WAHVE Employee Reviews

Home based work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Middleborough, MAJune 24, 2018
Best part about this was home based work. No dressing for the job, stay in pajamas if you wish, remote in each day and basically set your own hours. No stressful work
Pros
work at home
Cons
no benefits
Excellent work/life balance!
Commercial Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 4, 2018
I would very highly recommend WAHVE to anyone looking for income, but tired of commuting and/or being in an office environment. I very much enjoy being able to pick my own assignments. The most enjoyable part of the job is not having to commute which saves money on fuel. Tired of wearing suites, heels, etc., to work is a no longer a burden. WAHVE staff are extremely collaborative and go over and beyond to make all my assignments as positive as they can.
Pros
Work from home, no commute, exceptional work/life balance
Cons
No real benefits due to contractor work (worth it!)
Love working for Wahve
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  NCMay 11, 2018
The great thing about Wahve is that we are able to take retired workers who want to stay active and have income and place them with clients who need assistance. Win win! We have a great crew. I have been with Wahve for over 4 years and am very happy to be here!
Pros
Work Life Balance
Exciting innovative company - making a difference in peoples lives
Sr. Vice President of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COMay 1, 2018
I know it is a cliche to say we are changing people's lives - but in fact, we are. WAHVE is changing the conversation around retirement and reinventing staffing in the insurance and accounting fields.
Pros
Remote work - virtual company, challenging innovative, collaborative work environment, great team members and strong management.
Cons
Remote work is not for everyone
Assistant Account Manager
Account Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 20, 2018
I would log into clients website - begin data entry, certs, endorse, Learning new systems. Working with Account Managers.
The people were great to work with I missed them when my assignment ended.

Hardest part of the job was when my assignment ended, you make a lot of friends its hard to leave. You do not know when your next assignment will start so there is no stability. The pay is not that much and there are no benefits.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people and feeling that I am helping them. I can start work early from my home and do not have to drive anywhere. If the assignment is out of state like NY I can start at 6 am my time and off work at 2:00. Due to the time change.
Pros
Learning new procedures
Cons
Pay and Benefits
Nice and friendly people
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  MarylandMarch 16, 2018
Everyone very helpful and friendly. No benefits is the only bad part. But good for people who are retired and drawing social security. I enjoy working here for the flexibility.
Caution
Contractor (Former Employee) –  RemoteMarch 12, 2018
To all serious professionals out there considering application to WAHVE a word of caution from this 30-year industry veteran. DO NOT waste your time unless you are currently engaged in the industry or currently employed in the industry or they will not accept you although their application states differently. They will not tell you this until AFTER you have gone through the entire application and assessment process.TOTAL waste of time. Even if you are active management leaves a lot to be desired so tread carefully.
Pros
Flexible hours with some drawbacks
Commercial Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Home based officeDecember 11, 2017
Was very easy to work with and you were able to contact account manager easily.

However, you are treated as a subcontractor and no taxes are taken from check which you will either have to pay quarterly on annually.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
On 1099 only - no taxes deducted from checks
Flexible place to work.
Customer Service Representative/Processor (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 14, 2017
I enjoy being a WAHVE and would recommend the company. The flexibility to work my own hours and from the comfort of my own home is such a blessing. They seem to have a wide variety of Insurance agencies looking for remote workers.
Pros
Flexibility
Work from home position
Commercial Insurance Underwriter (Current Employee) –  West Warwick, RISeptember 12, 2017
Great work from home opportunity all contact with employees pleasant and helpful. Able to work at my own pace and leave for appointments if necessary and then return to the workday.
Pros
work from home
Cons
independent contractor, no benefits
My WAHVE experience
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Remote - Las Vegas, NVMarch 9, 2017
I have been on the WAHVE team for the last three years, and I can't think of a better group of people to work for, and with. They are friendly, personable and a true family.

I thought that I would miss going to a traditional office, but every time I take a break to get coffee (in my kitchen) and watch the traffic report, I remember the hours that I've been given back thanks to no commute!

With today's technology, I use my computer, Skype and VOIP phone to stay in touch with the team, and I don't get distracted with people popping into the office to say "hello". I'm much more productive because I can prioritize my tasks and set my own hours.

While they can't guarantee everyone a job, the WAHVE in-depth screening process allows them to understand what you are looking for in order to make the best possible match.
Pros
work at home, no commute, flexibility, life-work balance
Don't waste your time
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  parts unknown, nyJanuary 20, 2017
My mother taught me to never say anything bad about anyone, but this group is a joke and not an enjoyable group to work with, the jobs are few and far between and do not last long
Fair at best
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateOctober 12, 2016
A few years ago I worked an assignment with this firm. I was told that the agency that I was placed with had an agency management system. As it turns our, several days in to the assignments, I found out that the agency did not have this type system. This was like sending a carpenter to a job to build a house with no tools.

This proved to be a large con to the job . The assignment lasted for me about a month. I was very disappointed in how this was handled. The way that the assignment was provided to me showed that the in take for this placement was done totally wrong.

No one can work without a formal agency management system. I feel that I was blamed for what happened here. I tried to get the WAHVE management people involved in this to resolve this-as it turned out the client did not want to continue.

I was disappointed in how I was treated in what happened. The staff of WAHVE was very nice.
Pros
remote work
Cons
disorganized client, felt blamed for client not having an agency mgt. system
Easy to work with and great staff
Independent Insurance Agent-Customer Service Admin (Current Employee) –  Batavia, OHJune 7, 2016
WAHVE has provided an excellent placement with my current employer. This job will end the end of June 2016 and the staff at WAHVE is working very hard to find another client.

Everything is done online and via phone calls, very easy to submit payroll information and staff is always courteous and kind.

Typical day is signing on and working with my assigned client, there is not a "hard part of the job" that I can think of at this time, working from home is wonderful!

It is a little bit of a learning curve working from home, getting to know your client and their specific needs but I would say this is one of the most pleasant of jobs.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Managing your own taxes