Walgreens
59Below average
Here to help: Coronavirus update

Walgreens Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA17 reviews
Found 17 reviews matching the search with 3 related reviews.
Pro's and con's
The atmosphere has a lot to do with whether or not walgreen's will be a nice, stress-free job, or a stressful and frustrating place of work. The store I worked at was one of the busiest in the area, but we were lucky to have a great store manager, and staff that actively engaged in appropriate, friendly work relationships. As a company, walgreen's does not pay its employees what they are worth. Over the course of three year i had only made a 56 cent increase in pay, a coworker had only made a cent increase in the course of a year.
Pros
staff relationships, paid 15 minute break
Cons
pay
Teamwork
Must be ready for fast paced, answering questions in person and on phone, assisting customers, be motivated, enthusiastic and energetic and not get annoyed when customers get frustrated
Pros
Busy
Na
Doesnt give any incentives and absolutely NO wage increases !!!! I have been an employee since technically 2015 and have only received $1.75 increase in four yrs yet cost of living including Walgrenens prices continue to rise
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Good coworkers-bad place to work
Overall, management was the WORST. They changed out managers every month, I kid you not. Every one of these managers seemed like they "owned" Walgreens and in reality every time the District manager came through they ripped them a new one for all the things that were not done right. If anything was done right, it was definitely not done by managers but rather them harassing their employees to do something in such a certain way that it had to be done more than once. I was here for a long time but I dreaded every time i walked through those doors. I was someone in which the managers relied on a lot. A LOT. I honestly did more work than the managers themselves did. I got a new job and helped on the weekends but it turned out everything they did not want to do during the week was saved for me. I ended up leaving and I thank god for my new job that i ABSOLUTELY love Out of this job I can say that I have learned time management and organizational skill because these things are crucial for surviving here.
Pros
good coworker (some)
Cons
Bad managers, micromanagement, negative attitudes.
It's a neighborhood store. This store is very productive and fun workplace with coworkers, shift leads & managers. It's an enjoyable working environment. Customers are nice. They also give us good feed back.
Pros
Customer rating are high at this stores
Cons
Low salary
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
Condusive environment
WORKing here has been a good and challenging experience. i have been able to grow and acquire more technical knowledge.i have had lots of positive experiences working here.
Great Company but low pay and short breaks
The company offers good benefits. Work can be sometimes boring sometimes stressful. Half hour breaks only! Even if you work more than 8 hours a day. Customers get upset often when price tags don’t match prices at the register.
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, low pay
always something to do
It is always fun, my cowokers are a blast to work with, management is always understanding. There is always something to do. The people always are friendly, or if not they are able to work around. I've certainly enjoyed it, just my commute and compensation have been lacking as of late.
Hard work but rewarding
The company as a whole is honest fair and competitive. if you want to make it a career you can but you are gonna have to work for it. Some days you will face heavy lifting, angry customer, sick and dying individuals which can be emotionally devastating, taxing deadlines, long hours, and mind numbing monotonous tasks, and a constant need to be vigilant to protect patients and their information. other days are really satisfying helping people feel better, finding just the right solution to their problem, finishing a masterpiece in the photo gifts, bringing a smile to someones face and the company empowers its employees to achieve those ends.
Pros
good benefits, growth, and opportunities
Cons
long hours and less rewarding at lower or entry level positions
Walgreens as a shift lead
A typical day includes opening the store 30 minutes before open time, counting the money for each drawer, balancing the cash report from the night before and making sure no money is missing. duties include following daily lists that have resets (resetting a part of the store), merchandising etc etc
Pros
guaranteed 4 hours
Cons
30 minute unpaid breaks
Nice Company
Walgreens is a great company to work for with a lot of opportunity for advancement. At the time I worked for them they offered good health care, vacation, 401K etc..
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Have to work weekends
Life at Walgreens
At Walgreens the people you work with really feel like a second family at times. That comes with the good, and the bad, but like family, the good outweighs the bad.

On a regular day of Walgreens, you'll be tasked with keeping the store up to date on the latest stock of items, clearing the floor of items, and general management duties.Whichever department you're assigned to, you'll be taught every aspect of how to run and organize your department. Customer Service also known as ECC in the company is the skill you are taught the most however, as it's the core of Walgreens.

Although Shift Leads aren't officially considered management, you are still tasked with managing the employees and opening/closing the store. Once you become a shift lead, you really start to learn the ins and outs of management experience, but are guided by your Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.

Management officially consists of the Assistant Store Manager and the store manager, however Shift Leads are typically included for store purposes as management. The Assistant Store Manager is tasked with the top management of all regular floor employees, and guidance for the Shift Leads. The Store Manager is tasked with the top management for the Shift Leads, and the the upkeep of the entire store. It's essential that the three of these positions all get along to keep the communication cycle efficient and comfortable in the store. They are what keep the family at Walgreens together.

The hardest part of the job would be working a majority of the holidays, and not being able to take off at all
 - more...
Pros
Management communication, Clear progression path, Guaranteed 40 hours
Cons
Working every holiday, Regular 10 hour shifts
Bleck.
I worked for this company for 3 years and once my store manager transferred, I transferred because I couldn't stand the replacement. Then I dred going to my job entirely when I made it to a different, and busier store. The manager there was also the district manager and she was just AWFUL. I walked out for a dinner break one night and didn't come back.
Fun and rewarding place to work
I loved working for this company. When it comes to working at a pharmacy in the retail setting it really comes down to the store you work at. I was lucky in the sense that the store I worked at was awesome; the staff was great and a pleasure to work with. The customers could be a little demanding at times but nothing too crazy. This is a great company to work for.
Our customer service is great
I arrive at work either morning or night, it's either steady busy or slow.

I learned a lot from my co-workers and manager. My boss gives me a list of tasks to complete before my shift ends. I learned how to make signs for sale products, how to count money at the end of the night, and how to merchandise new products on shelves.

My boss is nice and courteous. My co-workers help me out if I am busy with my work.

The hardest part of the job is when there is a line of people and my manager is telling to process pictures.

I enjoy my work when I work on the floor because when shipment comes, I get more done.
Pros
I learned many aspects about the company
Cons
Not enough employees
Terrible
IF YOU WANT TO GET FIRED BECAUSE YOU WERE NOT TRAINED PROPERLY. WORK HERE.

this company gives zero ..... about you. You can have surgery and they wouldnt care, ive seen it happen, multiple times
ok
Overall a good company to work for. most of the people were good to work with, the job was challenging yet fun. the hardest part of this job was the location and the distance i had to travel every day.