Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

Excellent structure
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee) –  UAEOctober 16, 2018
A structured hotel and resort company that embraces individuality and offers career progression and support. A holistic approach to all public relations and marketing activities to support the sales team of the hotel.
Day at Work
REAL ESTATE AGENT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 5, 2018
It was a fun and rewarding job working as a bellmen for Hilton. I learned so much about dealing with all walks of life, how to deal with people. I'm grateful for the opportunity from the Hilton organization. I learned how to serve customers, I learned how to multitask and to think outside the box. As a Bellman I started a day organizing guest bags. Then started helping the guests taking them to the rooms and showing them the amenities of the hotel. My job required not only good costumer service, but also had heavy work, moving heavy bags during the day.
Fast paced and confusing place to work
Line cook/ Banquet cook (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 5, 2018
The sous chefs at Waldorf Astoria have absolutely no idea what they are doing , poor time management and are just looking for someone to blame when things go south and deadlines aren’t met. You receive no actual training , you are given a handbook (which is outdated) and are thrown into work with no knowledge of plating and cooking procedures. Starting off everyone ignores you, get attitude when you asks questions or tells you to read your handbook. Several long term employees complained about the workload as you are asked to multi task tons of things at one time last minute with a vigorous deadline approaching. All this while balancing tickets as a line/pantry cook. It’s nice seeing tons of products; fresh, expensive and varieties but that’s about it.
Pros
Free lunch, decent pay
Cons
Workload, poor management, poor training
Warm inviting work with room for promotions
POOL AND BEACH ATTENDANT (Former Employee) –  Key West, FLSeptember 30, 2018
Work place was a welcoming environment with an amazing upper staff as well as co-workers. The job doesn't seem to have a large base salary but it makes up for it in tips which can range anywhere from $30 to $300 in a single day. overall an amazing jib that requires minimal training(all provided and paid for by Hilton).
Pros
Lunch Included, large tips, Inclusive work environment
Cons
Tightly timed breaks
Opinion
Travel Desk Agent (Current Employee) –  Fajardo, PR 00738September 30, 2018
In my past job I talked to guest to book reservations to the rainforest etc. I learned computers and make reservations. The management was good. I liked the workplace where I was located. I didn't have hardest part. Customer Service
Good environment most of the time, good people, occasional poor treatment to employees
Snack Attendant (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Overall a good place to work at. Has times where very unorganized and carefree. Management does not treat employees well at times. Extensive work expected in short amounts of time.
Pros
Personable coworkers
Cons
No bonuses for working holidays
great
Overnight front desk manager/agent (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 28, 2018
great place to work at becuase of the enviroment that you are working in. It is very quickly paced and easy learning job. When you need time off due to something personal they are very understanding.
Nothing to say all good
Bartender/Server (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 20, 2018
I miss the Waldorf I met a lot of people and made a lot friends.I learned a 3rd language.It was a union job so nobody could touch me,I could not get fired, I paid my union dues,and did my job and did it well,and advanced.
Pros
60%off Hotel lodges get And resorts 65% off gift shop and restaurants
Cons
To many hours, working mandatory Holidays, and attending union meetings
fun place to work
Cocktail Server (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 14, 2018
Loved my job! great guests! great employees! typical day at work would be do side work, look at section and take care of guests, clean up after guests, clean work area
Very busy but productive work place where you feel like family to everyone.
Healthclub Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLSeptember 12, 2018
A typical day at work is making sure I maintain a steady and clean workplace and making sure that the members and guest of the resort are satisfied. Thank you.
Pros
Hotel stay benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Muy buen ambiente de trabajo!
BANQUET SERVER (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 5, 2018
El lugar es muy lindo y el personal es muy amable. El ambiente es bastante agradrable. aprendi mucho de en la posicion que trabaje ahi. (Banquet server)
Pros
Buenos compañeros de trabajo
Front desk
Front Office Agent (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 27, 2018
It a lot of work and they will do everything in their power to keep you underpaid.lskdjf'a;skdfjsdfsldkfjsdlkfjsdlfkjsdlfkjsldfkjsldfkjsldfkjsldfkjsdlfkjsdlfkjsldkfj
Great company to work for clientele is very demanding so be ready to eat humble pie. Oten they tip but it seems the very wealthy does not tip as oten>
Facility maintenance technician (Former Employee) –  Park City, UT 84098August 26, 2018
greatness
BANQUET CHEF (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 23, 2018
working at the waldorf was a exciting and mostly great experience where everyday was a new challenge which made for strong leaders. great place to work
Fun workplace
SUPERVISOR IN PLAYER SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 21, 2018
I would most definitely recommend working here. They really teach you life skills and the essence of team work. I will always value my time that I spent there.
great opening team
Spa and Recreation Manager (Former Employee) –  Ras al kahamihAugust 12, 2018
Great company to work for, good work life balance, pre opening was new and i learned about budget and trainings for a 5 star hotel
stored support from the management team
It s very productive and fun place to work
On Call Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 10, 2018
It s organise place .very good management .fun to work good benefit .employe cafeteria very nice ,very good food . It s easy to talk with the management
Pros
Discount the stay in hilton
Cons
Insurance
A place where it felt like home
Banquet Waiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2018
The Waldorf was a dream job. The pay was great, the team members was the best. The food fantastic. The enviorment wonderful. The guest was of most importatants and the least of importance. Presidents, they all graced the Waldorf. The magic of the hotel made all that entered a star and one to be cater to. The unfogetable experince of the Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY, unforgetable.
Pros
Cons
A lot of work
It was a nice job
BELLMAN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2018
Good employees and boss and nice luxury hotel . Located in a nice part of manhattan . Very nice pedestrians. Hotel Closed down a few years back but if it didn’t i would still be there .
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Shut down of hotel
Wonderful Property
Temp Purchasing Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2018
Appreciated the opportunity.

Smooth day typically at work. I learned how to multitask, and always was willing to help the team I managed. The workplace culture for normal for Hospitality, room for morale boosting, but overall nice place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about