Wake County Government Employee Reviews

Program Specialist
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 2, 2018
Assist personnel with any issues they are having with the New NCFAST system Collaborate with other offices to resolves issues and put new policies into place.
Master Detention Officer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 25, 2018
This job entails working around inmates daily. Decent pay and benefits. My job requires extensive attention to details. I work M-F 7-4, however there are various shifts in the detention division. Must be willing to work 12 hour shifts typically 0700-1900 or 1900-0700
It ok
North Carolina (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 21, 2018
It was ok i would reccomend better pay in pto and vacation pay i felt like i did just as much wrk as the other employment and got paid way less than them
Pros
Time of work
Cons
They pay rate
Worst place ever to work!!!
Human Services Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2018
Stay away. Incompetent management. Uneducated supervisors. Managers are bullied and will bully you on the job. Don’t work here. You will develop health issues due to the amounts of stress.
Be a Member of the Community
Library Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 19, 2018
My favorite thing about working for Wake County is how close to the community I felt. I formed strong relationships with our customers, and was supported by management to do so.

Benefits, while not perfect, were fair-to-good and I felt well-compensated for my work.
Not a good place to work
North Carolina (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 7, 2018
If you don't fit in right away you're as good as gone. Management doesn't appreciate you. Old systems, always afraid to do something new. You are accused of things you don't do and penalized for them. Not a good place to work. Lots of turnover.
Caseworker Adult Medicaid
HS Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 6, 2018
I did not have a good experience working at Wake County. I found that the “rules” are not applied equally to all employees. Human Resources are not there for the employees they usually protect the supervisors, trainers, and managers. Supervisors have gotten away with having DUIs and criminal charges yet, they have shown me that they are not willing to make adjustments for certain caseworkers when it comes to minor non criminal situations. IT IS ALL A POPULARITY CONTEST.
Pros
Decent pay and benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunity for advancement, Terrible Management
Worst place I have ever worked.
Elections Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2018
Management is a disaster. Poor planning, culture of abuse and driving people down. No leadership or management skills at even a base level. Bring issue forward and you were ignored. Week later the presented the same issue as something they discovered and you failed to address. Could not be happier to be out of that toxic environment. Other department I am sure are much better. BOE is a train wreck.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Garbage management.
Very stressful, toxic system
Child Protection Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 24, 2018
Wake County fosters a system of mistrust. The rules and expectations are not consistent, depends on who likes you and not voicing any opinions. Politics create a stressful work environment.
Pros
Health insurance coverage
Cons
dysfunctional, inequality
Great People, No Job Advancement
Business Auditor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 22, 2018
I ultimately left as I did not see a career path for advancement nor was the work I was doing challenging. Management was nice and work/life balance was great.
Productive task
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 21, 2018
Great training, flexibility, and awesome co workers. Excellent job, co workers, staff, and overall pretty good. Benefits great, job opportunities. Communication is pretty good.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Na
Fast Paced Work Environment
Deputy (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 3, 2018
I enjoyed working at WCSO. I moved to the Raleigh area and once I applied at the dept. I was contacted immediately and was processed quickly for the position I was hired for.
Pros
Staff and Leadership
Cons
n/a
good place
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 27, 2018
very nice place to work must be a people person in order to work with the public because people have different attitudes and you have to understand how to work with that. overall the employees were nice
Good staff to work with
Human Service Human Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Zebulon, NCApril 26, 2018
Extra long hours supervisor was not supportive but staff worked well together and was supportive with other staff caseloads. Enjoy working with staff and the children.
Pros
lunch and time off
Cons
high caseloads
Great Benefits
Senior Accounting Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 26, 2018
Wake County offers great benefits, including Medical/Dental/Vision, 401K and paid time off. It does not, however offer great compensation. It is very difficult to move to a different position within Wake County.
Benefits
Cons
Compensation/Pay
typical day at work
Victim Witness Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
Working for Wake county, one must be able to handle very fast working pace, be able to communicate well, be organized and be a multitasker. The work place culture is a mixture of a little bit of everything.
Pros
days office
Very laid back
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 17, 2018
Wake County EMS was a very laid back place to work. You were giving your assignments and explained how to complete them. The hardest part of the job was, there was no room for advancement
Great Temporary job
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 9, 2018
Great place to work giving the temporary position I was filling. Management was nice, PE's and other staff were helpful and easy to work with. I learned a lot about he permitting process.
Great Experience
PrEP Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2018
This was a great experience for me, and I was so sad to have to leave. The environment tin the clinic was very nice, everyone was friendly and knowledgeable and about helping the community.
Stress but good benefits
Human Service Senior Practitioner (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 3, 2018
Position requires a lot of work. The chance to burnout is real. I enjoy working with families and making a difference in their lives. Would recommend if you can deal with stress