Walgreens Employee Reviews

Found 26,876 reviews matching the search See all 26,966 reviews
Terrible Management skills.
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAFebruary 16, 2019
I worked for Walgreen back in 2013. The management at that time was horrible and unfair. The expected you to do things in a timely fashion with little time to work with. One manager got upset with me, saying that I didn't pick up a greeting card off the floor. I was working in Health and beauty aides. I asked how I would know that this item was on the floor while working another dept. He said I should have seen it when I went on break. One of the night managers actually threw me out of the store because he said I called him over the speaker too loud. I went in the next day and told the day manager what happened.They had me file a report. They didn't fire him so I quit.If they want people to stay with the company they would treat the help better.They didn't understand why I was quitting and said I was such a good worker.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Bad employers
Fun productive place, poor management
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 16, 2019
It was fun place to work at & you get an employee discount but poor management did you wrong. Rude pharmacist treated you like trash. Good part time job tho
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Poor management
Loved my boss but not the company
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Florissant, MOFebruary 16, 2019
My boss was awesome! The benefits were actually pretty good when I worked here. If you are not a Pharmacist then I don't believe you get paid very well here.
Fast paced environment. Poor management structure
Pharmacy Manager/Staff Pharmacist (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNFebruary 16, 2019
Growing customer base yet corporate is slow to respond to additional resource needs. Store management is inept at pharmacy operations. Typical pharmacist required to fill 400 prescriptions per self per shift.
Pros
Great technicians
Cons
No lunches. No breaks
Disorganized management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Bernardino, CAFebruary 16, 2019
I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work for this place. Extremely high crime and No security. Managers don't want to hire security because it will take money from their pay. And they want you to be security and expect you to run customer service at the same time. The managers all are not on the same page, and there is One main manager who extremely abuses her authority over her employee's. She doesn't treat them human, and belittles their ability. If you think you can handle both being a security and doing customer service by all means go for it otherwise i would definitely recommend seeking better employment elsewhere.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Disorganized management
Decent company to work for but be prepared to work hard.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Bradenton, FLFebruary 16, 2019
If you aren't in management, more than likely you will not get full time hours. The hours are cut frequently. Be prepared to work your butt off because that's what it will take to keep the store running properly and looking decent. Tags and truck are never ending. Good luck.
Cons
Cannot have set schedule
Walgreens
Supervisior (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIFebruary 16, 2019
The company is OK overall , And is definitely for someone who wants to pick up a job or find some career advancement and either retail or pharmacy area
Cons
Wages
Terrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  MichiganFebruary 16, 2019
Whatever you do, do NOT work here. Terrible management, messy scheduling, makes it seem as if they are flexible but it’s a total lie. Be prepared to have your position given to someone else without any given notice. Manager was unreasonable and not understanding of personal family matters.
shift leads
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLFebruary 15, 2019
shift leads are under paid and over work if u work for the company try to get a store with hours so u can have your staff to back u up with the work load other than that the people I worked with waa great and if your store doesn't have hours you are allowed to work other stores on your days off the company offers paid time off good discount just upper management can be very lazy and put all the work load on shift manager. over all it's a good company the work with u if your a parent or pregnant
Pros
your team is like a min family
Cons
not enough help
Not the place it once was
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  CTFebruary 15, 2019
I was an assistant manager at Walgreens for 6 years. When I started, it was a great place to work. We could work as many hours as we wanted and there was teamwork. My position was phased out and a few managers were kept and received a new title. I was not one of them. They offered me a shift lead position and a $4 am hour pay cut. NO THANKS! Promotions are based on who you know. The store managers that I worked with were always gossiping and spreading information that was given to them in confidence. Being laid off was a blessing for me. Although the monetary benefits were great, it was a miserable place to work. No matter how much you did, you weren’t doing enough. Not to mention corporate and their many awful ideas that were supposed to promote great customer service, but was just annoying to most customers. Walgreens is out of touch and unappreciative. They let it be known that everyone is replaceable.... Also, it is not the place for single parents. I actually had to bring my sick child into work. I worked with a girl who had her baby with her for 6 hrs in a shopping cart while she worked! Walgreens is the pharmacy that does not care about their employees.
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Everything else
understanding workplace
Walgreens (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 15, 2019
Walgreens was a great place to work as a starter job, this provided me a great way to build up some experience and gain retail experience. management was very understanding
Pros
choose hours
Cons
not many variety to work
Productive and fun workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Customers received prompt service and appreciated that! It makes the workplace an enjoyable one when everyone is satisfied. Smiles are easiest when greeting satisfied customers.
Pros
Positive interaction with customers and fellow employees.
Cons
The occational miscommunication.
Busy place to work
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Fox River Grove, ILFebruary 15, 2019
Work environment was very up beat, very prompt enjoyed working with staff and helping customers, nothing wrong with working there everyone was always friendly and kind.
Pros
Discounts
Benefits
Wouldnt recommend to anyone that cant work for a bad manager!
N/A (Current Employee) –  Conway, SCFebruary 15, 2019
On a company level, it's a decent job. Especially with no degree required. But at this particular store, every day is awful. It's a tier 5 store which means it's the busiest in the entire district...it gets really stressful and fast paced sometimes. But that isn't why I think it's awful. Poor management is the problem here. Mainly the Manager is particularly horrible. She just tries to find something to criticize everyone for every day, except for the few couple of favorites that she has working for her. Nothing is ever good enough for this manager. I've only heard her say good job 2 times since I've been here for almost 2 years now. She just comes off as a bully pretty much, and she reprimands only the people that she doesn't particularly like...for the stupidest and most minuscule things! So I would not reccomend for anyone to apply here. If you want to work for Walgreens, apply anywhere except for THIS store. Its awful!
Pros
Decent pay, Pto
Cons
Bad management, favoritism
Not good
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 15, 2019
Not a great place to work. Never much opportunity for job advancement and they do in fact hire from outside the company. Could just be the store that I worked at
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Taylor, TXFebruary 15, 2019
Walgreens is a good company to work for. There is opportunity to move up in the company and has insurance benefits. Managers are very helpful with anything you need.
Not a great place to work for
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIFebruary 15, 2019
Managers can change around.
Not a steady schedule.
Have ridiculous task to do when running the register
Low pay and over worked
bad company structure
Pros
You can meet some nice people
Cons
No stability, low pay
Cafe room
Full Case Packer (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLFebruary 15, 2019
I reported to Walgreens night overnight, and leave them a messages when they do not pick it up the phone at all. No one willing answer it on the phone calls yet.
Very stressful and poor managment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKFebruary 14, 2019
This one I worked at was open 24 hours but was very stressful due to some of the customers that came in and always caused problems. Also management didnt do too much of a good job supervising and delegating orders.
An experience you will wish to forget
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 14, 2019
Do not take this job unless you don’t have a life and don’t mind not having a break or a lunch and don’t mind working your to the bone. Store managers are trained to treat the staff like what they do is never good enough and the more you do the more they expect you to do no praises and no gratitude at all by far the worst job experience I’ve ever had in my whole life. I wouldn’t wish this job on my worst enemy.
Pros
Awesome discounts even on sale merchandise
Cons
No break no lunch horrible raise bracket clickey environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

57.7K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

62%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss