WACKER Employee Reviews

Safety and Management is a Joke Hr also can’t trust.
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNApril 18, 2019
If your looking for a Bad job you have found it.If you want a career look further.They will tell you one thing when you start then slowly change it due to business needs. Also most Managers don’t even know the jobs they are managing go figure. Hard to believe company has last as long as it has. Seriously don’t give them a chance Run.As soon as I find a new job I’m gone to get it before the others high turnover here all positions.
Pros
Cons
Don’t know what to do day to day
Review
BUSINESS COORDINATOR AND ADMINISTRATION (Current Employee) –  Charleston ,TNMarch 27, 2019
I have learned so much by being employed at Wacker and from co workers that I work with. Wacker is a great company to work for and they provide many great programs for employees
Benefits
Cons
working hours at times
Depopsition
Technical Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNJanuary 24, 2019
Very fast environment. Great management and support team. But a very dangerous department. Human Resources was always available for concerns. And the supervisors were great motivators.
Don't do it...too many changes and poor management.
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIJanuary 22, 2019
Wacker has been going through changes and never addressed the real issues...poor management. Many halls are like "dead man walking" and the office is moving. If you join this company do so at your own peril. You might make a difference or find yourself near retirement and being let go. My advice is to look elsewhere.
Pros
Strong financials and good products
Cons
Poor Management
terminated my employment for a health condition
Crusher Operator (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 5, 2018
They ended my employment because they heard from somebody that I had a sleeping condition which I had already informed the lady who did my physical a year prior to this being brought back up. The condition was and still is under control but they claim I never disclosed that information and fired me. absolutely terrible HR with no care for you or you're family.
Somewhat slow paced job.
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 31, 2018
Fun place to work but hard to fit in. Once you learn your role and names of people it becomes better. Sometimes it seems like the plant could be a dangerous place to work but most people dismiss these dangers because they become so complacent in everyday responsiblities.
Great experience
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 6, 2018
Wacker is a great company to work for with a lot of room for advancement. The hours can be long, but the reward of working with such great minds is a benefit.
Pros
Distance for commute
Poor Management and HR
Production (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJanuary 31, 2018
HR and management is inconsistent and often goes back on their word. They cant keep good talent. Operations doesnt get paid competative to other industries. The company is family focused.
Management in Germany typically has the employees best interest at heart even if management in the US doesnt.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hr, Management
Very Professional
Operating Supplies Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJanuary 3, 2018
Wacker is a very good place to work, very smart and helpful colleagues. Company has been very good to me and my family.
Standard work hours
Management encourages feedback from employees
Very business-like approach
Days vary
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNOctober 21, 2017
It could be spent trouble shooting, working on a capital project or writing a SOP. A day could start with scoping a project, meeting with contractors, submitting bids to Procurement, defining what cost center, applying Company policy.
Pros
many good engineers
Cons
Little room for growth
Good company focusing on safety and quality.
Deposition (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TnSeptember 30, 2017
Get ready for bookoo walking in steel toe boots, lots of stair climbing, overhead crane work, two way radio work, manual, pneumatic, and battery operated hand tools. Usually quite hot in here, got to wear long sleeve uniforms, uniform pants, hard hat, safety toe shoes, and various protective gloves. If you can't handle 12 hour rotating shifts, don't apply. Basically end up working two weekends in a row, and then two weekends off in a row. If you love attending parties, sports games, church, or any other special events that are usually scheduled on weekends, you need not apply. Not all bad though, seven days off in a row every month, never work more than four days in a row per turn, and you will lose some weight with all the excersise.
Pros
Schedule, vacation, benefits, bonus.
Cons
Hot, excessive amounts of walking, stairs, manual labor.
won't work with people with health conditions.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Charleston, TNSeptember 28, 2017
don't trust anybody at this company. They will claim to work with you on any medical issues you're having and then terminate you for claiming it was never disclosed.
Serious management issues
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNAugust 20, 2017
This company has made some strides in the right direction, but has a long way to go.

Management is very top heavy, with too many people trying to run the show. It almost seems that incompetence is rewarded by promotion. They address employee cost control by cutting back on the 'rank and file' and increasing management, leaving those working in the field spread thin.

Shift workers are on a 12 hour rotating shift, and work both days and nights. It is a schedule that you never can really adjust to, and can be bad for your health and rough on your family life.

Compensation has gotten better, but it still takes a long time (9+ years) to reach a 'top out' pay. Starting wages are decent for some jobs, but very low for some of the more advanced position which makes it difficult for them to attract and keep good employees.

I have never worked for a company that had an HR department that ran things as much as they do here. Frankly, they dominate a lot of the operation. They are out of touch with the employees and clueless about their real needs and problems.
Pros
Decent compensation & benefits
Cons
LONG shifts, alternating day/night shifts, difficult and lengthly advancement process. Poor employee relations.
To setup an auto. Production line 20000 T/Y of ethylene and silicon rubber,
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  ZhangJiagang Jiangshu ChinaAugust 12, 2017
When I worked at WACKER as a project manager, at prime stage, I found the investment went over the budget. We had to cut the budget to match the investment. We the project team, decided to modify the schedule to short the construction phase. That can cut the manpower and the cost. It needs more site check and feedback, more coordination and adjustment. According to the new schedule our working procedure has more risk but more effective and more efficiency. Finally, we finished the project on time as the new schedule. The budge also is fit with investment.
Close to where I live.
Technical Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 28, 2017
It's a job that pays decent and pays the bills. The work is not that difficult but be prepared to work and don't be lazy. That's about all I have to say about that.
Great Company
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TN 37310June 27, 2017
Wacker is a great company to work for and I would recommend this company without hesitation. They offer competitive benefits as well as pay in most areas.
Pros
Long term employment
Cons
Advancement Opportunties are Limited
Good Benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNJune 23, 2017
WACKER has a assembled a great team in Charleston. The people are generally friendly and easy to work with. For the most part, Management has the best interest of their employees in mind.
Pros
Compensation, Benefits, Co-workers
Cons
HR Management, Work-Life Balance, High Turnover
Good place to work in some departments. Its definitely a work in progress.
Deposition Hall (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TnJune 8, 2017
I work in what they call the Depo Hall which is where the product is produced and then trickles out to all the other departments. Unfortunately, we are like the honey bee making honey. We are paid the same as many others such as warehouse workers, clean room workers, etc. I average up to 20,000 steps a shift with my fitbit because of all the walking and stairs. Its hot in the hall and you wear long sleeve uniforms, hardhat with goggles, steel toe boots, numerous gloves, a radio and an escape respirator. You are much more likely to get injured in the hall due to the manual labor and moving equipment.

Safety and quality is ranked extremely high, yet the whip cracking environment plays a different tune. The better you are at the job, the more you get put on you. The ones that cant work well with others or are unreliable from day to day seem to get rewarded with the easier jobs without repercussions and this is partly due to the high turnover rate in the hall. I am hoping this will be addressed very soon. This is a job for ex military and rough necks in the hall. You need thick skin and a strong back.

I am doing this review not to slam Wacker, but to help others that are interested. We need long term workers, and Wacker pays for all your pre employment testings, training, uniforms and boots. When we lose a worker after a few days or a week, that translates into thousands of dollars lost.

So, yes the pay has been adjusted, but it needs to be isolated to this department due to the harshness of the environment. Which would you prefer? All that gear with tons of walking
  more... and stairs in a hot environment or a hair net, bootie covers, and gown in the air conditioning. Warehouse job? Yep, all get payed the same. Funny these positions dont have the turnover rate like we do. Overall, the job is interesting. Schedule is rotating 12 hour shifts, benefits are fair, and management is improving slowly, Like I mentioned, it is a work in progress. I think eventually, once the details are ironed out, these will be jobs that are extremely hard to get. The safety and quality of the position will cause strict rules and write ups, which will hopefully weed out those that do not have the pride in the job. And ultimately, a fair and lucrative pay scale will hold those quality workers there instead of a constant wish to leave.  less
Pros
Paid boots, uniforms, locker rooms, clean facilities, security
Cons
Break times, changing in and out of uniforms, chemical and manual hazards, overtime.
Fun and exciting always something new
Chemical Operator (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNApril 17, 2017
Wacker is a good place to work with exciting opportunities and challenges to overcome each day. They offer great benefits and pay with a chance to advance with hard work and determination.
good place to work
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, TNMarch 14, 2017
a good strong company shift work all but maintenance they work on day shift and five days a week on call for a week at a time the money is good pay raises every 6 months