Waitr Inc
54Below average

Waitr Inc Employee Reviews

United States463 reviews
Featured review
Waitr Inc selected this as a representative review
Great job and flexible hours. Independence and respectful. Always encouraging and helpful. Everyone is nice and management provides professional atmosphere
For the most part, everyone gets along with each other. The supervisors and managers are all really great and nice. You can always ask questions and feel welcomed. Your achievements don't go unnoticed like in most work places. Not the best company altogether, but really no company is. Overall, a great job with great people.
Pros
Work from home, fair policies
Cons
hard to communicate ideas and feedback to upper management
I was a food photographer, with what I was told, a “long future” at the company. It was an absolute dream job, I always miss it. It just didn’t pan out tho.
Pros
Flexible schedule and great pay
Cons
Lack of professional future
Waitr is currently involved in a class action lawsuit for violating the Fair Labor Standards Act. They do not compensate you for car expenses and gas AT ALL. Even with decent tips you will end up making next to nothing.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
You wont make money
I have been working with Waitr as a Customer Support Rep for 2 months now and I love the work. It's great helping customers and solving problems all day. It's also wonderful that the company understands the need for us to Work From Home during this time, at the very least. Starting pay that you can actually survive with and opportunity for raises and promotions through the company.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
It’s a great job if you like driving a lot! It is super easy to figure out as long as you’re tech savvy and it’s super easy to make money. I recommend this job to anyone!
This company is very generous with my time and my gas. I wish they would let us know BEFORE we accept an order that the drop is farther than usual.
And to receive tips before the every 2 week payday, Waitr uses a company called DailyPay. I swear this is the most inconsistent company on the market. You may or may not get your money. It just depends. On what? I'm still not quite sure. And it's never the correct percentage of the tips I've earned.
This used to be one of the best side job companies around. Now all they do is lie to their drivers. It is just beer money for me at this point. That is about all you can expect from them. DO NOT BELIEVE ANYTHING THEY TELL YOU. Even the restaurants do not like them anymore. If they don't care about you, how can they expect you to care about them.
Drivers tend to get looked over even though they are the most important to the operations of Waitr. Communication needs to improve big time! Waitr needs to compensate some vehicle expenses.
Pros
Flexible hours, cash tips/credit card tips, remote, be out in the community, socialization
Cons
Bad communication, not always tipped, low hourly pay, poor management
Not enough pay for the wear and tear on your personal vehicle. This company doesn’t want to help you if something happens and you can’t work your schedule
if you go on vacation and get stuck they add points to your employee profile then fire you. They have moved to contract drivers so its no longer per hour it is now per delivery
Pros
youre own boss
Cons
youll get fired if you cant return home
Some orders have been placed up to an hour before being suggested to the drivers . Making the driver responsible for the late delivery look very bad at doing it’s job .
There is absolutely no support for drivers. You know how you feel when contacting a customer service for a company & you get someone that doesn’t speak English or they keep transferring the call to someone else or no one answers? Well this company is worse! They just don’t reply at all or if they finally do , you receive a note making you feel you totally just bothered them with no answer to your questions.

Condense the five different applications into 1
they company constantly makes drastic changes without any notice. These changes affect salary and work safety. They often put you in "lose/lose" situations.
I working for waitr during the winter last year to keep money flowing in from not running my lawn care business during the summer. It was by far the worst place I have ever worked for. Pay was not good. Tips were ok. Had good days and bad days. Dispatch assigns you orders right at the end of hour shift. When you tell them you can’t do it cause it’s at the end of your shift they tell you “you are the best option for this order” I would not recommend working for this place.
Very easy delivery food service job I ever worked! Very polite ppl if you have a problem with the order they’ll help u fix. Always make sure the customer is happy and want to order again in the near future
There was not anyone watching over me while I was working. But manager was available 24/7. Also if you had difficulties while on the clock there was someone you could message. It was a live feed message board. Also could message before your shift, privately in case you could make it.
I see a lot of people complaining but I love the fact that i can pick what area of town i choose to deliver to, i can pick the shifts i want to work and the days. Yes some of the jobs are not enough money but that’s because some people do not tip. However you have the choice to accept the delivery or not. When it gets very busy they offer “Surge” pay as incentive for us to work more. If you are a mom or someone that values their family time this is a great job!
Pros
Flexibility, Volunteering in the Community
Cons
I have no cons.
Management and dispatchers don't care about drivers health and well being once they got the okay to be considered as essential it was business as usual
AI dispatcher now assigns orders from far distances because converted independent contractors reject those orders which are then pawned and forced on still w2 employees they were giving out only face masks when grubhub is giving masks sanitizer and gloves
Ours impossible to get management to respond to issues. Dispatchers are remote only and have no clue what's going on in your city. They give you multiple orders from different locations, and you get in trouble of things aren't delivered on time
This job was fine until they changed everything. This company does not care about you one bit. You will sit in a parking lot right next to a restaurant that is offering an order and they will assign it to someone across town. Management doesn’t care. No one cares. Currently looking for a new job
Pros
Make your own hours
Cons
Favoritism. Rude management. Company does not care about you. Dysfunctional app system.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waitr Inc. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2