Wagner College Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Meaningless job title
Donor Relations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 4, 2018
The job title does not reflect what you do, nor does it remotely match up with what is expected of true donor relations personnel in the nonprofit sector, thus stagnating your career growth/experience. It is a glorified administrative assistant position utilized by 2 to 3 managers.
Repetive work
Bakery Associate (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 22, 2018
Enjoyable part of my job was actually getting to communicate with the students and making desserts i like. It was always a problem if i had a good idea
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Small campus
Employee (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 15, 2018
The campus is beautiful but needs work. The salaries are low but the benefits are average. Technology is lacking behind other colleges. Very active participant in the local community.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
low pay
Good place to learn a variety of skills
Housing Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 11, 2017
Wagner College provided me the opportunity to learn and perform a variety of tasks I wouldn't have had the opportunity to have done at a larger institution. If you enjoy wearing a bunch of different hats then this is a good place for you.
Pros
Opportunities, Location, Support
Cons
Salary, Understaffed
Wagner is a Friendly place
Women's Head Fencing Coach (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 30, 2017
People are very nice and willing to work with you. The campus and location are very good. Gives you encouragement to come into work every day and make improvements on your specific program.
Productive and friendly work environment
Graduate Assistant, Business Administration Office (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 19, 2017
I believe Wagner is a great start for my career. I got to see and work with a lot of different departments. It was interesting to see how they all operate.
Pros
80% tuition
Student
Dean of Campus Life Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 13, 2017
I did not work for the college, I was only a student. I do recommend if looking for a small campus. The professors are willing to help and have open office hours.
Wagner is nice
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYAugust 11, 2017
Wagner is a small liberal arts college in NYC. I formed wonderful relationships with both the faculty and students. Staten Island can be a fun place to live, as long as you are willing to be outgoing and take advantage of the vicinity to Manhattan.
Good for students
Conference Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 11, 2017
Nice job for students living at school over the summer. Supervisors are nice. Pay could be better. Meals are not provided. Similar to a hotel maid or cleaning person.
Pros
Close by
Cons
Minimum wage
Easy & Great option for students
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 9, 2017
If you are a student at Wagner it is a great idea to work for them. They are always looking to hire students and it also helps strengthen the community.
Good enviorment
Gym Desk Attendant and Game Staff Worker (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 28, 2017
I enjoy working at Wagner College, it is a very positive and enjoyable place to work. I am a student-athlete, and my bosses are very conscientious of my schedule. They try to accomodate all student athletes and their working schedules to the best of their abilities.
Pros
Great Bosses
Admissions Counselor at Wagner College
Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 24, 2017
It is a one year transitional or thirty year kind of job. Very flexible and the work doesn't get very monotonous with various seasons. You will travel heavily in the fall, read apps in the winter and light travel throughout the spring.
Pros
Travel, food budget on travel, GREAT time off.
Cons
If you aren't passionate about the work then you may feel meaningless, and feel as though you aren't using your brain enough.
Great Place for Opportunity and Growth
Director of Football Operations (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYOctober 30, 2016
Wagner provides great opportunities after graduation to pursue further education while learning and growing through the workplace. Manhattan is just a ferry ride across the water, providing proximity to even further opportunities for interships and jobs after graduating.
College internship
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJuly 20, 2016
This position was for a graduate school internship. Wagner college is a great college that works with their students for great job placement.
Fun job
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMay 5, 2016
Working at Wagner while being is a student is a great opportunity. You are able to make money doing a fun job while going to school. I recommend having a student worker job at Wagner.
Pros
can get school work done while working
Cons
Good job and great campus
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYSeptember 17, 2015
Experience here was great. The campus is beautiful and the work was good. The people at tech support are great people and great to work with.
Great educational facility with wide options for business majors
Peer Tutor in Accounting (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 22, 2015
Wagner College is a great institute even though it has its disadvantages since it is so small. However due to the location of the campus being so close to the city it is a great place for business majors such as myself.
Great learning experience
Assistant Resident Director (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYMarch 20, 2015
A typical day of work at Wagner College for myself includes overseeing the facilities and operations of a residence hall on campus as well as supervising 80 student desk attendants who provide security to each residence hall. Over the course of my 2 years here I learned that many things never go as planned and being able to adapt is an essential quality to have. I have a very supportive group of co-workers that are determined to work hard and provide for the students on campus. The hardest part of the job is serving in an On-Call rotation for emergencies. You may get a call at any hour during the day and you have to respond and think quickly about what to do. The most enjoyable part of this job is being able to interact with students and professional staff of the college and working together as a team.
plumber/maintenance (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJanuary 30, 2015
Fun work place and great management team. Hands on paid training my job was to keep the facility clean and safe for the students. Any repairs that had to be done were done right away.
fast pace work place,long hours on feet ,hot environment and repetitive work
SHORT ORDER COOK/GRILL COOK (Former Employee) –  Staten Island NYOctober 13, 2014
This job consisted of setting up for lunch, gathering cooking utensils and gathering food for the day restocking stations turning grill and flap top on cooked and ready to go foods. wait for orders to come in to prepare foods. Maintain clean stations and constantly washing and changing gloves. You'll have to stand for long periods of time, the environment is hot and you end up doing repetitive work.