Wake Technical Community College Employee Reviews

Great students and colleagues
Adjunct (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 3, 2018
I worked with some nice people and the students were wonderful. I liked the program , but there was a lot of other stuff that was difficult. Wake Tech made simple things difficult. Things like making copies or handing in monthly hours are cumbersome processes that take up time because of the many steps involved . I did it all for several terms, just to be suddenly told one day that a new contract wouldn't be offered to me. It's the nature of being a contracted employee. There is no job security.
Pros
I met some wonderful students
Cons
Constant testing and classroom interruptions disrupted the flow of teaching
Great for Full-Time Students
Lab Monitor, Individualized Learning Center (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 25, 2018
This was a great job for me, I had to watch the computer lab, and while I did, I often got most of my weeks homework complete. Some say the job was boring, and at times it is, but you have to make the most of your time.
Pros
Get to work on homework, Weekends off
Cons
Boring
Fun place to learn new skills with a safe environment
Student Graphic Design Project Work (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 24, 2018
Easy to learn new skills that helped me prepare for real world problems within a safe environment and teachers that help if one needs further assistance.
Dental Hygiene Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCSeptember 14, 2018
Wake tech dental hygiene program would be a great place to work due to the benefits, and helping students achieve their goals to become dental hygienists.
Wake tech
Administrative Intern, Work-Based Learning (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2018
Wake tech is an amazing place to work. Campus is beautiful, staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Staff here is always willing to take time to help anyone.
Academically poor
Professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
College is governed in a top-down fashion, no academic liberty, poor academic level, no possibility to inquiry and develop professionally.

All levels of the college as subservient to the imperatives of the management. It is governed imperially, no opinions are looked for nor desired.
I love what I do; working with my support staff my students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
I interact with students ongoing and support staff occasionally throughout the day. I love making an impact on my students. My support staff is amazing. They go above and beyond. The culture is pretty relaxed and friendly. Hardest part of the job...the pace. Coming from a hospital Medical unit which is incredibly fast paced makes it hard to move at such a slower pace. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my students and making an impact on them and getting feedback from them...they are enthusiastic about their careers after taking my class.
Pros
great support staff, great work environment
Associate Professor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 19, 2018
Good place to work; high integrity within our department - always has been. High quality of leadership, respect, and positive feedback. Very much enjoyed working there.
I just went to school
Student (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 10, 2018
It wasn't a job I was in school as a student there. I didn't get paid I just was a student in school. I love going to school and I one day like to finish my education there soon.
No Work Life Balance
Office Manager/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 1, 2018
Forget about working at Wake Tech during the summer months if you have small children in daycare. Management isn't flexible during the summer months when you have to work 10 hour days. You might be late picking up your children from daycare.
Pros
Cons
No Work Life Balance
Wake Tech
PEER LEADER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 23, 2018
I was a volunteer for my department, but enjoyed the collaboration with professors and assisting my peers in class. It helped me become more confident in my knowledge and ability to teach.
As a college student I was able to help part time to help pay for books, supplies for art and classes.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 21, 2018
Working as the instructor's assistant was relaxing for me because this was the first job I was working with adults and not around children. Working in a quiet environment was wonderful and with respectful coworkers help motivate me to do a good job every day.
great
office staff (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Great place to work they have a great employee moral. This company works to permute those who work hard. I really enjoyed working for this company overall.
Multi-campus Organization with opportunities for advancement
Campus Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2018
We are an 8-campus community college that is ever-growing and thusly always having positions open up in which they prefer to hire internally. Great culture and environment to be a part of! There are plenty of committees and think-tanks that you can participate in that allow for professional development in all aspect of higher education.
great
Financial Aid Assistant (Work-Study) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2018
Great place to work. If you like helping students and have patience, then this is the place for you to work. Everyone is polite and friendly and the director rocks !
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Wake Technical Community college. The people i had the pleasure to work with were great if i did not understand something they would take their time and show me how to do it.
Wake Technical Community College - Great Place!
Full Time Student (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
Wake Technical Community College is a great place to work and go to school as it allows for a individual paced, collaborative environment.

I learned a great deal while there and would highly recommend this educational organization for anyone who is looking for employment and for students looking for an Associates Degree or a transfer program to a four year program.

S. Lightfoot
Good Overall
Professor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 16, 2018
Overall a good place to work. They keep the students in mind and give you paid professional development. They do not retain people for long periods of time.
wonderful job
Faculty Member (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 7, 2018
This was my first teaching job in NC and was very comfortable in a community college setting. I thought college was where I wanted to spend my teaching career and I was given a wonderful opportunity at WTCC.
Productive, career kick starter,interesting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 26, 2018
A pretty simple and laid back atmosphere. Great exposure and accomplishment. Great to have in portfolio and on resume. great learning environment. Knowledgeable staff and employees