Walgreens Employee Reviews

11.4K
Found 23,899 reviews matching the search See all 23,968 reviews
Decent job
Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXJuly 17, 2018
Overall its a nice job to have. It's about the same as any other retail chain. Turn over rate is a bit high. The employees are nice, management could use some improvements. Not the worst job in the world, but definitely not something to do long term. Would recommend for a first time job. Gives you good work experience and can easily move up in the company if you have good work ethic.
Pros
Works with your hours. Yearly raise. Full time health benefits.
Cons
High turn over rate. Can be stressful. Depending on location, poor management.
flexible but miserable if this is your main source of income
Head Photo Technician, Training Pharmacy Tech (Current Employee) –  Oviedo, FLJuly 17, 2018
i quiet enjoy working with my coworkers and some leadership members. my biggest concern is that the corporate side of Walgreens seems to not care much about their relationship with their store employees and doesn't put their store owners in leadership members in a place to be successful, much less the retail/floor team. they have Walgreens employees meetings where we shoot our opinions to help us do our jobs more effectively, however, it seems more like a front than anything as I seldom see any of our ideas/opinions/suggestions actually be tried out.
Decent job
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Moberly, MOJuly 17, 2018
I made a food wage here, plus the benefits we're good. The only issue was the schedule. It was suppose to be a few shifts of nights and a few shifts during the day. Well I ended up working all second shift for months and sometimes working 13 days straight without a day off.
Good place to begin your career
Pharmacy technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 17, 2018
I began my pharmacy technician career thanks to Walgreens' training program. Retail pay is low in general so turnover is high. Workload is high depending on the location.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Low Pay
Not my favorite
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Battle Ground, WAJuly 17, 2018
Was treated very poorly. There were favorites and people that werent a favorite were left out very often. Forced to work holidays even when you have a family to celebrate with.
Wonderful Place to work
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, GAJuly 17, 2018
I was always pushed to grow and developed. I started on the front register and made my way into management within 8 months. I worked my way up to Store Manager if I didn't have to relocate I would still be there. They care about their employees and their families.
productive
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 17, 2018
The company is great, if you're looking for mediocre and steady income, if you are a person who is afraid to grow outside of retail then this job is primarily for you,
Pros
flexible schedules, promotional opportunities
Cons
sucky pay
Pretty good work environment
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Centerville, OHJuly 17, 2018
Walgreens is a company that is dedicated to serving customers and employees with the care they need. The amount of work you put in determines your pay.
Cashier job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 17, 2018
This particular store seemed disorganized and understaffed. Co-workers and management were friendly and professional but scheduling is inflexible. Good full time cashier job for a college student with no kids.
Pros
great staff
Cons
inflexible schedule
Assistant Manager Trainee
ASSISTANT MANAGER TRAINEE (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 17, 2018
As a trainee coming outside of the company, I did not know requirement that you have to have a pharmacy certified license to become a store manager. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with your team members and assisting our customers.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Staffing hours
Fun place.
Beauty Advisor/ Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
I’ve had worked at Walgreens for 4 years. It was my first job and I loved it. I didn’t have much complains about it. The only thing was working holidays.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Working holidays
its ok but the management makes the job harder than it has to be
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 17, 2018
it's an ok job. the customers make the job ten times harder. your work is rarely appreciated. they expect you to be fine with changes that you weren't aware of.
Pros
easy to learn
Cons
managers demand too much
an efficient place for work and advancements
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 17, 2018
There is always room for advancement and support in promotions, it is a lot of hard work and it takes a lot of dedication to get there.
they do offer tuition reimbursement primarily for the pharmacist and pharm techs
Pros
Promotions are always available
Cons
Its a lot of work to get there
decent enough
Shift Floor Lead (Former Employee) –  Clewiston, FL 33440July 17, 2018
Loved working for them I worked there for two years. My store manager was AMAZING. I learned a lot. I was able to receive my license for pharmacy tech as a shift lead.
Benefits
Cons
No life/work balance, unable to move up without a degree
Productive and beneficial work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 17, 2018
A day on the job could be breath warming and joyful because if the atmosphere, I learned to grow with the company with help from other employees we were like a family. I loved my manger he was so respectful and caring of our needs . A loving ,peaceful ,positive place . The hardest part of my job was stocking shelves while being on a time limit , I enjoyed being around my coworkers and helping assist customers
customer service
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJuly 17, 2018
I liked working there. Employers are very supportive and help train employees. I like the flexibility for student workers. I learned a lot while working at Walgreens.
Pros
working with people
Cons
not enough hours to work
Varies greatly depending on location
PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Haltom City, TXJuly 17, 2018
Your work environment can vary greatly depending on what store you work at or if you work at the district/corporate offices. There is opportunity for advancement on the store side, but not much on the pharmacy side as there are only technician/senior technician and pharmacist/pharmacy manager positions. There are a lot of corporate initiatives that you have to deal with that usually don't seem to get much accomplished. Relative to other retailers it is an okay place to work but definitely not great.
Pros
Good 401k/retirement benefits
Cons
Too many corporate programs lose
Good starting job
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 17, 2018
Good company. Easy to advance to middle management. Very hard to get to upper management. Very strict on rules. Very easy to get a write up over very small issues.
It was a wonderful experience
Designated Hitter (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 17, 2018
It is a wonderful company to work with room for advancement, the employees are all pleasant and warming. They do alot of charity as well as you stay busy all of the time. They provide great benefits and treat their employeess well.
great work place. loved it
Photo Specialist (Former Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLJuly 17, 2018
I enjoyed working at Walgreen as a photo specialist it was a great success i enjoyed meeting and greeting people. I found that it was a great environment to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight