Wag!
78Above average

Wag! Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA11 reviews
Great Side Hustle- Not a Full Time Gig
I decided to join Wag! because I wanted a little extra income to help pay for miscellaneous things. So far, I think it is a great way to earn some extra cash. There are only a few bad things that I think should be mentioned. First, this is not great if it is your only job. Walks are not always guaranteed, and the payout for each walk is only 60% of what Wag! actually charges. I suggest starting your own dog walking service and finding your own clients if you really want to make $20-$30 per walk. Second, the walker app is very flawed. Your access to information is limited when you receive a walk request, so you do not have much insight to how the dog might act. It also gives you a rough estimate of how many miles the house is away from you and a map, but I've found this to be very unreliable. I once requested a walk which was "3 miles" away from me, but in reality it was 6 miles. Communication with the owner is also very limited. I think that there are a lot of things that just need to be improved upon in the app. As for Wag!'s help line, it is completely useless. I have tried using it a couple times and no one has answered. So in conclusion, become a walker at your own risk. You'll definitely meet some cute dogs, but if you get into a bad situation, don't expect to receive any help whatsoever. Oh and also, that $30 fee you pay at the beginning is honestly not really worth it.
You get to spend time with many different dogs
Wag has next to no management, they take a ridiculous amount from the walkers, owners pay $20, walkers get $12. No benefits, n real assistance what so ever. This is just a horrible company to work for. There are so many different dog walking comoanies out there that this should have never been a thing.
It was cool. I choose my hours and never have to stress, and ideally it is just money within my pocket so I can never bee too mad about it. I take my time with it.
my favorite job
I have worked at wag! for over a year and a half now and i love working with them, and would consider it the best job i’ve ever worked. It is difficult to get in contact with management but they have improved over the last year. However recently, as the company grows, it becomes increasingly hard to secure enough walks to make ends meet. It is a great side job, much like uber for 18+ y/o who cant work for uber until they’re 21. It requires a lot of travel and is highly competitive but at the end of the day it allows me to work with dogs everyday and i love it.
Pros
dogs!!!, decent pay per walk
Cons
highly competitive, hard to secure many walks
Good money
Excellent jog only if you love dogs. You need to know everything about the dogs and dog care, because the application is really difficult and you need long time.
Pros
You make you’re schedule, good money and good tips.
Cons
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Fun and flexible with your time
Although Wag has a lot of improving to do, this is great for a part-time job to make money on the side! As a full-time student, I love that I get to make my own plans on when I will go for walks etc. This should not be intended for a full time job though.
Pros
Free time
Great Stepping Stone
I used Wag! as a supplemental income for grad school. Unfortunately, Wag keeps 40% of each walk. They also run flash sales which is taken out of the walker's cut of the pay. It is a great opportunity if you need something that is temporary and you want to create your own schedule, but is not great if you need a stable job with quality income.
Pros
tipping and fantastic pups/owners
Cons
pay cuts due to sales/pay in general, some owners who you can never please no matter what you do...
I don't understand how this company exists
As a professional walker I was interested in Wag's offering so I decided to sign up. The signup process was pretty straightforward, although a little bit slow. I was surprised by the lack of training that this company does and how people blindly trust them. I had to watch a couple of videos on how to leash a dog (which I already knew) and respond to a couple quiz questions and that's it. According to Wag now you know everything about dogs and you can start working. No wonder why they have so many bad reviews and bad press of lost and killed dogs and other awful experiences describing how they also try to cover up buying the silence of the poor owners.

My first suspicion started with the app download process. Wag sends an email to all iphone users asking to go into the settings > device manager > and have us manually select the TRUST app. Immediately after that warning messaged appear from apple. I'm not a software engineer here or anything but after using Samsung and Apple for years this was the first time that I ever encountered such a sketchy and weird installation.

I still decided to test it out and completed my first 2 walks. To put it in kind words, it was a painful and unforgettable experience. I run into quite a bit of technological problems that I feel the need to explain.

To start I had trouble accessing clients addresses because the app would constantly freeze on an eternal loading screen (I spent over 22 minutes and 43 s looking at the same loading screen in my phone). I went and called every single wag support and nobody responded to any number, emergency
 - more...
Pros
I was going to say convenience of the app but since it doesn't work NONE
Cons
awful training, less than ideal customer service with a sketchy and horrible app and user experience
To start in this country, no experience is the best !!!
To start in this country, I think it's a great opportunity, it's really a very quiet job but also a lot of responsibility, you pay 12 dollars plus tip for 30 minutes of walking, that is, if you did the same in one hour it would be 24 dollars, none the company is going to pay you that in an hour starting to take experience because they usually exploit you in work with a bad pay. Right now I'm moving to VA and although the pace of work is different from NYC, there are always people asking for walks and it's a matter of patience to increase income.
Pros
Available time, you choose time, you decide how much you want.
Cons
No benefits
Flexible schedule but lots of travel.
This is a good place to work if your a student or between jobs. I chose to do the on-demand walks because they sometimes pay more and require less commitment. A lot of people will schedule there walks a day or more in advance but doing that means you will only make $12 for a half hour walk and $16 for an hour. The company tells walkers that they can make up to $30 an hour but I have only ever seen one walk that was $30. Also, they don't take into account the travel time and that you sometimes have to spend more than 10 to 20 minutes with the dog before you can start the walk and get paid. In reality, if a walker was able to get walks back to back with no travel time and no time to get the dog situated they would only make at most $17 an hour for a day. Also, in order to get a walk, you have to submit a request to an owner and they can take 20 mins to respond and you're not getting paid during that time. Yesterday I was actively looking for walks for 6 hours and I was able to get three walks all with bonuses and made $72 including tips plus all my walks had bonuses. The other hard part of this job is getting in touch with walker support it generally takes 30 mins to get a reply on a text and 5 minutes for them to answer on the urgent hotline if they answer at all. There was a time I was walking a dog with the dog and I both on the sidewalk, a car near us got into an accident at an intersection hitting me and missing the dog. The dog ran away because I let go of the leash after I was hit and I called the urgent line for WAG! support to tell them the dog ran away before - more...
Pros
Flexible schedule, you get tips
Cons
No benifites, can be hard to find walks, walks do not pay as much as they tell you.
Wag
So I quit my full time job because I got married and I’m in nursing school (I was making $21 an hour before). I now do Wag “full time”. In my area the demand is very high so I guess i depends on your area (I’m in NOVA). There are no benefits so that is why being married helps with health insurance and all! I love making my own schedule because if I have plans with friends/family or for the holidays I don’t have to work. So I do about 7-10 walks a day. On the days I have class I do maybe 3-4. On average I make $600-800 a week. But this is me consistantly doing walks! Don’t let me fool you because I have walks from 9am-6pm some days on average, maybe Even earlier or later (that’s an average).. it’s nice because you will have breaks and time to get food and all. It’s how you plan your schedule and if you get recurrings! Treat the dog as your own and go above and beyond! I always ask an owner what they want and if there is anything extra I can do! All the owners in this area have cameras so make sure you are aware.
Pros
Make your own schedule, tips, the amount of walks available
Cons
No healthcare, insecure hours, inconsistent pay, m