Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Good working environment. I enjoyed working at WFBH.
Resource Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 13, 2018
I had several jobs at Wake Forest Baptist Hospital. The last job I had was financial counselor and I interviewed people with no insurance to help find funding for health needs. I also estimated procedure costs for incoming surgeries and calculated patient cost after insurance paid. Then I made patient contact to make payment arrangements.
Utd
RN, Medical-Surgical (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 9, 2018
Great Hospital to work at ,except when it comes to management not supporting their Staff . Some management are awesome ,a few are very partial to others .
Pros
great experiences
Cons
management at times, doesn't listen to staff Nursing assistants
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with and the patients .
Patience Service Cordinator (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCAugust 8, 2018
I started at Wake Forest Baptist on 12/14 /1998 .. I enjoyed the different departments I worked in . I was able to be a Unit Secretary in Icu from the floor to medical records to Hearing and Speech . Was at the Access Center from 2014 to July 31 2018. They ask me for a meeting and then they went back to my desk and brought my purse and phone . Then had me come meet them later to get my personal stuff .
Pros
Hour lunches
Cons
10 min
Excellent Opportunity
Weekend Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pediatric Emergency Department Winston-SalemAugust 6, 2018
Excellent Opportunity to work with different people and different types of patients. The large facility is conducive to seeing several populations of patients.
Good experience when you in school
Certified Nursing Assistant, 4 Ardmore Neurology (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 6, 2018
The hardest shift was when you do not have enough CNA and you were the only one in the floor .Great experiences working with nurses and other health care staff.
n/a
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 3, 2018
Work day starts at 8 am and ends at 5 pm. I learned how to use a new software to make travel arrangements and how to do credentialing. Management was fair and consistent. Hardest part of the job was keeping up with the ever changing schedules of the physicians that I worked with. The most enjoyable part was working with nurse practitioners; they taught me a lot.
Stressful workplace. Low staff
Patient Nutrition Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 31, 2018
Stressful. The hardest part of the job was going to work and hoping everyone shows up for their shift. Management was always on vacation and they would spread the work place issues each employee had with the other employees instead of reducing the situation.
Pros
Cons
Low staff
Fast pace environment and sometimes alittle stress
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 31, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of cleaning all patients rooms as well as discharges. I learned how to properly clean a discharge and sat back up for the next patient. My Boss was extremely helpful whenever you were falling behind or needed help she assisted. The job is very diverse and has a positive vibe. The hardest part of the job is doing 20 rooms on the weekend and double the supports. The most enjoyable part was patients.
Pros
Nice patients
Cons
weekends workload
good staff bad management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 30, 2018
pool communication against management good staff bad management,i never got a health insurance or pay benefit,no pay time off.supervisor always late he never been on time
Registered Nurse, Float Pool Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 30, 2018
Great place to work, working as a team to give excellent patient care. The hardest part of the job, is not been able to cure every patient. The enjoyable part of the job is the joy of helping a patients get back to their functional state.
Very good
1st Shift Surgical Services Shift Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 29, 2018
I️ have really enjoyed and benefitted greatly from the experience gained at WFUBMC. The organization works very hard to equip employees to excel within their profession.
Pros
Mentor opportunities and opportunities for growth
Poorly Managed Department
Patient Services (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 27, 2018
I've worked for Baptist for several years. The department is managed poorly. If you not in the in crowd there is no chance for advancement. The workplace culture is horrible, they don't appreciate their employees. The absolute worse job I've ever had.
Pros
Cons
employees under appreciated
Great pay
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 27, 2018
Most people employed at WFUBMC were not happy with their jobs. Most staff members do not plan on staying there long term. Management was not always readily available.
Family atmosphere
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 24, 2018
Working at WFBMC for as long as I did felt like I was part of a family. We worked well together to ensure the clinic ran smoothly and beneficial for the patients.
Pros
401K and life insurance benefits
Advancement
Payroll Technician II (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 24, 2018
Great company to work for and will continue as long as possible due to the benefits and growth within the company. Would definately recommend this company to others coming in to Winston salem NC.
Great place for advancement
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NC 28659July 20, 2018
Might not have been the place for me but im sure you can find your place here. great room to grow, learn and find your place. Many jobs in this line of work.
Pros
advancementg
Cons
issues in managment
Na
Patient Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 16, 2018
I have worked at Wake Forest Baptist for about 3 years. The Benefits are good but once you dig deeper into the department it is not an environment you want to work in. You will feel under appreciated. So many people are unhappy being there. Rules change on a weekly basis. Management is not all together on t hings.
No Organization or Structure
Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 9, 2018
Great program to work with as they focus on the patient's need. Loved the interaction with patients. As with most department's all have their faults and needs for significant improvement.
Pros
Working hours
Cons
Lack of communication and team players
Loved having new patients everyday
Certified Nursing Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 1, 2018
I worked in trauma and pediatric oncology so I I had a wide range of patients. I enjoyed the skills I received in trauma and loved building relationships with pediatric oncology patients. I did my job to up most of my ability and always gave 110%. I left my patients happy, clean and well taken care of.
Pros
The relationships, the three day work week, and the people I worked with
Cons
suffering children
Working At Baptist
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 27, 2018
Working at Baptist was nice. It was close to home, but my most enjoyable part of being there was the interaction I had with the Patients. Making sure that they felt comfortable and at ease while they were on dialysis. That's what mattered to me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Forest Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight