Waitr Inc Employee Reviews

Everything is not for everybody.
Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 23, 2018
Love this job and the experiences that are created. The company is growing and expanding and with each growth there are growing pains. However I do believe this company listens to their employees and try answer their needs.
Pros
Flexible schedulng
Cons
Unpredicatable
Not worth it!!
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 15, 2018
The managers are completely cool and down to earth. But paying for gas and other things that go wrong with your car is all you. The dash support doesn’t do well with drivers. You can’t request orders even though you’re right there. No incentives, no perks and tips are bad.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Terrible damage to car, losing gas money out of your own pockets, dash is rude
Best company to work for!
Customer success Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 15, 2018
I've been working for Waitr for over a year. I've worked as a driver, a CSM (Customer Success Manager), and CSS (Customer Success Supervisor) and have always loved working for this company! The management treats every employee with respect, and the benefits are great. I'd always recommend Waitr to anyone.
Pros
Drivers make their own schedules, great work environment, great management
Easy job in theory but terrible in practice
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 11, 2018
As a driver, you spent most of the day in your car. You went from restaurant to restaurant picking up food, which was often inconvenient because the restaurant would have little to no contact with Waitr management. Although it was a very supportive team environment that I thoroughly enjoyed, it seemed like everyone kept missing some steps here and there. Often, multiple drivers would show up to pick up the same delivery even if it was already assigned. The most enjoyable part for me is seeing the smiling faces of the customers as I delivered their lunches and dinners.
Pros
Make your own schedule
Cons
Time restraints, no gas reembursment
Don't Apply Here
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSApril 10, 2018
Firstly, the pay is only 5.50 an hour plus tips you will not know how much in tips you make until the end of your shift, the hours you can choose don't make any sense and if you work full time you would have to work at least 6 days a week depending on what hours you pick to work and to have a decent paycheck. Also you will have to pay for your own gas and maintenance for your vehicle. The communication with management is poor and they will reply when they feel like it. As I've seen in multiple reviews and i can prove it that you drive over 100 miles a day for basically 4-5 hours and it's really not worth it not even your time, gas, money and mileage.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Broken App, Management, Lack of Communication
The gas and maintenance on your car make the pay terrible
Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXApril 3, 2018
You do get to choose your own shifts which is nice if you need the flexibility. The pay is NOT what they list it as! It’s $5 an hour plus your tips and no compensation for gas or car maintenance. You don’t get to pick which orders you get so you will drive 10 miles for one sandwich or a coffee at times. I got a new car while i was with this company and put 30k miles on it in 10 months. I could go on and on but seriously If you’re wanting a job making tips just wait tables.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Terrible tips, run your car into the ground, spend all your money on gas
Waitr is not for everyone and every car
Driver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, Deer Park, La Porte.March 8, 2018
When you do this job you will be guaranteed 10/hr, but as soon as that promotion is gone you will get around 30 bucks on a 5 hour shift, you HAVE to have a car that does 40+/mpg or you will be paying half towards your gas bill, on my car I spent 20 bucks a day, times 4 that’s 80 a week just on this job. You will drive up to 80-100 miles a day and they won’t pay you for mileage usage.

The people I worked with were great, managers were great no complaints there at all. But this has potential but as stated it depends on what you drive cause you will fork over gas money.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Low pay, Analytics of numbers are way off.
The Company is burning itself to the ground
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Jackson, TXMarch 7, 2018
At first it was great, you could see where orders went before you accepted them. You were able to help DASH (Managers in Lake Charles) with assigning appropriate orders.

Now Dash has been told to ignore request from drivers and pretty much abandon us for the customer service side. we can have drivers who need assistance and could be dying and its still gonna take them forever for one to respond. We can no longer see where orders go before we accept them, which is cool if you followed the rules. but the money making opportunity at this job are slim. ive put over 40,000 miles on my vehicle. for $5 a hour.
Pros
Flexible Shedule, you make your own schedule
Cons
lack of management, promises of healthcare that never comes through, lack of adancement v
Overall good place for part time extra money
Mobile Waiter (Current Employee) –  My house most of the timeMarch 5, 2018
Depending on which city you are working in, WAITR can be a full time type deal or a part time pay for great extra money. I average around 10/hr sometimes higher depending on order volume.

Again it really all depends on your city but they do pay minimum wage so even if you aren't getting orders you are still sitting around getting paid.

Good for getting homework done / learning a new skill / etc..
Pros
Get to know your way around the city / getting paid to be more or less " on call" at times
Cons
Little over minimum wage, if the branch is not established in your city
You're replacing pay with a relaxing work model
Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMarch 2, 2018
Anyone can work here with a clean background, interview was mostly non existent... lasting about 30 seconds. Area manager was friendly, but when asked during the interview about management career paths I was told to just go online and apply... The thing is, I did. I had applied for a corporate level position and was brought in as a driver with no information as to why my applied position was ignored. However, I wanted to give the entry level position a temporary go anyways to get a feel of the company itself. The work model here is fantastic... in the fact that you're driving your own car and somewhat doing what you want as long as you're on a delivery. The absolute deal breaker here is the pay. You make $5/hour Plus tips... Several of my shifts totaled less that $20. Once you do the math and realize you've only made $150-$200 a week after spending 50% of that in fuel, you'll wonder how anyone can even pay bills. Couple the fuel costs with the long term maintenance and you're going broke.
Pros
Relaxing work atmostphere
Cons
Terrible pay, No benefits, Misleading application positions
Fun but super busy
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 28, 2018
Waitr is a good first job. It will definitely put miles on your car and you pay for your own gas but at the end of the week, your check is definitely worth it.
relaxed and you choose your shifts
Driver (Former Employee) –  Mandeville, LAFebruary 25, 2018
Working for waitr was pretty cool. I got to choose what shifts I had and everything was done on these two apps. If it wasn't busy, it would be relaxed and if it was busy, it could be alittle stressful. File your W2 and you can get money back based on the mileage you drove. Most of your pay is tips.
Pros
work at own pace (respectively)
Cons
lots of driving
Well paid and friendly co-workers
WAITR DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXFebruary 23, 2018
The people i worked with were extremely kind and even helped me out quite a few times. The tips were very good and I never had to really complain about any thing.
Pros
Good tips, Friendly customers
Cons
No face to face with mangers, all app based
Working for Waitr was one of the greatest employment opportunities of my career!
City Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 19, 2018
Amazing people who genuinely care about each and every Guest. It's insane how first the customer is with this Company! I learned a ton about myself and what I was truly capable of managerially speaking. I'll take from that experience, endless lessons in business and start-ups. Waitr on!
Pros
Comfortable work atmosphere with amazing advancements to the industry to boot.
Cons
As a City Manager, you will be tasked to always being available to get the job done.
Let me take the company to the next level
No title but put me in managing (Former Employee) –  Lafayette areaFebruary 15, 2018
Seems like a place for me to come and restore faith and profit for all and teamwork. With my skills Attention to Detail
Communication Skills
Computer Skills
Leadership Skills
Logical thinker
Multi-taster
Problem solver
Time management let’s do it
Where should I start?
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 9, 2018
This job is the worst company I've ever worked for. My car has suffered tremendously, the DASH managers can be rude and inconsiderate, you will put almost 100 Miles on your car a day for little pay, and there's like 1 manager managing 700 people. I still haven't received resolution to a problem about payroll!
Pros
Making your own schedule
Cons
Low pay, too much wear and tear on your car, poor management.
Don't waste your time and money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Covington, Mandeville, Madisonville, La.February 8, 2018
To start with I had to give them One 🌟 rating. Because of Indeeds rating scale. Should have been a Negative 🌟. With the new app all you will do is spend more money on gas and maintenance on your car and run it in the ground PERIOD !!!!!! The way the management runs the company is all WRONG !!! If you try to talk to them all they will do is fire you and hire someone else. The driver's are indispensable. But as word gets around no one will want to work for them. So my best advice I can give you is to look elsewhere for a job where you will be appreciated.
Pros
Make your own schedule.
Cons
You will not make the money they say you will.
Logistics are non-existent
Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAFebruary 4, 2018
Here are several examples of how Waitr is built on the backs of (often ignorant) drivers:

Customers could order from a chain restaurant miles away when there was one right next door. (Owners know and don’t care)

They would try and make you take orders up to 10 miles away (ONE WAY!) even though by the time you would have gotten there, several other drivers who were closer would have finished a delivery and could have taken it quicker. Delivery areas are absurdly large (Owners know and don’t care). Cities need to be sub-divided into smaller working sections. They will send you ANYWHERE in the city if it’s for the good of the company. Half hour round trip to deliver coffee? No problem, Waitr says, our drivers need money and many can’t find other work, they’ll HAVE to do it.

Office staff (Dash) occasionally demonstrated a complete lack of reasoning ability when assigning orders and would sometimes clearly use horrible order assignments as ‘revenge’ if you questioned anything.

Delivery distances were ‘as the crow flies’ and completely igonored actual drive time.

Oh yeah, and they’ll blow sunshine up all the drivers’ butts until each one begins to figure it out on their own.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Children working “logistics”
It use to be worth it.
Driver Helper (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 2, 2018
When I first started, the app allowed drivers to see what they would be picking up and where it would be going. This way, drivers could attempt to pick up orders that were close and of a large quantity so the tip would be higher. The smaller orders with maybe one or two items that no one wanted would get assigned to a driver ( so it’s not like they were not furfilled ) but this way the driver could attempt to get a good amount of orders in. After an update, this information was no longer visible until after you accept the order. I work in Shreveport and the drivers in this city have all seen a decline in pay since the app update. Before I could support myself with Waitr. Now I am forced to get a new job because I am making half the money I previously did.
Pros
Schedule your own hours, in multiple cities
Cons
Ruins your car, base pay is low!
I lasted 6 months
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALJanuary 31, 2018
This company has the bare minimum to operate. The HR department is practically non-existent; it will take an act of God to get in touch with them. The company does not reward drivers for the work they do to keep up with the high demand and the marketing team adds restaurants just to increase revenue without considering the radius drivers have to travel to get to these locations. The last straw for me was finding out that only salaried employees are eligible to purchase stock in the company. If you're in need of quick money and can't find a job, this is the only reason I would recommend this company.
Pros
Easy to get hired
Cons
poor management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitr Inc. Our community is ready to answer.