Wakefern Food Corporation Employee Reviews

Found 3,786 reviews matching the search See all 4,358 reviews
Friendly produce associates but ignorant store manager
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, DEJune 17, 2019
Overal, I did enjoy this job until the store manager kept getting on my nerves about wearing a jacket. I don’t think he understands that I am in the freezer constantly and it’s extremely cold in there yet still complains when I have it on. This job is a joke and for what you get paid, which is minimum wage, it is not worth working here. Apparently, you get a raise of 15 cents every 6 months, which is a joke because an extra 15 cents does absolutely nothing. You’re better off finding a job at another grocery store that will definitely pay more, such as Giant.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly produce department employees
Cons
Short breaks, no discounts, ignorant customers and store manager
They are a good place to work for a person just starting a career path
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stanton, DEJune 17, 2019
I had no problems with the company until I left for maternity leave. When I returned to work I was told that I no longer had a job and if I wanted to continue working I would have to go through the entire process of training, interview, application, and pre- employment testing again.
Pros
Cons
dont get pregnant or you wont have a job when you return
Not too bad
Cashier / HABA & Grocery Stock / Bakery (Former Employee) –  Moorestown, NJJune 17, 2019
Depending on your location it wasn't too bad working there.
But the customers can be annoying and complain too often.
Some managers are ok and care about the workers, the fellow entry-level co-workers were often young college/highschoolers or seasoned women over 40 who were fun and knew how to smile on the job.
Fun place to work and great friends to meet.
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Belleville, NJJune 16, 2019
I would like to go back and work there. Clean evironment. Have family and friends shop there I still shop there. Safe to work ages 16 and up could work there with working papers. They work around your schedule, paid vacation.
Horrible. I wouldn’t recommend it at all
Morning baker (Current Employee) –  NJJune 15, 2019
The stores are dirty. They clean the sheet pans “annually”. It’s always “not my job”. FIFO isn’t enforced. Racks will be left out uncovered. Mgmt doesn’t advocate for their workers or enforce rules. People are unreliable for their shifts because there are no consequences to anything. Our cake decorated only made $11/hr. And they wouldn’t hire her full time, but would give her one day off a week and she’d work 38 hours/wk.
this place is a joke and I no longer shop there. I travel 45 minutes to get groceries now that I know what goes on.
Pros
I get to bake and mix
Cons
Everything else. Seriously. Not being dramatic.
Review
Maintenance & Porter (Current Employee) –  Southington, CTJune 15, 2019
I enjoy working at ShopRite. The employees and managers are respectful and kind to their workers. They help you out when you need them. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customers out when they need assistance, and helping my co-workers out when they give me projects to complete.
Overworked and underpaid
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 15, 2019
It's practically impossible to get a full time position. Therefore you can be working full time hours and receive none of the benefits. Also they do not respect your requested days off. There is no pay differential when you switch over to customer service.
Glad for the oppertunity.
Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brooklawn, NJJune 15, 2019
The support team around me is fantastic. Very helpful and caring. I would like to retain this job as a 2nd job. I enjoy people and therefore I really enjoy working there.
Fun and enjoyable workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, NJJune 14, 2019
Customer Service Representative. Hardworking. Refunds, rainchecks, dealing with unhappy customers. Work in whatever department they need me. Flexible hours.
Working there was easy but we had scheduling issues
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJJune 13, 2019
Shoprite was my first job and I liked meeting new people everyday as a cashier and the job itself was simple but could get kind of stressful. I only stopped working there because I was in-season and they wouldn't allow me to change my hours after it was already scheduled.
ok place to work in if you want to make a career out of it
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJJune 13, 2019
the environment was fine. Managers demanded to much from employees. They have a union but the union really did not do to much to help workers. Only focus was on collecting dues.
Not recommended
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Union Mills Mt. Laurel, NJJune 13, 2019
Drama filled workplace with poor management. Best part of the job was dealing with customers, Worst part was dealing with co-workers not showing up or just disappearing if they did and the very low pay.
good place
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  East Brunswick, NJJune 13, 2019
I gain a lot of experience working at ShopRite. The customers were very friendly and I learned a lot from both customers and staff members. It was a good environment.
Interacting with customers
Customer service, sales (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton,njJune 12, 2019
I loved the customers that came into my line whether they were having a bad day or I was. They always made me smile and laugh. I mostly had the same customers all the time because they loved my work and how I bagged their groceries. I honestly will miss seeing them but it was an amazing experience
It is work
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 12, 2019
It is fast paced. You work in a freezer. The other workers are fine. But there are lazy ones that make an already hard work day harder. The management staff were fair and respectful. You work so hard it is really nothing to enjoy except the breaks.
Fast pace environment
Shoprite Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mount Laurel, NJJune 12, 2019
Shop rite is a great starter job for those who are not looking for a flexible work schedule. The employees and management are friendly and willing to work hard together. You really get to know some great people along with gaining skills you've never you had. I really enjoyed working together as a team to accomplish goals.
Pros
Own space
Cons
short breaks
not flexible
Front End Manager (Former Employee) –  Northvale, NJJune 12, 2019
they tell you if your a student your work schedule can be flexible but that is not true. They pay you the same and put you in several different departments
Good Place to work overall
Dairy Associate (Current Employee) –  Mohegan Lake, NYJune 12, 2019
I've been a dairy associate for 2 years now. A typical day includes packing out product, helping customers with ANY inquires and receiving trucks of product and milk. The workplace culture is very friendly and open for any and all positions no matter how long you've been there.
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Slow Responses by Upper Management
Trash management they want you to work your self to death but pay you minimum wage
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hamden, CTJune 12, 2019
Good for high school students or a first job other then that I would recommend. They have inconsistent hours and the amount of bs you have to deal with from management and customers is too much
Owners were great manager very poor
Produce Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, CTJune 11, 2019
At the beginning the company was great the new management came in and she made a couple racist and anti-somatic remarks I put my two weeks notice in and left
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Really poor manager

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Wakefern Food Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.3K
31.2K

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.2Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight