Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Very beautiful place was my second home
Bellman / Doorman (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRJanuary 12, 2019
I liked working there meet a lot of people from around the world stress full sometimes out door most of the time its a big resort have to walk a lot must be in shape.
Pros
health care
Life at the arizona biltmore resort
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016January 5, 2019
For the most part; I really enjoyed working for the arizona biltmore resort. The last few years the company changed and the managers over me were influenced by outside sources and decided to remove me from my position. Because of this I lost my job for discussing this loudly with the wrong manager. I had left the paper work I signed as an agreement in one of the managers offices and had not completely read it before signing it. Due to this I lost my job, and this was my own fault for going to the wrong manager.
Pros
I am no longer having my paper work altered. And don't have to be harassed.
Cons
I no longer have a job.
managment
AV Technician (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 29, 2018
Recommends
Positive Outlook
Approves of CEO
I have been working at Omni Hotels full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The management team is very understanding of life situations. They want you to be well balanced and can assist where needed. I feel heard by my leaders and coworkers. I also feel appreciated when I do a job well done. I feel encouraged to acknowledge others and to help others. Growing the garden - our leaders truly believe in promoting within and growing their associates.
this job was excllent
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 5, 2018
I enjoyed working here everyday of my life and had to leave them when I was younger because of moving issues but I would love to return to that site great pay and great people
Fast paced environment
SALON SERVICES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Park City, UTDecember 3, 2018
Working here will give you an opportunity to expand your knowledge of everything you learned in school, great for recent cosmetology school graduates.
Good and bad
Steward (Former Employee) –  ChicagoNovember 13, 2018
Everything was good about this place except,the co-workers that work as a steward with me'always leaving to the bathroom and doing drugs,they will never be around
good place to work
no idea (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2018
it is a good place to work the benefit not too bad , but the heath insurance not too good you get paid time off i like this benefit but any days you work you have same paid no Holiday paid
Pros
free lunch
Cons
30 munits lunch and 15 munit brake
Nice place to work
Bartender/Waiter (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 22, 2018
Coworkers are great. Management .... Not so much. Lots of history and charm at the hotel. Employees opinions are not welcome. Tip policy is unfair. Hours ate difficult. Requiref to frequently work late and morning early the next morning.
Pros
free meals, discounted hotels
Cons
hectic pace, disorganized at times
Fun place great pay
Banquet Server/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Kīhei, HIOctober 22, 2018
Beautiful place and standards are good. This is a great job in any department. I have worked all of the food and beverage outlets. Great discounts from Hilton.
Pros
Its all good in maui working here
Cons
Grumpy other employees
nice place to work
server (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 17, 2018
i enjoyed working here. beautiful place and great benefits to the employees who work there. the location is great and convenient to reach. had to leave to relocate.
Excellent structure
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  UAEOctober 16, 2018
A structured hotel and resort company that embraces individuality and offers career progression and support. A holistic approach to all public relations and marketing activities to support the sales team of the hotel.
Day at Work
REAL ESTATE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
It was a fun and rewarding job working as a bellmen for Hilton. I learned so much about dealing with all walks of life, how to deal with people. I'm grateful for the opportunity from the Hilton organization. I learned how to serve customers, I learned how to multitask and to think outside the box. As a Bellman I started a day organizing guest bags. Then started helping the guests taking them to the rooms and showing them the amenities of the hotel. My job required not only good costumer service, but also had heavy work, moving heavy bags during the day.
Fast paced and confusing place to work
Line cook/ Banquet cook (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 5, 2018
The sous chefs at Waldorf Astoria have absolutely no idea what they are doing , poor time management and are just looking for someone to blame when things go south and deadlines aren’t met. You receive no actual training , you are given a handbook (which is outdated) and are thrown into work with no knowledge of plating and cooking procedures. Starting off everyone ignores you, get attitude when you asks questions or tells you to read your handbook. Several long term employees complained about the workload as you are asked to multi task tons of things at one time last minute with a vigorous deadline approaching. All this while balancing tickets as a line/pantry cook. It’s nice seeing tons of products; fresh, expensive and varieties but that’s about it.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Workload, poor management, poor training
Warm inviting work with room for promotions
POOL AND BEACH ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Work place was a welcoming environment with an amazing upper staff as well as co-workers. The job doesn't seem to have a large base salary but it makes up for it in tips which can range anywhere from $30 to $300 in a single day. overall an amazing jib that requires minimal training(all provided and paid for by Hilton).
Pros
Lunch Included, large tips, Inclusive work environment
Cons
Tightly timed breaks
Opinion
Travel Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fajardo, PR 00738September 30, 2018
In my past job I talked to guest to book reservations to the rainforest etc. I learned computers and make reservations. The management was good. I liked the workplace where I was located. I didn't have hardest part. Customer Service
Good environment most of the time, good people, occasional poor treatment to employees
Snack Attendant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Overall a good place to work at. Has times where very unorganized and carefree. Management does not treat employees well at times. Extensive work expected in short amounts of time.
Pros
Personable coworkers
Cons
No bonuses for working holidays
great
Overnight front desk manager/agent (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 28, 2018
great place to work at becuase of the enviroment that you are working in. It is very quickly paced and easy learning job. When you need time off due to something personal they are very understanding.
Nothing to say all good
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I miss the Waldorf I met a lot of people and made a lot friends.I learned a 3rd language.It was a union job so nobody could touch me,I could not get fired, I paid my union dues,and did my job and did it well,and advanced.
Pros
60%off Hotel lodges get And resorts 65% off gift shop and restaurants
Cons
To many hours, working mandatory Holidays, and attending union meetings
fun place to work
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Loved my job! great guests! great employees! typical day at work would be do side work, look at section and take care of guests, clean up after guests, clean work area
Very busy but productive work place where you feel like family to everyone.
Healthclub Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work is making sure I maintain a steady and clean workplace and making sure that the members and guest of the resort are satisfied. Thank you.
Pros
Hotel stay benefits
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.