Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center Employee Reviews

Undesirable
Referral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIAugust 3, 2018
Staff allowed to basically do whatever they want. Felt like people did what they had to just to get thru the day instead of putting some heart into it.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Not corporate
Excellent place to work
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIApril 26, 2018
Enjoyed working with a great group of co-workers and having to be able to work in different area of the healthcare field. Also having such an awesome management team. Also liked that there was opportunity for growth.
Great place to begin your medical assiting career
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIMarch 6, 2018
WCCHC has provided me with an immense amount of relevant training in the medical field. There is a strong family-type atmosphere that is hard tocome by at other medical facilities.
great place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waianae, HISeptember 28, 2017
It would say comprehensive is a great place to work, but need to be more competitive. Some managers are okay. Some are GREAT but definitely need restructuring.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
low pay
Very busy most of the time
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HISeptember 1, 2017
The day was very busy because of the volume that came through. We didn't have time to really relax or really enjoy our co workers because of the work
Pros
Nice employees to work with.
Cons
Fast past with a lot of work.
Frinedly and more family oreintated place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIJune 16, 2017
Checking in and out of patients, generating of referrals, scheduling appointments, cash handling, closing end of day drawer. Scheduling patient appointments.
Mediocre
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIDecember 19, 2016
It was an ok environment to work in. Patients became inpatient when they had to wait a bit longer for the doctor. But besides that co-workers were awesome!!
productive
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIMay 1, 2015
We all worked as a team when needed. The thing I enjoyed about my time working for Waianae Coast Comprehensive is that I built a bond with my patients, they were all like family.
Productive and always engaging in patient care to reach excellence health management.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIJanuary 16, 2015
Meet and Greet patients of all ages to obtain concerns for doctors visits. Scheduling and answering patient's appointment and questions. Assist Doctors with clinical needs and Helping manager with daily office duties. Maintaining medical equipments and a safe enviroment for patients and staff.
I learned to deal with different cultures and personalities. What it means to be a team player and the importances of my role as a team player. Always to stride for excellency in the health management of our patients, the organization of Waianae Coast Comprehensive Health Center and our Waianae Community.
My co-workers were alway very helpful both internally and with patient care. Management were of great help with the needs of staff and physicians with in the scope of their means. The hardest part of my job would be finding doctors who take certain types of insurance we deal with our patients when it comes to referring them out for special procedures. The most enjoyable part of my job is meet all different types of patients and seeing the gratitude on their faces when they leave the office. Self gradtification knowing we meet their needs and expectations.
Pros
WCCHC is family and culture oriented.
Cons
WCCHC is frederally funded and increase of pay would be at a freeze most of the time.
It used to be a great place to work at, not anymore
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waianae, HIJune 24, 2014
This place was once a great place to work when it was under different management. When the management changed, the atmosphere changed, the job duties increased and resources decreased. There is not enough staff to be able to complete the amount of work that they expect their workers to do. A medical receptionist can do clerical work, scan in complete medical records into the patient's charts, handle the amount of calls that usually a call center is needed for as well as do the work of what a Patient Financial Services representative would do along with outpatient referrals yet still only get paid minimum wage. It is not right to have a person do the job of four different departments and not get appreciated for it. There is no appreciation anymore and the work atmosphere and treatment by new management makes the individuals who have worked there for years feel like their services meant nothing. Now, seniority means nothing when it comes to employee preferences, it feels like decisions are made on favoritism. I have watched individuals who have worked their hearts off for the patients along with coworkers who did about half the work of that individual, yet when new management came in, I've seen them let go of the individual who worked the hardest but give many chances to those who should have been let go.
Being one in The Spirit
Clerical Aide (Current Employee) –  Waianae, HIDecember 27, 2013
Well to start off my day is greeting all the clients that come in on a daily basis to see them come through the doors with their lovely smiles as their lives change through this program.
I've learned that working isn't the only thing that one must do but to love their job and to love others, to care for them and give the the best logical advice in hopes without failure they will continue to stride and reach all their goals with an outcome of success. The manager here is nice and very respectable and always in demand by her clients, she treats them like family and cares for them as if they were her own. I find it awesome to work in an environment, as such. Although there is rough days, who said that family problems wouldn't arise and always quickly solved through love.
My co-workers are all the same to them selves but very optimistic, fun,loving,and family oriented. I think to me the hardest part of the job is being in two places at once and doing five things at one time while answering the phones it's hectic but fun never a dull moment and that's the type of job i like challenging and always on your toes. I learn new things on a daily basis and some things take a little longer than others to learn and perfect but i love it. I also love to chat with the clients and share a scripture or two or some times have bible studies and teach them that all things are possible threw God.I see everyone here grow including my self.
Pros
Volunteering not getting paid
Cons
Growth
family oriented
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HIDecember 10, 2013
typical day is busy, ongoing patient care

I've learned to be a team player, a great multi tasker, and able to maintain control in a hectic atmosphere

my manager was a great one, although down to earth and caring she knew when to "crack the whip" and be stern when the time came

my coworkers were fun, outgoing, but dedicated and hard working, just like me

I've never really had a "Hard Part" if anything the con of my job was working 12 hour shifts 4 days in a row, it can drain you physically

the most enjoyable part was not knowing what to expect, you were always kept on your toes
Pros
it was close to my residence
Cons
the pay could've been a little higher
Great Family oriented company
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waianae, HISeptember 22, 2013
Loved the fact that I worked down the road from my home. Manger was a very understanding individual.
Pros
close to home
Cons
Can be emotionally draining, no real advancement opportunity
Average
Purchasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Waianae, HIAugust 19, 2012
I found that working here is not what I had anticipated. I started of in the IT department, and the Purchasing department is a little different. I feel like I work hard, but it is not noticed.
Pros
close to home, hour long lunch, 10 minute breaks
Cons
feel taken advantage of at times.