WakeMed Employee Reviews

Salary goodl Manager fair. Most important part good relations with staff
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCAugust 7, 2018
Salary good. Available time off withpay. Matching funds on retirement or layoff. Good report for all of the staff. Cooperatoin of staff workers. Easy rapport with professional staff, nurses doctors. Bad weather easements and accommodations. Good benefits. Updates and employee training on customer services. However on lay off because I was part time did not get any severance pay. No help with rehire.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Laid off due to upgrade in computers. No job referrals for any laid off staff. Never hired back.
Awesome
Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCNovember 29, 2018
Great place to work, pay is competitive and the benefits are very good. Great place for work/life balance. Management is fair and genuinely concerned about their employees.
WakeMed PACS Assistant Review
PACS Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 28, 2018
Enjoyed the flexibility with my schedule, good benefits and managers. Workplace was fairly monotonous, fellow employees and staff could be difficult to deal with (service/health industry/hospital environment comes with this at times). I learned a lot about the healthcare industry and working in a hospital.
Pros
Good benefits and reasonable pay
Cons
Long hours and monotonous
Great Team
Adult Emergency Department Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 22, 2018
WakeMed has great some of the best nurses in the country. Very warm, welcoming, and always willing to help you. This team makes you raise the bar personally and professionally. Would recommend them!
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2019
My manager really cares about me and my opinions The benefits are excellent including their 401k. The hours are flexible. They have food trucks, and you can go to the hospital not far away for lunch.
great benefits
Monitor Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 1, 2018
Big hospital to work for. Offer great benefits & discounts. So many departments & opportunities available to allow for growth & advancement in career.
Wakemed
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 16, 2018
Fast paced hospital with many locations. Competitive pay salaries and nice benefits for long term employees. Ratios are tolerable and culture is good.
Pros
Employee incentives
Cons
Insurance
Wake med
Registered Nurse, Emergency Department (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 10, 2018
Employee focused. Great place to work! I would recommend the emergency department and trauma services to new graduates and seasoned nurses alike. Excellent training and benefits.
Good COmapny overall but billing department need better managment
Patient Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 2, 2018
WakeMed overall is a good organization. However, My experience working in Patient Finance is that there was entirely too much concern on call numbers as opposed to the quality of services and interaction with patients.Management does not do a well enough job to engage the staff and create an environment that allows staff to effectively and consistently address and service, what is oftentimes, very irate customers.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, micro managment
Great job, but coworkers are a nightmare
Clinical Nurse II (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 15, 2018
I have worked this position both full time and part time, day shift and night shift. I loved the dayshift more than night shift because the staff on night shift is very catty and are prone to bully newer staff. I am not a new nurse by any means and it concerns me greatly as to how they would treat a new nurse. I don't know if the management turns a blind eye or if they are simply unaware of the situation because they are not there as much as night. I love working the hours at night, but the staff is making me reconsider working there at all. I am hoping to find a new job soon.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
staff
Helping the community
EXECUTIVE CHEF MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJune 20, 2018
WakeMed is defined by its staff. It is an organization that provides the highest level of care to the community and to its patients. The staff is friendly and talented. Everyone goes out of their way to ensure every patient and customer receives the highest level of care.
Pros
great staff, benefits, employee discounts.
Cons
non-patient related upgrades move slower than expected
Wages
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 31, 2018
needs to pay more!! I feel that an investment in the pay of employees all over will bring the best out of its employees. We live in a world where everything outside our pay is going up. The work load have increased but yet not a real amount of money to say I can see a difference in a raise per ck instead of it being a yearly break down.
Fun place to work
EMT-B (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 20, 2018
Great culture, awesome people. managers are always there for you.
great co-workers. great patient care and costumer service.
Benefits, pay vacations.
Pros
great health, dental and vision insurance
Cons
N/a
Great Place to work
coding, billing, customer service (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 29, 2018
I enjoyed my time I worked for Wake Med. The pay is great, the people are friendly and the hours are great. If I could, I'd work there again. My job was temporary, so my assignment ended.
Pros
pay, benefits
Cons
temp job
low level management issues
Cardiovascular Sonographer (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 1, 2018
This was a nice place to work, and the people were really nice, wakemed took care of their employees with raises and bonuses I hope to go back there one day.
Wakemed
Nurse Aide (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 11, 2018
A great place to work because they do offer great benefits with Paid Time Off and they allow you room to grow. They also offered other jobs to employees first before looking at outside candidates.
Pros
Great Health Benefits, Pto
Cons
not enough staff to cover a shift
ok
Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 25, 2018
Health care benefits are ridiculous for staff. High deductibles. No competition in the area, so the staff pay is not the best for the cost of living in the area.
Nice place to work
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJune 18, 2018
Good job when it comes to benefits. They have a lot of uniform sales which is great. Also other sales to. They like when worker's are team players an on time.
Pros
Benfits
Cons
Watching at all times
Heavy Work Load
Clinical Nurse III (ER) (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCApril 8, 2018
Management not very helpful, but coworkers great. Long days at work with multiple patients but great teamwork whenever working with the right team. Hardest part of the job is the compensation.
Great company poor Management in my department
Patient Liason (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 20, 2018
I loved working at WakeMed. My manager was not so great. The company has great benefits and cares about their employees. Had I not have left for a position that was to be better, I would still be there today, regardless of what I felt about my manager. Once you leave it is even harder to get back on. I would stay as opposed to leaving.
Pros
Benefits and job security
Cons
Pay is low compared to the national average

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WakeMed. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

4.1Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight