Wag! Employee Reviews

Great Contractor work for
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Tupelo, MSSeptember 17, 2018
This contractor was a family base and they loved and took care of there employees, Taught me allot about scanning and setting up there yards for all material to be found.
Pros
Great Boss
Cons
No Cons
Fun to work if you may need extra money....
Dog walker & Dog Boarder/Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 17, 2018
Wag is good for extra pocket money. You may work as you like and choose walks/boardings/sittings that fit into your schedule. Dogs are amazing! You get a chance to work out while having fun taking care of a pup. However, scheduling may be difficult due to competing with other dog walkers.
Pros
work as you like, flexible schedule
Cons
unavailable walks
Poor service but the dogs are usually great
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 14, 2018
I have worked with wag for months now and I love the job. It is the wag walker support that sometimes takes days to get back to you which is awful. They should care about their workers more than they do and not only give 60% of pay to us. I have only been bit twice by dogs with wag but I'm sure they were only frightened. I will continue working with them though and would recommend this for a first time job and it looks nice on a resume.
Fun work environment, not a full time job though.
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I enjoy working for Wag! as a way to supplement my income. You get to interact with a lot of dogs which is awesome! The only thing I can complain about is that the pay is only somewhat substantial. I feel they should pay a little more for each walk. Tips are great and I love the experiences I've encountered. I wouldn't suggest this as a full time job only because you cant be guaranteed walks every single day.
Pros
Meet a lot of dogs and build a rapport with clientele
Cons
Walks are not guaranteed
Great company to work with as a walker!
Wag Walker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 14, 2018
I've been doing wag for about a year almost 2 years now and i can honestly say it's awesome, when people ask me what is wag!, i usually reply "it's basically Uber for dogs."
now i will say you can't make a living off of just doing wag, but it is a great side job, you get paid $12 for a 30 minute walk and $18 for a 60 minute walk and if it's a big dog you get paid more.
For boarding which is boarding is where you take care of the dog at your own home you can get paid up too $300 for 7 days or $100 for 2 days and also the owners of the dogs usually dip one time i got a $100 tip from an owner who's dog i took care of for 5 days,
its also very easy to apply, you apply online then you take a test on dog safety, you must get 100% on the test to be able to apply then you have to buy the wag t shirt then you give your social security so the company can run a background check on you then if your background check comes back clean .... then congrats you are a wag walker! very simple and they pay through payable which then goes to direct deposit to your credit or debit card.
Pros
good pay, dogs!, flexible hours
Cons
Fun but don't make this your full-time job
Wag Walker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 13, 2018
I signed up for Wag in May and finally quit my job so decided to try this daily until i find something else part-time. I actually don't have much experience with dogs so I was skeptical at first. I've owned 1 dog for like 2 months in my life. I've worked at a few boarding facilities though. The customers assume we're like groomers and trainers and all this other stuff which most of us are not.

The pay is okay. Wag takes 40% which is quite a bit but for some reason I get really good tips so it makes up for it. Maybe I'm just in a tipping city lol. Walks aren't hard to get here. Yeah you kinda have to hurry up and jump on a booking or else its gone within 5 mins or less but that's why i turn on my notifications when someone within 10 miles of me needs a walk. I've had over 1/2 of my customers complain to me about how awful the Wag app is for them. It sucks. The support team is always busy and takes awhile to get back to you if its an emergency. The other day I couldn't find this customers key to get into the house so I called her and no answer, called Wag and no answer so sat in my car for 30 mins until someone got back to me. The customer called back and said "those freaking idiots! i told them i needed a walk yesterday, not today!" So I went home and thought about how much time and gas I wasted. Wag called me back 5 hours later...

So, if you're bored or need some extra cash this is a perfect job with some draw backs but for the most part its a fun job and great exercise. I try to book the same customers to prevent anything going wrong etc; bad dog, can't find key, bad
  more... neighborhood. But obviously when you start off you just have to walk every dog you can get to get familiar with one. A dog may only like you and not anybody else which has already happened. I also have had a dog that's loves everyone except me haha.  less
Pros
Make your own hours/schedule, dogs, tips, exercise
Cons
Support team lacks immediate support, gas mileage
Best place to work if you have a passion for dogs
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2018
I loved working at WAG because I go to work with dogs and puppies. This job is perfect if you are willing to be outdoors and you are reliable. It is a competitive job when you start, but when you do a few walks and earn good reviews you find it easier to find walks to complete. You must have excellent time management and be trustworthy. I would recommend this job for any animal or dog lovers.
Pros
Working with dogs/ puppies and you get to make your own schedule
Cons
competitive
Terrible for new dog walkers
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKSeptember 8, 2018
I think Wag forgets that the 2nd half of this business depends on their dog walkers. Their app always has issues and is always delayed. Everytime there is an issue the text support is not available on my phone (Samsung S7 2016.) When you call their customer support they have to always call back even when It's an emergency. The competition is terrible, so unless you have walked a dog before with this app you will be denied.
Great little side job
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 7, 2018
It's easy and fun. Management support is great! Dogs are so sweet. Work at your own pace and set your hours. You never know how the dog will be but most of them are fine and management supports you.
Have a few issues
Walker (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2018
Been working for them over 3 months so and want to address a few issues.
* I was in a situation we where I got an aggressive dog that thought i was an intruder. Despite attempts to make friends with him, he was very hostile with me and it was very traumatizing. Now I'm scared to walk larger in dogs in fear he night snap or bite me or rip my face off. I get anxiety from hearing dog barks even when I know the dog is no danger to me. I trusted the company to make sure that the dogs I encounter are not aggressive, I was deeply disappointed.
* It would be good if the owners were required to post a picture of the dog, it should be a requirement to know what you're getting in to.
* we should be able to see notes about the dog and how he is before hand. Maybe if I knew that the dog can be aggressive, I would of avoided him. If I had the opportunity to read the notes beforehand.
*the wag support takes too long to answer, even in the emergency cases.
*its competitive and you will have to do lots of on demand walks at first.
* have a lot of free time on your hands to find walks. Once I went back to college fall semester, it became difficult to find walks that work for me
* 3 stars because my experience with the agressive dog really turned me off. But once you have a recurring walk and customer, it can be fun.
Pros
Can get good tips, a lot of easy dogs to walk, easy job most of the time, have recurring walks
Cons
Some owners leave confusing and unclear instructions, can come across an argessive dog, wag support takes forever to answer, compative

Want to know more about Wag!?

Ask a question
You Make Your Own Schedule
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CASeptember 6, 2018
It is nice being able to make my own schedule and work hours that fit with school or family time. The hardest thing is if you need to get in contact with any of the Wag Support Team. I once had to wait over 48 hours for someone to get back to me about a walk that could not be completed.
Wag is for dog walkers
Dog walker (Current Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 27, 2018
Wag is great for dog people. People who love spending time outdoors and with animals. You make your own schedule but that can be a bad thing because you have to monitor to make sure you don't over book yourself on the app. The walking is the best part of Wag. The hardest part of wag is making sure the dog owner is pleased with your work.
Pros
Custom hours
Cons
Low hours, lack of work
Worst place to work if you care about yourself or the animals
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GAAugust 26, 2018
- you get paid $8.40/20 min walk which is WAY under the average.
-the more populated your area, the more competitive for walks
-customer and walker service is nonexistent. it can take DAYS for them to respond to an EMERGENCY call.
-walkers are background checked but NOT properly trained
-customers are not background checked at all
- a LOT of fake walks because of app incentives (ex. download and schedule a walk and you get x free in the game)
-random amounts taken from your check by Wag without notice
-you are not guaranteed tips
-you have to pay for any promotional items and ONLY GET $1 per walk, but if you have the dog wearing the bandana in the report card pic or if your wearing the shirt in the report card pic
Pros
Cons
everything
Independent and Fun
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 26, 2018
Wag! is independent contracting, so I create my own schedule. I am able to request walks through the app on my own time and create relationships with clients to create consistency. I spend my free time around dogs and making money for it. I would not recommend this to be someone's only job, but it is a great way to make some extra cash and fill in free time.
Pros
Dogs, I create my own schedule, helpful customer service
Cons
Not available in all areas, competitive, cannot be only financial support
Great flexibility, low pay
Walker (Current Employee) –  NYCAugust 25, 2018
Scheduling can be kind of a mess and it gets exhausting traveling from one walk to another. Each walk is only a half hour ($12 plus tip) but because of the time it takes to start and end each walk at the residence, plus adding time to travel to the next walk, you can only schedule one walk per hour, and even that is very optimistic. One walk every hour and a half is more likely. So you're making about $12 an hour--maybe $14 if they tip. Then you have to pay taxes on that at the end of the year. Many of the dogs are large and have been cooped up all day so wear you out with pulling and walking at a crazy pace. I will give it a little more time but I don't see this being lucrative and worth the trouble.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
too much trouble for very low pay after taxes
Customer Service is slow to problems
Wag Walker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 24, 2018
It is a very interesting experience and it is a little side money for your pocket, however, it is not a job that you can depend on especially if you cannot drive and have to rely on public transportation.
productive and fun place to work, get paid to play,walk dogs!
Wag Walker (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 24, 2018
find dogs in your area that need to be walked put a bid in go to house greet dog, walk, update customer on the walk, make sure dog is safe and the customers house is locked up or key is locked in lock box. Sometimes dogs can be fussy or tug hard on leash, but best part is time with such a loving animal and being able to work outside.
Pros
getting to work with cute dogs all day, working outside
Cons
sometimes not enough hours or customers needing dogs walked
easy and fun
Dog walker and dog sitter (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 23, 2018
all you do is walk around with dogs and its really fun if you've grown up with dogs. when i recommended this to people they had little to no dog experience so it was unpleasant for them but i have a great time here.
Not a good company to work for
Walker (Current Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAAugust 22, 2018
Wag! doesn't tell you any details about your walk until you've already agreed to do it. For example, I've had to pay to park outside an owner's complex; once I spent 50 minutes coaxing a dog from under the couch. Wag! doesn't compensate for the extra time or money its walkers have to spend, and their customer service is often unreachable.
Great work and fun!
Wag Walker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 20, 2018
I love this job. I love walking dogs and that's what I do when I get paid for it. The most exciting part is getting to meet the dog in person and going to walk with them. Its amazing getting to meet new dogs of all breeds! This job is just fantastic!
Pros
Meeting wonderful dogs!