WakeMed Employee Reviews

Anyone
Sec/Tech (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 21, 2019
Wake med as a company is great. Department wise there is a lot of turnover within the management tree. The staff becomes your work family. and you enjoys the ones you work with.
Horrible place
Nurse Aide II (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2019
This was a horrible place to work, there is no work life balance. The managers and supervisors have favorites that they give over time to. The work is hard and the pay is low. They use and abuse you, then have you train your replacement...not cool.
Pros
Leaving this toxic environment
Cons
Low pay, long hours
nice place
Pharmacy Buyer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2019
nice place to work, left due a death in the family, relocate out of state . It was a busy hospital, time went by fast, nice friendly people. did not leave due to anything they did or say .
Surgery Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 2, 2019
Supports and encourages education and advancement. There is a clear corporate structure and employees are encouraged to seek assistance and support from leadership
Pros
Pay
Medical secretary / medical assistant
Office Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 1, 2019
I applied aug 2018 to now, all I get is we picked a better person for this position or not selected I have five years medical experience and I have New York experience .
I even try to volunteer during my spear time I was told I could not because I have to have a job to volunteer.
Cons
Getting a interview
Stressful job, racist
CST (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCFebruary 9, 2019
It’s a streffsull place to work , the management doesn’t care abt their employees. They are racists . They motivated by their money. RN doesn’t really care abt patients
Productive and stressful work place.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCFebruary 6, 2019
The more you do , the more they pile up on you to do. This last position has been the most stressful. I come to work willing to help out if there is a problem. But there is time when I was told that I could not help a co-worker with a work issue, to me that is not team work, which I strongly believe in. I have given my time to the job whether it was on the clock or off the clock. but it is not appreciated. I think it is a poor management. I was hired to do one thing but instead I do what I am hired to do and more. They are trying to use my management experience with out paying for them. I am a Administrative Assistant but I supervising the light duty and the volunteer. Now I am supervising some of the staff, but I am not their supervisor. I also have to evaluate them at the end of the year. just a sample of what I am talking about.
Pros
I can wear my jeans to work, I can work day shift, and I can come in late but make the time up if I have to.
Cons
Very stressful telling someone wlse what to do everyday, when you are not their supervisor.
Great Place to work
Outpatient Coder (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 24, 2019
Enjoyed working for Wakemed, was able to utilize my skills and also learned alot. I really enjoyed working with my co-workers. Hardest part was when I relocated to another job.
Best place ive ever worked at
Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 23, 2019
Management is great, co workers are great. I feel like I get paid adequately for my job title. The whole place has great team work skills. Many different locations for you to work at.
Great Company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 22, 2019
Great company to work for. I have been an employee for years and would hate to leave. The offer and array of positions. Moving around to a new position is difficult.

Want to know more about WakeMed?

Ask a question
WakeMed is a special place to work
Occupational Therapist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 12, 2019
Health care is a tough place to work; WakeMed workers generally enjoy what they do, keep the patients first.

Most employees and managers are high quality.

The mission of services is important to management.
typical work day
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 8, 2019
most of the typical work day involved floor nursing care direct one on one patient care from medication administration to basic hygiene care. Patient with many different cultural backgrounds giving diverse exposure and experience for the health care team to learn from allowing better patient understanding and care.
Pros
opportunity for nurses to grow and advance
A great place to work
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Garner, NCJanuary 6, 2019
My manager was really supportive and she was always there to help me or just to listen. The staff got along with everyone. I love it there but I had to relocate.
Pros
Free lunch, flexiable work schedule, friendly staff
Accounts Receivable Representative (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 6, 2019
My manager really cares about me and my opinions The benefits are excellent including their 401k. The hours are flexible. They have food trucks, and you can go to the hospital not far away for lunch.
Enjoyed helping patients, great working enviroment
Sitter/CNA (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 2, 2019
Only worked at Wake Med for about a year, but i enjoyed the experience. Caring and dedicated staff, great place to expand and grow in the medical field. The leadership at WMMC are committed to excellence.
4 year degree at Wakemed is required in order to advance!
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 31, 2018
I have worked for WPP for past 12 years. WakeMed puts too much emphasis on a 4 year degree! Not enough on experience. This hinders your advancement!!
Pros
I enjoy the people that I work with
Cons
Too much emphasis on 4 year degree
n/a
Finance& Accounting Rep, Benefits (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2018
I really dont have much to say. i enjoyed working and doing things on the jobs Jobs are jobs and I can say that thia was a good company to work for This is all I have to say
High compensation but lock of harmony and sympathy
Full time Property Service Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 26, 2018
At Wake-med, you will encounter a company that rewards your effort and dedication. This comes at a price of having a very accelerated life style. Unlike Duke, lay back and slow pace, Wake-med work culture is at a very high pace and highly demanding, which can be both challenging but stressful.
Pros
opportrunities
Cons
stress
They say NO QUOTA even HR says that but...THERE IS!!
Patient Accounts Representative/Follow-Up Billing (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 22, 2018
My summary says enough they are liars, and there is no backbone or assistance in HR. I even had proof and they still did nothing. I wanted to stay at that job because I love my work, but the treatment forced my to leave.
Good hospital with a lot of sources and dedicated staff.
Staff Therapist (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCDecember 21, 2018
The excellent hospital has a good reputation in providing heart surgery which has a very high success rate. Physicians, nurses and Respiratory Therapists provide excellent care. Management is good and takes care of their staff. Very good working condition and parking arrangement.
Pros
Provide bnonus to the staff.
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at WakeMed. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.2InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight