Waitr Inc Employee Reviews

Great job for starters
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 20, 2019
Great job for starters bad in your car pay was decent could be better. Alabama’s management and team are great and very helpful and respectful would recommend to anyone with spares time and an vehicle.
Bad management,
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAMarch 19, 2019
The hourly pay plus tips is not worth the wear and tear on your car and the disrespect from management when something goes wrong with your car. Management expects workers to drop personal lives and second jobs for waitr and gets rude and ugly with you when you cannot work outside of scheduled hours. DASH tries their best but they do not know the area the area they are watching over most of the time, so they will assign deliveries to drivers that are 30 or more minutes away from where the drive is at. The manager is disrespectful and illiterate.
Driver's Dream
customer service (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNMarch 18, 2019
I love this job because driving and listening to music are my two favorite things. It is very relaxed with a couple benefits. you can work around your life schedule and still make money. I would recommend it to anyone.
Driver
Driver (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 12, 2019
I worked for Waitr in Florence South Carolina when they just launched here. I liked it for about two weeks because it was busy and I was earring descent money. When I filled out the application online it said they pay $10.00/hr, but when i got to my interview they told me it was $5.00/hr plus tips. So they lied about how much I would be making. After the two weeks I had been working, I ran out of gas and didn't have money to put gas in my car because the tips go on your check at the end of the week, except if the tip is cash then you can keep it. My manger didn't care that I have no gas. So then I quit because they don't give you extra money for doing like 7 or more deliveries a day. I would have to take deliveries as far as 20 miles into the town over from me, which is 15 miles, I would get two or more deliveries 15 miles out of the town I live in, and it uses a lot of gas there and back. So my experience with Waitr was not good.They wanted us to spread their name, and not to try to get regular customers which is what makes money
Pros
free time sometimes
Cons
no breaks, no extra money for gas, bad management
Abhorrent management
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXMarch 1, 2019
Dashboard is the board of remote supervisors that will be (micro)managing you. Unless you're in an area near HQ, dashboard will have absolutely no idea of your current situation. They will constantly assign you orders that are in the wrong direction of the ones you're already taking. They fight and contradict each other all the time. Most of them are lazy and useless. They WILL get petty with you and argue and pitch hissy fits in the Groupme chat. They curse in chat then turn around and write up other employees who do the same. even if it's casually and all in good fun. You will be forced to take deliveries through flood waters, extremely dangerous weather, dangerous areas of town, without any kind of compensation, and your car WILL get destroyed by this job. Dashboard doesn't care one bit about your safety. I once had to drive a small order of fries through a tornado storm with hail the size of golf balls and floodwaters as deep as a foot and a half.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
nearly everything else
A new stress every shift.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 26, 2019
Job is meant to be easy , but with all the different people, managers, Dash, and techs, operating differently, it's like working a new job everyday. Management is VERY impatient. DASH seems like they are over worked. You tell them something and I forget in less than 5 mins. The way management treats drivers is as tho we do not have other jobs or personal lives. They ALWAYS ask if more drivers can help outside of their normal shifts.
Pros
Flexible schdules
Cons
Everything else!
Wonderful experience, workers felt like a family
Delivery Driver/Customer Service Representive (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Was my first actual job and it was a wonderful experience. Only reason I left is that gas got expensive in my area and I kept getting flat tires from having to drive through construction sites.
Pros
Very relaxed environment, but competitive and fun
Cons
Needing to be on your phone while driving, gas prices
Have a good car and think about what you want your employment goals are.
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAFebruary 14, 2019
I work part time for Waitr and you really need a fuel efficient, reliable car to take full advantage of this job. It is very accommodating, especially if you use it as second job to supplement your income. You won't find a job with hours as flexible as this one except maybe a rideshare employer. There are easy to land evening and weekend shifts, so that is perfect if you are already working a full time job like myself. You schedule yourself 2 weeks out and there are numerous shift ranges to select from, so it is very easy to make the perfect schedule. It is also incredibly simple to pick up a few extra hours if you find yourself with some last minute free time. Evening shifts are almost always available, even minutes before they start.

For the most part, shifts tend to stay busy and can get a little hectic on the weekends. You can't be shy and really should contact your customers if you are running late on an order. When it gets extremely busy, orders are assigned to you. During slower hours, you can choose what you want to pick up. There are opportunities to be very efficient to maximize deliveries per hour. Tips are very volatile. Some nights, I can average around $5 per delivery, other nights only $2. It is fairly easy to maintain around 2 deliveries per hour, even on slow nights. The app has the customer tip you out before you ever deliver the food, but you never know when a customer will give you a cash tip, so customer service is still important. All orders are controlled by the Waitr driver app, so a smartphone is a necessity. You should also have a cellular company
  more... that is going to be stable in the area that you are operating or you won't be able to accept deliveries. No deliveries equals no money.

The downside to this job is that it is a ton of driving. That is literally all you do as a driver. Drive to the restaurant, pick up the food, check the food, ensure condiments and utensils are there, drive to the customer. Lots of miles, and wear and tear on the car. I am currently averaging around 12-13 dollars and hour. If you factor in fuel and taxes, I'm somewhere in the 8-9 dollar range. Hybrids and high mpg vehicles are a must to maximize your earnings. I started with a hybrid that got around 40 mpg and stayed around $10 an hour net pay. After I switched to a newer, lower mileage vehicle that only gets around 24 mpg, I saw the pay drop to around $8-9 per hour. Of course that is not factoring in the additional auto maintenance you will eventually have to do. It is still higher than minimum wage, and that combined with the flexible schedule and proximity to home is enough to keep me doing it. I would not consider this as my primary job. I don't think the earnings are high enough. However, for some additional play money, it is perfect.
Pros
Schedule Flexibility, Easy Job, Easy hire
Cons
Vehicle wear and tear, lack of benefits, no vehicle fuel/maintenance compensation, tips are not guaranteed
Great workplace!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAFebruary 14, 2019
I absolutely love working for Waitr! It’s truly like being a part of a constantly growing family. There’s always a chance for you to move up and grow with the company.
Something to Do
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 13, 2019
Overall I think it’s an alright part time job but the pay sucks they lying on the ad it’s not $13-$17 a hour it’s more $5.00 plus tips, but it’s u really not making no profit from it the lil money u get from there pay rate and tips is gas money for you to put in ur car to deliver for them so it’s more of a gimmick it’s fun but at the end of the day if u ain’t making money it’s no reason and plus they don’t give you gas mileage pay and you working on their schedule times it’s not like Uber u sign in and drive when you want or you free it’s more like you on their time
Pros
Cons
No breaks, No Money
Stressful
Local Food Delivery/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 12, 2019
A typical day at work varied because of varied shift times. I could have a differently timed shift at any point in a day that I chose when I scheduled on the given application. depending on the day of the week, it was more or less stressful directly relating to how busy business was. Weekends were the most busy and profitable, but also they were the most stressful. I learned that jobs that relied on phones as my primary communication with supervisors and managers are not the best. Drivers are almost always in their own cars, and never see supervisors or managers unless they go to the office, which had no phone number. Most days were okay, some were unbearable. I would end up in extremely unsafe areas because there were limited numbers of drivers on the road. Other times supervisors would send me out to the middle of nowhere, upwards of 15 miles from where i started for one small order, because I was "the closest driver" to the order. Most enjoyable part was driving my own car and listening to my own music.
Pros
discount oil changes, overall pay for a simple job
Cons
ware on car, gas consumption, risky areas, forced assignments
Competitive, Fun, and Persistent
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 10, 2019
I do Food Delivery, so I got to restaurant that's listed on the app that I'm assigned to me, and then i take the food to its destination, then move on to the next one.
I learned to keep a fast-pace in my work, but still remain persistent and positive.
Good set of management and are effective at communication and writing back to employees.
Driving, Food Pick- up, Delivery.
The hardest part of the job was driving to several destinations at the same time when assigned two different orders.
Pros
Flexible Schedules
Cons
Feeling stressed, Rushed through service
Not worth it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 8, 2019
only get paid 5/ hour. tips aren't mandatory, have gone some days with no tips at all. the cost of gas is ridiculous, and they don't compensate you for gas used.
Lacks constant deliveries
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAFebruary 7, 2019
give or take on deliveries, some days are great with deliveries and then again those days are swamped with drivers competing for those deliveries. Dash assigns way too many orders and it makes drivers deliveries harder ad longer. Filling up on gas daily and most days you don't break even. plus wear and tear on vehicle it's really not worth the daily shifts, but if you need the income, go for it.
Pros
length of shifts
Cons
pay
flexible and well balanced
Lead/Tech Driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAFebruary 6, 2019
Waitr allows you to schedule yourself and that makes for a balance of work and family much easier. They offer medical benefits. You get to meet a diversity of people.
Pros
balance of work and family, flexibility
Cons
pay
Absolutely love the job. But needs improvement.
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALFebruary 5, 2019
Waiter is a great company to work for starting out you make your own schedule you work when your schedule tells you to you make money and meet new people. But all in all like I said is a great company to work for but some managers need to have compassion for their employees and not just show favoritism to certain drivers on certain routes.
Pros
Making your own schedules
Don't do it
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 30, 2019
CM doesnt care about you are if your car is low. You basically need a truck to work here.It could be pouring down raining and where your working can be flooded.Management will just post in the chat to take pictures and stay away from stand still water. Little do you they know water is everywhere and you can stay away from stand still water.
There is no room for advancement with this company, as always favoritism is everywhere.

The pay is really $5 an hour you have to work doubles just to survive. So this job is only good for a side job. Plus the $5 an hour worth the stress and the wear and tear on tires. If you have a new car my advice to you is make sure not to use it for waitr. Apply and see for yourself.
Pros
Pick your own hours, paid evey week
Cons
No gas mileage remburishment, $5 an hour
Management in Baton Rouge is horrible
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2019
There is not enough room on this page to explain how horrible the bi polar city manager (who since has left) and her assistant are. Management from the ground up is inept and should never be in a position of power over another individual.
Dash is staffed with teenagers who have no idea what they are doing, rude, obnoxious and have no idea how to cope with a busy shift.

The pay can be ok if you dont drive in BR, that place is full sorry tippers. Other markets could be ok but not guaranteed $
Restaurants treat you worse than their lowest employee instead of as a partner or extension of the customer.

WEAR
AND
TEAR.

Do not work for this joke of a company.
Pros
Sitting in my car with no orders
Cons
Having to ever speak to management . Grinding your car into dust for someone else to profit.
Scam artists who only care aboit themselves
Photographer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJanuary 25, 2019
Waitr completely screwed me over. To them this is just a game but they are messing with people’s actual lives. They only care about themselves, have no sympathy, and are heartless evil people that don’t care if what they have done has left you homeless or not. I would NEVER recomend anyone ever using this app. But as you can tell from 3/4 of the reviews on here you would already know they aren’t worth anyone’s time.
Cons
Great concept runned by fools in ivory towers.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXJanuary 25, 2019
First things first, the pay IS 5$ an hour for hourly employees and $2.50 a delivery for independent contractors. While scheduling is flexible and you "create" your own schedule, you can only pick from a bank of set schedule blocks ranging anywhere from 3 to 6 hours and the availability of the shifts you can/want to work are always contested due to the irregular flow of turn over. Management goes on hiring blitzes and over staffs markets so typically less than half of new hires stay on more than a month. The only way to make money is to HOPE that you deliver to someone who believes in tipping and since the company REFUSES to allow drivers to see how much they are making per delivery there is no way to audit your income. This is especially concerning since dash members (customer service) can split and refund gratuity and the driver would be none the wiser. Logistics AND customer service is typically handled by one person (dash member) and this same person is usually responsible for assigning deliveries to drivers, answering phone calls from customers, issuing refunds, and addressing driver concerns in not just one, but usually 2 markets simultaneously. So, when it gets busy the company more often than not comes to a grinding halt. Drivers can only pick up one delivery at a time without being assigned a second one and to compound the issue the one making the decisions on who is going to be assigned a second order (dash member) is stationed in Louisiana. I find it hard to believe that someone who has never been to my town knows how to handle the logistics of delivering stuff better  more... than a native. Company says they offer PTO (paid time off) to full time drivers but 2 years in and several messages to management have yet to yield any PTO. PTO is worthless anyways since you cap out at 40 hours and you only get $5 an hour for it. Bringing your maximum amount of banked PTO to a whopping $200 (minus taxes). The company refuses to pay mileage, but they have an inane "rewards club" concept for drivers to incentivize them to deliver like crazy. The issue is the grand prize is unattainable (approx 400+ deliveries a month for 2 straight years yields a $6000 bonus) and the top monthly prize is only a $100 shell gas card that doesn't even cover 1 week's worth of gas. (If you are pushing yourself to make that 400 delivery a month mark.) However, if business dries up (like it does every year from November to February) you have no control over how many deliveries you can get and since management over staffs during the holiday season you have to rely on brown nosing and butt kissing to maintain your "Waitr Club" (incentive program) status. There are no pay raises and promotions typically are allotted to those who kiss butt instead of preforming their job well. (Not always, but more often than not.) In the end I would not recommend this job to anybody. At least in a full-time aspect. If you're single and/or have tons of financial obligations don't get roped in by that BS $12-$17 an hour stuff. Five dollars an hour is all you're guaranteed so if $200 a week isn't good enough (40 hours) then perhaps you should stick to fast food. At least you don't have to drive your own car and pay $80+ a week for gas. (At aprrox 25/mpg) Hey, good note is it's almost impossible to get fired. If you don't blow up on anybody and come to work you will never get fired. Regardless of performance.  less
Pros
Flexible Scheduling, Job Security
Cons
Terrible Pay, Inefficient Management, Poor Benefits, Favoritism, No Personal Vehicle Reimburstment, No Pay Audit, Inconsistent Paycheck Delivery, Poor Logistics, No Pay Raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitr Inc. Our community is ready to answer.