Waitr Inc Employee Reviews

Just Temporry
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LADecember 30, 2018
Waitr overall is a great company but I feel we are not paid very well and there is no opportunity for advancement. There are other positions that you could move into but it seems they play the favoritism game quite a bit. The pay sucks and if it weren’t for the tips, a lot of us would be living below the poverty line. We run our vehicles into the ground delivering orders and we are not paid gas mileage. They claim that the pay is between $13-17 per hour but we definitely do NOT MAKE THAT MUCH!
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No gas mileage, lousy pay, favoritism, no benefits
Ok Let's Clarify some things.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAAugust 10, 2018
To start, I've read alot of reviews claiming Waitr advertises a pay rate that isn't accurate. Not true. You have the potential to make this rate (which i THINK they advertise at 12-15 per hr). 85% of the time I make $15hr or more. This is achieved by taking your hourly pay+tips made and dividing it by the hours worked. You definately CAN NOT make this amount by being lazy or selective about what orders you grab. Typically I earn more in tips in a 5 day work week than my 40hr check is, and i still make more than I made at a $10/hr job before. There are tons of incentives (Waitr Club). The dashboard operators could be better,they make our jobs difficult sometimes. Management is amazing and very understanding of car probs etc. Flexible scheduling ,and truly the easiest and funnest job I have had in my 38yrs.
Pros
Self Scheduling, Good management, very friendly and positive work enviorment
Cons
No raises based on performance or time put in, no gas reinbursment
Not worth it
Driver (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXAugust 1, 2018
The concept is great but needs a lot of work. The delivery mile radius is much too high.
Most delivery places set a limit of 5-6 miles per delivery zone per restuarant while waitr pushes it up to as high as 12 miles. They do not pay for the drivers gas milage like other companies. The wage without gas milage money or compensation money for when there are no orders is too low to live off for an average person. They advertise that thier drivers make between an average of 13-17 an hour in this area but it is not true at all. The only pro is you pick your own shifts each week & dress code is very lenient. If they paid for gas milage & changed the delivery radius for restuarants itd be a better paying job. This job I would only recommend to people who are looking for extra income each month.
Pros
Benefits, flexible hours
Cons
Low wage, poor management, wear & tear on vehicle, no gas money
Fun but demanding job, great management
Manager (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 4, 2018
This is easily the best company I've ever worked for. From driving and moving into management, I feel like Waitr has been both supportive and empowering to me and many around me. Communication with management is encouraged, and it feels like our opinions are taken very seriously. There is a lot of change, so people who are set in their ways would not find this sort of job good, but for someone who is adaptable, this sort of challenge is incredibly exciting. There are some long hours and you may be on your laptop long past dinner, but overall it's incredibly rewarding seeing your employees succeed and your customers pleased.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, great people to work with, fun company trips
Cons
Work-life balance can be minimal if your market isn't running smooth, communication with other departments can sometimes be difficult
Don't waste your good vibes
Driver (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXAugust 7, 2018
No benefits or perks for p/t drivers. There's no room for advancement unless you're f/t and move to hq. When orders are assigned by dash they don't make logistical sense because they aren't familiar with the area. Major wear on your car; you can easily drive 100 miles in a 5hr shift. No regard for work/life balance; assigning orders after your shift is over or requesting you stay on and "clear the board" The only pro was working for the acm; she cares about drivers.
Pros
weekly pay and cash tips
Cons
work/life balance, lack of promotion, and wear on you car
Very flexible hours, would not recommend as sole employment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LASeptember 18, 2018
The work is easy as long as you do what you're supposed to, and its great for scheduling around school or other employment since you can create your own schedule. Management is also great about working with their employees and keeping a fun/relaxed camaraderie. Very fast paced job on busy nights, and decent tips.
Pros
Make your own schedule, good management, benefits for full time
Cons
Not good for long term or if your car isn't gas efficient, no gas reimbursement
Fast paced and great opportunity for advancement!
City Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 29, 2018
I was a driver for Waitr for ~1 year. It was hard at times and I definitely incurred some expenses related to vehicle maintenance and repair. That said, it was rewarding and I felt that I was paid fairly. As a full time driver, I had access to a variety of healthcare benefits as well as PTO. I was also given the opportunity to advance to a Tech and Marketing Driver role and eventually became a Mentor Driver(all are now considered Lead Drivers). After a year as a driver, I was given the opportunity to relocate and move into a City Manager position and have been a CM for ~1.5 years. While I work a lot of hard hours every week, it is the most rewarding job I have ever had. Working with my driver team as well as my regional and corporate team has been the best work experience of my career. The pay and benefits are very solid and I feel like my work is appreciated. The ability to start as a driver and advance into any number of other positions is one of the very best aspects of Waitr. No matter your background, if you're smart, talented, and dedicated, you have an opportunity to advance yourself and your career.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, Advancement Opportunity
Enjoyable
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSAugust 4, 2018
The job is super easy with few “rules” and those are easy to follow. Meeting many new people every day and making new friends is great but so hard on the vehicle. No real compensation so you have to make sure you save enough to fill up your tank for the week and keep your vehicle in good repair. $5/hr plus tips is not always reliable or enough when you have to rely on customers to provide you with the rest of your paycheck and everyone thinks we are paid $15/hr or the $5 delivery fee they pay goes to us even though it is clearly stated in the app that it does not. Great for a part time job, but wouldn’t use it as your only income.
Pros
Great and fun work environment
Cons
Little to no compensation for gas usage and wear/tear on vehicle
Awesome place to work!!
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lafayette, LADecember 28, 2018
The work environment and energy in the office is amazing and always positive. Everyone is so helpful to each other and everyone works well together. I truly enjoy coming to work every day!
Pros
work environment, management, work life balance, benefits
Waitr driver review
Delivery driver (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 11, 2018
I agree a with other employees and former employees. Pay is not good. Tips are hit and miss. Would be nice to have a mandatory tip percentage. Pay raises if any, are never discussed. 5.00 an hour + mileage reimbursement would probably keep more drivers around as well and slow down the turnover rate. Having a partnership with a company that offers discount car maintenance to drivers would be a nice thing too.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
Fair job for Fair pay
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAJuly 6, 2018
It is overall a decent-paying, fair hours, and fun job. If you are okay with being alone for most of the day and driving a lot, you will like this job. You need your own car though, and they don't pay for your gas so you'll need to be saving up some gas money through the week. You are able to schedule whenever you want to work but there's a minimum requirement of 20 hours for part-time and 30 hours for full-time. Part time receive no benefits, but I've been told full-time receive some benefits. Overall, Waitr is a decent job for someone who is willing to invest their time and vehicle into it.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no gas compensation
Totally not worth it
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 20, 2018
When I started out it was good and I was able to plan out my route accordingly, now they took away the ability to see where were going with orders you can go to a restaurant and only pick up one thing and have to drive about 30 minutes to get to one place. Management doesn’t really care about drivers you can explain to them that you had one bad day and they are not sympathetic towards you, the customer service side doesn’t really help us out anymore because they’re told to not help drivers and pretty much it’s a free-for-all and they are very short on drivers because there are no benefits to this job so a lot of drivers just quit a lot and there’s too much turnaround and thus just get replace like every other week. The culture is pretty much all favorites you can pretty much do the best that you can do but they’ll pick someone else to move up the ladder because they like them instead of actually looking at their skills.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Unsympathetic managers, Childlike culture, wear and tear on your car
Waste of gas and wear and tear on you vehicle
Contract Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 11, 2018
Very stressful, my journey ended with me totaling my vehicle after the gps service ran through the app crashed... very profitable in the beginning, but you are basically working for tips.. if people don’t tip, you don’t get paid.. my last month of work I was paid maybe a total of $300... customers weren’t tipping at all. Like I say I started off making $100 a night and my last month i was making $30 a night and spendig 15 to fill my car up on gas every night that I worked

No benefits, poor management team, after my accident I went another month before anyone from management contacted me after numerous attempts to get in touch with them and their words to me were “when will you be able to return to work?”
Pros
Flexible schedule, weekly pay
Cons
Everything that could possibly go wrong with a delivery job went wrong
Nice People Horrible Pay
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSJanuary 11, 2019
No compensation for fuel
Only $5 per hour
Tips are not mandatory
Deliveries are far beyond normal driving distance
It is very deceptive the advertisement for the job says $17 per hour
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Horrible Pay
no real money made
driver (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 28, 2018
You are constantly driving constantly using gas. Even with a fuel efficient car you are putting serious miles on your vehicle. The pros are setting your own schedule however if you dont choose your own they will choose for you which sucks. The pay is horrible and its constant wear and tear on your vehicle not to mention tires because of many potholes and glass as well as oil changes.
If you have the extra money to spend Id recommend otherwise find something else to do.
Pros
setting own schedule
Cons
no money no benefits
Waste of gas/no benefits
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALDecember 4, 2018
I'm going to try to be 100% unbiased about this. This company offers little to no benefits and puts wear and tear on your vehicle. If you have an older vehicle, or a truck of some sort, it's not worth the gas or risk. The pay is okay if you don't pay attention to the fact that you're not compensated for mileage or the size of an order. I once delivered 4 whole frozen cakes from Mountain Brook, all the way to a secure building downtown and only made $24 in gratuity the whole day (6 deliveries during a 5 hour shift). The rate says $13-$17, but in reality, you are only paid $5/hr plus gratuity. That means, you can find yourself on the south side of Birmingham one minute, then the next, you'll be trying to figure out how you wound up in Pelham. Management is also rude and unresponsive when you try to get in contact with them via one of the many apps the company uses. With a delivery service that you can do in your spare time, for the money, this is worth it, but the only reason I do not recommend is, there is a 20 hour scheduling minimum on for part timers, and a 30 hour minimum for full-timers. This is problem for people that have real jobs to go to. Waitr is not a good company to work for, and when you couple the cons with being forced to work a minimum amount of hours, it ends up not being worth it. I forgot to mention the hours spent sitting in your vehicle early in the morning waiting for something to pop up just because of the scheduling minimums. There's much more to explain, but apply and find out.
Pros
Money
Cons
scheduling minimums/ no mileage pay/ no benefits/ gas & maintenance expenses/ rude management
Why
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 15, 2018
Where in the world can someone live off of $5/hr and have to work X amount of hours for a raise??? Gas prices are way too high nowadays and driving all over the place did serious wear-n-tear to my car. Especially when having to share the road with reckless drivers. I almost got into an accident because of someones reckless driving 4xs while working for Waitr
False Advertising
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALOctober 29, 2018
It said i would have $10+ an hour and when i got into an interview it was only $5 which is not enough to even keep a car running so you would be losing more than you make.
Pros
Meeting Nice People
Cons
No Benefits
Looks good on paper, not in real life.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXMay 19, 2018
The job sounds great in the advertising. They do not tell you that everything that you earn is going to go right back into your gas tank and vehicle maintenance. Tips are a joke, often you will work a shift and, after you replace the gas you used, you realize that you have not made any money at all. The management do not care because if you quit or they fire you, there's another sucker waiting to take your place.
Pros
Meeting new people, work from your own car
Cons
Poor compensation, wear and tear on your car
Good place to work as second job.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAJuly 24, 2018
Waitr is a nice company to work for, as long as it's not your only source of income. They say that there is opportunity to move up but it is rarely seen. You start out at only $5 an hour and you have to buy your own gas and use your own vehicle. It's just not worth it if you dont have a new fuel efficient car.
Pros
You make your own schedule
Cons
No benifits and bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitr Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about