Walgreens Employee Reviews

Stressful
Function Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Vernon, ILNovember 17, 2017
A typical day at work was at least 5 hours of meetings. Everyday you are asked how you engaged with your team members and then told by upper management how unsuccessful you were. The hardest part of the job was never knowing if you were doing the right thing. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my team.
Pros
Growing company
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Johnston, RINovember 17, 2017
Walgreens was my first job, it was a summer job but still a job. I enjoyed working there. Customers were great and so were other employees. It was not hard working there it was fairly easy. there was more work to be done than I originally thought, but that did not phase me. I still did what I had to do and enjoyed it.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Good place for people with older kids or none.
detrash (Former Employee) –  Williamston, SCNovember 17, 2017
The job was pretty easy, however they change your hours alot. Moving people to different departments is something thay happens alot, even though they dont warn you during orientation.
Pros
pretty clean environment
Cons
no overtime hours
relaxed environment and great coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CANovember 16, 2017
A typical day in my position requires working the register and stocking the shelves from time to time. I learned how to take calls, provide customer service, and how to make orders. The management was good and friendly. The culture in the workplace was great and warm. A lot of diversity and a great understanding between the staff. The hardest part of the job was working during the holiday season because we had a small staff. The most enjoyable part was meeting customers that come from afar.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
small window of available shifts
feels like highschool
Sales (Current Employee) –  Wildwood, NJNovember 16, 2017
the job is very repetitive, after being there for about a month you can easily tell there are many issues with management and store quality. people get away with everything from hiding on the clock, talking on their phones on the sales floor, bullying other staff members, and when the issues become addressed you then become a target.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management, store enviroment, lack of hours
Amazing
Sims Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLNovember 16, 2017
Amazing company to work for. They always took care of their associates no matter the circumstance . Customer service driven and a lot of teamwork provided to get the jobs done.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
No overtime
Enjoyable place to work.
Photo Department Technician (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLNovember 16, 2017
I worked for Walgreens for 7 years and I enjoyed working in the pharmacy helping the patients. Every day I would go into work sign on to a computer and start typing perscriptions. Each one would have to be checked by the pharmacist. The hardest part about the job was the amount of the job was the lack of help, and the most enjoyable part was getting to know so many different people.
people friendly workplace
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Clinton, MDNovember 16, 2017
I love my conversations with my customers. A lot of the customers that came into Walgreens were considered to be regulars, meaning that they came into the store many times through out the day or week.
Pros
very close to home.
Cons
short breaks
Good
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  29 west hialeahNovember 16, 2017
Para mi aber trabajado en Walgreens fue una experiencia maravillosa , ya que aprendi michisimas cosas nuevas k no sabia . Y muy buenas personas k se encuentran hay
Challenging position in customer services or related areas offering many opportunities to advance.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHNovember 16, 2017
Tasks related to different areas of the including food preparation, cash register duties, customer service, general housekeeping and other related functions.
It was a fast-paced, personal experience to meet the highest, required needs of/for our patients.
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 16, 2017
My pharmacy team members and I worked together as a family and ALWAYS communicated. That is a big key role in pharmacy. I had great team members! The workplace energy was high and we always took care of the customers. Went above and beyond to help. Learning new things almost everyday! You can never learn too much!
Great Job
Family Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Township of Deptford, NJNovember 16, 2017
Excellent job as a FNP, allows for independence, great pay and flexibility.

Exposure to different types acute care illness and episodic care. Quick paced environment.
Good start
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLNovember 16, 2017
Walgreens is a job to get your foot in the door regarding pharmacy positions. Very fast paced. Technicians have to do pretty everything from ordering meds, typing prescriptions, and billing insurances. Learned a lot.
Working for Walgreens
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJNovember 16, 2017
I wish i would have a better experience when i was working for the company it was just the location i was placed at, at the time . Just the whole experience for me wasn't what i expected.
fast paced
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 16, 2017
I would not have minded Walgreen's but management changed so often so that made it difficult to adjust. Also the turnover with employees was through the roof.
Pros
having a job
Cons
too many management changes
Great place to work.
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Missouri City, TXNovember 16, 2017
Overall rating*
Benefits
Cons
Hours
productive fast company
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VANovember 16, 2017
Like working there into the company mad a lot of changes. New manager let ever one do what they want. A lot of the work would fall back on a few of the employees.
Great company overall with business minded individuals
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLNovember 16, 2017
I enjoy the teaching, being able to hire employees, promoting from within. The other side is lack of promotion here in my region. I would like to do more and I am ready to explore other opportunities.
Good seasonal job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Dillon, CONovember 16, 2017
This is a good place to work if you want to work part time but you will most likely be asked to go in on your days off as they are always short staffed. Management is often unprofessional and accountability varies from each employee. I have heard that this store has one of the highest turn over rates and from what I have observed this is true.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Not a fun work place
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee) –  San Leandro, CANovember 15, 2017
Learned a lot from Walgreens but they overwork you typical corporation and retail pharmacy. All about scripts count and money.Work is easy honestly we just don't have enough workers.
Pros
stable job
Cons
overwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.