Walden Security Employee Reviews

bad
Security officer (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 7, 2019
Middle management is terrible, but the site manager was nice. Middle management was a pain, and you have to stay to work if the person who is there to relieve you doesnt show up.
Fun workplace
Walden security (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 7, 2019
I work with wonderful people,my coworkers are awesome and my supervisor is very understanding.i love lloyd and ilena they are the best if anything you need they will be the one's to help you with new uniforms,id,badge and ride's to and from home.we always get paid on time.orlando is the best work place you can come to.55 west is one of are strong minded post for only the strong hard and understanding working just got to keep your eyes open at all time's.my boss lloyd he payed for my Lyft for 4 days while my car was in the shop and I thank God for him cause I'm a single parent and he help me out alot.
Pros
Wonderful benefits and good people to work with
Cons
They don't listen to your input.
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYApril 19, 2019
I worked for Walden for 7 months,and during that period I noticed one officer on the job,to be under the influence of alcohol. Keep in mind that we are or were armed. I reported to my supervisor and area manager of my suspicion of this officer drinking while on duty. This officer was eventually found deceased on the job. Hope this helps you to make the right decision in applying for a position for this company.
Pros
Pay
Cons
You read it
Awesome
Site Security Officer /Lead Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 15, 2019
Awesome Company to work I will go back to them again. What I learned from them is how important security to corporation. I also became a Lead Security Officer in less than a year. Due to my experience in payroll, and time sheet back ground. which gave me the experience in being a supervisor assistant.
They gave me a decent part time job when I needed one
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 14, 2019
Work conditions were good, co-workers were pleasant and fun. The work was not difficult, and the pay was as good or better than most jobs in the same category. Training and supervision were good. No complaints.
Pros
A well run compnay, very organized and on task, professional
Cons
greedy, scheming and underhanded.
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 12, 2019
The people and management at the work site were cool, but the people in the office were shifty and underhanded. I went threw training and to this day was never given my license for security work but they still had me working. On several occasions I had to talk with the people in the office about messing up my pay check. and from the looks of it (and talking to other employees) it happened regularly to most of the guards.
Low pay
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNApril 12, 2019
Site determines your pay, not experience. Relaxed atmosphere on job. Probably would recommend to someone just starting out in Security.
Good staff with helpful in site to job and what is expected of you as a Security Officer.
Pros
Good Manaver
Cons
Low pay.
Good job
Personal Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TN 37923April 8, 2019
Anyone looking for a security or done security, this is a good company to work for. Good job plus benefits for military personnel and retired veterans.
Good place to start career in security
Armed Mobile Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 5, 2019
Payed training in the field as far as state licence handcuff training defensive fighting techniques defensive driving handgun training on the job learning for pretty much base pay
I love working at Walden security
SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNApril 4, 2019
I love working at Walden security, I pretty much work by myself and can work at my own pace as long as the job gets done. My field supervisor and manager a truly great! I think I have found my ideal job.
Pros
It's not a physically demanding job
Cons
Low Wages
Having a job
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 1, 2019
The only thing I can say about Walden Security is that I had "a job". I monitored ingress and egress via cameras and conducted interior and exterior patrols. That was pretty much the complete job. There were days were I was temporary Supervisor for a night here and there, but that was about it. To put it nicely, I didn't care for the job. The Supervisor was as wimpy and sorry as humanly possible. The only reason we enjoyed seeing him every morning, was because we knew we were getting off work. The job was boring with little to learn and the schedule was pretty horrible. Sometimes we worked all three shifts in one week and although I had a "set" schedule, my days off were never together and promises of a better schedule were never discussed, quickly dismissed or promised but never acted upon.
Pros
A job and gym access before or after work .
Cons
Everything else.
It is a ok place to work for
Security Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNMarch 31, 2019
Not very well structured, they should have on call security officers in case there is a no show so other security officers don't have to do doubles or triple over time.
Terrible place to work.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Smyrna,TNMarch 26, 2019
DO NOT WORK HERE! You will never see your family. You will never have time off. You will never have a life. You will however work with unreliable people and stay up to 20 hours if they cant find coverage. Be prepared to be a slave.
Armed Security Woodford Reserve Distillery
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Versailles, KYMarch 22, 2019
Both fast paced, and also slow at times, at Woodford Reserve Distillery
Pay is among the best in the region.
Training is adequate, which includes firearms, CPR, first aid, handcuffs, baton, and OC spray.
Management does a very good job, but if you are looking to get promoted, or advance your career with Walden, you probably need to look elsewhere. Walden claims to promote from within news, what does just the opposite. If one complains about the promotion process, and they will cut your hours to where you will either get with the program, or have to quit. Other than this, if you don't mind working without any ambition , other than this, Walden is a great place to work.
Pros
Great Pay, adequate benefits, family atmosphere, good management
Cons
No advancement opportunities, favoritism at times
better pay would eliminate some problems
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2019
The work place can be stressful mainly because of a lack of manpower to accomodate the required post and hours to cover the post.At times they want to impose mandatory overtime. I think the real reason for not getting and keeping qualified personl is the low pay which is currently $10.10 a hour
Performance
Security Officer/ Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 14, 2019
It was ok, but when you are accused for doing something wrong, instead of investigating they do not take your side and find out what really happen. When tried to report and asked for investigation you are blown off.
Don't work here
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Chattanooga, TNMarch 11, 2019
Minimum pay, horrible benefits, little opportunity for advancement, expected to work every holiday(no rotation). Just overall a joke of a company that cares nothing about the employees.
Good job, set pay, some overtime, poor retention rate.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 9, 2019
This job is good, if you are looking to work 40+ hours every week just to get by. Tons of employees left since I had began my employment. There seems to be a lot of favoritism in the job as well. Very big lack of communication as well.
Pros
Quiet environment overnights.
Cons
Poor retention rate. Low pay rate.
The way Security should be.
Officer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2019
Great management. They care about their employees. Stable schedule. They always do the right thing. Amazing coworkers. They promote within unlike other companies. I highly recommended Walden.
Pros
Honest
Cons
Pay
Excellent training and they had qualified individuals
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 2, 2019
Excellent company I work for three security Corporation and Walden is best one that I have work for excellent individual excellent benefits excellent pay excellent training, they aim hard to hire excellent people they treat people with respect they concern about the employees you have one now
Pros
Just over all the excellent company they pay excellent

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walden Security. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.1Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.3Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight