Wake Forest University Employee Reviews

Development Analyst (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 7, 2018
A nice place to work, nice facilities. A lot of Wake Forest pride, especially in academic excellence and national ratings. Supports Wake Forest graduates most.
Time consuming, good colleagues and students
Visiting Assistant Professor of Mathematcs (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCDecember 1, 2018
I taught 3 classes, 2 sections of Calculus I and 1 section of Discrete Mathematics. Twelve hours of in class teaching per week, 4 office hours per week.
Research Intern (Former Employee) –  Salem, NCNovember 30, 2018
Good place to work, temporal job, facilities were in outstanding shape and cafeteria was nice with a long menu and different options from vegan to more greasy and once per week type of meals.
Good job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 14, 2018
Good job experience. I learned a lot. The staff was great. The workplace had a good environment. The African culture was excellent. Working at a college was great.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Great
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCNovember 7, 2018
It was a great experience for teaching at this university..Folks are so kind. The dept was a disarray and people are a bit disconnected from the whole system..
Its fun and somtimes stressful
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 28, 2018
Overall its a ok place to work. Somtimes it can be very stressful working in the dorms where kids are living on a daily basis. The Residents are very thankful for what you do.
harvest table
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCOctober 25, 2018
hardest would be getting goo hours and keeping them also having to pay to park or u will be booted free parking spots are far away

people are great people and the students become like family

new management team is good now
Pros
the pit has free food
Cons
cant eat no where else but the pit for free
Nice place to work
Inventory Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCSeptember 26, 2018
The job was ok not the best if I was not a temp the job will fit me good but it’s a lot of work and walking through out the day. As long as you do your job wake forest is not a bad place to work.
Wfu
Head Coach Masters Swimming (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 16, 2018
Excellent experience. Top quality people. Great campus with top notch faculty and staff. Excellent opportunities for learning and growth. Excellent diversity and thriving.
Pros
environment
Cons
part time
Excellent employment opportunities while in school
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Psychology DepartmentAugust 15, 2018
Worked for the university every year I was there for school. Managers were always very accommodating, understood the needs of working students and their constantly changing schedules to meet for projects and other commitments
Student
Consecutive Interpreter and Professor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wake Forest UniversityJuly 22, 2018
Wake Forest University is a great university on the east coast. The intelligent faculty and staff, hard-working students, amazing buildings at Wake attract a great number of students.
Wake Forest Student Recreation
Head Boxing Coach (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 10, 2018
It was a great pleasure and honor to coach the Wake Forest Boxing Club for five years. Being able to direct these young adults to building healthy habits physically, socially with their peers and in the local underprivileged community. This opportunity gave me a great sense of self worth as I seen the inner city youth I also work with develop greater aspirations that they may not have had without interaction with collegiate athletes.
Wake Forest University Associate Professor, Winston-Salem, NC
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NC 27103July 9, 2018
I began working at WFU in the Counseling Department in 1999. For the most part, I have enjoyed and thrived in my position as Counselor Educator.
A typical workday involve teaching classes, teaching online classes, supervising, and research. We also have several departmental and committee meetings.
The workplace culture has been affected by changes in management (department chair) and the rapid growth of faculty.
The hardest part of the job is selecting priorities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is teaching. I have received 3 university teaching awards.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
Lack of transparency, heavy work load
Not a bad place to work
Shuttle Driver (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJuly 6, 2018
decent place to work great team to work with, just wish we had a little more support behind use.and more communication with management to workers the would be great.
Pros
discounts
Cons
under appreciated
Productive and friendly environment
Inorganic Chemistry Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 12, 2018
Wake Forest University is an amazing place to work. It is full of great mentorship and opportunities. As an Wake Forest alumni I am very proud of my alma mater.
Fun workplace
Sports Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJune 5, 2018
During my time working in the Wake Forest Athletic department, I was able to build good relationships with my fellow interns and co-workers. Even though the internship wasn't paid, I was able to build connections and personal relationships.
Pros
Ability to build connections
Cons
Not-paid
Good Enviornment for Student Workers
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 25, 2018
Plenty of opportunities for students to work and interact with faculty. Also, possibilities for students to take on leadership roles. Work environment is friendly and non-discriminatory
I worked as a contractor for WFU and had a positive experience
Freelance Writer (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 13, 2018
Positive experience - I worked briefly as a freelance writer for WFU's Baptist Hospital and was impressed with the organization and those I worked with.
Great to work as a student assistant in the ZSR Library
Student Library Employee (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 29, 2018
This is a great position to have as a student while studying at Wake Forest. It is not a complicated job but gives you a chance to develop some customer service experience and make a little money.
Not a good place to work at this time
Custodian/Janitor (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem North CarolinaApril 20, 2018
Used to be a good place to work but not now. Too many overturns. I think they are downsizing with employees.they stopped 3rd shift which I thought was a bad idea.