WageWorks Employee Reviews

Laid back
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXDecember 5, 2018
I work as a contractor, but its very chill. I'm left alone to complete work. Free coffee, tea, cups, plates, plastic silverware offered in break rooms in Irving. Small convenience store for purchase which is cool. Doesn't seem like a bad place to work
Pros
Free coffee, tea, cups, plates, plastic silverware offered in break rooms
Cons
Rude employees
remote
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Newton, MADecember 2, 2018
Working from home is a plus. The schedule was flexible. I was satisfied. I don't have many complaints about this job. My company was acquired by WageWorks.
Great workers handicapped by professional immaturity from leadership ranks
IT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2018
VP has worked there for about 20 years. Has no knowledge of industry best practices. You never heard from her or the CIO. No company vision, no strategy. No support of automation or innovation. Women whose salary I had access to made less than their less-experienced, male counterparts.
Pros
Good, hard working people at the bottom of the Org Chart.
Cons
Lack of leadership and structure from Management.
Too long ago to remember specifics
Assistant to Account Manager - temp (Former Employee) –  Lombard, ILNovember 14, 2018
I worked there through a temp agency assisting an account manager. For the most part it was good work with a variety of duties. It was sad though because it was a COBRA management company so every time you had to send out mass-mailings you knew that a lot of people had just lost their jobs.
WageWorks
Manager, Learning & Development (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 11, 2018
I was with the company for a long time, it was a good place to work. Best advice I could give, is to be patient and be willing to go with the flow there. If you're not good with change this is not the place for you.
fun around holidays and good pay
Subject Matter Expert (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 10, 2018
it was fast paced and there are times where its relaxed so in that time they do team huddles to go over new process. managemnt was fair and the hardest part would be the retirees or the long hours
Nope
Sales Contract Administrator - Contract (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 29, 2018
I was an contract employee. I worked there for 3 years and was unsuccessful on getting hired as a full time employee. There is not great training. I feel some of the mangers don't even know what they are doing.
Experience working at WageWorks
COBRA Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 29, 2018
I use to love my job until I realized that my job wants us to put our work first and family at the bottom of the list. WageWorks does not consider our family life when it comes to our schedules. For instance, my son made the swim team so I asked if my schedule can be adjusted to start 15/30 min earlier than my current schedule so that I can get off 15/30 min early to take my son to his swimming practice and meets. I was told I can’t change my schedule due to business needs. Recently my husband and I separated, so I asked to change my schedule so that I can tend to my son since I no longer have the help from his dad. My request was declined due to business needs. These are just 2 of many requests I’ve made because of personal/family issues but was declined all because its a conflict to business needs.
Positive and friendly
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 25, 2018
While working in AP, the work was mundane, and the employees were mostly older making the culture feel too rigid. I appreciated that I seldom felt micromanaged. I do however feel, that I was not trained sufficiently before beginning my work.
Relationship Manager
Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZOctober 22, 2018
Contacting clients and answering questions about benefits. This consists of meetings with clients to ensure they understand how to use the Employer portal.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Way too many hours
Unproductive
Benefits Counselor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 11, 2018
Working for Wageworks is fast-pace and demanding. Work schedule changes every month. Advancement is little to none. Mandatory overtime given when you have other obligations after your shift .
Cons
changing work schedule every month
Not a great place to work
Data Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WISeptember 13, 2018
Poor management in a stressful environment with no recognition for contributions. Overall not a very encouraging place to work, but the pay was decent.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
management, culture, favortism
WageWorks bought the public sector division of our benefits management company. 180 employees were included in the deal.
Proposal Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2018
While the sale was being negotiated, WageWorks personnel were professional and friendly and seemed receptive to learning how we earned and retained so much public sector business. Within a year after the sale was finalized however, many departments of the purchased company were dismantled, reorganized or abolished to the great detriment of our clients. Final authority for the Proposal Team now came from nearly 3,000 miles away and was completely out of touch with how to attract, serve and retain public sector clients. Because of WageWorks' inflexibility in accommodating the customized needs of state, school board and municipal prospects and clients, new sales and renewal business plunged and to my knowledge, never recovered.
Pros
Successful with private sector
Cons
Dismal with public sector
Medium paced call center.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 11, 2018
Handles healthcare flexible spending, health savings accounts and commuter accounts. Assist members on inquiries about eligible expenses and card discrepancies. You
Pros
Hour lunches, great pay and mandatory overtime
Cons
its a call center its busy during the holidays
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 4, 2018
if you understand how flex benefits work then you will know how hectic your life can be during the holidays then imagine handling the complaints of most of the countries flex benefits plus more! That's WageWorks
good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 3, 2018
good job i would recommend this job to anyone who is in the medical field if you are not knowledgeable about the medical field then dont apply its a good start job
Pros
good job
Cons
bad management
Productive, fun team building events
Account Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 28, 2018
Every quarter there are team building events. Ability to leave early when not during open enrollment. Contests and potlucks. Open door policy to speak with management
Pros
Good benefits
Over look constant hard workers
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 22, 2018
I am ready for the next level to take on my responsiblities but I feel I am being over looked. I think its a good company to work for however the company is sort of old school with allowing the employees to work from home in bad weather conditions.
Pros
Casual day Friday
Cons
Cant work from Home at all
Children of the Corn !!!
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mequon, WIAugust 15, 2018
This place is a complete joke! It's actually a cult ! There would be consequences; if you don't fit in their special groups. They don't take their employees and/or customers serious! Customers can say what they want to! Plus management also; because they're all friends; and family! They work together and get off from work and with one another. You can have a situation with one person today; and the next day; you have problems with everyone. I would never refer anyone to work for that circus. Then they have a nerve; to make you sign waiver ; to say nothing negative about their company ! Need I say more ????
Pros
Employment
Cons
So many; I can write a book
RUN, don't walk away from this place!!!
Data Integration Engineer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 9, 2018
I wouldn't recommend working here unless your desperate for a job. You never know if you'll have a job day to day here. They're constantly letting people go out of nowhere with no explanation. Most of the workers have been there less than 5 years. There's no room for advancement as they don't promote anymore. You have to apply for a higher position job only to get told "there's a contrator position open, not a permanent position". If you like to laugh, this place is a joke.
Pros
Co-workers are nice
Cons
Micro-managers, Layoffs every year

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WageWorks. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

4.0Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight