Wake Technical Community College Employee Reviews

Good Employer
Supervisor of HR Development (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2019
Recently retired president cared about employees. The college welcomes a new president soon. Compensation is competitive. There are a lot of roles on can hold.
Excellent
ADJUNCT FALCULTY, HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2019
I must say I was totally satisfied and proud to be apart of an awesome team. I felt welcomed and appreciated. My interactions with my colleagues and students made me enjoy my days.
Pros
Direct coworkers, envirnment, and support
Cons
The amount of hours
The hardest part of my job
Continuing Education Teacher (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 26, 2018
The hardest part of my job was attracting students to my class due to change in catalog systems. They were restructuring when I was there. I hope it is easier now than back then.
good experience overall
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 21, 2018
taught me how me to service people quickly and efficiently,clean kitchen very nice co workers,manger taught me most things about customer service. helped me to learn how to manage time and to do things quickly in the cafeteria.
Pros
schedule
Cons
fast paced
Great work environment.
Adjunct ESL Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 14, 2018
I have enjoyed my time at WTCC. The director of my program is very organized and sets high expectations for her faculty. The students that I had were wonderful and the college provided great experience for me in my profession.
Wake Tech has been such an learning work experience!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
The workplace culture at Wake Tech has been enjoyable and inclusive. Management has always been understanding of the flexibility I need as an adjuct instructor.
Pros
Flexibility
Great work environment with solid management and structure
Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
Wake Tech is one of the top community colleges in the nation, and it is evident why this is so. It's a wonderful place to work with outstanding leadership and a lot of good people to learn from.
Pros
Relaxed work culture
Cons
salary, some old facilities, mandatory 10 hour work days during summer
school work
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
I was a work-study student at Wake Technical Community College. My typical day at work was fun. I was worked as a health science counselors helper in the front desk and also in the library. They all were very supportive. The hardest part of the job was not getting enough hours. the most enjoyable part of the job was to help many students with anything that they need before seeing the counselor
Wonderful school!!
Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 24, 2018
The teachers were very kind and helpful throughout all classes. No need for a tutor and all were kind all throughout the campus. Everyone I'd there to help.
Outstanding Place to Work, Treat You Like Family.
Dean of Government Relations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 23, 2018
Wake Tech has been a great place to make use of the experience and skills that I have developed during my career. My background is in government relations and the college was willing to create a government affairs office to expand its outreach to the legislative and executive branches of government, as well as other organizations that support it. At the time of this review, the search for a new president was nearing its final stages, but the history of the college in terms of its senior leadership has been distinguished and outstanding. It's consistently rated as one of the great colleges to work for, and as my career in the public sector begins to near its end, I am so glad that I chose here as my last stop in that higher education experience. The state allows few perks, but the administration here adds more - paid dental and vision insurance, opportunities to use fitness center and gym, professional development programs, and a willingness to allow telecommuting in many cases.
I enjoyed working with the entire staff.
Receptionist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 9, 2018
The director was reasonable and honest. The staff treated me like one of their own/part of the whole. We worked together as a team. I would have like to work here full time.
Pros
free luches
Cons
i received no benefits
Great students and colleagues
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2018
I worked with some nice people and the students were wonderful. I liked the program , but there was a lot of other stuff that was difficult. Wake Tech made simple things difficult. Things like making copies or handing in monthly hours are cumbersome processes that take up time because of the many steps involved . I did it all for several terms, just to be suddenly told one day that a new contract wouldn't be offered to me. It's the nature of being a contracted employee. There is no job security.
Pros
I met some wonderful students
Cons
Constant testing and classroom interruptions disrupted the flow of teaching
Great for Full-Time Students
Lab Monitor, Individualized Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2018
This was a great job for me, I had to watch the computer lab, and while I did, I often got most of my weeks homework complete. Some say the job was boring, and at times it is, but you have to make the most of your time.
Pros
Get to work on homework, Weekends off
Cons
Boring
Fun place to learn new skills with a safe environment
Student Graphic Design Project Work (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Easy to learn new skills that helped me prepare for real world problems within a safe environment and teachers that help if one needs further assistance.
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Wake tech dental hygiene program would be a great place to work due to the benefits, and helping students achieve their goals to become dental hygienists.
Wake tech
Administrative Intern, Work-Based Learning (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2018
Wake tech is an amazing place to work. Campus is beautiful, staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Staff here is always willing to take time to help anyone.
Academically poor
Professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
College is governed in a top-down fashion, no academic liberty, poor academic level, no possibility to inquiry and develop professionally.

All levels of the college as subservient to the imperatives of the management. It is governed imperially, no opinions are looked for nor desired.
I love what I do; working with my support staff my students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
I interact with students ongoing and support staff occasionally throughout the day. I love making an impact on my students. My support staff is amazing. They go above and beyond. The culture is pretty relaxed and friendly. Hardest part of the job...the pace. Coming from a hospital Medical unit which is incredibly fast paced makes it hard to move at such a slower pace. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my students and making an impact on them and getting feedback from them...they are enthusiastic about their careers after taking my class.
Pros
great support staff, great work environment
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2018
Good place to work; high integrity within our department - always has been. High quality of leadership, respect, and positive feedback. Very much enjoyed working there.
I just went to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2018
It wasn't a job I was in school as a student there. I didn't get paid I just was a student in school. I love going to school and I one day like to finish my education there soon.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Technical Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wake Technical Community College Reviews by Location