Walden Security Employee Reviews

Walden
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 24, 2018
Typical day at work it was cool relaxing and fun.
I learned how to defuse a situation in the proper way. Management was okay it could have been better.
Workplace culture was okay. The hardest part of the jobe is where the guest didnt listen. The most enjoyable part of the job were the kids I loved seeing the kids there and getting excited.
Loved the job...
Account Manager/ Security (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 23, 2018
I worked for Walden for 3 years. I loved working for the company and thoroughly enjoyed every position I held with the company. However, the pay doesn't compensate the lack of work/life balance. Also, the health benefits are nearly non-existent.
Pros
Enjoyable work environment
Cons
no work/life balance, low pay, terrible benefits
With effective management have more room to improve
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 21, 2018
Great company to work for and the initial classroom training is a great plus in preparedness for the job.

More room to grow in consistently planning to provide coverage for security officers when scheduled officer call out.

Concerns over payroll issues are prevalent. Company should do more to relieve officers of this worrisome concerns. Overall a good company to work for
Pros
Job security
Cons
Shift coverage can be challenging
A fun place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMay 10, 2018
This company cares about their employees. They will reward their employees for their service. I have been with them for 8 years and they have always treated me good. I was awarded the employee of the month in 2017
Pros
they supply the uniforms
Cons
no sick leave
Relaxed workplace/post.
Unarmed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMay 9, 2018
During my time with Walden I never received a raise, however I did get employee of the month in June 2017 which paid $50.00. Although no raise was given during my time with Walden Security, there were other incentives that allowed for monetary compensation.
Pros
Paid time off and paid holidays.
Cons
no sick time.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2018
Working here was a great experience, it paid okay for me to just be a college student but moving forward in life no but I did appreciate being on the job.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 29, 2018
Walden is not a bad company it has bad management they put people in place base on friendship instead of work ethics it seem like you have to put certain things just for you to move up in the company and it should have to be like that.
Pros
more Money
Cons
Need more benefits should make the company armed
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 27, 2018
I have enjoyed working for the company. I was promoted within the company into higher paying positions. The hardest part of the job is being understaffed.
Pros
Good Security Company
Cons
Understaffed
laid back
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
It's hard to say because every location is different. A typical day for me 12 hour shift sign in on the hour collect your radio receive briefing from property manager, conduct foot patrols. I learn how to properly complete different incident reports, complete ODR . Management have little or no work be professional get the job done everyone happy. I take my culture with me so work culture was not a problem for me. The hardest part of the job was dealing with intoxicated guest. The staff was very easy to get along with.
Pros
free lunch
Wonderful Place of Employment
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  The Concorde Condominium, Atlanta, GAApril 24, 2018
Prior to having a new OPS Manager working and being the Concierge Manager at The Concorde Condominium was the 2nd best job I ever had for 8 years. I never thought / dreamed of working anywhere else.
Pros
The Residents
Cons
Support Management from Walden
Working for walden
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
My first year with Walden it was great it was peachy I had no problems everyone was good to work with my management team was good I had no problems year 2 and 1/2 at Walden my management team sucks made things a little harder to work with the people around you. Never get in any trouble because the mange mentioned team will not listen to what you have to say. In there words it's there way no way.
Pros
None.
Cons
No health benifits, no vacation pay, no holiday pay no good heath insurance
see review
Security Officer (Full-time) (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 20, 2018
Walden Security is a large company and has many job opportunities in numerous locations.I could not make a fair review based only on my experiences while employed.
One of the best.
Utility Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCApril 17, 2018
Security work is security work. Meaning there are going to be hours and sites you love and those you don't. But I can honestly say this company was one of the best I have encountered. The utility position helped me when I needed. I was able to experience different sites and hours so I was never bored. I would still be there and would have looked toward advancement if I would not have gotten an opportunity with a full time position in another area of interest that unfortunately left me unable to continue to do both. If I could go back and make more of course, I would.
Pros
Variety, advancement, networking
Cons
Somewhat low pay, sometimes long unexpected hours
Productive and fun place
3RD SHIFT MANAGER/SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 8, 2018
Great place for someone looking for a job in security or law enforcement
Of course working in security for Walden everyone wants to be the boss
laid back job, but no structure
Pros
Laid Back
Cons
Too many chiefs
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2018
Overall this company is not a good company to work for, no benefits low pay unfair treatment of employees. The company is very cut-throat and their is a negative atmosphere among the employees and management they are sort of ghetto-ish and over zealous with the job.
Walden is a good fit
Corporate Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 4, 2018
I liked working there,however the benefit package was not suitable for my needs,and was too expensive in regards to benefits offered, but if your looking for employment with a lot of overtime available this is a good fit.
Pros
Overtime hours are available if you want them.
Cons
You could be without any hours, if company contract is terminated, and the company has no other account to place you at, due to the company is a contract security company.
The morale was good
Security Officer/ Guard II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 28, 2018
The morale amongst the officers at Walden was great. The atmosphere was one that could mimic a family's. The pay was good, and there was great opportunity for more money to be made, via overtime or extra shifts.
Pros
Higher pay rate and unlimited ovetime.
Cons
No benefits.
very low pay I worked in the south park area I liked it but being in the cold weather was bad.the property management seem to be cut throat
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 23, 2018
I liked the site but the pay was horrible.the cold.the pay was bad.and not to mention they take out 198.00 on your first check.100.00 deposit for the uniforms and 38.00 for the registration license and the back ground check.it doesn't make any sense.I would not recommend this job to anyone. It's a very high turnover. RUN
Pros
easy site
Cons
low wages bad benefits
walden security
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TN 37402March 16, 2018
I do outside and inside rounds daily paperwork deal with the police and staff and public I would recommend walden security Its and unarmed job and I want to use my armed license
Pros
nice people
Cons
pay isnt whati want and i cant use my armed license
Another No-Answer Security Office
Not Applicable (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 13, 2018
Nobody answers the main (Orlando) line, the attendant who is supposed to respond to voice mails is not "subscribed" to that service and after waiting for the attendant the call ended. This is all-too-common among security companies in Florida.
Cons
unprofessional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walden Security. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight