Wakefield-Vette Employee Reviews

Wakefield-vette
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 16, 2018
Nothing too hard here. The place was pretty laid back and the coworkers were easy to get along with, The management when I worked there was horrible. The supervisor let certain people get away with way too much and it was too much favortism being shown.
This company is not for someone with a family. They don't listen to the input of the employees nor give any support to them. They will lie.
CNC Machinist/ Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2018
I would not recommend this company in the Raleigh area to no one. They work long hours not knowing if the weekends are a mandatory work day until the Thursday before. They are not in pay rate of the competition.
Ok place to work
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NHApril 30, 2018
Awesome people to work with good management and coworkers fun atmosphere make a lot of friends a good experience will love to do it again one day if I get the chance
Enjoyable people to work with, recent management change has made for bad business
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 14, 2018
I loved my first two managers.They were able to see the value in the work that I was doing. I am proud of what we were able to accomplish together. I received recognition for what I was able to accomplish, in my reviews and advancements.
I was part of the team, and we worked well together.
We were able to increase productivity, and add many new products to our line, while making for the employees a better and more efficient work environment.

I truly hope that they can sort out the problems in their operations management. Recent changes has increased the turn over rate by more than 80%.
Perception has over taken Production, end of month sales numbers have been buffered and puffed up in order to make things look better than they. Instead of confronting real problems, the recent solution has become "Sweeping it all under the rug" .

I suspect it will go like it has before in their history, where someone else is taking the fall for the neglectful actions of another.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Not well managed
It's ok
CNC Setup/Machinist Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NHAugust 6, 2017
Not a bad place to work if you have older skillsets to be a setup machinist, not to great for operators or other lower level skillset employees. They seem to have lousy reputation and can't find needed skilled employees.
Pros
People
Cons
Equipment
to hot
Saw Operator (Former Employee) –  Withee, WIMay 11, 2017
work conditons are extreme hot they work you to death with no air movement or ventilation for pennies most days 110-120 inside the plant definitely not a good place to work for a long time
Pros
Cons
alot
Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Pelham, NHFebruary 8, 2017
It was under new Management and things seemed to still be working it's self out. people are friendly fun environment. I would work here again,
very productive
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 27, 2016
this company requires very fast workers who are willing to put their best effort into it. it was such a great experience working there and i loved doing what i did there!
Pros
learning new things everyday
Cons
N/a
Always keeping busy, I get to operate different machines.
Environmental Health & Safety Inspector (Current Employee) –  Withee, WIJanuary 14, 2015
A typical day at work for me is when I get there I usually do my Environmental Health and Safety paperwork etc unless we are are short handed on the floor then I fill in.

I have learned how to how to operate the press and the saw. I also have taken on the position of Environmental Health and Safety position.

As for the management, it is fairly good where I work. If I have any problems that have been brought to my attention I can go report it to the plant manager and they will resolve the problem if I can't.

Most of the co-workers are pretty good for the most part. They maintain their duties and if there is a problem I try to solve it. I take on other work if they don't always want to do it.

The hardest part of my job is having to fill in for the people that decide not to show up. Reason this is hard is because I not only have my paperwork to do but to also fill in where others are absent.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the fact that I get along with everybody and will help wherever is needed without complaining. Yes some days get to be a rat race but overall I do enjoy what I do. I love learning all the different machines and how to operate them along with being an Environmental Health and Safety Coordinator.
Pros
Able to take breaks, get along with everyone, ability to be able to lean/operate different machines, healthcare benefits
Cons
Some people that don't fullfil all their duties so I usually have to do it, people decide to be no shows without calling in to let management know.
Quality Management and Improvement
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  NHSeptember 28, 2014
I was implemented New Product Development, Advanced Quality, Management, Project Management, Processes Management, Supplier Quality Management and learned a lot of experience from my position work.
Solder Technician (Current Employee) –  Pelham, NHJanuary 3, 2014
Wakefield is CNC company that works with metal and some soldering jobs. For example they built heat sinks for costomers.
Pros
No free lunchs
Cons
9:15am break
Work There
cnc (Former Employee) –  Pelham NHNovember 26, 2012
The people are great, as far as work security goes some what questionable