WAKE HEALTH SERVICES, INC Employee Reviews

2.8
Ratings breakdown
Management wasn't steady
Registered Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 17, 2018
No teamwork at this location and management was very weak.
I did love working with the patient population that we had. Great patients and some good doctors that didn't stay long once there.
Efficient, positive workplace.
Bilingual Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 11, 2017
Wake Health Services is a great company with the ability for upward career growth. I recommend placement with Apex Family Medicine, one of WHS's many facilities.
Need better management
Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA) (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 30, 2017
Long hours and not enough pay. The employee atmosphere needed much improvement. Not enough help and too many patients to be seen by one provider and CMA.
Stay away
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 8, 2017
Just dont even bother applying. Save yourself a major headache. Management is by far awful. The turnover rate is by far ridiculous that itself should tell you alot. Plus half of the administrative team quit when I worked there. That says a whole lot. The people that were there when I first started either quit or got fired within the 10 months that I was there.
Pros
Work culture, Benefits
Cons
Eveyrthing else
A solid well founded place to work at.
File Clerk/Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 15, 2016
A good place to work at with friendly ,management and a constant feel of satisfaction. The clinic was ran very professionally with little problems within the business.
Love the People, Disapprove with management goals
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2015
No Overtime
No say how to use "PTO"
Expensive cost for benefits that cover nothing
Unhealthy work conditions
Patients never see their "responsible" providers
Unorganized
Inconsistent
Pros
Co workers
Cons
see list
Horrible
uh no. (Former Employee) –  rqSeptember 17, 2014
Don't work here at all. The only way to fix this place is to shut it down. The practice administrater does not know what she is doing. A call center manager that is incompetent. Lazy front desk. Unorganized, VERY BAD PLACE TO WORK. BEWARE. TAKE THE EXTRA TIME TO FIND SOMETHING ELSE!
Pros
Cons
everything
A great place to learn new skills
Clinical Nurse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCAugust 4, 2014
Love the people I worked with. The environment can be very stressful but learned a lot from there.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
stressfull and salary
horrible place to work
receptionist (Former Employee) –  raleighJuly 21, 2014
This was the worst place I have ever worked! The management is a joke!! Everything the first person wrote is accurate!! DO NOT WORK HERE!!!
Pros
Cons
everything
Hell it self!
former employee (Former Employee) –  NCApril 7, 2014
DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY...I REPEAT, DO NOT WORK FOR THIS COMPANY....Super unorganized, management has no clue on operating an organization such as this. The government needs to really take a look at where their money is being spent, and give it to a company that is more equipped to handling and caring for the patients. In the last 3 months 4 providers 2 dietitians and 2 social workers have resigned or have active resignation on the table. The administrator for the Rock Quarry Road Practice is a joke and I don't see how she even still have a job, yet alone allowed to run this practice. The CEO needs to just QUIT and trust me if it was stakeholders involved she would have been gone along time ago but no one else wants the job. The new CMO from what I hear is a joke. All he needs is a fuzzy red nose, make up and bright rainbow hair, then he would look just like he acts, a clown. You will regret working there.
nonprofit Community Health Center
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Apex, NCMarch 21, 2014
Very busy, great staff, mission statement of company is what kept me there.
It was fine before management change
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 2, 2013
I enjoyed my work for the most part. I learned a new accounting software package - Great Plains. A typical day at work was Accounts Payable coding and data entry, cash receipts, bank reconciliations. I did sales tax returns semi-yearly. Pulled back-up for AP checks and prepared batch for payment. Prepared and entered journal entries for month end and as needed during the month. Helped with month and year end closings. Maintained prepaid expenses and prepaid insurance spreadsheets and prepared journal entries.
Pros
Flexible with time
Cons
Pay, no chance for advancement
Productive and to serve the underserve
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 20, 2013
Fast pace Family Practice, learning experience for patients and workers learned diversity and patience. I am a team player have Great co workers. the hardest part of the job was to know many patient with difficult illnesses. the most enjoyable part of the job was to see patients get better and be grateful about my professionalism and smile.
nice place
Bi-Lingual Dental Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 25, 2013
typical day normal, no comments
very good place work, no opportunities for advancement