Walgreens Employee Reviews

Great Job
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 17, 2018
Gives you the opportunity to grow your customer service skills, and how you treat customers in the long run, plenty of opportunity to reach higher management if you put in the work
it was cool
worker (Current Employee) –  Athens, ALAugust 17, 2018
it was cool i enjoyed it wasnt bad it was okay it was work it paid the bills i guess it was alright like it was work you get up go to work and go home lol
A meaningful job where I can help people all day to the best of my abilities.
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatsworth, GAAugust 17, 2018
My schedule varies from opening shifts and closing shifts. The work done is almost the same everyday, with a few different jobs in between. The best part about working at Walgreens is that I get to help everyone who walks through the door as best as I can.
No work\family life balance
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lowell, INAugust 17, 2018
There was never any set hours, I was salary so if I was asked to stay or do an overnight I didn't have a choice. There was no work\family life balance because there was never a set schedule so you could never plan anything with your family because you didn't know what your schedule was going to be the next week. Management didn't give enough recognition.
Pros
20% discount
Labor budget decreased to maximize profits not realizing its impact on the team, service and quality of work
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton, PAAugust 17, 2018
Provide more flexibility of hours, more labor budget to make is easier to focus on customer service. Include more incentives, better healthcare benefits. Improve access for to our pharmacy plans.
Frustrated
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  KalamaooAugust 17, 2018
With all the changes in pharmacist it will be interesting to see if actually benefits the store or not. I feel like I have no voice and my concerns are not being heard as far as things happing at the store level. I am to the point were I will just show up do my time and leave.
Loyalty means nothing to this company
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Lufkin, TXAugust 16, 2018
I spent almost half my life working for this company to be terminated in a group-like termination for something I didn’t even do. My pharmacy manager desperately wanted to hire me back and I was hireable, but one man prevented me from returning because of his personal problem with me which I wasn’t even aware of until after I was terminated.
Cons
Hours, pay, people
Pharmacy
Pharmacy technician (Current Employee) –  VirginiaAugust 16, 2018
I work as a pharmacy technician and I’ve been there for 8 months, just put in my two weeks. It is the worst place I have ever worked for. All of the people are great and that is the reason I’ve stayed so long but the job itself is terrible. Corporate keeps cutting our hours so everyone is down to one or two days a week. I can’t support myself with working only 8 hours a week. The computer system sucks and is extremely slow and freezes a lot! If your considering working as a pharmacy technician at Walgreens don’t do it!
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
Good job
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 16, 2018
Great place to work if you're attending school, management works around your schedule and fellow employees are easy to get along with and teamwork is essential.
Dont work here
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Alvin, TXAugust 16, 2018
When I first started working here in 2017 it was alright I got decent hours the store manager seemed sincere and the managers except for one were down to earth. Now the store is no longer 24 so we lost a lot of people and hours were cut to the point where many are looking for other jobs. The store manager and the assistant store manager are crooked and if you do something they dont like they will build a case against you or cut your hours to where theyll either have reason to fire you or youll have no choice but to quit and move on. The assistant manager C. lies, talks and acts in such a condescending way you cant help but feel disrespected and insulted, and she'll give out phone numbers to fellow coworkers without permission so that they can call and ask you to cover them even though it is the managers job to do so. The store manager pretty much told us to lie on a review of him because he could see who did the review by our number I think he even got a certificate for it. And for some reason even though most of us even full timers arent getting the hours we need hes continuously trying to hire new people. In fact the newest person got 34 hours while the people that have been here for years are only getting 20 to 25. The store is trash since we changed hours as well disorganized and improperly stocked overstocked where we dont need it and understocked on items that are consistantly bought. And for those who want to train to get into pharmacy theyre called designated hitters you work in the front and in pharmacy...he doesnt schedule the ones we have to go back there  more... but hes still asking for people to pay for the classes and tests to become one basically a waste of time and money.  less
Pros
Cons
It isnt worth it
Manager bought pizza a!ot, no other ammenities.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDAugust 16, 2018
All the employees were a joy to work with, which is the only reason I stayed as long as I did. 35 years in Customer service industry
I have never delt with such difficult clientele. Walgreen's is very Customer satisfaction oriented but doesn't support its employees in
That endeavor and definitely does not give a hoot or Haller about them .
Pros
Flexable hours
Cons
Deplorable facility, working conditons. No facility support from company. Understaffed, high exspectations, low compensation.
This call center is a fast pace.
Training Instructor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 16, 2018
I start my day with preparing the classroom for the new hire training. I mean I put the agenda on the white board of the materials we will be covering that day. I instruct the class for 8 hours, check for understanding, I fill out daily reports for my training class attendance, computer issues, time card issue for the class.

What I have learn over the last 25 years with my present employer is the a customer service environment is forever changing and learning to adjust to the changes.

I love teaching new hires the line of business and giving them all of my knowledge so that someday they can advance in their careers as I have done in my career.

The hardest part of my job and see the class move on to the teams, I develop repour with them as if they were my team to coach and provide feedback so they can grow in their careers.

The culture in my call center is we do what we can to help out the agents on the phone. We support them with recurrent training, cross training opportunities. We provide them with job aids and additional information to help to provide the customers with the best customer service experience

It used to be the best place ever to work at.
Pharmacy Manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 16, 2018
Ever since Walgreens merged with Boots Alliance it has gone downhill for the employees. Profits are up yet there are no budget hours for the stores. It seems that the expectation is that we should be able to work with less help, yet take on more work/tasks. Also it was just communicated to us that Walgreens has this huge lump sum of funds that will be used to give all employees raises......except for the pharmacists. This is the 2nd year in a row with no increase for the pharmacists.
Pros
Have gotten to know a lot of hood people.
Cons
No raises, not enough support staff, too many tasks.
Best job I’ve ever had
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAAugust 16, 2018
The location that I was at, Walgreens cared tremendously for their employees. They have helped me through thick and thin. They have given me multiple opportunities to progress in my career. We all worked as a team and made sure to do our best to always make our customers happy. Working at Walgreens was the best place I have ever worked for.
Great company
Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
Everybody was reallu friendly fast paced..wage a little low but decent.. Great training programs and benefits for new pharmacy technicians great company to start career
Pros
Great company
Cons
Wage...very busy
Okay
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNAugust 16, 2018
It was okay ,your basically filling rxs all day,..Standing 10 hours..Dealing with rude customers...That pretty much it....It was a great 1st pharmacy tech job...Retail pharmacy gives you tough skin.
favoritism
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 16, 2018
Where I worked there was some favoritism every one quit in like a 2 month span. I tried to stick it out but couldn't it was just real messy for sure. Ruin me from going there ever
It's okay
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 16, 2018
It's a job. The people were nice, and I had a really good experience with most of the management, but there isn't much else to say. Not the worst, hardly the best. If you want a minimum wage job, they have those.
Not a good company to work for
Head Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 16, 2018
Walgreens used to care about it's employees. Then at the end of my career there. They didn't care that I had 15 yrs of service. They started treating me like I was just hired. I was good at my job. I loved it the beginning. You were treated like family. They cared and then they stopped. Everything changed and it made me sad.
Pros
Meeting new people, learned about cosmetics and photo and bookkeeping and inventory
Cons
Employee treatment is not good.
boring
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Wyckoff, NJAugust 16, 2018
no real break rooms, inconsistent shifts. busy hours and slow hours. lots of online training. uniform supplied. flexible shift which is nice but starting pay is really low

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.1K

2.7

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight