Wake Forest University Employee Reviews

Great to work as a student assistant in the ZSR Library
Student Library Employee (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 29, 2018
This is a great position to have as a student while studying at Wake Forest. It is not a complicated job but gives you a chance to develop some customer service experience and make a little money.
Not a good place to work at this time
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem North CarolinaApril 20, 2018
Used to be a good place to work but not now. Too many overturns. I think they are downsizing with employees.they stopped 3rd shift which I thought was a bad idea.
Fun place to work
Research Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMarch 20, 2018
Great environment to work with. Good benefits, good life-work balance. People are nice and it is a great place to learn new things.Opportunity to work on multi-projects.
productive and family oreinted
Catering Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 25, 2018
just not enough pay, been there five yrs in catering and not really paid what i know and others around me know that i am worth. not really much else other than what i stated before
Pros
yes food
Cons
bias, they bring in friends to work over picking an already employed person to move up
Prepares you for the real-world
Graduate Hall Director (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 19, 2018
Wake has some really caring and loving people who only want to help you grow and develop into the person you were meant to be. Although stressful and demanding, there is the greatest opportunity for growth.
Productive and Fun
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 11, 2018
Great working environment for research. Innovation Quarter is a pristine place to work, and the area in Winston-Salem is experiencing quite the rebith.
fun to work at the sporting events
Concession Stand Worker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 9, 2018
it was a fun fast paced environment serving food and drinks to college students and families at wake forest sporting events. worked with nice christian people and always had a good time.
It was good for part time
Cook Lead (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 18, 2017
Partime it was ok no benefits i already had alot of experience so i really didnt leatn snything new demands were very stranious and no team work at all
Not good place to work
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Inpatient Rehab. Sticht CenterNovember 30, 2017
Inpatient Rehab. department (Sticht Center) I worked for less than 90 days before resigning,was not a great experience. Too many staffers there caused continued problems in the department. When I first started I was told to avoid certain staff members(Nurses and NA's) I tried to not listen to what was told to me, but I now understand what was told to me is TRUE. I was told that I was the problem, because I was quiet and tried to stay out of the employees gossip of each other and the gossip of the Manager. I felt the Manager was AWESOME. I saw NOTHING wrong with our Manager. But, observed mistrust , and false statements made not only of me but of others in the department.by many the staff. These staff members would try to blame others for the way they would behave. They would create false statements and pretend that it is others that are the problem, and have other staff in agreement. I have expressed these problems as well and finally decided this job was not suitable for me. We all have personal problems, but when someone try to blame your personal problems because they are not happy in their working conditions, then it"s TOO much to handle. Anyone, that knows me knows I'm not a difficult person to work with and I have several notes and comments written by past employers and ex-co workers (nurses) to prove this.
Pros
Excellent Manager
Cons
Mistrusting, gossiping staff.
Great, corgial environment to work at
IT Consultant (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 9, 2017
After being an IT consultant, and needing to re-evaluate things, the Wake Forest environment has been a pleasant change. Management is wonderful and I am learning to work in a different application environment with different systems. Very pleasing.
Wake forest is a wonderful university to attend, but job wise there are some complications
Light and Sound Technician (Current Employee) –  Music departmentNovember 2, 2017
Wake forest University has recently had problems with miscommunication. But other than that, working in the music department has been hectic but rewarding.
Pros
Friendly co workers, pay, environment
Cons
Miscommunication, unorganized
Good
Administrative Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 23, 2017
Good work-life balance as an intern. Offered me healthcare which was an extremely nice perk for a part-time job and paid $10/hour even to attend events/lectures relevant to my position.
Wake Forest University is a very special place!
Director of Broadcasting (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest, NCSeptember 23, 2017
A very professional and family atmosphere that was a big part of my career. I was there for 6 years (1990-96) and enjoyed everything about it.

I worked for an associate athletic director as well as the athletic director and the leadership was outstanding.
I am a student athlete at Wake Forest
Leader/Varsity Athlete (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 10, 2017
I am a student athlete working early mornings and late nights to get to where I need to be in life. I manage my time well and work well with others. I have the ability to work very well under stressful situations. My workplace is a high intensity type of culture. The most enjoyable part of my job is the hard work it is taking to get to the next level. I have learned that anything worth having is worth fighting for.
Pros
Meeting a ton of great people
Cons
Always wanting to do more
Excellent place to work
Assistant Football Coach (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 7, 2017
All of the support for chances to be successful are there for you. Overall great leadership and excellent work environment. Support from fans and administration are excellent.
Great overall school
Assistant Dean of Development (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 2, 2017
Overall, a very good university making a positive difference in the lives of many. Learned a great deal from my manager and other colleagues that was beneficial in many ways.
Great place to work!
Events & Special Projects Mgr, Provost Office (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 22, 2017
Good people who work to make the University a better place all the time. There is pride in working there. People/employees/faculty/students all love this place. It's beautiful and the environment makes you feel like family.
Pros
You feel part of a better world there. People work together.
Cons
It's not in a big city.
A fulfilling work environment that encouraged exploration and experimentation
Academic Counselor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 22, 2017
Working at Wake Forest University involved learning in class, but also learning at work. My different bosses encouraged me to pursue theoretical understandings of the work I was doing, and then experimenting with those new techniques and strategies in tutoring sessions until I developed a tutoring style that was distinctly my own. My managers also encouraged collaborative work, and actively engaging student concerns and questions for their sake, and for my own development.
The most enjoyable part of the work was a dynamic, loosely structured work environment that presented new, interesting challenges that demanded new, interesting solutions
Pros
Engaging work environment, and plenty of opportunities to learn
Cons
Hour cap at 30 hours a week
true facts about wake forest
Groundskeeper (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCJuly 9, 2017
i rather not say wont be good,just a number of things mainly with the people who worked their.
My thing is i dont really push for temporary work but i took it at the time because i was desperate.
Preferably i would not want to work their ever again and room for advancement ,dont see it unless you know someone or have funds.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Generally a good environment
Senior Database Administrator, IS (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 7, 2017
Untrained managers make this a challenging place to work. While technically competent there is very little management training or people skills. Benefits are good and people are easy to work with.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
limited management skill