Walgreeens Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Not a Company looking out for their employees! Cut throat Liars!
PHARMACIST-FT FLOAT (Former Employee) –  DFWMarch 10, 2018
This is not a place to get a job...you will risk your entire career. The management can basically make up whatever they can come up with to demean you...AWFUL!! MISERABLE WORK ENVIRONMENT!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else imaginable
Me gustó mucho la esperiensia de trabajo me gustaría trabajar por siempre con la farmacia.
Servicio al cliente (Former Employee) –  Ponce, PRFebruary 6, 2018
Me gustó este trabajo. Es muy bueno. Aprendí mucho en el quisiera volver a trabajar con ustedes.
Very busy and usually seemed to be short staffed with techs.
Part Time Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOFebruary 2, 2018
Extremely busy and seemed that in most locations the pharmacist was always working short handed. Worked in 14 different locations part-time over the few years. Each was set up differently in regard to product placement, which made it a new challenge to locate some products. Management seemed fair in my brief interaction with them. Overall I would say the work place culture is, "work hard, then leave," . Have to say I did not feel that there is a consistent overall culture. Just depended on the individual store manager. Overall most employees were nice and helpful and made the job enjoyable most of the time, but again that depended on the location.
Pros
Internal computer system is user friendly
Cons
Each pharmacy sets up the layout of the products differently.
Pot Lucks, Birthday Cakes and Work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Pigeon Forge, TNSeptember 19, 2017
We just started having birthday cakes, and there has always been monthly or bimonthly potlucks to celebrate holidays and football games and the like. It made working there a bit more fun, and it made you feel important to have a cake and be sung to. The work isn't that difficult and a sense of accomplishment can be found once a stack of totes is complete.
Pros
The discount prices
Cons
Favoritism, no problems truly get solved, tension, stress, a negative environment to those sensitive to bad vibes
Great customer interaction
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 11, 2017
IT was great experience to interact daily with such a diverse group of individuals. Knowing your regulars customers' like they are part of your family. Being able to help a patron get the right help on prescriptions or OTC product to help with a condition.
Pros
People Interaction, making a difference
Cons
some bad customer interaction situations
Sims Coordinator
Sims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 18, 2017
Monitoring the accurancy of warehouse and vendor ordering process as the orders are created. Basically inventory and resets for the store. maintaining the accuracy of on-hand balances and pricing on store inventory.Reviewing, supervising, and coordinating the proper uses of reports and system applications which have impact on the accuracy of on-hand balances and pricing.
Only worry about numbers and not people
Call Center Coordinator Level B (Current Employee) –  Bannockburn, ILMay 21, 2015
Review incoming cases and incidents reported by stores, each case is different and would require a different set of requirements to properly identify the problem store reports. Perform all documented procedures and some undocumented to see if any additional steps will help the cause. Based on the result would vary on where the next course of action would be. Management has lately become limited on what they can do and are instructed by departments that are not directly involved with ours, causing backlogs in procedures and work.
Pros
Dedicated hard working people
Cons
No room for advancement
fast paced friendly fun enviroment
Front End Cashier (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 30, 2014
A workday would consist of stocking and cleaning shelves and merchandise. Markdowns and pricing merchandise and selling merchandise
Pros
always busy`
Cons
too busy to get breaks
Wonderful Walgreens
SENIOR BEAUTY ADVISOR - SIMS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Shelby Township, MichiganApril 15, 2014
Walgreens is a wonderful pharmacy/retail store. I enjoyed my seven years there very much. I met wonderful people in co-workers and especially the variety of customers that I had the privilege of speaking with or even getting to observe.

In my years as a head beauty advisor I enjoyed setting up cosmetic displays and creating beautiful and creative shelves to display our new seasonal products. I also had a blast helping customers choose their perfect cosmetic colors and fragrant scents. I used the skills I learned in classes and pamphlets and the ones I studied up on my own free time to help customers solve all kinds of beauty and skin problems by helping them find the correct products to meet their needs. While doing this, we loved chatting and they would come back to my store looking just for me. In this position we also had competitive sales goals with other stores in our district so the challenge was always exciting and motivating.

In my years as a SIMS coordinator I did inventory duties. I scanned products and checked the counts to make sure what was on the shelf and in the stockroom matched what was in the system. I did ordering. I received in the vendors. I did lots of paperwork reports that were created for the position to keep track of our product numbers and placement within the store. I checked expiration dates on the shelf and in the stockroom. I did many things to keep the products going smoothly in the store. However, being on the sales floor, I was also there to help customers. I often went back to the stockroom to bring out extra stock and
  more... was always there to answer customer questions and help them find products with a smile.

The hardest part of the job was upset customers. Sometimes people would get upset when we would run out of products that we were advertising. This was perfectly understandable but it was hard sometimes to help calm people down that were purely irate.

The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and being exposed different ages, cultures, and personalities. I had fun talking to everyone and helping people.

I am still friends with many of my co-workers to this day.

I left the company due to wanting to be a stay at home mom to my daughter.

I am now looking for a job/career that is not in retail as I'd like to try my hand at something else.
Pros
Flexible Schedules, Friendly Management and Staff
Cons
Working all Holidays
My Work Place
Head Photo Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GAAugust 17, 2013
Every day I go to work thinking of how I'm going to help customers get stay and live well by helping them find everything they came into the store to get. I love helping customers to the best of my ability.
I work my nice and friendly workplace, I get alone with everyone.
The hardest thing at work is running more than one department on my own and trying to help all the customers that needs help on the sales floor.
Fast paced work enviroment,no idle time.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Hollywood,FloridaNovember 12, 2012
Fast paced work enviroment,no idle time and small work staff.Must be able to work as two.Managment and coworkers are constantly under presurre to perform more because of reduced workforce.Being under staff has brought all team members closer.We have a diverse staff and that makes it enjoyable to learn different cultures.
Pros
diverse staff
Cons
short staff