Wake Technical Community College Culture reviews

Good Employer
Supervisor of HR Development (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 12, 2019
Recently retired president cared about employees. The college welcomes a new president soon. Compensation is competitive. There are a lot of roles on can hold.
Excellent
ADJUNCT FALCULTY, HEALTHCARE MANAGEMENT (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2019
I must say I was totally satisfied and proud to be apart of an awesome team. I felt welcomed and appreciated. My interactions with my colleagues and students made me enjoy my days.
Pros
Direct coworkers, envirnment, and support
Cons
The amount of hours
Wake Tech has been such an learning work experience!
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
The workplace culture at Wake Tech has been enjoyable and inclusive. Management has always been understanding of the flexibility I need as an adjuct instructor.
Pros
Flexibility
Great work environment with solid management and structure
Mechanical Engineer/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 5, 2018
Wake Tech is one of the top community colleges in the nation, and it is evident why this is so. It's a wonderful place to work with outstanding leadership and a lot of good people to learn from.
Pros
Relaxed work culture
Cons
salary, some old facilities, mandatory 10 hour work days during summer
Wake tech
Administrative Intern, Work-Based Learning (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 31, 2018
Wake tech is an amazing place to work. Campus is beautiful, staff is friendly and extremely helpful. Staff here is always willing to take time to help anyone.
I love what I do; working with my support staff my students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 23, 2018
I interact with students ongoing and support staff occasionally throughout the day. I love making an impact on my students. My support staff is amazing. They go above and beyond. The culture is pretty relaxed and friendly. Hardest part of the job...the pace. Coming from a hospital Medical unit which is incredibly fast paced makes it hard to move at such a slower pace. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with my students and making an impact on them and getting feedback from them...they are enthusiastic about their careers after taking my class.
Pros
great support staff, great work environment
As a college student I was able to help part time to help pay for books, supplies for art and classes.
Instructor's Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaMay 21, 2018
Working as the instructor's assistant was relaxing for me because this was the first job I was working with adults and not around children. Working in a quiet environment was wonderful and with respectful coworkers help motivate me to do a good job every day.
great
office staff (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 15, 2018
Great place to work they have a great employee moral. This company works to permute those who work hard. I really enjoyed working for this company overall.
Multi-campus Organization with opportunities for advancement
Campus Operations Director (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 14, 2018
We are an 8-campus community college that is ever-growing and thusly always having positions open up in which they prefer to hire internally. Great culture and environment to be a part of! There are plenty of committees and think-tanks that you can participate in that allow for professional development in all aspect of higher education.
great
Financial Aid Assistant (Work-Study) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 4, 2018
Great place to work. If you like helping students and have patience, then this is the place for you to work. Everyone is polite and friendly and the director rocks !
great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 24, 2018
I enjoyed working at Wake Technical Community college. The people i had the pleasure to work with were great if i did not understand something they would take their time and show me how to do it.
No Comments
Coordinator of Non-Credit Computer Education (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2018
N/A and no comments on this school at this time. It is a good institution and has grown tremendously since I joined. I have seen a lot of changes and updates.
Pros
Campus Settings
Great Place, Great People
Library Technical Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 8, 2017
I had a wonderful experience working for Wake Tech in both the Main/Southern Campus and Health Sciences campus libraries. My co-workers were easy to work with, supportive and trained me well on the daily workings of each library. Both the dean and my immediate supervisors were always open to conversations about any issues that you may have. Great benefits package and the students were awesome.
Pros
Great benefits, laid back atmosphere, great co-workers
Cons
Long commute to main campus
Productive and fun place to work!
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 8, 2017
Awesome place to work! The pay is also great!
Wake Tech is an awesome place and environment to work in. My boss and the coordinator of the Nurse Aide I Program are awesome!
Pros
Hours and pay
Cons
No benefits for Adjunct Faculty
One of the Great Places to Work - Period
Dean of Sponsored Programs (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 28, 2017
Wake Tech has received several awards as a great place to work, and that's been my experience as well. It is lead by a forward-thinking chief executive who has created and fosters a culture of innovation that has made the college among the top three fastest-growing large community colleges in the country for the past three years running. Of all the places where I have worked, this has been the most supportive and the most rewarding. As I approach retirement with the state, I can highly recommend Wake Tech as a place where workers at the beginning, midpoint, or end of their careers will find fulfillment and personal satisfaction.
Great place
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 25, 2017
A typical day depends mostly on me, the teacher, and the atmosphere I set inside the classroom, which is always positive. Coworkers are great! I enjoy seeing students succeed. I have learned that there is not a lot of space for growth due to limited fulltime positions in my department. The hardest part about the job is knowing that you are being "underpaid" and "overworked'. Everyone is friendly.
Pros
People are friendly.
Cons
There are not many full-time employees in my department.
Great place to work!
HRD Job Skills Instructor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 6, 2017
I really enjoyed working for WTCC. I was an adjunct instructor and I loved interacting with the students, staff, and, faculty. I had a great deal of autonomy and was able to be creative with curriculum. I learned so much, because I was able to create new course content. If you are thinking about working for WTCC do not hesitate!
Pros
Wonderful learning environment. Professional staff and faculty
Cons
I can't think of any cons.
Wake tech
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 3, 2017
work was fun there
i learned to stock and count supplies in order
the management was great
the workplace culture was great
there was really no hard part of the job
i am a peoples person so, the most enjoyable part was the great people that was employed there.
excellent
adjunct criminal justice professor (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 23, 2017
great university to work for nothing like teaching kids the staf is very friendly. excellent hr and department heads this is a family enviroment
Pros
staff
Cons
non
N/a
Career & College Promise Admissions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 20, 2017
Very good place to work if you care about students and the overall culture and climate in higher education. Many opportunities for personal and professional development. Great coworkers!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wake Technical Community College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3

Ratings from women

2.3InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

2.5Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Wake Technical Community College Reviews by Location