Walden Security Employee Reviews

I worked in the morning, 1st shift at the console greeting customers and visitors daily
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  downtown AtlantaDecember 5, 2018
I worked at the console greeting visitors and the customers of the building answering the phone. unarming and arming the alarm. completing reports for the day. dispatching officers to certain areas needed. watching the cctvs to protect the building. having to stop working to speak to the property manager 20 times a day so he can show his authority.
Pros
I love greeting people and helping customers through out the building
Cons
I didn't like how the property manager showed his authority
Good company
Guard/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sandy Springs, GADecember 10, 2018
Classroom training provided when you are hired is non paid. I am guessing this is to see who is serious about working for the company. For those that complete the training, this is a good company to work for. Management was good up until the point I left the company. Can not say what it is like now. Pay is dependent on the site, but usually starts around 10 dollars an hour.
Pros
Good sites to work at
Cons
Working in various weather conditions
walden is a great stepping stone
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 26, 2018
for anyone looking to get any experience or is trying to rejoin the work force this is the job for you. however for those who are looking to advance in the industry this is not the place to do it. Walden is a job that is for you to get to for a short while and then move on.
Pros
the working environment is usually relaxed
Cons
they do not give raises as they should and sometimes managemnt is very liusy.
No way to advance
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 7, 2018
Security is security work. The big deal is that they DO NOT want you to work any overtime. I take it this comes from the headquarters in Chattanooga, Tn. The head people make big dollars while the boots on the ground on the front lines at the client sites make crumbs. It's not a liveable wage, and some of the people really depend on it, it's unfortunate. Some people who work certain sites are lazy and don't want to do much. You can't blame them though, when you're getting paid a low wage.
Pros
Not a lot of Pros unfortunately.
Cons
Some people can't work in a team environment.
Supervisor Development
Assistant Director of Security & Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
In order to develop new supervisors. Upper Management should let the seasoned Supervisor teach, coach & mentor. Your have to trust your leadership. Officers are lazy. Will undermine a person that is a go getter. They loose more good people than bad officers. That's a contract killer. Portfolio Manager cannot be trusted.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Weak supervisors
Great job as a contractor
Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 10, 2018
It was an armed position at a federal courthouse working entry control. The only reason I left was our chairs were taken away by the Chief U.S. Marshall and I could not do the prolonged standing geared up with a bullet proof vest, gun belt and radio after a less than successful back surgery.
Pros
Great working environment working with great people
Cons
Extended periods of standing
Not a place you want to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Drama paradise. The more drama, the more they like you. Supervisors are not trained to know what to do. The Site manager is antisocial, unless you're in her click. No warnings of infractions are given, only write ups. Day shift dispatch rolls cameras back to spy on night shift officers activity. Once you reach your year anniversary, look out. Average job seniority is a year to a year and a half. Use vacation and they may try to find something to fire you for.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Hostile work environment
I enjoy working at Walden security
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoy working for Walden security and they take care of there employees because when I was first hired before I could finish orientation my wife died and they gave me 2weeks off then brought me back to finish the orientation and put me to work they also sent a nice floral arrangement to the funeral home and they didn't have to do anything like that but they did
Good Place with No money
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 22, 2018
Pros
Good Job Locations
Cons
Not enough money
A job that fulfills a need!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2018
Assisted contractors with signing/parking in to work onsite.
Learned how to be better at observation.
Management was fair.
Workplace culture-many employees tried to get away with not doing anything.
Job was very easy!
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the contractors.
Pros
A very easy job
Cons
High turn-over rate
Non-stop work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALAugust 22, 2018
Walden Security could be a great place to wok, but they need better communication with their employees, better benefits, pay raises, and a better plan for vacation and sick time. Also show appreciation to their employees that remain with the company and come to work everyday. But over all I thank them for giving me a job because it did help pay my bills and for that I'm grateful.
Cons
No breaks
Healthy place to work for
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCOctober 22, 2018
Great benefits great management caring and respectable kind and understanding to you personal affairs always just a phone call away some managers and site supervisors were rude and
Disrespectful.
Pros
Great benefits and vacation
Cons
Management on other sites where rude and unfriendly
A easy job that makes no money
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
They will have you travel miles away for jobs that pays 9 dollars a hour. You deal with people that don't want security around. Employees will do a no call no show. You informed management, either they won't answer the phone or will lie to you that they would get coverage. You will have to cover that shift if no one comes. They lie to you about advance in the company, there is none. If you want a job just to say you have a job and make NO MONEY, apply .
Pros
Cons
Pay and long drive to sites
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAAugust 16, 2018
Absolutely terrible degrading place to work, will pay you 7.75 when they’re making 30-50 for you to be there. Will write you up for listening to your superiors and doing what they say. They’re not organized at all and think and act like you are less then them. They will lie to you, lead you on and not care about your health or anything else, pretty much impossible to get help by anyone in the company. Would never work here again, glad I left now I’m running my own thing making 3-4 times more. They limit you and make you feel like your not competent to do anything else, I see why so many dumb people work there now. Don’t work for this company unless your a sheep.
Pros
Um don’t think they’re are any pros at all
Cons
Pay, benefits, treatment, moving up, what isn’t a con with them really they even garnish wages to pay for your uniform lol d
Upper Management Horrible
Security Officer (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Dalton, GAJuly 26, 2018
Do not care about employees. Treated like dirt. The only good was the other employees. The rest was day after day of fighting to be treated fairly. Not worth the effort unless you are desperate for work.Upper Manager is a joke with no sense of morals and no idea what the job actually entails. bad employees get more fair treatment than good ones. Even lower level management is treated poorly.
Pros
Easy to get hired as long as there is no criminal record
Cons
long hours, unfair treatment, low pay
Security Guard Position
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 23, 2018
The compensation for this company is contracted per company, low pay should be expected. I enjoyed learning about this job and some aspects were interesting. There were a variety of people working here. Standing in one place for extended periods of time and walking. It was not a very hard job unless you had to work a double which was more often the norm. the most enjoyable part of this job was professionalism and standard procedure.
Pros
Good entry level position
Cons
double shifts when associates wouldnt come to work.
Great place to get your feet wet or to start a professional environment type of career
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNJuly 21, 2018
The only negative about the job so far is that the health insurance is completely unaffordable if you're just a regular security officer. There's plenty of work for sure. They're usually needing help. I would strongly recommend this company for military as they work with employees and their schedule. The only downside is that they don't pay much. Pay is dependent on where you're located and the contract they have with the company/client.
Pros
Nice people/works with schedule/plenty of work
Cons
No breaks/expensive insurance/low wages
Easy job, poor management, alot of favoritism
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 13, 2018
The job is easy, laid back for the most part the thing I didnt like was the pay was very poor, & the management was extremely poor, alot of favoritism is played. When I started I was unarmed the management encouraged me to get my level 3 and advised they would make me a lead, so when that time came and I got my level 3 they only made me a part time lead making 14 (only for 2 days) even when there is more lead position open, I would ask to feel the spot but they would tell me there is none available when there is, they just gave me the run around. 2ndly while filling in an unarmed position (since no other lead position open) I still make 11 even when they advised me I need to have my weapon on, since I'm not in a lead position. I could go on and on but that would take all day, this company wouldn't be bad if they treated employees better, pay better, and definitely get better management. I do not reccomend this place its a waste of time!!
Pros
Easy
Cons
Pay is poor, managment very poor.
its sad
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 12, 2018
the property mangers control everything they have the right to let u go for no reason no on has your back so you bounce a round from site to site and i hate that so its really hard to work like that.
Pros
the other officers u meet
Cons
never stay at one site
relaxed
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDAugust 5, 2018
walden was a great company to work for. The only problem was they always had new supervisors. The perc of getting vacation time was you did not have to use the time you could cash the time in. the site were unorganized a lot but it was because of the site supervisor in which he had a lot of sites to cover.
Pros
very intellectual
Cons
unpaid time off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walden Security. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.6InHerSight Score

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight