Wake Forest University Employee Reviews

Student
Consecutive Interpreter and Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest UniversityJuly 22, 2018
Wake Forest University is a great university on the east coast. The intelligent faculty and staff, hard-working students, amazing buildings at Wake attract a great number of students.
Wake Forest Student Recreation
Head Boxing Coach (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2018
It was a great pleasure and honor to coach the Wake Forest Boxing Club for five years. Being able to direct these young adults to building healthy habits physically, socially with their peers and in the local underprivileged community. This opportunity gave me a great sense of self worth as I seen the inner city youth I also work with develop greater aspirations that they may not have had without interaction with collegiate athletes.
Wake Forest University Associate Professor, Winston-Salem, NC
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC 27103July 9, 2018
I began working at WFU in the Counseling Department in 1999. For the most part, I have enjoyed and thrived in my position as Counselor Educator.
A typical workday involve teaching classes, teaching online classes, supervising, and research. We also have several departmental and committee meetings.
The workplace culture has been affected by changes in management (department chair) and the rapid growth of faculty.
The hardest part of the job is selecting priorities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching. I have received 3 university teaching awards.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
Lack of transparency, heavy work load
Not a bad place to work
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2018
decent place to work great team to work with, just wish we had a little more support behind use.and more communication with management to workers the would be great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
under appreciated
Productive and friendly environment
Inorganic Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 12, 2018
Wake Forest University is an amazing place to work. It is full of great mentorship and opportunities. As an Wake Forest alumni I am very proud of my alma mater.
Fun workplace
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2018
During my time working in the Wake Forest Athletic department, I was able to build good relationships with my fellow interns and co-workers. Even though the internship wasn't paid, I was able to build connections and personal relationships.
Pros
Ability to build connections
Cons
Not-paid
Good Enviornment for Student Workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 25, 2018
Plenty of opportunities for students to work and interact with faculty. Also, possibilities for students to take on leadership roles. Work environment is friendly and non-discriminatory
I worked as a contractor for WFU and had a positive experience
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 13, 2018
Positive experience - I worked briefly as a freelance writer for WFU's Baptist Hospital and was impressed with the organization and those I worked with.
Great to work as a student assistant in the ZSR Library
Student Library Employee (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 29, 2018
This is a great position to have as a student while studying at Wake Forest. It is not a complicated job but gives you a chance to develop some customer service experience and make a little money.
Not a good place to work at this time
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem North CarolinaApril 20, 2018
Used to be a good place to work but not now. Too many overturns. I think they are downsizing with employees.they stopped 3rd shift which I thought was a bad idea.
Fun place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 20, 2018
Great environment to work with. Good benefits, good life-work balance. People are nice and it is a great place to learn new things.Opportunity to work on multi-projects.
productive and family oreinted
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 25, 2018
just not enough pay, been there five yrs in catering and not really paid what i know and others around me know that i am worth. not really much else other than what i stated before
Pros
yes food
Cons
bias, they bring in friends to work over picking an already employed person to move up
Prepares you for the real-world
Graduate Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Wake has some really caring and loving people who only want to help you grow and develop into the person you were meant to be. Although stressful and demanding, there is the greatest opportunity for growth.
Productive and Fun
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Great working environment for research. Innovation Quarter is a pristine place to work, and the area in Winston-Salem is experiencing quite the rebith.
fun to work at the sporting events
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 9, 2018
it was a fun fast paced environment serving food and drinks to college students and families at wake forest sporting events. worked with nice christian people and always had a good time.
It was good for part time
Cook Lead (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2017
Partime it was ok no benefits i already had alot of experience so i really didnt leatn snything new demands were very stranious and no team work at all
Not good place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Inpatient Rehab. Sticht CenterNovember 30, 2017
Inpatient Rehab. department (Sticht Center) I worked for less than 90 days before resigning,was not a great experience. Too many staffers there caused continued problems in the department. When I first started I was told to avoid certain staff members(Nurses and NA's) I tried to not listen to what was told to me, but I now understand what was told to me is TRUE. I was told that I was the problem, because I was quiet and tried to stay out of the employees gossip of each other and the gossip of the Manager. I felt the Manager was AWESOME. I saw NOTHING wrong with our Manager. But, observed mistrust , and false statements made not only of me but of others in the department.by many the staff. These staff members would try to blame others for the way they would behave. They would create false statements and pretend that it is others that are the problem, and have other staff in agreement. I have expressed these problems as well and finally decided this job was not suitable for me. We all have personal problems, but when someone try to blame your personal problems because they are not happy in their working conditions, then it"s TOO much to handle. Anyone, that knows me knows I'm not a difficult person to work with and I have several notes and comments written by past employers and ex-co workers (nurses) to prove this.
Pros
Excellent Manager
Cons
Mistrusting, gossiping staff.
Great, corgial environment to work at
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 9, 2017
After being an IT consultant, and needing to re-evaluate things, the Wake Forest environment has been a pleasant change. Management is wonderful and I am learning to work in a different application environment with different systems. Very pleasing.
Wake forest is a wonderful university to attend, but job wise there are some complications
Light and Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  Music departmentNovember 2, 2017
Wake forest University has recently had problems with miscommunication. But other than that, working in the music department has been hectic but rewarding.
Pros
Friendly co workers, pay, environment
Cons
Miscommunication, unorganized
Good
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 23, 2017
Good work-life balance as an intern. Offered me healthcare which was an extremely nice perk for a part-time job and paid $10/hour even to attend events/lectures relevant to my position.