Wag! Employee Reviews

You can work when you want and set your own hours.
Dog walker (Current Employee) –  Elmont, NYApril 11, 2018
I love working for Wag but the hours are long and the pay is low . 6 half hour walks takes about 8 hours . It takes about 30 minutes to get to each walk within a mile radius .
Pros
You get to work with awesome canines
Cons
Each walk is at least a mile and you get very hungry .
fun and flexible work place
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 11, 2018
I continue to love it. It has truly been an amazing experience to work here and to be around a great community that I adore. I learned so much and continue to learn more each and every day.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Can be Inconsistent
Probably would have been better if I lived in a different city
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSApril 10, 2018
I signed up to walk for wag and didn't see a single walker request in my area until three months later. By that time I had already removed the app and was working elsewhere. Since then I still occasionally receive a text from wag requesting a walker but it's unfortunately very infrequent. I'm sure if I lived in a different area it might have been more worth it, but as it stands I paid a $30 starter fee for nothing.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
dependant on where you live
Great company that takes care of its employees
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Hollywood, CAApril 9, 2018
Wag is a company that truly cares about dogs and their owners/walkers. We help connect the owner and their dog with the best walker. The team in the headquarters works hard to make things run smoothly. The only bad part of the job is the parking.
Pros
catered lunch everyday, cross training
Cons
traffic and parking
I’m a walker
Walker (Current Employee) –  Gulf shores/ PensacolaApril 6, 2018
I recently retired from a corporate job, I was just looking for something flexible to do for some exercise and fun cash. There are ways to make more money with wag I have not put flyers out yet as I am not ready for more walks! (Too busy with new house) but I have a couple regular walks that request me, if they do that you have 2 hours to accept! Some ways to get to this point is to submit a great report card with pictures! Also do something extra like fill water bowls and clean up piddle pads if they have them. And let the owner know you did this in your report card. It is not a live on job, it is just a little extra! I have been lucky to pick up a couple regulars that are near by and usually make $100-$120 per week. My customers tip well!
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Sometimes hard to find new walks, can’t reach office when you need help
Unorganized, unprofessional, underpaid
Lead of Customer Service Department (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAApril 2, 2018
You get screamed at all day by walkers because the company does not care to fix the app or the system. Company rotates through leaders because no one stays and it is a very stressful environment. The receptionist gets paid more than the leaders and managers of the customer service department. There are no pay scales or even distribution of work, people training agents with a year of experience are getting the same amount as starting reps. Company has no organization and poor enforcement of rules, not to mention the lack of communication. You will be underpaid and over worked.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor management, unequal work distribution, unfair pair among departments
Fun and Relaxed
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 31, 2018
It is a thing to do on the side, you can pick and choose when you want to work.
It is not something you could live off of unless you're traveling
It is very fun and you can walk where every you'd like but they need to expand a little bit more, I find myself getting al\ot of requests from far away.
Pros
Work when you'd like
Cons
Not a career
Fun ans flexible workplace
Dog walker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 29, 2018
You get to interact with new people and their doggy pets all the time. You get attached to the pups and become friends with the owners. You get paid by doing what you love best, being with dogs!
Pros
Flexible schedule, choose what dogs to walk, choose hours.
Cons
Not a lot of walks
Wag keeps 60% of your money!
Walker (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 29, 2018
Waste of time and gas. Had bad and scary experiences with pit bulls. You have no idea the kind of dogs or personality type of your dog walk. Most of the time wag customer service sucks and the owner don't pick up the phone so you are pretty much waiting outside in the sun or cold if you can't get in the house. Good luck.
Pros
Cons
Low pay
Unfair Pay and Extremely Difficult to Book Any Walks
Wag! Walker (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas Valley, NVMarch 23, 2018
In the several months that I was a walker through Wag!, I requested different walks that came up throughout my area at least 5 to 10 times per day. Of all these requests, I was only given TWO walks. Every other walk that I requested was denied and given to another walker who had more walks logged than I did. The company makes it extremely difficult for new walkers to get their business off the ground. What's more, they take a large amount of the money you make. For example, one of my walks was supposed to be 30 minutes for $18 plus a tip. The app not only took the tip, but also took $6, leaving me with a payout of only $12. Definitely not worth the time or effort.
Revolves around your availability
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 23, 2018
Wag! is basically Uber for dogs (and sometimes cats). You get to choose when you work by picking up walks/sittings/boardings that work best for your schedule. Stressfulness depends on the animal itself, some are obviously more behaved and outgoing than others. I don't expect anyone who hates animals to want to do this job so the most enjoyable part of the job would be spending it with them. The hardest part of the job would be just little things that go wrong such as not being able to get the dog on the leash or not wanting to go for a walk. Usually everything goes very smoothly though it's a very enjoyable job.
Pros
Dogs
Its a cool job but
Dog Walker/ Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 22, 2018
In my opinion I don't think the company is run well. In case of an emergency or mix up getting through to 'headquarters" isn't easy. There isn't a "home base" area either. Its all over the phone or internet. Which is cool because you don't actually deal with a boss or supervisor you are your own boss and supervisor and in control of your own hours and days of work. I definitely think they could pay their employees more for walks. As a dog walker we really don't see nearly the amount that is given that they do for the company. I also think they should be able to set up better short term and long term walk schedules. I definitely think this would be great for a lot of people who want to get the opportunity to work with animals but there are a lot of things, in my opinion that get in the way of being able to make more money and progress in this company. Is working for Wag completely terrible? No but they can definitely improve on so many different things. Is working for Wag the best? I don't think it is either.
Absolutely horrendous
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 21, 2018
I worry about the pets out there with this app, they don’t care about them at all.
As a dog walk they expect you to work for 10 dollars and hour and that includes tip!!! How is this possible? And you can’t even get jobs. They are always booked.

How do people allow random strangers to walk in their house and take their dog?

This app is not helping animals is doing a deservice to them.
Pros
The pups
Cons
Not care about the animals
Customer Service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMarch 21, 2018
I really love the atmosphere that Wag! provides. Everyone is really approachable and kind. It can sometimes get stressful but that also makes things really exciting.
Pros
Lunch, Office Dogs
Open-minded
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  FloridaMarch 20, 2018
The major issue to contend with for working with Wag is that you become an independent contractor. Most people are looking for a secure job. I am sick and tired of working on a time clock for " the man". I'll walk dogs any day and fight the competition to get the walk because it gives me freedom and flexibility. I enjoy setting my own schedule and choosing my own path.
Pros
Freedom and flexibility. No time clock no boss
Cons
You have to have talent and skill and a Competitive Edge to fight for what you want
would not reccommend
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAMarch 19, 2018
nepotism, unprofessional, poor management- employees pay 15$ a day for parking or park up to a mile away. Witnessed drug and alcohol use on premises of business during business hours
Control of your own schedule
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 18, 2018
It is nice to have control of your own schedule. It can be very stressful at times and wag! service is not the best when you need something. Dogs can be mean and uncooperative, but also nice.
fun work
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2018
if you enjoy the company of dogs and being around them then you'll like this job, you can make your own schedule and work as little or as much as you'd like to
excelent
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 16, 2018
Easy to apply and a very good app, nice and fast way to make extra money.
Can't even get a walk?
Walker (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARMarch 16, 2018
Before I went through the entire process of becoming a walker with Wag!, I was unaware that I would get zero walks. Literally not a single person wants their dog walked in my area for the next three months. I paid the $25 fee and the way it's looking now, I will never be able to make that back. It would have been cool if I could have like looked at the app first or something to see if this job would even be necessary.
Pros
idk yet
Cons
no walks