Walgreens

Based on 16,783 survey responses
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Overworked and Underpaid

Working in the pharmacy was quite the learning experience. Pretty much all of the training is on the job and you just learn by doing and asking questions. If you need to learn differently, then this job is not for you. You can be understaffed a lot which gets a lot of patients angry with you not realizing how many tasks you have to keep tabs on. There are rarely any moments to breathe between tasks but usually your coworkers are very supportive and understanding because no one else will be. Prepare to have no energy after a shift.

Pros

flexible availability

Cons

worst combination of retail and healthcare, underpaid

Hopefully it'll get better, but it probably won't.

The pharmacies are understaffed, and that problem is only getting worse. Pharmacists and techs are leaving for the promise of even slightly better pay, and less stressful locations. The one in downtown Asheboro is misery incarnate, but the one off Dixie Dr is actually super nice and fairly calm in comparison. When you're not at the bad location the job is pretty easy, and fairly relaxed, but if you're in a bad location then as we say in the South "I'll pray for you."

Nothing good about this company

They've done. Terrible job with the pandemic and only care bout lining their pockets with money. Their first response to covid was to tell anyone with children they'd be disciplined if they stayed home with them. Then did a 180 becuase of the backlash. Now they're completely cutting covid pay for anyone who catches it. Management's a joke and the higher ups don't care about employees on the front line. Would not recommend to anyone looking for a job. Terrible place to work and a toxic work environment.

Pros

Cons

No sick pay, strongly frowns upon breaks and bad benefits

People In store are awesome, corporate not so much.

Enjoyed working there for 20 years, last couple of years they hired people in my same position at hirer pay and told me I was maxed. 20 years of service Steller reviews, worked weekends nights and holidays and that means nothing to the corporate agenda. Very disappointing.

Pros

Get health benifits

Cons

no set schedule, requires nights weekends holidays. Expect to much for little pay.

flexible but not enough pay and raise rates suck

the store i worked at had pretty good staff, everyone got along most of the time but things always just seemed so disorganized all the time. the pay sucked for the work we did and when i finally did receive a raise it was like .05 cents or something when later minimum wage increased it by like .10. so i waited 2 years for a raise that didnt even matter

Pros

good team, flexible schedules

Cons

pay, always seemed disorganized

They payed me 16.50/hr as a cashier, you'd get 17.50 as a shift lead at the location I was at. It was easy and laid back, I looked forward to going to work everyday. The people I worked with were great and overall I enjoyed the experience a lot! I'd recommend working here.

Fun place to work at times but pay is extremely low.

During my employment there were mostly kind people who were great to work with, but there was also a rude & condescending team lead. Overall not a bad experience. Pay is extremely low and some of the automated services offered caused frustration to patients & staff alike due to poor performance. If you enjoy a face paced, demanding & challenging environment, this may be a good fit for you.

Awful

Unfortunately my location was horrible, customers coming in and out doing insane things. Management was awful, rude, got very loud with me on many occasions. No training, they pretty much drop you on the floor and say "good luck". Not worth the minimum wage.

Terrible workplace

I worked here for 3 years as a pharmacy technician and it was the worst job I have ever had. All they care about is numbers and making sure people do surveys on their receipts and nothing about the patients.

Pros

Not much

Cons

Short lunch, long hours, pay, management

Eh…

It was a decent place to work until new management came around, and then it became miserable to work there. I loved my coworkers but it was a bad environment to work in.

Cool job but the customers

Walgreens is a nice Jon and can be easy with the right people. But the customers are terrible no matter which Walgreens you are at. Walgreens is a customer is always right kind of company. So be prepared to where if you have a a altercation with a customer they will do their best to please the customer

Do better pick better this company does not care about you

Over worked an does not care about its employees will fire you faster than they hire you pays new hires the same amount as people that has been there way longer

It was a great environment to work in

easy flow at work, i learned a lot, management was one of the best, the atmosphere was very relaxing and inviting, the hardest part was the customers, the most enjoyable part was simply being there.

Understaffed and cut hours

Don't expect to get your task done the way you expected. Constant interruptions such as IC3, calls for locks, photo, or customers asking questions. If you don't work with the right people. expect to be doing others job

Pros

employee day, hour breaks

Cons

the pay for a DH is the same as a CSA

It's ok, schedule sucks

It's not a bad job, but apart from draining you fiscal it drains you mentallyThe best thing is when you have your PTO accumulated and take that time off you don't want to come back but you do. LOL

Pros

You have a job

Cons

No life but Walgreens

Big Company

you're just a number. easily replaceable, like you, as an employee, don't matter. they squeeze the life out of you. you lose your soul in that place. Zero support or backup from management. They're just all about the money.

Pros

insurace

Cons

short breaks, underpaid, used

Awful

If you do a good job, you get rewarded by having to do everyone else's job.Employees who've been there longer refuse to do any work aside from gossiping about other employees. They expect newer employees to do all of the customer facing work while they just chill and slowly fill prescriptions.

Eh

Didn’t pay enough to survive. Not a bad work environment but has high turnover and hours were constantly getting cut. I didn’t hate it, but it wasn’t great.

Meeting new people

The pharmacist is lazy and complains everyday it seems like there’s favoritism with certain employees and your left to train by yourself on the computer in a cold little area away from fellow employees.

Typical retail

Too many assigned tasks, phones constantly ringing, unable to hire and attain quality technicians, management/corporate doesn't care about work-life balance, always behind schedule. You are expected to donate your time for the good of the company so that corporate executives can line their pockets.

It’s a job

It’s fine if you’re a person with no higher education. A lot of folks need to work a separate job from this one just to survive. For the amount of work corporate expected us to do, pay is very low.

Pros

Rotating shifts

Cons

Pay, corporate has assigned us an unreasonable amount of work to do in only 8 hours, system was a bit slow at the time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

40%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Walgreens with

• Walgreens
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?