WageWorks Employee Reviews

Team Environment
Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 3, 2019
Team collaboration strongly encouraged. Not all decisions are clear and one must remain flexible and changing directions as needed.

Office politics is about the same everywhere you go
Not much to say
NA (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 22, 2019
Typical day at work 10 - 14 hours
Hardest part of the job - is the lack of policy lack of security lack of separation of duties, privacy compliance,
Lack of leadership support, chaotic environment, poor infrastructure due to leadership.
Pros
some great people
Cons
a lot of improvements needed throughout.
Great place to work, and the leadership cares about the employees
Customer Service/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 28, 2019
Wageworks did everything they could to accommodate me in my scheduling, work preferences, and skill sets. As I would come from a coaching session with my supervisor, I would leave the meeting knowing all the areas where I can improve my performance. So much that I was hitting all my pay for performance metrics which qualified me for bonuses! I believe in the company, the products they offer, and the leadership they've hired. A great place to work Five stars.
Pros
always feeding us, and overtime offered almost weekly
Cons
they hire seasonally, I would still be there if I wasn't seasonal.
Lots of Friendly Workers
Sr Billings Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZJanuary 18, 2019
Friendly atmosphere with lots of friendly workers happy to help each other. Serves a lot of people in their business endeavors. Open work area. A lot of activities to lighten the work load.
I sat at a desk and answered the phone
Call Center Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIDecember 10, 2018
I assisted clients with flex benefits regarding health reimbursement
accts for medical , dental, and travel. I enjoyed helping people sign up for benefits. I learned a lot about HSA accts and Flex benefits.
that are offered thru employers.
Pros
Lots of time of allowed.
Cons
Sometimes I would have to create a case and have to wait for an answer from a supervisor.
Laid back
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2018
I work as a contractor, but its very chill. I'm left alone to complete work. Free coffee, tea, cups, plates, plastic silverware offered in break rooms in Irving. Small convenience store for purchase which is cool. Doesn't seem like a bad place to work
Pros
Free coffee, tea, cups, plates, plastic silverware offered in break rooms
Cons
Rude employees
remote
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 2, 2018
Working from home is a plus. The schedule was flexible. I was satisfied. I don't have many complaints about this job. My company was acquired by WageWorks.
Great workers handicapped by professional immaturity from leadership ranks
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2018
VP has worked there for about 20 years. Has no knowledge of industry best practices. You never heard from her or the CIO. No company vision, no strategy. No support of automation or innovation. Women whose salary I had access to made less than their less-experienced, male counterparts.
Pros
Good, hard working people at the bottom of the Org Chart.
Cons
Lack of leadership and structure from Management.
Too long ago to remember specifics
Assistant to Account Manager - temp (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 14, 2018
I worked there through a temp agency assisting an account manager. For the most part it was good work with a variety of duties. It was sad though because it was a COBRA management company so every time you had to send out mass-mailings you knew that a lot of people had just lost their jobs.
WageWorks
Manager, Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 11, 2018
I was with the company for a long time, it was a good place to work. Best advice I could give, is to be patient and be willing to go with the flow there. If you're not good with change this is not the place for you.
fun around holidays and good pay
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2018
it was fast paced and there are times where its relaxed so in that time they do team huddles to go over new process. managemnt was fair and the hardest part would be the retirees or the long hours
Nope
Sales Contract Administrator - Contract (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 29, 2018
I was an contract employee. I worked there for 3 years and was unsuccessful on getting hired as a full time employee. There is not great training. I feel some of the mangers don't even know what they are doing.
Experience working at WageWorks
COBRA Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2018
I use to love my job until I realized that my job wants us to put our work first and family at the bottom of the list. WageWorks does not consider our family life when it comes to our schedules. For instance, my son made the swim team so I asked if my schedule can be adjusted to start 15/30 min earlier than my current schedule so that I can get off 15/30 min early to take my son to his swimming practice and meets. I was told I can’t change my schedule due to business needs. Recently my husband and I separated, so I asked to change my schedule so that I can tend to my son since I no longer have the help from his dad. My request was declined due to business needs. These are just 2 of many requests I’ve made because of personal/family issues but was declined all because its a conflict to business needs.
Positive and friendly
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2018
While working in AP, the work was mundane, and the employees were mostly older making the culture feel too rigid. I appreciated that I seldom felt micromanaged. I do however feel, that I was not trained sufficiently before beginning my work.
Relationship Manager
Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2018
Contacting clients and answering questions about benefits. This consists of meetings with clients to ensure they understand how to use the Employer portal.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Way too many hours
Unproductive
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2018
Working for Wageworks is fast-pace and demanding. Work schedule changes every month. Advancement is little to none. Mandatory overtime given when you have other obligations after your shift .
Cons
changing work schedule every month
Not a great place to work
Data Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 13, 2018
Poor management in a stressful environment with no recognition for contributions. Overall not a very encouraging place to work, but the pay was decent.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management, culture, favortism
WageWorks bought the public sector division of our benefits management company. 180 employees were included in the deal.
Proposal Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2018
While the sale was being negotiated, WageWorks personnel were professional and friendly and seemed receptive to learning how we earned and retained so much public sector business. Within a year after the sale was finalized however, many departments of the purchased company were dismantled, reorganized or abolished to the great detriment of our clients. Final authority for the Proposal Team now came from nearly 3,000 miles away and was completely out of touch with how to attract, serve and retain public sector clients. Because of WageWorks' inflexibility in accommodating the customized needs of state, school board and municipal prospects and clients, new sales and renewal business plunged and to my knowledge, never recovered.
Pros
Successful with private sector
Cons
Dismal with public sector
Medium paced call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Handles healthcare flexible spending, health savings accounts and commuter accounts. Assist members on inquiries about eligible expenses and card discrepancies. You
Pros
Hour lunches, great pay and mandatory overtime
Cons
its a call center its busy during the holidays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
if you understand how flex benefits work then you will know how hectic your life can be during the holidays then imagine handling the complaints of most of the countries flex benefits plus more! That's WageWorks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WageWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.4Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight