Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 26,144 reviews matching the search See all 26,215 reviews
Lost in Space
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 14, 2018
Walgreens used to be a great company to work for 14 years ago. Amazing health insurance and 401k plan with lots of staff to fulfill customer and business needs.
Today... it is a very different story. The workforce was cut down in half while the workload and expectations at least tripled. The benefits are still all there but you only get a fraction of the value they used to be. The raises are minimal if existent, bonuses were cut to a fraction or abolished for certain positions. The employee does not experience the same friendly family atmosphere any longer. Instead, employees are stressed out about their unrealistic workload for a minimal amount of pay.
High Volume - Old System
Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Multiple LocationsDecember 14, 2018
Older computer system - meets requirement of job, but lacks in updates and dependability. Constants systems issues with printers and computers. In a high volume store this is very difficult to deal with. No time allotted for breaks or meals.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Older Systems, no alloted time for breaks of meals
A Typical Day At Work
Designated Hitter (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 14, 2018
On a normal given day, people walk in with smiling faces and bright eyes. Even on someone's bad day, it's not hard to make them happy because the simplest smile may do enough justice.
Not bad but management its bad
Customer Services Associate (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRDecember 14, 2018
If you like to work with clients and help your neighbor, then Walgreens is your number option. But poor management and a heavy work atmosphere for the leaders leaves you with a bad experience at work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Management bad
stressful
head of cometic department (Former Employee) –  Council Bluffs, IADecember 14, 2018
job was driven by sales and the bottom line was all management cared about whatever you did was never enough and the salary did not compensate well for the demands they have
Terrible place to be a manager, tech, or hourly
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioDecember 13, 2018
Was once a great company to work for, but now is completely lost its luster. Terrible district and above leadership. No help and unrealistic expectations. Way too much do as I say but don’t wat h me. If they offered me three times my salary to come back I’d lol.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Some managers are amazing but overall employees are underpayed and under valued .
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 13, 2018
Years ago this company was great . Now so many changes are being made and the company has pay caps charging us more for benefits and have no gratitude towards those who work for them . Not even a gift card for Christmas. Employees who have been working with the company for years make just as much as a new staff member makes minimum wage .
Pros
Fun place to work
Cons
They do not honor seniority . There’s no incentives
Never laughed so hard
Customer Service Associate / Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work. They really hone in on the "family" ideals. If you're going to walgreens, it's because you're not going to Hyvee. So we really had pride for the small store sort of feeling. I didn't like sticker morning Sundays though. Always try to get out of those.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Covington, LADecember 13, 2018
I really enjoyed greeting people when they walk in the store and as they were leaving. Helping people find what they needed, letting them know when things were on sale and so much more.
fun, happy, costumer oriented environment
Costumer Service (Former Employee) –  Eagle, IDDecember 13, 2018
Walgreens is an amazing place to work. They managers are amazing as well as the staff. everybody works well as a team and makes things flow smoothly and correctly
Pros
discounts and payed brakes
Cons
short brakes
positive and upbeat
Photo Technician/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Longmont, CODecember 13, 2018
help customers with photos, finding product, stocking. i had a very good manager because he motivated us all to work more and cared about his employees. safe enjoyable working environment, with occasional drama from the girls. helping out pharmacy was the hardest thing i had to do there. i really enjoyed helping customers with their photos and making special orders.
Pros
long breaks, 15% discount
Cons
long shifts and not a whole lot of time off
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALDecember 13, 2018
Management and the employees are some of the greatest people to work with. Management shows compassion for their employees, always willing to listen and go the extra mile to help you.
Pros
Everybody is possitive
Cons
Health insurance
productive
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CADecember 13, 2018
my day at work would be stocking shelves and helping customers. I learned how to face shelves and how to address a customer in a good manner. management was good and also knew how to keep the workplace productive.
Good
Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work.Flexibility with the schedule. Paid time off and paid sick time. 401k with a 4% match. They provide yearly uniforms. Yearly raises.
Its was a job
Cahier (Former Employee) –  Lake Worth, FLDecember 13, 2018
Its was nice! Customers that i mis most of all
Loved some of them like family and the deceased ones are not forgotten every day past i think about MY ELDERLY CUSTOMERS @
Very few Managers @ EMPLOYEES!
SOME ONE WAS VERY NICE THAT I MIS DEARLY 4479 MELALEUCA LN LAKE WORTH FL
very disgusting
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 13, 2018
At Walgreens there are many sick people coughing in your face or handing you germ invested money to pay for their medicines. There are no chairs to sit if your feet hurt or get tired from standing.
Pay Stagnant and Advancement Impossible
Senior Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCDecember 13, 2018
If you are lucky enough to have a good, caring manager who bothers to stay even though they can get better money elsewhere than it can be an ok place to work. That is until you can get better money elsewhere which at this point is any other company.
This is not a job to make a living unless you are in management.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCDecember 12, 2018
I feel that i was mistreated with this company and very under paid. I worked there for 5 years started out making $7.50 an hour left making only $9.25. I was promised to talk about advancing to pharmacy or shift lead poisoning but it never happened. Im very disappointed in this company because i had high expectations when i started and i see that was never going to happen. Although i learned a lot, i still feel that i wasted time with this company because all my bills got behind and my health declined due to not having insurance for a few years because i couldn't afford it.
Hostile work environment
SFL (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTDecember 12, 2018
The manager made this a hostile and toxic work environment every single day. Management is terrible and there is no team work. Very stressful environment
Pros
Cons
Toxic work environment
Decent
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Burlington, NC 27215December 12, 2018
This was a pretty good place to work as a company but I didnt enjoy the team at my store. They resembled and acted like a group of teenagers in highschool. They acted like I was an outsider and not welcome. The techs in the pharmacy tried to get me fired multiple times and toyed with my mental health.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.5K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss