Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 25,337 reviews matching the search See all 25,408 reviews
Easy and hard job. Friendly workplace, lots to do.
Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Eugene, OROctober 18, 2018
Easy job as a cashier, as you progress, naturally, the job gets harder. Any and all training is provided. Very friendly and understanding workplace with lots to do at all times. Very busy environment, you have to learn quick.
Pros
Lunches and 15 minute breaks, training, decent pay, plenty of opportunity to move up.
Cons
Open Holidays, inconsitent schedule and hours.
Rewarding Job
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Newport News, VAOctober 18, 2018
A typical day at work is constantly busy and fast paced. Before applying, consider the appropriate footwear for 8-10 hour long shifts. Aside from that, the job is rewarding and the patients make you feel like you really solved their problems
Very grouchy environment
Pharmacy Tech Training (Former Employee) –  Daphne, ALOctober 18, 2018
every one there had an attitude no matter what. even the managers had attitudes. very disrespectful. I did not find a nice employee within that store.
Long time employee
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Grandville, MIOctober 18, 2018
Unhappy, no benefit for loyal long-term employees. I enjoy my location and most of my fellow employees, but the company has lost touch with their employees.
Pros
I have a good staff and location
Cons
Poor upper management
Fun place to work
BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 18, 2018
Walgreen's has its own employee magazine. There are opportunists to move into management and job security. Good starting place for a student currently in school.
good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee) –  Monterey Park, CAOctober 18, 2018
stress full at times you do meet great people and bad ones workplace culture is great nothing is hard about the job and the best part is getting to know the customers.
friendly staff, great customers
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLOctober 18, 2018
responsible for all daily store and pharmacy operations, cash drawers, staffing, strategic planning, maintain appealing sale displays, maintain store and stockroom, receiving of merchandise
Pros
local, enjoyed staff
Cons
very busy pharmacy
Decent Place To Work
Cashier/Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Murrysville, PAOctober 18, 2018
Overall a decent place to work-not very busy-you can get alot done-most of the employees are nice and you become friends-prices are good-dicsount is acceptable-breaks are not paid
Cons
it was pretty steady at times
Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  Groton, CTOctober 18, 2018
this job is helpful developing customer service.
being in the main register makes you see all the different types of customers that walk inside the store.
Good company
Pharmacist Intern (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FL 33071October 18, 2018
I worked for walgreens right out of high school. I went from being a cashier to being a pharmacy intern. I was hoping to become a pharmacist as well but things did not work out as planned. good company.
Worst place I have ever worked!
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Clovis, CAOctober 18, 2018
The Walgreens I worked at was awful. Our GM did nothing for the store. We have three good managers but two of them quit due to the poor treatment of employees at the store. The training is insufficient for many of the jobs. The only way to advance your career at my store was to suck up to the management. I would not recommend working at the store in Clovis NM.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Horrible management
Easy-going workplace provided you get your work done.
Service Clerk/Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, KYOctober 18, 2018
During my time working at Walgreens I was also a student. I came in when I could and the management was good about working around my schedule. I did a lot of different things on the job. They train you pretty much everywhere in the store, which I see as becoming very well-rounded and gave me the ability to do whatever I was asked. I normally worked in the photo department, which meant customer service, dealing with the printers and printing software, as well as building photo items themselves. Overall, I loved the atmosphere and the workplace as a whole.
Nothing really to say.
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 18, 2018
Working at with this company was not a bad place to work. I enjoyed the customers and helping them with anything they needed. I enjoyed helping customers.
Great companies to work for.
Customer Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens is great. The only issue that may occur is understaffing or the management playing favoritism. Luckily, the larger management is there to help correct the store.
fun work place great people and your able to help people with problems
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAOctober 18, 2018
GOOD company to work for. Team work is not always used. GOOD learning job. THE pharmacy is great and also have great tech pharmacy which all members are of management must do .I work photo lab reciveing .I had to two in th pharmacy every day. I did 5min meeting every morning.
Pros
in house trianing and hands as well.i love pepople also which made my job easier
Cons
lack of team work and high turn aroun rate
Company went downhill
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 18, 2018
Enjoyed interacting with customers, however the hours a store manager works are a little excessive. Compensation used to be good, but the salary structure and bonus structure were changed. Upper management was always super critical, and all they did was make cuts in payroll and good personnel.
It's a decent job
csa (Current Employee) –  Hartford, WIOctober 18, 2018
the pay is ok and depending where you work the management is easy to get along with. as any retail job there is always drama. i enjoy working here and i have made many friends here.
Executive Assistant Manager
Pharmacy Technician / Executive Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Battle Creek, MIOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens in a leader in pharmacy services and customer service. offering all the needs of consumers. offers incredible benefits and opportunities for advancement.
Always short handed staff
Pharmacist-in-charge (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 18, 2018
Everyday your behind and cannot even go to the restroom. Management would just say we can replace you. Seems the management task were more important than the customers daily.
Benefits
Cons
Under staffed at all times
Very productive work place
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALOctober 18, 2018
Walgreens has great management and the staff are supportive and nice to work around with. They work with your school schedule and are very understanding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight