Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts Employee Reviews

A place where it felt like home
Banquet Waiter (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2018
The Waldorf was a dream job. The pay was great, the team members was the best. The food fantastic. The enviorment wonderful. The guest was of most importatants and the least of importance. Presidents, they all graced the Waldorf. The magic of the hotel made all that entered a star and one to be cater to. The unfogetable experince of the Waldorf Astoria, New York, NY, unforgetable.
Pros
Cons
A lot of work
It was a nice job
BELLMAN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 5, 2018
Good employees and boss and nice luxury hotel . Located in a nice part of manhattan . Very nice pedestrians. Hotel Closed down a few years back but if it didn’t i would still be there .
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Shut down of hotel
Wonderful Property
Temp Purchasing Manager/Buyer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 3, 2018
Appreciated the opportunity.

Smooth day typically at work. I learned how to multitask, and always was willing to help the team I managed. The workplace culture for normal for Hospitality, room for morale boosting, but overall nice place.
Great work place
Lobby Concierge (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ 85016August 1, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. The pay was okay but the healthcare and benefit were great! Never a boring day at this Hotel. Meeing wonderful people every day was definetly a plus. The front office was like a family. You could always speak your mind comfortably without recourse.
Pros
Free lunch, great health care, great benefitss
Cons
Only one break in the day on busy days.
Tranquilidad
Ski Valet (Former Employee) –  Parck City - Estados UnidosAugust 1, 2018
El clima laboral desde el punto de vista de Estudiante de Intercambio era increíble. Las personas nos ayudaban en todo siempre, eran pacientes y siempre estaban dispuestos a ayudarnos. Teníamos todos los beneficios y algunos incentivos esporádicamente.
Family Oriented staff
In Room Dining server (Former Employee) –  Orleans, INJuly 24, 2018
Your work crew will stick together as a family and make it very enjoyable. During stressful times we work together to make things work. Most associates go out for drinks with their colleagues after work.
The Waldorf...
Security Department (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 23, 2018
This is a great place to work and have great team members that work very hard. Food is compensated but we do have to clock out for lunchs and are not allowed to leave because if they need us. Managment is great for the most part but there are sour apples. I love my job but there is alot of small sidework that gets old and team work is not there in some deparments. The GM and assist GM dont seem to care much about the employee and only worry about the actual business itself. Great people have been forced out due to older age after giving 30+ years to the company. They give you plenty of PTO from the company itself but good luck using it.

Pros- Great work environment and team members are the reason I stay. Everyone is nice and the diversity here is insane. Working with some many different cultures is a plus and an eye opener.
Pros
Free lunchs and great people to work with.
Cons
Pay, Managment, Work/Life balance
Great company
Senior Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 22, 2018
This is a great company. Awesome culture. Loved going to work. This hotel was well respected and I enjoyed working there. The pay and benefits were good.
A great Resort for guest and also a great place to work.
VIP Resort Driver (Former Employee) –  14200 Bonett Creek Resort LaneJuly 9, 2018
A wonderful place to work, where you met nice and happy people
This resort is very well manage and very well keep. The team members at this resort work together as a team and are train to met all guest expectations.
Pros
Great place to work.
Cons
No cons
A great place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 4, 2018
I would say that for the most part my team was amazing. They were supportive of my decisions and helped when I needed help. The whole management team was great and they were always there to help me grow.
Pros
Free lunches, great atmosphere, surreal location
great way to start a career
SERVER ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 3, 2018
Fantastic place to work and grow as a person. I have been with the company and I absolutely love the company. They offer a great deal of knowledge to help any prosper in hospitality.
very good place to work
Kitchen Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 30, 2018
have a very good team, and comunications,is a very safe place,and have good management and resources.i learned a lot over there,there are people who want to teach, with no problems, and you have the chance to grow.
Pros
pto
Cons
n/a
Work Place
Spa Concierge (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 29, 2018
For the pass 5 years i had the pleasure of working for a great 5 star Spa.I learn so much from dealing with difficult guess,to dealing with amazing people.i also had the pleasure of working with amazing staff.Now it is time for me to grow financially looking for better opportunity.
Tiring schedule
Cook Level 2 (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 13, 2018
No work life balance with guest room dining, it is a 24 hour area. The work is dome alone 90% of the time so no opportunity to help if it gets busy. no work advancement
Was a great experience to work their
COOK (Former Employee) –  Fajardo, PRJune 11, 2018
Learned a lot and had fun while I worked their for several years, working with my coworkers general management was a great experience for me, unfortunately due to Hurricane Maria the hotel closed, if given the chance I would like to return and work again there.
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  FloridaJune 3, 2018
Highly recommend. Opportunity to grow, great benefits, outstanding culture. Everyone is empowered to do the right thing and make a difference. Travel benefit is among the best in the industry.
fast paced, friendly work environment, competitive benefits and good work life balance.
Night Baker/ Banquet Cook (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2018
The Waldorf was an excellent place to work. There were a lot of different work opportunities available to help me learn and grow as a pastry and banquet cook.
Overall 4 stars because of the money
waiter/ bartender (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 18, 2018
Management is horrendous but the money is phenomenal. Worth it for the experience as one can get a hospitality job virtually anywhere if successful at the Boca Resort
Pros
Money
Cons
Management and obscene hours
comfortable working
PBX Phone Operator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 11, 2018
Different situation require different approaches. Motivated by impact of work. Answering PBX phone lines and follow through on guest requests. It was a good opportunity to start my career in guest services. I appreciated the commute.
Pros
Free lunch/food
Cons
No growth
Did not like working for this employer.
Grounds Technician (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 11, 2018
Wasn't treated fairly as far as work performance. Felt rushed to do assignments which I didn't agree with being that every task had to be timed and it was kind of hard on my behalf being that I was still fresh into the company.
Pros
Great looking hotel and golf course.
Cons
Poor staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Our community is ready to answer.