WadeCo Specialties Employee Reviews

GREAT work place
Service Tech (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, TXJanuary 7, 2019
I loved my job at WadeCo. The people are so friendly and my co-workers are like my family. There is a great work-life balance and people really respect you as a person. The safety program is top notch and they want everyone to be safe all the time.
Horrible Place to Work
Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, TXJanuary 3, 2019
The people that run this place are liars and cheaters. Everything is kept secret and they lie to employees about everything. It's family ran so secrets stay within the group. The "managers" do not even work most of the time. It is left up to the lower paid people to actually run the place. The management team is out playing golf or riding motorcycles. Management is a total joke. Some of the managers can't even write their own recommendations to clients. But don't worry, they will treat you nicely until you are no use for them anymore and they will turn around and stab you in the back because you aren't family.
Pros
nothing
Cons
management, work ethic, pay
WadeCo Specialties has will always stay true to my heart.
Frac Division Manager (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 7, 2018
My experience at WadeCo Specialties was a great experience and also a family atmosphere. WadeCo Specialties had so much to offer to each and every employee to grow within.
Poor Management and HR
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 23, 2018
Was hard to get an answer on important issues, to many chiefs and not enough Indians. Promises not kept on things they told you would be able to obtain. No training at all, no HSE followed. Poor safety in all their yards. No eyewash stations, didn't care if you wore a hard hat when working in their yards. Poor safety when working in the field. More concerned on getting the job done than on being safe.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Poor direction and management
A little reworking could prove useful
Service technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXAugust 27, 2018
Theres alot of dead weight that an employee will be expected to cover. WadeCo doesnt really fire employees often so that dead weight tends to stick around thus forcing you to pick up the slack.
Management could use some reevalutaion. The managers i have had have been poorly trained or they just were lazy.
The pay is pretty insulting. Its deffinitely not enough for the areas inflation.
I would recommend this job to someone who needs a quick income but only temporary. As many reviews have said this is a family based company so do not expect advancement opportunities.
Pros
Plenty of freedom, not cut throat, monthly safety meetings and the DOT program is phenominal
Cons
Pay is far too low, managers arent adequate, pay for uniforms to be cleaned, too much dead weight.
Culture needed humility
General (Former Employee) –  Coahoma, TXAugust 27, 2018
Family owned and operated company. No opportunity for growth based on relationships between family and friends. Company did provide good benefits and salary. Work life balance good.
Pros
Salary/ benefits
Cons
Culture/lack of corporate support
Remote Sales Position
Executive Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 22, 2017
I worked remotely with limited supervision. Typical day was cold calls via phone, email or office visits. On a normal day I would visit 3 to 5 offices and place 10 to 20 phone calls.
Pros
Minimal Supervision
Cons
Slow acting on new opportunity.
good company
service tech (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX 79711June 23, 2017
They were a good and reliable company but work got slow so they let m go. they did have me travel at times but I was not ever gone for too long from my family.
Pros
a lot of freedoms with the work truck as long as you were responible.
Cons
short if any breaks at all
Great Supervisors
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJune 13, 2017
Enjoyed working with everyone. Small group but very caring in situation. Most go out of their way to help. Wish I could have stayed and grew with the company.
Pros
Company truck, Understanding supervisors
Cons
Need a cell booster for some locations if something happens
Productive Family Oriented Workplace
REGIONAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXMarch 9, 2017
This company is one of the most uplifting fun companies to work for. It is a joy coming to work everyday. A typical workday includes the creation of DOT shipping papers, invoicing and billing processing.
fellow employees are great to work with
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Coahoma, TXMarch 1, 2017
You will have some long work days but for the most part it averages out to a 10 hr work day. upper management work well with you and you always going to a different location witch I liked. There is opportunity to learn a lot about the job.
Pros
use company vehicle for personal use
Cons
pay is on the low end
Decent amount of red tape and politics
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 25, 2015
I joined this company in the midst of a big transition. Before i was employed it was a relatively small company with around 40 employees. With the drop in oil prices i was laid off with a severance. Its a salary job with no overtime pay, but with overtime required to complete the job tasks.
Pros
Employee comraderie
Cons
No overtime compensation
Great company to have worked for.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Midland, TX.June 23, 2015
Would go back to work there if I am not working at the time they were to call me back. I enjoyed all aspects of the job I was hired to do. I was also looking to advance within the company. If the company had not had to downsize, I believe they would have given me the opportunity to advance.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
pay for your own uniforms to be cleaned
Best place to work
delivery driver (Current Employee) –  midland texasJune 2, 2015
The people are very honorable and will do the best they can to help you in any way they can. I have every other weekend off and am usually home by 6pm Monday through Friday. There are times that I required to go out late after hours and there have been a few times that I have had to be out all night.
Pros
company vehicle and phone
Cons
low pay
Positive
Chemical Well Treater/Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 19, 2014
Over all challenging yet very rewarding. Dangerous at times. Very interesting. Team work effort was outstanding. Leadership was also fantastic.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
extended travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WadeCo Specialties. Our community is ready to answer.

WadeCo Specialties Reviews by Location