Wadley Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
poor management
Cash Posting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 9, 2018
very poor management and too much work expected to be completed within 8 hours hard to get lunch break . rules are not the same for everybody requested time off is often denied or they tell you when you can take time off.
Cons
no breaks and was lucky if you get lunch break
Excellent place to work
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 28, 2018
Helps employees to develop their skills. Excellent environment to work. Friendly management and supportive colleagues. Wadley Regional Medical Center pays for all educational experiences.
Pros
Pay for educational trips
Cons
401K matching low.
Loved the atmosphere
Registrar Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 22, 2018
Wadley was a great place to work, I really enjoyed my co workers, it allowed for me to become more knowledgeable about CPT codes and insurance billing.
family work environment whose focus is on safety and the satisfaction of employees and patients/families
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 8, 2018
Wadley as an organization strives toward patient satisfaction and safety. Management is very supportive of staff.Shifts are usually very busy 12 hour shifts. The most enjoyable part of the job is the family like connection with fellow employees
Wadley is not a good place to work.
Behavioral Health Technician (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 17, 2018
Wadley is understaffed because they do not pay their employees what they are worth. They do not hold meetings of any kind to allow employees to stay involved on changes being made and management does not involve staff in decision making of any kind. The staff never receives praise for doing a good job, but they definitely let you know when you do something wrong. do not go to work at Wadley if you have any other options.
Learning Experience
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 29, 2018
I truly enjoy being a volunteer at Wadley. A typical day is not hard; simply depending on which Senior volunteer that you work with. So far, I have learned many characteristics that I will need as I get into the work force; such as patience and the ability to listen and understand where others are coming from. The only thing that I do not enjoy about being a volunteer is the 30 minute lunch break. It takes 20 minutes to make it upstairs and stand in line for your food. Therefore, you do not have time to actually relax and enjoy your lunch. It is somewhat of a rush. However, I would most definitely recommend Wadley to parents that are looking for their child easy, hands-on volunteer service hours.
Pros
discounts, friendly staff
Cons
short breaks
Fast paced environment
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TxApril 4, 2018
I made many close friends over the years at Wadley. I worked tirelessly for them. In the end, I felt betrayed and lost. I miss many of those co-workers
Good atmosphere and fast work pace.
Clinical Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 18, 2018
I enjoyed working here, I was over making menus out for special diets. Collected menus, learned all about different foods for different types of illnesses. Stocked nurse break rooms and staff/ patient rooms with diet foods and snacks for patients. Overall good company and a great learning experience.
I hated it.
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARFebruary 15, 2018
The people are rude, the management should be replaced with someone who knows what they're doing. But they do pay pretty good for weekend option nights.
Fast paced, stressful, multi-tasking job.
Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJanuary 5, 2018
Usually arrived an hour early to help negotiate any foreseeable problems in the OR schedule. Every minute is taken answering questions, seeking answers, research, making decisions. I learned how to accept a tremendous amount of pressure, and work steadily, to accomplish the tasks that each day laid before me. My manager was extremely knowledgeable and she and I worked well together in making decisions. The workplace was demanding and, because we were the OR, we had a high standard of rules and regulations that were required of us. The nurses depended on my full cooperation and attentiveness to detail. The hardest part of the job was the physical exertion that was required of me and the repercussions it would have on my back. The most enjoyable part of the job was when things were ordered, delivered on time, reps showed up as scheduled, and the surgeon was pleased that the case went well without any problems.
Pros
Fulfilling responsibility.
Cons
Little to no breaks, long hours, small pay compensations.
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARNovember 28, 2017
I loved my time at Wadley, solely for the bond I developed with my colleagues and the emergency physicians, as well as the opportunity to provide care to patients and families in their moment of crisis.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
poor benefits and lack of efficient management
Work
RN (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXNovember 27, 2017
Positive work environment. Can be stressful and fast paced but you have team members who are willing to help when they can. Healthcare is a rewarding environment as well as demanding. Any job you take in this facility will be rewarding.
Pros
Good hours, guaranteed hours
Cons
Fast paced environment, difficult and emotional taxing at times.
wadley regional medical center
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 25, 2017
It wasn't a great place for me I love the staff members, but the orgranization has a lot of improvements that need to be done, but you can learn a lot form the doctors and nurse that work there.
clean productive environment
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXOctober 24, 2017
I had a good experience doing the environmental service job. It was easy for me to get attached to others. There weren't any thing too hard about the job but seeing a lot of sad patients. The most enjoyable thing was that you not having someone looking over your shoulder all the time.
Could use some help
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Texarkana, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Wrmc could be a little less strict when it comes to time off. They use pto where you acquire time but they don't like you to use the hrs for real time off. If they approve the time they want to know what you're doing and why you want the time off.
see below
RN intern and then staff (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXAugust 22, 2017
pediatric floor that was very busy most of the time. I learned to care for peds and their families and that was enjoyable. Our manager was helpful. The culture was mixed and as a new nurse I learned what it meant for someone to be a mentor. The hardest part of the job was losing a patient. The most enjoyable part of the job was the patient and their families.
Pros
Good opportunity to practice pediatric nursing
Cons
Environment was not always professional
Operating Room Nurse
Operating Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJuly 12, 2017
Great people to work with. Not the most organized place. Could have been better communication between management and staff, but the coworkers are awesome. Close nit family environment. Fast paced surgical environment where a variety of surgeries are done. Overtime possible if needed. Staffing ratios needed work.
Pros
Coworkers, Great group of surgeons
Cons
Unorganized, Communication between staff and management needed work
Medical Records,Outpatient Scheduler, Medicaid (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 29, 2017
Wadley was a great place to advance. There were many opportunities there. I enjoyed meeting with the patients, but it was hard to watch how sick some of the patients were.
Pros
Helping the patients deal with cost.
Cons
Sick patients
Worked here all my working life
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 28, 2017
Decent place to work but many changes over the years as health care and all its components have changed drastically.
Worked in critical care for 10 years and transferred to maternal child and have been very content there for 21 years.
Pros
Good hours good pay
Cons
Many many changes
N/a
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 5, 2017
It was an okay place to work. A very fast paced enviroment. A wonderful entry level position with a lot of advancement opportunities. Good benefits and an great management team