Wal-Wart Pharmacy
56Below average

Wal-Wart Pharmacy Employee Reviews

United States41 reviews
Walmart is a good company
Working at the pharmacy can be hectic sometimes. Customers can be rude and get upset if their prescriptions are done and a timely matter. But sometimes you just have to smile and grin and keep it going.
No proper training
The management wants you to jump in and work without any proper training. They don't pay well even for a Pharmacy Technician with a lot of experience.
Pros
The other staff was nice.
Cons
Too many.
Loyalty is dead
I’ve worked as a pharmacist for Walmart for over 10 years, and in that time it has gone from a great company to work for to a total misery. Work piled on top of work. The company says they want the customer to come first, but prioritizes a shopping comparison basket from Walgreens over filling prescriptions for the sick people waiting out in front of you. Pretty disgusted, can’t wait to get out!
Great place of employment
Great place of employment with wonderful staff

Great learning experience with hands on training

Getting to work close with the public in helping other’s needs
The family oriented employee's
The employees are very family oriented we are all a family if one hurts we all hurt and helping one another is not a job its what we do.when we have children they are called the Walmart babies.
If you are a pharmacist don’t walk, run away
A place where pharmacy careers go to die. As soon as you are hired you are in the clock to get fired. The only reason most people are there is because there are so few options.
Na
Greeting customers and making sure they find everything they need;
Ringing up customer purchases throughout the day;

Operating cash registers while adhering to store policy on returns and coupons;

Putting away merchandise and rotating stock as needed
The discount and incentives
There was little to no training. After your first day in orientation they pretty much throw you to the wolves. Training has to be demanded and did I mention Lack of training. There was no willingness to help from older employees. The company barely gives you time to do requirements like mandatory trainings on the computer. Management never gave feedback on performance. Professionalism did not exist.
Pros
Starting pay was good
Cons
Lack of hours
Managment not good
Management was not good wanted do stuff that always took away from customers was there to help customers and get them out in timely matter especially reason why was in pharmacy because was sick not wanting for hour for medication
Overall decent job
I loved being in the pharmacy environment. However, I have a small child and felt her needs were not prioritized when she was sick a few times. I enjoyed the patient/health atmosphere and learning new things about medication while on the job.
Pros
Good pay, friendly co-workers, always busy.
Cons
Not family-friendly, not flexible.
Walmart Corp tries hard to keep employees happy
...which means lots of common sense training and militaristic rules to follow. This is the first job I've had that 'demerits' being to work too early (10 minutes) for your shift. This is a hard lesson to learn for an adult with a strong work ethic. ("I'm not clocked in bilking the payroll, I'm at my workstation working!")
Place to grow
Loved working for Walmart, they were always quick to assist with any questions I had when starting the job as a pharmacy clerk. At walmart there is always room to grow and become a manager which is great.
Basic pharmacy and customer service duties
Releasing drug order, filling prescriptions, typing prescriptions, customer service, cashiering, calling insurance and doctors offices, solving problems with patient’s prescription and or insurance coverage.
Terrible experience
Only good thing about working at Walmart was being able to get my license to work as a pharmacy technician without having to pay an arm and a leg. aside from that the pharmacist are extremely inappropriate with their technicians. majority of them have drug problems themselves. Have had pharmacist show up late and hung over with alcohol still on their breath..0/10 wouldn’t recommend.
great people, unprofessional company
great co-workers, not the greatest company to work for. They (the company) is very heart-less to families and pregnant woman. They don't take into account work and life balance very well. Lots of closing shifts required, regardless of family life. Best part about working there was your co-workers where very much like a big family. They helped you out outside of work if you needed a ride to work in bad weather or just a ride in general to make it to work.
Team work
I loved working with all of my customers and seeing the smiles on their faces it was wonderful. I had my days that it was stressful with my coworkers but who doesn't have those days.
Good pay but favoritism and drama
Few hardworking people make up for somewhat entitled workers. No room for advancement. Culture of elitism from some supervisors. Harassment not taken seriously, scapegoating rampant.
Nice
They are friendly and very nice people to work with. Smart pharmacist and technicians. They are funny and easy going.. the pharmacy is fast pace Alway busy
The worst
Extremely low pay under the market for what you’re doing long hours horrible metric system Company only cares about the money value they don’t even care about the customer service
Walmart pharmacy
I've been a full time employee at Walmart Pharmacy for 6 years now. It's been a great growing experience for me. Although the pay is decent, I am looking for a second job.
It was a good place to work
I loved my job at Walmart I didn’t have any complaints the pharmacy manager was very nice and understanding the pharmacist that came to work there also was great the employees was a good team