Waiter.com Employee Reviews

4.2
Ratings breakdown
N/a
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMay 11, 2018
This company review is private and the following company information is not able to disclose, including the working culture, environment along with the working ethic of the company.
Good job but low pay n long hours
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 11, 2017
I really like my job delivering for waiter.com but it's very time-consuming a and I have kids now I need to be home more this job was a split shift so I'm basically gone all day and night so I'd rather do something else with more opportunity for growth
Best delivery job in the industry
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 24, 2017
I've worked for all the food delivery companies in the SF bay area and Waiter.com is by far the best. They take care of their employees (yes employee, not 1099 contractor). You get hourly pay, health benefits, food benefits, bonuses, tips, etc. It all adds up to be a very generous job. As long as you work hard you can work your way up here but there are some people who just show up and do their job every day as a good college gig. There are also a lot of people who have been working here for years because the pay and benefits are good and the work is relatively stress free and easy.
Pros
good pay, benefits, half off food
Cons
insurance goes up, wear and tear on car
Fun place to work with flexibility.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 19, 2017
Fun place to work and employees are very friendly. Always exciting to see which restaurants you'll pick up at and which customers you'll deliver to. So you come in get your orders then basically your on your own just learn the phone app which is so easy. It's great for people who like to drive and be outdoors instead of being stuck inside a building. Also, they have very good benefits and bonus points which equals $. You can order lunch also for 50% off. Management is fair if you are serious about your job.
Pros
If you have no mistakes after 6 months you get $100.00 extra every month.
Cons
Sometimes rushed when restaurants are running late.
Great place to work!!
Delivery Manager (Current Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJuly 17, 2017
This is the perfect place for an employee looking for part time work with maximum payoff. The work is very manageable . The company culture is great. People really care about your well being at this company. Really fun place to work.
Flexible hours and work from home
Delivery & Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 15, 2017
I'm the manager of our satellite operation in Raleigh-Durham, and though we operate remotely from our CA headquarters, management and accounting are readily available. I've learned that effective communication is paramount to successfully run a remote operation.

The hardest part of my job is schlepping 80-100 individual meals to a company on a daily basis, but driving time allows me to collect myself.
Pros
Good pay for part time
Cons
Spread very thin across the region
Job Affectivity
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Sunnyvale, CAJanuary 23, 2017
Enjoyable staff and excellent work environment, Great consumer service and team building. It was a hard and fast work paces. Learned how to manage time efficiently deliver quality food. Cleanliness and a professionalism to all the customer and restaurant businesses.
Pros
Quality sevice, Discounts on food, Service skills
Cons
• 6+ years of professional experience in analysis, design, development, implementation, integration and testing of Client-Server applications using Ob
Sr Android developer (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 8, 2016
The application allows us to search for restaurants nearby, order for delivery, pickup and to makes reservations online. It also offers to see what are in the restaurant menu, reviews, and explore coupons. Waiter.com offers delivery for restaurants that do not have their own delivery services. We can also pay the bill through this app using credit cards. It offers Waiter Points rewards system, and order items for the future delivery (for the whole upcoming week).
Low pay, beats up your car and body, but driving is fun
Owner/C.E.O. Craig Cohen, ph# (650) (Former Employee) –  Mt. View, CA.April 2, 2015
What you need most to know about Waiter.com is that, while they tell you you'll receive "tips," the company actually charges a "15% Driver Support" fee that all the customers believe is a mandatory tip to the Driver. The Drivers don't see a penny of that; and any time a Driver lets customers know that there's a separate box to write in the tip, that Driver gets fired for informing the customers so.

Since you use your own car, and they really only reimburse for GAS, after car expenses the job is less than minimum wage--with high risk in busy traffic and illegal parking required, and high risk of damage to your far being pressured to park wherever in busy down town areas.

Also, you're expected to be available split shifts 6 days per week

The driving/radio part is fun, though.
Pros
Driving, 1/2 off good meals
Cons
less than minimum wage after car expenses
Great Place To Work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Daly City,Ca to San Jose,CaAugust 21, 2013
-I would receive my order via text message and email. I would print out the order items and the labels if necessary. I would the nnavigate to the restaurant to pick up the food. After i made sure all of the items were there i would navigate to the customer and deliver the food.

-Management was very friendly and helpful.
Pros
50% off deliveries from the website, No direct supervision, Discovered new restaurants.
Cons
A lot of wear and tear on your car.
Great place to work when going to school
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 14, 2013
Working at Waiter.com is great if you are a student or have another job. The work environment is stress free and the schedule is flexible. The major benefit is free food during meetings and 1/2 off ordering from restaurants (breakfast, lunch, dinner).
Pros
1/2 off food at partnering restaurants
Cons
no holiday pay, pto, or benefits
Great idea with variety in food and people.
Courrier (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXFebruary 23, 2013
My shifts are very consistent and I have learned the differences from each restaurant. We offer so many options to our clients and have to keep organization a top priority. Attention to details may be the most critical aspect of this job. I enjoy the advantage of not suffering in my studies as I am also a student. The flexibility of my schedule is important for me. I also get to work without much supervision and I enjoy being independent in that sense. Interacting with my clientele on regular a regular basis and anticipating their needs means the most for me. I have established a great relationship with the customers and that means something to them as well. They can count on me when I am handling their orders.
Pros
the benefits for part time, minimal supervision
Cons
little in the way of making a career

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waiter.com. Our community is ready to answer.