Walden Security Employee Reviews

Crazy
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
The company is a little crazy. I was moved from my post because of a complaint & promoted to a higher position but the managers that were above hired any & everything .
Great job as a contractor
Court Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 10, 2018
It was an armed position at a federal courthouse working entry control. The only reason I left was our chairs were taken away by the Chief U.S. Marshall and I could not do the prolonged standing geared up with a bullet proof vest, gun belt and radio after a less than successful back surgery.
Pros
Great working environment working with great people
Cons
Extended periods of standing
10yrs with this company
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 6, 2018
I would recommend Walden to anyone who would ask because I have nothing bad to say,a great company to work for in the 10yrs I have been placed in an awesome working environment.
no acknowledgement of the very best.
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Hapeville, GASeptember 26, 2018
I have no confident in the operation management of Walden. I have been working at Walden for 4 years but seen no progress. Workplace culture horrible.
Pros
Have a job
Cons
No advancement hope
Not a place you want to work.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, TNSeptember 19, 2018
Drama paradise. The more drama, the more they like you. Supervisors are not trained to know what to do. The Site manager is antisocial, unless you're in her click. No warnings of infractions are given, only write ups. Day shift dispatch rolls cameras back to spy on night shift officers activity. Once you reach your year anniversary, look out. Average job seniority is a year to a year and a half. Use vacation and they may try to find something to fire you for.
Pros
Its a job.
Cons
Hostile work environment
I enjoy working at Walden security
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoy working for Walden security and they take care of there employees because when I was first hired before I could finish orientation my wife died and they gave me 2weeks off then brought me back to finish the orientation and put me to work they also sent a nice floral arrangement to the funeral home and they didn't have to do anything like that but they did
Stressful work place
SECURITY SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 13, 2018
Long work days 12 hrs day Lots of Walking. Learned to deal with different types of people. Got to train the new hires coming in. Fast pace at times. Good place to get some security officer training
Contract security SUCKS
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 12, 2018
Walden does not care about their employees. You are just a body to fill a position. There is no advancement. No competitive wages. The health insurance is horrible. Just an overall bad company to work for.
Cons
Pay. Management. Stressful posts.
Not the worst company, but not the best.
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Kingsport, TNSeptember 8, 2018
I worked for Walden for around 4 years. I tried to fill in when they would call me in, unless i had classes. I was moved from my post to another post. I worked less hours and more days for less money. The benefits arent terrible, but definitely arent great. The company has a high turnover rate. Some of the people are good people. Eddie and Gabe were good guys. The office workers arent very helpful. Takes forever to get paperwork and new uniforms. One of the things to be aware of is that you are not guaranteed relief. If your relief calls in, most of the time the supervisors nor the field supervisors will relieve you. You end up staying until they find you relief. Occasionally, they will let you leave if you really need to but will try to convince you to stay. The pay isnt great, and a lot of other security companies offer more. Overall, I wanted to stay with the company just because of convenience but am glad I left. I applied for a supervisor position after leaving, but found a better job as a regular guard making more than the supervisor position. Again, terrible pay.
Pros
Paid lunch, work with your schedule, friendly coworkers
Cons
No relief, pay, benefits
Stay Away
Unarmed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNSeptember 6, 2018
Drama city stay away ,rovers don't do their jobs,some Supervisor's are not helpful,project manager doesn't seem to care about the officers ,just event goes under the rug ! Very stressful, barely get bathroom breaks,and lunch breaks!! Then JLL is over Walden basically downtown for the state,JLL gets the good benefits and the pay while you never get a raise, you get straight pay if you work a holiday, no Team work ,no communication so everyone can be on the same page,It is all about the bodies just getting post filled,no concern for the employees, not a career job ,just something to pay the bills,if you love drama and stress ! Not worth the headaches and stress,could not continue with the mess,it's cut throat and a done deal overall,I wouldn't lie or recommend no one to work with all this is a mess!! No parking unless you walk further or get up really early to find one,can't ride the shuttle bus unless you contracted through the state which is stupid because you still providing your services to them,no one wants to walk it's to dangerous!!Parking is expensive downtown but who cares they don't have to pay for it!!
Pros
When you can get them
Cons
Healthcare, no raises, no bereavement pay, no appreciation
not a bad company
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNSeptember 3, 2018
Company could pay more some accounts are minimum wage, management is ok they help as much as they can. Overall not a bad company to work for i have recommended people.
A great starter company
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30328September 3, 2018
A great starter company. The culture is one of a team spirit on many sites. The clients are diverse and offer a large range in duties and opportunities.
Always be alert
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 3, 2018
The company have some good sites to work. The company is against African Americans wearing any kind of braids or dreadlocks. The company has a very high turn over rate due to pay.
Good job
Utility Security Officer/Rover (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 27, 2018
While I worked for the job, it was a high risk and could be intimidating for a lot of people, especially depending on which locations you may work. Overall it's just a job.
Productive and fun paly
SECURITY OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 25, 2018
The job sight i worked on was nice the employees where nice and they appreciated me and my services. The job was very easy not many post orders to follow.
wonderful
Unarmed Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Pulaski, TNAugust 23, 2018
great place to work but horrible if you dont agree with your manager even if they are in the wrong walden will let you go makes you feel almost like a slave no matter what you have to say yes master
Work is not hard
guard (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNAugust 23, 2018
Pay and benefits are lower than many other security jobs. Training for my area requires driving to another state due to regional lines, and you have to stay for 3 days at your own expense to train. Insurance is too high to afford for the pay received.
Cons
Pay/benifits
Non-stop work place
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Vance, ALAugust 22, 2018
Walden Security could be a great place to wok, but they need better communication with their employees, better benefits, pay raises, and a better plan for vacation and sick time. Also show appreciation to their employees that remain with the company and come to work everyday. But over all I thank them for giving me a job because it did help pay my bills and for that I'm grateful.
Cons
No breaks
Awesome work place
Security Officer, OIC (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 19, 2018
Awesome work place, management is great they work around your schedule or when your Ill . pay in great, no problems with pay. Uniform are professional.
Pros
Great place to work they care about you, mangers are awesome
Cons
No cons can not complain
Terrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Tunnel Hill, GAAugust 16, 2018
Absolutely terrible degrading place to work, will pay you 7.75 when they’re making 30-50 for you to be there. Will write you up for listening to your superiors and doing what they say. They’re not organized at all and think and act like you are less then them. They will lie to you, lead you on and not care about your health or anything else, pretty much impossible to get help by anyone in the company. Would never work here again, glad I left now I’m running my own thing making 3-4 times more. They limit you and make you feel like your not competent to do anything else, I see why so many dumb people work there now. Don’t work for this company unless your a sheep.
Pros
Um don’t think they’re are any pros at all
Cons
Pay, benefits, treatment, moving up, what isn’t a con with them really they even garnish wages to pay for your uniform lol d

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walden Security. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
1.6

1.6Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight