Wag! Employee Reviews for Dog Walker

Not much pay per hour
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 19, 2019
They take a big cut from what you earn, and unless you live in a very busy area you will rarely score a walk. When you do it takes too long to get there, walk, then get back home to be worth the amount you’re paid.
A job that fits into your schedule
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 11, 2019
Wag! Is a great dog walking company. I enjoyed my time at wag. It was a fair job just you need to have a schedule for yourself and go to any distances to walk dogs.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Need rides and willing to get any job.
Very stress-free
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLApril 9, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with dogs, even if the task may be short term (walking the dog around). The hardest part of the job is picking up after them.
Okay place to work!
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAApril 8, 2019
Pretty good job for 18 teen year olds if you don't pay bills and just want money and love dogs and need exercise this is the job for you! But don't expect for the pay to be over the top!
Pros
Meeting new dogs
Cons
Low pay
If you love animals then this is a great place to work. Very relaxed, you are around dogs all day.
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Holiday, FLApril 8, 2019
I love everything about the company. I get to meet new dogs and people every day. You are pretty much your own boss and you get paid to work with dogs. It's an amazing opportunity that I feel fortunate enough to have found.
Pros
Own boss, Decent money, Dogs!
Fun place
Dog Walker and Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VAApril 7, 2019
I really enjoy my job i get a chance to meet new dogs and i pick my own hours its fun getting to knw the city while i walk dogs i must say i really like love it
Pros
Make ur own hours
Fun but too stressful
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 6, 2019
This isn't a full-time job. You won't get enough walks or money for them. My body couldn't handle all the exercise. I think people are great though and have a passion for animal care.
Good as a first time job
Dog Walker/Sitter (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAApril 6, 2019
I wouldn’t recommend as a full time job because do keep in mind you are competing with other walkers around your area and people tend to stick with those who have experience. Sometimes work is slow and not too many people ask for walks and that effects your pay. Great job to make a client list and teaches you responsibility. And not to mention that fact that who doesn’t like working with pets ?!?!
Pros
You are your own boss
Cons
Pay is sometimes bad
Honestly idk
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 3, 2019
Most days are good and some days you just wanna quit. It depends on what dogs you get. You never know what’s going to happen until you actually get to the house. Always read the other walkers notes before going to a walk, it might save you a lot of hassle and stress. I love doing the dog boardings and sittings they are more fun.
Pros
Pups, being outdoors, time to exercise, pick your own schedule
Cons
Expect the unexpected, rude owners, slow Wag Support
Play with dogs!
Dog Walker and Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 2, 2019
I love animals and its great gig type work if its convenient for you. They don't pay as much as most people earn for this work which is kind of lame. But if you just need to make some money or have some free time and love dogs its great.
Pros
dogs
Cons
low pay, inconvenient
Good temp income and you choose your own hours
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 26, 2019
You do a lot of driving, but you can make your own schedule and work as much or as little as you want. Wag takes 40% of the walk cost, whereas Rover only takes 20%, but you can make alright money you just have to bust your butt. You gotta be in a good city that has a lot of pet owners In close proximity so it isn’t possible to make enough money to survive on in a lot of places. Austin TX has been lucrative.
Pros
Choose your own hours, choose the dogs you walk, make as much as you can, get to meet lots of dogs, good exercise
Cons
It’s exhausting and physically wears you down, it’s comoetitive, owners can be a pain about menial details, the cut wag! takes is high
It’s Fun!
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  East Point, GAMarch 23, 2019
You are your own boss. Work when you want. If you have any problems, the management always respond back to you in a timely manner & who doesn’t love dogs!!?? You get to meet all kinds & you get to book your days ahead of time
Pros
Your own boss
Good Part Time Job
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 20, 2019
This was a great job for me to take when I was in college because I could pick and choose my own hours. It's not a job where they require you to work a certain number of hours a week or anything. You could go weeks without going on a walk and they would be fine with it.
This is not a job that someone should have if they have bills to pay and whatnot, given most walks are only 12 bucks-- 13 including the bandanna and shirt bonus-- and a few bucks extra if the dog owner tips you. I've made two thousand dollars from it though.
Pros
You pick your hours, you get to spend time with a lot of dogs, don't have to interact with too many people
Cons
self employed taxes at the end of the year, depending on where you live you might not be able to pick up a lot of walks, inconsistent
slavery
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  Orange County, CAMarch 18, 2019
low pay and hours of long walks.
Sometimes the client would not be honest by the breed picture on the profile.
Had to communicate through text with wag support which was too much time consuming
Pros
meeting the dog
Cons
wrong info about the breed and age
Work when you want
Independent Contractor/Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 28, 2019
Highly competitive in population dense areas. Not enough demand for walks compared to the amount of walkers that are employed. Getting to walk clients dog is great exercise and therapeutic.
Pros
make own hours, fun experience
Cons
Wag takes 40% of pay, highly competitive
Fun job during free time
Dog Walker (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 25, 2019
If you love dogs, you'll love this job. The job is very unpredictable in a sense, especially when meeting a dog for the first time and maybe being in a neighborhood you've never been to before. However, if you continuously choose to walk the same dogs, it will become a breeze.
If you love dogs
Dog Walker (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 23, 2019
I love working for Wag. Unfortunately they don't operate out of my new location. I you love dogs and are very patient then you will find it really rewarding. There is not much opportunity for advancement but this is not typically a job where you would expect that.
Pros
flexibility, dogs
Cons
customer service wait times, difficult customers
job at your convenience
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 22, 2019
Walking dogs for Wag! is a great way to make extra money. The app is easy to use and clients tend to be understanding. The only issue I've had is with Wag! customer service never getting back to clients, so I have to contact them directly and even then sometimes help is scarce.
Fun and Flexible work place
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 20, 2019
I walk dogs for owners in the New York Area. I also dog sit when they need me to as well. I love working for wag because I love walking dogs and its super easy/ laid back
Great Side Job
Dog Walker/Pet Sitter (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CAFebruary 16, 2019
If you live dogs, do it. By far the most rewarding job I ever had. The pay I decent in the SF Area. I do it for the dogs. Not the money. Their customer service line needs an improvement. They never pick up and slow to call you back.
Pros
Work with dogs, decent pay
Cons
Customer service response

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wag!. Our community is ready to answer.