Wagner Equipment Co. Employee Reviews

warehouse journeyman
Warehouse journeyman (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 21, 2018
great job for career has all benefits paid time for vacations has oppertinunity to advance in many field it was to bad i got laid off in 2009 i highly recomend this comapny they take care of there employees
Pros
career minded
Cons
no cons
Wagner Rents Denver
Technician (Former Employee) –  Denver, COApril 30, 2018
Horrible management from the top to the bottom. Guys came and went as they pleased. The manager literally told me when interviewing me, that the denver location was not a place that I wanted to stay very long. He was not lieing!
Pros
Basically a free for all, not much micro managing
Cons
bad management, terrible shop, terrible co workers, terrible enviornment
nothing to say
ASSISTANT SERVICE COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 17, 2018
its a job nothing more, not CAT support and the location runs on parts sales profits nothing more. beware of management they are looking for errors to run you off
hostile work environment
Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COApril 2, 2018
Wagner Equipment as a whole is a very professional good company to work for. Management at the Pueblo Rents store was very inconsistent. Support for middle management was very hard to find
Pros
close to home
Cons
hostile environment
Not the best
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMFebruary 6, 2018
. Worked in the Farmington area. Always micromanaged and over worked. Never enough workers. Singled out if you weren't a favorite. Opinion didn't matter. Always expected more of you. You were never good enough. Pay was only 12 an hour and worked a minimum of 10 hour days 5 days a week. Management just needed some work.
Pros
Health benefits
Cons
Micromanaged, underpaid
Too many games!
Not sure what it was (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 30, 2018
I agree w/ a prior comment, owners wife managing I.T. was really uncomfortable. She lacked in management skills and failed me badly! It was RIDICULOUS! Too many games, power games, nepotism, and on and on.
Loved Working at Wagner Equipment
Service Clerk/Safety Clerk/Shop Lead (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 3, 2018
I loved everything about Wagner Equipment. I miss this job. I learned so much and established some of my best relationships while working for Wagner Equipment.
Fun, Amazing place to Work
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 15, 2017
Laid back but not slow environment. Easy to make friends and work with the people at the company. Honestly its a career if you are wiling to accept a starting role at first.
Used to be a good family company
Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 13, 2017
Used to be proud to be an employee but recent (3 years) changes have made it a horrible experience. IT is managed by the owners wife so she decides whats important. Accounting acts as if the owners died and they became boss. No more company wide holiday potlucks due to management worrying about productivity. No more family picnics because it's more important to remodel the main lobby. Don't talk, show up to work, repeat.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Management, fairness, integrity
Okay place to work.
Heavy equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 1, 2017
You will be expected to put in 50+ hours. If you don't work weekends you can, but you will be frowned upon for doing so.

They do there best but certain customer's always get their way.

The Wagner's are really good people that care about there employee's.
Challenging work. Paid training.
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Windsor, COOctober 31, 2017
Wagner is an ok place to work. We at Wagner are expected to work all the time and know "everything", however the pay is low and the management is poor. There is no support from management when there is a problem with a customer. They insulate themselves from problems and expect their techs to take the blame and resolve the issue. Management also expect field techs to exceed DOT operating hours of service, but if you're caught by DOT it's your problem and management will not stand up for employees. The "old school" way of managing is not going to work any longer. There needs to be newer ideas and better ways of managing employees.
Pros
Bennifits are good.
Cons
Poor manegment and low pay.
good place to work
Engine Technician feild service (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 13, 2017
Would be better place if management was more in tuned and on the same page. I work more than 12 hrs a day and fill I am not appreciated enough. Need better communication as well.
Good safety and decent pay
Journeyman heavy equipment mechanic (Current Employee) –  Pueblo, COAugust 1, 2017
Decent pay, benefits and good job security. Company provides training to keep employees updated on new products. Safe place to work with all PPE provided. The problem with this company is they don't listen to there employees. Morale is very low in all areas of service. This is due to the numerous friends and relatives hired that cannot perform there duties.
Pros
Pay benefits
Cons
Nepotism and negative, low morale
Excellent company to work for
Finance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJuly 27, 2017
Fast paced environment, family owned. Great to work for, good benefits. Conveniently located. Great mentors within the company. Many learning opportunities.
Pros
Flexible hours, bonus day off for 2 holidays
Cons
No room to grow
Structured work place. Good place to learn and advance.
Executive Sales / Shop Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 14, 2017
John Deere Equipment has a huge variety. You can rent or purchase anything from Construction equipment to the small home owners landscapers. There is also Allied equipment available.
Easy going environment
Facilities (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield, NMApril 23, 2017
I currently work for Wagner & I do enjoy it. Its true there are some crabby & arrogant co-workers. But thats anywhere you go. I mainly keep to myself & do my duties.

But my immediate supervisor & dept. manager are very laid back & trusting. They appreciate the hard work you put into your job. The owner of the company makes it a point to acknowledge everyone. No matter what your position is, he comes by and shakes hands with you.
Pros
Weekends & holidays off, good pay, benefits
Cons
Some crabby peeps, not enough OT.
Good until you resign
Former parts person (Former Employee) –  New MexicoApril 5, 2017
Worked at Wagner for 3 years, the only issue is that when someone leaves, they put you in a position you know nothing about and expect you to like it! The Drama is Way out of line but Management likes it apparently! Upper Management doesn't listen to other employees to many buddy buddy's in the workplace and people always saying " NO my problem " they complain but take No action to afraid to speak up and if you resign,they immediately escort you off the property
Pros
Decent pay and benefits, Great parts dept, and Most co workers are friendly
Cons
Drama, being put where you shouldnt, Very Bad Attitudes not One Profesional team thats their moto
Very good company to work for.
Parts Distribution/parts Counterman (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COMarch 19, 2017
Company values employees and tries to foster a positive work environment. Management supports employees and offers a wide variety of benefits. Company tried to provide good job/work balance.
Pros
Good job/benefits
Cons
Long commute
people are really friendly
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 2, 2017
People were really friendly you needed help no one hesitated to show you. they didn't judge you were friendly from the start
Pros
learned how things are done
Cons
didnt get hired on
Best company I ever worked for
Equipment Management Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 15, 2017
Managed people and contracts in three states. Able to develop new ideas. I built a group of employees from 4 to 34 in five years. I have an ill family member and desired to move back to PA to be near them. Wagner understood and helped me with the relocation.
Pros
The Wagners are an extraordinary family. They have time for every employee
Cons
I was homesick for family in PA. No conf for the company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wagner Equipment Co.. Our community is ready to answer.