Wag! Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Horrible
Dog walker (Current Employee) –  MichiganJuly 14, 2018
Don’t waste your money. It’s nad enough that you pay to work here but then never receive your uniform or dog bandana and you can’t ever get ahold of customer service. Also- just because you are approved to walk dogs doesn’t mean there are ANY clients in your area. I drive all over the city trying to find walks and there are none available!
Pros
Cons
All of it
Excellent contract job if you love animals
Pet Associate (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2018
I love working for WAG! and my canine clients. It has a very flexible schedule since you make your own and you get paid every week on time. The customer service is excellent as well.
Pros
flexible scedule
Cons
sometimes not enough work
Wag! is an on demand dog walking service and is perfect for those who love dogs
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAJuly 11, 2018
As an independent contractor for Wag! I can control the hours that I work in a day. There are plenty of walks that I can choose in my area. For me, the job is rewarding because I get to walk and play with as many great pups as I'd like. It's great as a side job, but can also be fulfilling as a full time job.
Pros
Be your own boss and work any schedule you'd like
Terrible management, and no chance for growth.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJuly 11, 2018
Wag! Is constantly changing and growing as a startup. Every day there is a new rule to learn and millions of forms to remember and fill out, constantly new systems and training, one thing is never set in stone for long. I have seen so many new people come and go with a large turn around rate. Management is awful, emails go un-returned and unread. HR is a joke, if you email them they will just transfer you to another email without answering any of your questions, the same goes for the scheduling department. Managers refuse to take management calls and leave the underpaid CS representatives to take them. Some representatives are working and some are just on the internet and their cell phones leaving some being paid for doing nothing while others actually work. I have actually seen managers watching tv and movies on their phones and coming in late without being reprimanded because of their titles. The hardest working people are the CS representatives who are the least paid and the most over worked, if you ask to take a 10 minute break you will most likely get a dirty look from a lead and you’re lucky if they say yes. They also claim free lunch is a benefit but when there isn’t enough for everyone they turn around and say that it’s a privilege not a benefit and that they don’t have to give us lunch. Management doesn’t return emails or personal messages but will send out mass emails if mistakes are being made or if there is something they want changed. It’s just a nightmare, they can fire you at any time without any reason, and only manager favorites move up here. If you want to  more... be under-paid, never move up, and be constantly hounded about your work without ever being helped by management or HR this is a job for you.  less
Pros
Sometimes there is free lunch.
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, poor HR
Fun to work with dogs!
Walker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
The only problem is trying to get ahold of wag they never answer even in emergency cases. The dogs are the best part about the job as you get to bond with them and gain experience with animals!
Wag is great
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 10, 2018
I get to make my own hours and work when I want. I get to work with some great dogs and I have a blast on my walks with them. It's fun to meet different types of dogs with different personalities and create a relationship with them.
Their advertisement is false
Contractor (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 10, 2018
You will not be making anywhere close to 30$ an hour. It's almost impossible to get that many walks in this area. They also take 60% of the fee owners pay for walks. You will almost never find a walk nearby that you won't have to drive 20 minutes away for. If your late to one walk you're late for every single one afterward, Oh and you're not allowed to show up early. You get a bad rating if you do and anything less than 5 stars you'll stop getting walks.
Horrible
Dog Walker & Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 9, 2018
Very cut-throat job. Goodluck finding an available walk any day during the week. half the time you'd click accept walk and within 1 second the walk was already taken....
Pros
Cons
No pay
I love wag
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 8, 2018
Wag is a very relaxed company to work for especially for struggling college students! You also get to spend time with loving animals at your convenience.
I was a on call Walker, and it wasn’t worth it, unless all of your walks were in the area.
Pet Sitter/Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 8, 2018
Wag walker and pet sitter. Honestly, the concept behind the app, and the idea itself is awesome. But, as a walker, I would sometimes drive 15+ miles for a walk... they charged 20$ for and only gave us 8, with optional tip... and it was rare you got a tip no matter how well you did. To put those kind of miles into your vehicle, not be compensated for the miles, and gas spent... it really wasn’t worth it. And still even the thought of you doing all of the work, only to get 25% of the pay was upsetting. I looked into starting my own buisness, with the same concept, and getting your own insurance isn’t NEARLY as much as wag is taking out. They didn’t give you your own uniforms, you had to buy them and they were quite pricey. I didn’t even receive my bonus from referring new customers. It was ALOT OF WORK with not a lot of pay. And very competitive, I would grab a notification the second it popped up, and it would tell me the walk has been given to someone else, it’s a first come first serve, and no matter HOW many times I tried to land a pet sitting opportunity, I would never get approved despite all of my 5 star reviews, referals, and invested time and money. They also suggested you buy a magnet for your car, but wouldn’t compensate promoting for them.
Pros
Flexible, On call
Cons
Not a really good compensation for your time. The miles and gas put in a car for 8$ per walk, was just not worth it.

Want to know more about Wag!?

Ask a question
Dogs are awesome...there's just not enough
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 5, 2018
I love being able to make great money for getting to spend time with dogs and puppies, however, there is a huge discrepancy between the amount of walkers and dogs. There are wayyyy more walkers, and by the time a notification sound goes off for a walk, the walk is booked. Walks are also located pretty far away in Beaverton and towards the Airport on the East side of the river in Portland. Owners and dogs are usually great. Literally the Uber of dog walking. You do get tipped better if you take the time to take good pictures and funny videos of the dogs and if you leave good narratives in the report cards. Its also worth it to pay the extra $5 and get the bandana and t-shirt because in 5 walks it pays for itself. Also, beware that with so many people signing up, the process is taking forever right now!!
Pros
cute dogs, great pay when you get work, being outside
Cons
rarely get work, driving can be annoying
Care for dogs, yea right!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Hollywood, CAJune 28, 2018
This company is the worse to work for. They claim to care about the pups that they are scheduled to walk or sit/board; this is very untrue. All they care about is the all mighty dollar and making in very difficult to work with the S#%%& application. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work with the immature management. They make decisions on the fly all the time and expect you to know these final decisions by researching it on their communication devices (slack).
Pros
Free lunch (for the folks that work mid-day)
Cons
Immature Management, lack of compassion for their teams, and communication
Best Job Ever!
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 18, 2018
Great flexibility - you choose when you want to work!
Pay is okay for the work you're doing (walking) as it is a ton of fun!
You get to know the dogs and their people in your community.
Lots of exercise for both you and the pups!
Pros
Great exercise, flexible schedule, autonomy
Cons
Can be slow depending on where you live
I would not recommend working for this company
Walker (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 17, 2018
This company does not stand by their walkers and is not concerned with their walker's safety. The walker services phone line is never answered right away (even in an emergency or time sensitive situation) and you are often put on hold for at lease 15 minutes and text messages often go unanswered. I would never recommend working for them or using their services. Walkers make 60% of what clients pay and Wag keeps 40%, even though the walkers are the ones doing most of the work.
Pros
good pay for amount of time
Cons
too many to count
Great company
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 15, 2018
I loved working for WAG only thing is there are a lot of other walkers so if you want a walk you have to be quick and on top of accepting them and occasionally the app won't work.
Easy fun place to work
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 14, 2018
Wag! is a very easy place to work, you create your own hours. if you love animals and have a flexible schedule then this is the perfect job for you. It is very nice to be able to accept jobs whenever you are free. The job pays pretty well to.
Pros
make your own hours
Cons
Slightly competitive
Good job for when I had time to work.
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 11, 2018
I loved walking the dogs. I could walk whenever I had time and when I wanted. Pretty easy to get walks but need to be quick when a notification shows.
Pros
Flexible.
I love dogs
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 11, 2018
Wag is pretty awesome. What's better than getting to walk dogs whenever you want, not to mention the amount of money you get for a half-hour time commitment...? The only issue currently is that I believe they're hiring too many people, so it's making the chances of booking available walks slim to none.
Pros
Completely flexible schedule, dogs, tips, good pay
Cons
Not a lot of walks, unreliable at times
A Start
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Knightdale, NCJune 10, 2018
WAG! Can give you an excellent start at learning new skills and how to care for an animals needs. I enjoyed the process and I liked the idea of setting my own schedule that I could base off of others.
Training was poor
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJune 8, 2018
It was difficult to understand once having a client wanting a walk because the person would not put all the information needed. To walk a dog in a popular area it was hard to get a walk it wasn't a fair pick.