Wagner Equipment Co. Employee Reviews

Durango store
Journeyman technician (Former Employee) –  Durango, CONovember 19, 2018
Management and shop lead in Durango don't want to be questioned. When we have , they've retaliated, creating a hostile working environment. I have worked at several other Wagner locations that were run much better.
Benefits
Cons
Durango store management
Slow paced environment, good benefits, pay was not competitive
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 21, 2018
Job was not very mentally challenging. You performed a lot of the same type of jobs on a day to day basis. Job became very routine. For the amount of time I spent with the company the pay was not that great.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Pay
Decent most of ther time
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COSeptember 27, 2018
Wagner was a great company to work at. Unfortunately personalities began to clash throughout the company. Results were no longer the standard at which employees were judged.
Benefits
Cons
Personalities often clashed
warehouse journeyman
Warehouse journeyman (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 21, 2018
great job for career has all benefits paid time for vacations has oppertinunity to advance in many field it was to bad i got laid off in 2009 i highly recomend this comapny they take care of there employees
Pros
career minded
Cons
no cons
Not the best
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 6, 2018
. Worked in the Farmington area. Always micromanaged and over worked. Never enough workers. Singled out if you weren't a favorite. Opinion didn't matter. Always expected more of you. You were never good enough. Pay was only 12 an hour and worked a minimum of 10 hour days 5 days a week. Management just needed some work.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, underpaid
Great team enviroment
Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  ColoradoNovember 3, 2018
Your best asset is your co-workers. Upper management is tough to deal with if your not a buddy of there's. Not much growth potential . Hardest part of the job was not having the equipment to rent out to customers. Management didn't want to hear they didn't have equipment. They just said make it happen.
Job security
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 7, 2018
Due to the high turnover in staff, work is typically busy, the lack of air conditioning combined with the type of uniform required makes summer work days rather broiling. Due to the lack of staff it is often difficult getting cross trained. Management in my experience has a rather hands off approach as they are consistently busy.
Pros
Excellent insurance
Cons
Extreme heat or cold conditions in the warehouse
No direction
Vice President of Operations (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 28, 2018
This company is a solid Caterpillar dealership, they pay all there attention to the Cat products. It made it hard to incorporate allied products to the company.
Pros
Paid cash for everything
Cons
Getting them to be comfortable with allied products.
Two faced company that doesn't care about it's employees
Payroll Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 7, 2018
Forget about working here if you have health problems or a family. You have to 200% dedicated to this job and not have any issues outside of work because they don't care. They hire temps and drag them along with a hope of hiring them.
Supportive management and staff
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMJuly 22, 2018
From owners down, management was supportive and engaged. Owners visited branch often and could greet you by name. Staff was friendly with each other and also supportive with questions.
Good safety and decent pay
Journeyman heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 1, 2017
Decent pay, benefits and good job security. Company provides training to keep employees updated on new products. Safe place to work with all PPE provided. The problem with this company is they don't listen to there employees. Morale is very low in all areas of service. This is due to the numerous friends and relatives hired that cannot perform there duties.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Nepotism and negative, low morale
Good until you resign
Former parts person (Former Employee) –  New MexicoApril 5, 2017
Worked at Wagner for 3 years, the only issue is that when someone leaves, they put you in a position you know nothing about and expect you to like it! The Drama is Way out of line but Management likes it apparently! Upper Management doesn't listen to other employees to many buddy buddy's in the workplace and people always saying " NO my problem " they complain but take No action to afraid to speak up and if you resign,they immediately escort you off the property
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, Great parts dept, and Most co workers are friendly
Cons
Drama, being put where you shouldnt, Very Bad Attitudes not One Profesional team thats their moto
Stable company, VERY slow to change.
Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 21, 2014
Overall I really enjoy working for Wagner. There is a lot of freedom, perhaps too much freedom. There is very little accountability from the executive team, department heads are allowed to make their own rules which often conflict with corporate goals. The pay is lower than competitors, but the health and education benefits can make up for it (100% tuition reimbursement, no cap). The company is going through some major changes (positive) which is infusing more accountability and bringing the dealership into the modern era. If you want to be part of a changing company, this is a good time to join. If you like things "the way they have always been done" keep searching.
Pros
Freedom, flexible schedule, family friendly.
Cons
Executives not engaged with the common worker.
Great Place to Work with Many Advancement Opportunities
Operations (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 25, 2015
I have worked at Wagner Equipment for just under 4 years. In that time I have worked in 3 different positions with the company. I have enjoyed all 3 of my roles and cant wait to see what my next opportunity is. If you are a hard worker and show initiative there are plenty of advancement opportunities. The culture is a little more conservative and at a slower pace but I enjoy this a lot. The benefits are amazing and include tuition reimbursement. Overall, Wagner Equipment is a great place to work and I hope to end my career with this company.
Pros
benefits, culture, ownership, family owned
Great place to work.
Contract Administrator (Current Employee) –  AlbuquerqueJune 9, 2015
I've worked for Wagner Equipment for 3 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it. The benefits are great, and there have been great opportunities for advancement. My supervisor is extremely understanding and helpful with my schedule in regards to family and school. Wagner is a huge advocate for higher education so they not only offer tuition reimbursement, but each manager I've had has made it a priority to work with my school schedule. I worked in the mining industry previously, but have learned a lot from Wagner about many other sides of the business. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction with customers and coworkers. The hardest part of the job is communication between departments. Wagner does annual Employee Opinion Surveys and takes our concerns (such as communication and employee involvement) into account. Overall, I would definitely recommend Wagner Equipment as an employer.
Pros
Healthcare, tuition reimbursement
Great company but loosing talented technicians due to lower than industry standard pay.
Heavy Equipment Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Windsor, COJune 7, 2018
Good company if they would just pay the people who put in the long hard hours. Nice shop with plenty of space and tooling, steady work and good people.
Pros
Great team of mechanics
Cons
Lower than industry wages.
Wagner Rents Denver
Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
Horrible management from the top to the bottom. Guys came and went as they pleased. The manager literally told me when interviewing me, that the denver location was not a place that I wanted to stay very long. He was not lieing!
Pros
Basically a free for all, not much micro managing
Cons
bad management, terrible shop, terrible co workers, terrible enviornment
Looking for another job
Heavy Equipment Mechanic-Main shop (Current Employee) –  AuroraAugust 29, 2015
Pay sucks at Wagner, hardest part of job is dealing with management and unreal expectations, I really don't feel the company owners have any idea what goes on in hourly jobs on the floor. Worked 50 hour weeks for the past two years and the vacation time is based on a 40 hour work week. We are told the ten hour days we work are not mandatory and that's how they get away with 40 hour a week rule on vacation. If you try to leave early like working 8 hours a day we r encourage not to if you want to keep your job. Looking for another job.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Money, benefits, backstabbers, a few bipolar employees
Great Place to Work
4 year employee (Current Employee) –  New MexicoApril 2, 2015
The benefits, company values, product line, and people are excellent. There are opportunities for advancement if you work hard. The company is slow to change, but it seems like upper management is working on it by doing regular company update meetings and communicating more. Overall, a great secure place to work where you feel valued.
Pros
Benefits, Good Ownership, Job Security, Advancement Opportunity
Cons
Growing pains and changes as the company modernizes itself
Easy going environment
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMApril 23, 2017
I currently work for Wagner & I do enjoy it. Its true there are some crabby & arrogant co-workers. But thats anywhere you go. I mainly keep to myself & do my duties.

But my immediate supervisor & dept. manager are very laid back & trusting. They appreciate the hard work you put into your job. The owner of the company makes it a point to acknowledge everyone. No matter what your position is, he comes by and shakes hands with you.
Pros
Weekends & holidays off, good pay, benefits
Cons
Some crabby peeps, not enough OT.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wagner Equipment Co.. Our community is ready to answer.