Waffle House Employee Reviews

Found 6,174 reviews matching the search See all 6,192 reviews
fun place to work
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 15, 2019
it was very great working at waffle house. met a lot of new people. the management varied. the workplace was fine. I enjoyed serving others. the hardest was dealing with more than 4 tables at once. the best part was counting all my tips and not sharing them with anyone.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
barely any breaks
It’s what you make it
Salesperson/Waitress (Current Employee) –  College Park, MDFebruary 15, 2019
What you put in is what you get out of it. It can be very lucrative despite what people often assume. It is NOT for everyone...Period. You must be willing to listen and learn everyday. Once you allow yourself to learn it can be easy money. Attitude is key as anywhere but for this company you’re like an entrepreneur and it’s on you to sell your business and network in order to thrive.
Pros
The ability to eat free all day with some exceptions
Cons
Barely time to take a break and all holidays are mandatory
Overall A great environment.
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Priceville, ALFebruary 15, 2019
A wonderful start for anyone interested in anything from diner cooking and other styles to handling intense pressure along with customer service and developing people skills.
Was hard to learn but 2 weeks in it was but worth it all after learning the lingo and the ins and outs.
Pros
Good food, amazing employers that are understanding to many things and pays decent.
Cons
Employees walking out on me due to stress or whatever.
Stressful
Grill Operator (Former Employee) –  Acworth, GAFebruary 15, 2019
Naturally any fast food chain is going to be a stress. The lack of pay and professionalism is a major issue. They have different ways the serves write the tickets and how the cooks making the plates to be sent out, its all so confusing and cooks are expected to know everything in the entire store and are needed to do both jobs at time.
Great place to work overall
Salesperson (Former Employee) –  Grandbay alFebruary 13, 2019
Opportunity to advance. Management was a come and go in the beginning, but they finally found a manager worthy of the title. Overall it was a great place to work.
Very fast-paced.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 12, 2019
Sunday was the busiest day besides Saturday mornings. There was no time for complaining and took a lot of patience. We also had to memorize specific abbreviations to call out the order to the cook. This job included a lot of multi-tasking.
Pros
Discount on food.
Cons
Short breaks. Great tips.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCFebruary 12, 2019
I have enjoyed working at Waffle House. I have met a lot of people and I enjoy working with the public. I have been able to get regular customers by being a good server which has helped me gain more money for tips. I would recommend anybody that has server experience to try employment at Waffle House.
Waffle House isn't a bad place to work. It pays well, but you won't get a lot of hours. It is a good side job.
Grill Operator (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLFebruary 12, 2019
Waffle house is a good side job. You aren't going to get many hours. Usually 15-20 hours a week. The pay isn't bad, and the job is fun, but it is stressful. The best part about the job is that the hiring process is quick. Training is fairly relaxed.
Pros
It's an easy job to get, and it's fun sometimes
Cons
Low hours, you have to be clean shaven, they charge you $3.50 a day for a meal whether you eat or not.
Overall great company to work for.
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCFebruary 11, 2019
Flex schedule. Competitive pay. If you want to relocate it's possible. You can work different stores picking up extra hours and extra shifts. There's no breaks but when you need a breather there's down time to do so.
Pros
Placement advanced
Cons
No breaks
waiter
Waiter/Server (Former Employee) –  Wiggins, MSFebruary 11, 2019
it was an ok job to get by. the work placed there was clean witch me and one other guy clean the celling tiles and floors. it just was not a salary to make a career out of the best part was the tips.
Pros
Cons
30 minute breaks sometimes none
Good company
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Perrysburg, OHFebruary 11, 2019
Great place to work, not stressful, good coworkers, good management, you make good money on your shifts. Great training, great advancement opportunities.
Fast Paced working enviroment
SERVER/DISH WASHER (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCFebruary 11, 2019
Very noisey, very fast paced at times. Not an area to be discoured in. It takes Alot of collaboration within the team to keep things under cntrol during busy hours.
Pays min. Wage as a server, you can work your way up.
Bad
Sales Personal (Former Employee) –  Johnson City, TNFebruary 11, 2019
Honestly this wouldn't be too bad of a place if the people worked with you. It was like I was trying to cut a limb off of them, they NEVER work with you. I was miserable.
only good for beginners who dont mind playing janitor
Server (Former Employee) –  Titusville, FLFebruary 11, 2019
I would never work here ever again. you not only take care of the customers but are expected to do janitorial work like mopping and cleaning toilets. I don't think the 2 should be combined.
and when I worked there overnights and was violently sick at work with stomach flu I couldn't even leave. When I tried calling the manager in charge back then he was to busy getting drunk to care
Great job for younger people
Manager (Former Employee) –  West Monroe, LAFebruary 11, 2019
When I started at Waffle house I was a teenager. I loved it. It was a great starter job and I advanced from washing dishes, to waitress, to cook, to management. Although I don't feel I was trained enough to be prepared for management and failed quickly I still enjoyed the experience. The reason I left was no holidays or weekends off and I was now a parent. Another thing was no benefits that were worth anything. I loved the customers more than anything.
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
working holidays
Waffle House
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSFebruary 11, 2019
I enjoyed my time at WH because i love to talk and meet new people. Honestly it was a great environment for me. I had a lot of fun working there. Meeting new people, even famous people like rappers. I'm very talkative, great attitude and personality so the job fit me. The management is not good at all. They are sloppy and can be very aggravating sometimes. As if they need help doing their jobs!
Pros
free food ON CLOCK
Cons
management
Fun family environment
SALESPERSON (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXFebruary 11, 2019
Fast pace work. Very friendly employees more like family. Organized with cleanliness! Look out for thier employees. Great food along with great regulars/ customers!
Pros
Discounted lunches
Cons
No healthcare benefits, standing all day, no punchout breaks
Overall Good Place If You Can Control Your Emotions
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 11, 2019
Fast pased work experience. Tasks are simple just have to deal wit the customers and workers attitudes unless you go in like me with a positive one all the time and just do your joib. Some coworkers get away with more than others but overall this job will teach you patience, resiliance, hopw to control your anger because the customers and sometimes management will talk to you any kind of way.
A vast learning experience and insight
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Canton, GAFebruary 10, 2019
Teaches valueable personal skills between yourself and the service you provide as well as valueable interactions between yourself and the day to day community
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
If the customers dont stop coming in, neither do you.
It's a job
Grill operator for Waffle House (Current Employee) –  Byron, GAFebruary 10, 2019
The waffle house is a good first job, but it all depends on the quality of management and the employees that you work with on a daily basis. Other than that it can be stressful at times