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. The hours can be long, but the reward of working with such great minds is a benefit.
Pros
Distance for commute
Poor Management and HR
Production (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJanuary 31, 2018
HR and management is inconsistent and often goes back on their word. They cant keep good talent. Operations doesnt get paid competative to other industries. The company is family focused.
Management in Germany typically has the employees best interest at heart even if management in the US doesnt.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hr, Management
Very Professional
Operating Supplies Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJanuary 3, 2018
Wacker is a very good place to work, very smart and helpful colleagues. Company has been very good to me and my family.
Standard work hours
Management encourages feedback from employees
Very business-like approach
Days vary
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNOctober 21, 2017
It could be spent trouble shooting, working on a capital project or writing a SOP. A day could start with scoping a project, meeting with contractors, submitting bids to Procurement, defining what cost center, applying Company policy.
Pros
many good engineers
Cons
Little room for growth
Good company focusing on safety and quality.
Deposition (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TnSeptember 30, 2017
Get ready for bookoo walking in steel toe boots, lots of stair climbing, overhead crane work, two way radio work, manual, pneumatic, and battery operated hand tools. Usually quite hot in here, got to wear long sleeve uniforms, uniform pants, hard hat, safety toe shoes, and various protective gloves. If you can't handle 12 hour rotating shifts, don't apply. Basically end up working two weekends in a row, and then two weekends off in a row. If you love attending parties, sports games, church, or any other special events that are usually scheduled on weekends, you need not apply. Not all bad though, seven days off in a row every month, never work more than four days in a row per turn, and you will lose some weight with all the excersise.
Pros
Schedule, vacation, benefits, bonus.
Cons
Hot, excessive amounts of walking, stairs, manual labor.
won't work with people with health conditions.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNSeptember 28, 2017
don't trust anybody at this company. They will claim to work with you on any medical issues you're having and then terminate you for claiming it was never disclosed.
Serious management issues
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 20, 2017
This company has made some strides in the right direction, but has a long way to go.

Management is very top heavy, with too many people trying to run the show. It almost seems that incompetence is rewarded by promotion. They address employee cost control by cutting back on the 'rank and file' and increasing management, leaving those working in the field spread thin.

Shift workers are on a 12 hour rotating shift, and work both days and nights. It is a schedule that you never can really adjust to, and can be bad for your health and rough on your family life.

Compensation has gotten better, but it still takes a long time (9+ years) to reach a 'top out' pay. Starting wages are decent for some jobs, but very low for some of the more advanced position which makes it difficult for them to attract and keep good employees.

I have never worked for a company that had an HR department that ran things as much as they do here. Frankly, they dominate a lot of the operation. They are out of touch with the employees and clueless about their real needs and problems.
Pros
Decent compensation & benefits
Cons
LONG shifts, alternating day/night shifts, difficult and lengthly advancement process. Poor employee relations.
To setup an auto. Production line 20000 T/Y of ethylene and silicon rubber,
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  ZhangJiagang Jiangshu ChinaAugust 12, 2017
When I worked at WACKER as a project manager, at prime stage, I found the investment went over the budget. We had to cut the budget to match the investment. We the project team, decided to modify the schedule to short the construction phase. That can cut the manpower and the cost. It needs more site check and feedback, more coordination and adjustment. According to the new schedule our working procedure has more risk but more effective and more efficiency. Finally, we finished the project on time as the new schedule. The budge also is fit with investment.
Close to where I live.
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 28, 2017
It's a job that pays decent and pays the bills. The work is not that difficult but be prepared to work and don't be lazy. That's about all I have to say about that.
Great Company
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TN 37310June 27, 2017
Wacker is a great company to work for and I would recommend this company without hesitation. They offer competitive benefits as well as pay in most areas.
Pros
Long term employment
Cons
Advancement Opportunties are Limited

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WACKER. Our community is ready to answer.