WageWorks Employee Reviews

Unproductive
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2018
Working for Wageworks is fast-pace and demanding. Work schedule changes every month. Advancement is little to none. Mandatory overtime given when you have other obligations after your shift .
Cons
changing work schedule every month
Not a great place to work
Data Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 13, 2018
Poor management in a stressful environment with no recognition for contributions. Overall not a very encouraging place to work, but the pay was decent.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management, culture, favortism
WageWorks bought the public sector division of our benefits management company. 180 employees were included in the deal.
Proposal Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2018
While the sale was being negotiated, WageWorks personnel were professional and friendly and seemed receptive to learning how we earned and retained so much public sector business. Within a year after the sale was finalized however, many departments of the purchased company were dismantled, reorganized or abolished to the great detriment of our clients. Final authority for the Proposal Team now came from nearly 3,000 miles away and was completely out of touch with how to attract, serve and retain public sector clients. Because of WageWorks' inflexibility in accommodating the customized needs of state, school board and municipal prospects and clients, new sales and renewal business plunged and to my knowledge, never recovered.
Pros
Successful with private sector
Cons
Dismal with public sector
Medium paced call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Handles healthcare flexible spending, health savings accounts and commuter accounts. Assist members on inquiries about eligible expenses and card discrepancies. You
Pros
Hour lunches, great pay and mandatory overtime
Cons
its a call center its busy during the holidays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
if you understand how flex benefits work then you will know how hectic your life can be during the holidays then imagine handling the complaints of most of the countries flex benefits plus more! That's WageWorks
good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2018
good job i would recommend this job to anyone who is in the medical field if you are not knowledgeable about the medical field then dont apply its a good start job
Pros
good job
Cons
bad management
Productive, fun team building events
Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2018
Every quarter there are team building events. Ability to leave early when not during open enrollment. Contests and potlucks. Open door policy to speak with management
Pros
Good benefits
Over look constant hard workers
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 22, 2018
I am ready for the next level to take on my responsiblities but I feel I am being over looked. I think its a good company to work for however the company is sort of old school with allowing the employees to work from home in bad weather conditions.
Pros
Casual day Friday
Cons
Cant work from Home at all
Children of the Corn !!!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 15, 2018
This place is a complete joke! It's actually a cult ! There would be consequences; if you don't fit in their special groups. They don't take their employees and/or customers serious! Customers can say what they want to! Plus management also; because they're all friends; and family! They work together and get off from work and with one another. You can have a situation with one person today; and the next day; you have problems with everyone. I would never refer anyone to work for that circus. Then they have a nerve; to make you sign waiver ; to say nothing negative about their company ! Need I say more ????
Pros
Employment
Cons
So many; I can write a book
RUN, don't walk away from this place!!!
Data Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here unless your desperate for a job. You never know if you'll have a job day to day here. They're constantly letting people go out of nowhere with no explanation. Most of the workers have been there less than 5 years. There's no room for advancement as they don't promote anymore. You have to apply for a higher position job only to get told "there's a contrator position open, not a permanent position". If you like to laugh, this place is a joke.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Micro-managers, Layoffs every year
Was an ok environment for work, the Management was nit picky, and very in your face.
DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 6, 2018
My time here was ok, but management was nit picky on everything, and very in your face. They offered advancement to those that took less responsibilities and work, as they had an easier time making deadlines. This should not be how you let people advance in your company, it doesn't promote working hard for advancement.

Not very well to listening to their employees in the IT department anyways in the Mequon campus (now to be Milwaukee). A lot of the employees are great to work with, and it was an OK time for that.
Pros
Benefits, Vacation Pay
Cons
Management in IT, work hours, will work you way past 40 hour weeks.
Horrible
Customer Service Representative II (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 2, 2018
Only good thing about this place is you get weekends off. The job is to stressful for the pay. There are other jobs that will pay $3 more for what I do.
Very productive environment
Account Manager- COBRA/Direct Bill (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 11, 2018
This employer is always offering additional training to current employees. WageWorks is a public company that has a lot of positions to offer. This company also offers advancement opportunities.
Pros
Off weekends
Cons
High Turnover
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company and training was extensive. After training you need to utilize skills from prior admin/office and/or excellent customer service. Great pay and work culture.
Needs Improvement
Outbound Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 28, 2018
WW is currently revamping themselves which is long over due. The compensation for most are great. Training is non existence, and trying to receive guidance is like pulling teeth at times. Your patience is really tested. Other than the hiccups with training and knowing how to perform your job properly. The company can be a fun experience. The have you participate in lots of activities and flexibility in schedules. Hopefully with the changes occurring it will make this company a better fit overall.
Pros
compensation, activities, flexible schedules
Cons
Training
Decent
Corporate Accounting (Current Employee) –  San Mateo, CAJune 27, 2018
Great colleagues. Very friendly environment.

HR & Management tries hard to continuously improve work culture.

Remote employees have too much sense of entitlement. Some feel company should work around their own personal at-home schedule so most of the work falls on the onsite employees.
Great place to work and grow your skills
Sr. Manager, production support (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJune 7, 2018
In a typical day at work I would assign tickets to my team, work some of the most difficult tickets, and help my team members when they have questions. I also conducted a lot of meetings, and participated in a lot of meetings. While I was at WageWorks, I learned a lot of SQL, and how to build enterprise level applications. The management at WageWorks is top notch and very professional. The hardest part of the job would be firing people. Fortunately I only had to fire one person, but he was not one of my hires. The most enjoyable part of my job was the technical aspects. I love writing code.
Pros
15 days of PTO per year, Free tea, plenty of resources
Cons
No parking garage
This company has ALOT of growing up to do...
Manager (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 30, 2018
Read the news. This company appears to be going nowhere fast. Leadership is lacking. Benefits are average. Employment is tenuous, depending on company financials. Buyer beware.
Excellent and fun environment except room temp was 66 degrees - very cold.
Clearpath WM, Fulfillment Operator 1 (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMay 11, 2018
It was a great place to work. This is the 5th time to write something in here. It was a contract position - the Manager was supportive, the Leads were helpful. I would go back to work there in an instant.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Temperature was so cold
Excellent Atmosphere with some Dwindling Management
Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSMay 11, 2018
I loved working for WageWorks, and they are an excellent company as a whole. I know things have changed already, but management needed some better direction at the time. Everything else was excellent!
Pros
Great benefits, Team effort, work hard play hard
Cons
Management was a bit conflicting at times

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WageWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight