Wag!

Wag! Employee Reviews

United States842 reviews

dogwalkerwalkappwalkinganimalpupexercise

Great Side Hustle- Not a Full Time Gig

I decided to join Wag! because I wanted a little extra income to help pay for miscellaneous things. So far, I think it is a great way to earn some extra cash. There are only a few bad things that I think should be mentioned. First, this is not great if it is your only job. Walks are not always guaranteed, and the payout for each walk is only 60% of what Wag! actually charges. I suggest starting your own dog walking service and finding your own clients if you really want to make $20-$30 per walk. Second, the walker app is very flawed. Your access to information is limited when you receive a walk request, so you do not have much insight to how the dog might act. It also gives you a rough estimate of how many miles the house is away from you and a map, but I've found this to be very unreliable. I once requested a walk which was "3 miles" away from me, but in reality it was 6 miles. Communication with the owner is also very limited. I think that there are a lot of things that just need to be improved upon in the app. As for Wag!'s help line, it is completely useless. I have tried using it a couple times and no one has answered. So in conclusion, become a walker at your own risk. You'll definitely meet some cute dogs, but if you get into a bad situation, don't expect to receive any help whatsoever. Oh and also, that $30 fee you pay at the beginning is honestly not really worth it.

Fun if you can find work

Wag is great because you make your own schedule and hours but it’s very hard to find walks and when you do you get paid a small percentage so it’s not a good job for income

Wag! insights

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • Supportive environment
  • Fair pay for job

There’s never any available walks

I’ve been with wag for 4years. Most of the walks in Atlanta, Ga are downtown Atlanta. It is hard to find parking and you may even have to pay for it. Which makes it not worth it especially if you have to drive 40 mins there and back. The instructions for the location in the wag app is always unclear of how to locate the building and you don’t have access to the information until you have arrived. The pay is not worth it, you’ll definitely be losing money.

Eh

You get to work with dogs and make your own schedule which is cool but you're at the mercy of the walker app which is often buggy, there's no physical office so if you need help during a walk you have to wait for a representative to get back to you. Also they take about 30-40% of your earnings.

People don’t train their dogs

I did not enjoy most of my time at wag. It wasn’t very busy, I never knew if I would get one walk that day, I had to drive far distances, and the digs were difficult. Dealing with pulling, barking, ill behaved dogs, for the pay, wasn’t worth it.

Fun to work for

I have fun working with dogs, as well as the pet parents. I have several repeat customers, as well as a steady customer every Saturday. I like it that i can pick the jobs

Pros

You can pick the job, set your hours, set your own pay

Cons

May get a difficult dog or pet parent

It’s alright

Wag is basically self employment so your experience is mostly up to you as far as work level etc. they do take a large amount out of what the client is paying for services, which means the compensation is not good. But if you use it as a side gig for extra cash here and there it’s not bad.

Good for getting a foot into the pet care industry

Wag! is great as far as getting to work with animals, and keep up an active lifestyle because of all the walking. The problems come in with Walker Support and the corporate office, and the percentage of how much Wag takes from your pay. You can set your own rates, but in order to make any sort of profit you have to charge more than you might normally. If there is any issue during a walk/boarding/sitting it's virtually impossible to get into contact with Walker Support and they are more than likely to side with the customer even if they are blatantly wrong. I've seen walkers get banned or suspended over simple misunderstandings and Wag! refusing to listen.

Pros

Get to work with animals, Set your own hours, Set your own rates

Cons

Poor management, Poor Walker support

Great side gig

how much work you get depends on your area and gets competitive to be the first to request to be their walker. BUT i got to meet and play with lots of cute dogs and puppies so its worth it.

Pros

puppies, tips

Cons

car may be reqired, inconsistent

Your schedule, your choice

It’s very much like doordash where you choose which jobs to take, and at that point it’s up to the pet parents. You build a rep, and there is no minimum suggest walked you should do, you do as many as you want, but one job at a time.

Don't work on WAG

The reasons not to work for WAG:- They take 40% of your earnings- You have to pay $40 for a non refundable criminal background check to work for them.- You cannot set your own prices. They claim their price defaults are what others are making. Their defaults are extremely low and not worth working for. - Not many clients in your service area. Their response to this is to expand how far you're willing to travel.

Pros

Cons

Too many

Fun Job

Fun job that doesn't even feel like work. Downside is the pay isn't too great and you don't know what type of dog you are working with until you get there. Overall good.

Pros

flexible & fun

Cons

not the best pay

Contractor

decent pay/you can set prices Not enough dogsChoose your own hoursSome sketchy profiles with no pictures of dogs or enough info about them/weird locations and weird hours

Pros

Own hours

Cons

Not enough walks

So much fun!

I LOVE THIS JOB SO MUCH!! It has been one of the best and most rewarding job I’ve ever had!! You get to create close relationships with your clients and be outside and get exercise play with animals! You will either need reliable transportation or a license and a car to travel to different locations! I HIGHLY recommend this job to anyone!

What is the best part of working at Wag!?Making your own schedule What is the most stressful part about working at Wag!?Choosing jobs you have to look for jobs to make moneyWhat is the work environment and culture like at WAG! Dog Walking?Customers are great but wag staff is a problem you can’t call wag if there is an emergency you have to email them and wait for a response it’s really annoying What is a typical day like for you at Wag!?I wake up choose the job and go on my way but the jobs need prices change and understand that gas is really high so. It’s not worth it for a 10 dollar walk so now I choose overnight or boarding until gas goes down

First come first serve

Make money on your own time. Set your own schedule. Enjoy the flexibility of choosing how and when you want to work—grab a last minute ASAP walk or plan out walks weeks in advance!

You control it yourself

There's not really anything to say except you can choose your hours, what work you do, and cancel anytime (except if you do it too much it'll limit your opportunities).

Pros

Make your own hours, good compensation

Cons

No job security or guarantee of work, sometimes clients will affect your score for no good reason (for example, 4/5 stars instead of 5 just because they see 5 as reserved for no one)

Very beneficial when having an open schedule.

I love working with wag because I have an open schedule, I can take time off whenever I please without notice. I will say the job does not come with benefits or a balanced pay, it’s a good place to be for in between jobs.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No benefits

What is the best part of working at Wag!?Free time. You can watch dogs at home. Build a great clientele. What is the most stressful part about working at Wag!?Some are pretty far

I love dogs & that’s the only thing I like about this job

They take 40% which is crazy. We do all the job they don’t even give you any benefits. I’m a stay at home mom with high anxiety so that’s why I stick with Wag and now I’ve built customers that really love when I walk their baby so it’ll be hard to leave but I need to get something that pays more so I can help out my husband with this sinking economy 😩😩

Fun gig but inconsistent work/pay

Loved getting to spend time with sweet dogs and help out their human companions. Didn't like the low pay, inconsistent hours, and lack of support from those running the company.

Common questions about Wag!

Answered by current and former employees at Wag!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wag!. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits