Wake Forest Baptist Health Employee Reviews

Registered Nurse- Interventional Radiology (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCFebruary 12, 2019
I have been working here at Baptist for 9 years. Looking for Nurse Practitioner position since recently graduated from Nurse Practitioner program. Would love to continue to work for Baptist Hospital.
A great place to work, mission oriented.
Associate Director, Facility Services (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 8, 2019
Every day at work was busy from the time you reported in until the end of the work day. You felt as though you did a good days work, you contributed, you earned your pay.
Pros
A great place to work, we were family
Cons
If you really need a Job its a decent place to start
Patient Transporter & Valet (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2019
They have a decent benefits package. They pay more than the minimum wage. Sometimes you meet really nice people. No job is perfect so you have the make the best out of what you have.
Working 8 hours a day scheduling
Radiology Assistant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 3, 2019
Worked 8 hours a day scheduling radiology appointments. Scheduling Ultra sounds, breast screening, MRI, Also worked in Telemetry and Physical Therapy.
Pros
Worked at home on bad weather days
Productive, Fun, Loving enviornment
Patient Access Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Winston Salem NCJanuary 24, 2019
Can be stressful, long hold time in some departments, Quality is always maintained daily. Taking patient calls and helping patient , making them smile and giving them a sense of caring while on the phone.
Pros
Team effort and working together to accoplisha a task is great!
Cons
Nurse are not friend and always finding things wrong
Generic Review of Critical Care Areas
Physician Assistant III, Critical Care (Current Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Critical care is a very demanding area. Certainly each facility has its ups and downs. Not sure how this location compares with others as my experience with other facilities in this capacity is limited. I've had the autonomy that I desire, I've been challenged and supported.
Pros
Autonomy, Culture for Learning, Location/Cost of Living
Cons
Work/Life Balance, Scheduling, Compensation/Benefits
Very fast paced working environment
Pharmacy Technician II (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 18, 2019
There are always opportunities for you to grow and improve your career. There are various pharmacies on campus to learn different skills to further your career.
Depends on your area
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 14, 2019
I had a miserable experience at one of their smaller clinics. Not only was I bored to tears, but the manager had some of the poorest skills I've seen in my career. The man actually created drama and pit employees against each other. He thought nothing of cornering me in his office to be rude and condescending. One of the docs and I ended up being fairly good friends and he left within six weeks of me leaving. That clinic was toxic. I ended up filing a formal complaint against the manager because I'd never seen anything so blatantly unprofessional in my life.

Wake is entirely too huge to be able to offer quality medical care. That's my honest opinion. Patients can't reach their physicians, they fall through the cracks, every incoming phone call goes through a call center instead of directly to the office. There's no organization to it at all. I was expected to sit around twiddling my thumbs and that's not me. I ended up leaving because there was absolutely no future there, no challenge to my job, and the manager was a bully. Not my style at my age and definitely not the kind of quality medical care I'm accustomed to providing.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything else
Learning and fun environement
Patient Experiene Aanalyst (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 13, 2019
Academic environment, offering a learning opportunity
on every level. Fair and equal employment opportunities
within the medical center.
Most areas operate outside silos and are open to creative ways to lead.
Good job
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2019
Enjoy Unit and staff. Lots of direct patient care. Room for advancement. Like time off, due to 3 shifts a week. Would recommend to new Nurses. Lots of walking.
Pros
Staff support
Cons
Not 40 hours.
at Wake
Security Officer- Winston (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJanuary 4, 2019
the work environment at wake forest baptist is average until you factor in the cut throat employees vying for attention from a manager that only takes care of their friends. then you have a stressful day of avoiding confrontations and balancing the ability to properly do your job.
Unattractive wages
MLS(ASCP) Generalist (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 3, 2019
The company is very top heavy and does not spend enough attention focusing on the middle class of the company. which is why our salaries are not comparable of fair.
Great!
Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 30, 2018
Wonderful! Wake Forest Baptist Hospital was one of my favorite places to work. Granted there are 100s, 1000s, of jobs within their system, but my experience with them was wonderful
Clinicals
Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 30, 2018
This is where I worked during my clinicals in Phlebotomy. I worked 40-44 hrs. per week during this time. It was a nice place to work, great locations in Winston Salem
Security isterrible job
Set u up for failure.
Stay away.
Just trust me.
Believe me...!
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
No lunch, no breaks, terrible pay, stupid management.
Not great.
NA 2 (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2018
For a place that is supposedly the 2nd best hospital in the state, there is very poor teamwork, staffing is not good, and they wont work with your home life balance.
Has the potential
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 15, 2018
Could be far worse, has the potential to be FAR better, OUTSTANDING even!
Employee motivations and attitudes roll down hill from management, so when the management does not care, thus the employee will not.
not employee oriented
CMA (Current Employee) –  NCDecember 11, 2018
When WFBN took over our practice, they made the transition very difficult for a lot of employees. Without getting into specifics, I'm going to give an overview of what took place. In the first few weeks, we were not given access to certain parts of epic until we had the "training", although that specific job may have been our duty within the previous company. Without this access, we were severely disabled to do our job duties. 3 months in, the rules have changed and now everyone can do this duty without the "training" that was required. Managers were shifted around or put in administrative positions without even given a reason as to why these changes were taking place. All this was done without a warning or any kind of notice. As far as the pay goes, I can't give a fair assessment in this short amount of time but can say that we do get a pay increase for the cost of living. So far, that is it. I am very disappointed to say the least in how we are being treated during this transition. I have worked for UNC and Cone during their transition of buying offices out but did not have a bad experience as I have with WFBN.
I learned a lot from the doctors and the nurses that I work with.
CNAII (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2018
Great environment with my Dr.s and Nurses. There is a lot you can learn just being in the out pt setting. You get to meet and bond with different people from all over
Pros
Employee discounts, great benefits
Cons
Too many young people who dont want to work. Always on cell phones
Depends on your floor
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 4, 2018
Depending on the floor you work on depends on a burn out. Very understaffed with some nurses having 6 or 7 patients which is not safe. Chagre nurse also has patients to look after as well.
Pros
great coworkers
Cons
understaffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Forest Baptist Health. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.6Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight