Walgreens Employee Reviews for Beauty Consultant

36.3K
22K
11.5K
Found 1,517 reviews matching the search See all 24,485 reviews
Basic entry level retail experience
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, INAugust 16, 2018
I didn't hate or love my job at Walgreens. It was just a basic job, with basic expectations and basic pay. Regular day was simply just showing up, cleaning up, and working registers.
Customer Service
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 15, 2018
The most enjoyable part about my job was able to help the customers with thier questions and their needs. There is no healthcare provided for the employer at the job.
Pros
discounts on products in the store
Cons
no healthcare
Love the people
Beauty Consultant/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio TexasAugust 14, 2018
Company seemed to be more focus on spending money in advertising inside of the store rather than outside but it was still a great company to work with.
They are not very supportive of their employees
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 13, 2018
For a large corporate company they are extremely disorganized, do not offer competitive compensation, or a good benefit package. They do not promote from within in a timely manner and even though in the position I worked they claim to offer commission, getting those commissions is almost impossible
Respectful environment
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hixson, TNAugust 12, 2018
I enjoyed the diversity of the job and customers. I enjoyed being current in today's society, both economically and culturally. I also felt like I was getting physical exercise, by just simply putting away stock on the shelves! The most difficult parts of the job, by far, was dealing with challenging customers. Understandably, some were simply very sick, however, some were simply just rude. Overall, the good by far outweighed the bad!
Productive work place
Photo Specialist/Cashier/Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKAugust 2, 2018
Typical days at Walgreens were making sure customers found everything they needed and if we didn't have it we would order it for them. As well as promoting sales and keeping the store stocked and clean.
Pros
You planned your break times yourself, and could have a drink on the job.
Cons
Ten hour shifts
great to keep to learn
senior beauty ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 2, 2018
I liked it , not a lot of moving u in the company .you would have to work to be seen . a lot of stress and little pay . moving up in the company is annoying , feels like a waste of time
Loved it
Senior Beauty Adviser (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 1, 2018
I absolutely loved working with Walgreens the benefits the employees the management everything was splendid the store was always put together and clean and the pay was wonderful
Cons
fast paced and friendly customers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAAugust 1, 2018
the job was fast paced, alot of the customers that came in were looking for hair care and make up. my shifts went by pretty fast. had regular customers that came in the store.
Pros
discount
Stable job, but not worth as a career
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 30, 2018
There are people who've spent their entire lives working at the lowest level at Walgreens.
Good for them, but I feel most people should aim higher.
There is a weird class system in every store I know of, where the Pharmacy staff is higher than all front store staff, while it it true that they have a different job with a different skill set, the treatment by pharmacy staff towards front staff is discouraging at best and offensive at worst.
I, who at the time was actually planning on going into pharmacy school as I worked, finally got a chance to work in the pharmacy, and found it so discouraging that I changed my major to pharmaceutical research instead.
If you are a pharm tech, work for Kroger or Safeway instead.
If you just need a minimum wage job that won't kill you, this'll work.
By the way, I've been at Walgreens for 5 years, and since min wage went up, that means that I lost all my wage increases and am back at min wage.
Pros
15% discount on most things in the store
Cons
Class system, no vertical movement
Well-Rounded
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 30, 2018
Working at Walgreens it has taught me a lot with customers, value, patience, responsibility, teamwork, I had great pleasure working for the company. If i had to do it all over again i would without a doubt
Pros
knowledge
Cons
employees
see attached
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHJuly 30, 2018
I was a Beauty Consultant,met expected monthly sell quota.Performed cosmetic consultations.Provided exceptional Customer Service.Good Atomsphere Great management team.
Not a bad place to work
Beauty Consultant & Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJuly 29, 2018
A typical day at work at Walgreens varied by current needs of the store. Responsibilities were to notice shoppers, see if you could help them find products or fulfill any needs, re-stocking inventory, unloading truck deliveries, running the cash register for check outs, returns, price adjustments or Walgreens "rewards issues". Sometimes, on-line training was required and employees were typically able to complete them during their shift. Management was fine and relatively consistent. Cross training in other areas was not an option when I worked there due to limitations of available hours. The workplace culture definitely was customer oriented and you were to see to the needs of them. Typically was a positive culture, occasional employee potlucks, recognition for accomplishments, approachable management, time away from work or requests for time away were generally approved as long as shift coverage could be worked out. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping people, the co-workers and and staff, general dynamics and culture of the store. The hardest part of the job was sometimes in completing the required training due to shift schedule. I would work there again if the opportunity arrived. Two 15 minute and 1/2 hours lunch breaks were given in accordance with hours of scheduled shifts and length.
Pros
Rewards program and employee discounts, personnel, decent benefits
Cons
As a part time employee and due to lack of hours provided by management, I was not able to cross-train in different areas.
friendly atmosphere, competitive pay
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Marlborough, MAJuly 24, 2018
my experience was very pleasant co-workers and management to work with. the training program was long , thorough and extensive. received full time hours of witch was flexible . multi tasked all areas of the store
cashier
Walgreens Beauty Advisor / Frontend Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cool Springs, TNJuly 23, 2018
Timely breaks were given, Vacation was considered but not always given no matter how far in advance it was requested.
There was computer training and it was difficult to toggle time to do that. It was very satisfying to work with customers and meet their needs.
Pros
consistant training
Cons
schedules and management
Not horrible but definitely not great
Beauty Advisor/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sulphur Springs, TXJuly 23, 2018
Very little training and explanation of what your job entails. Poor management and lack of communication between management and employees. Everyone just kind of guesses what their job is.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
No benefits, poor management
Quick Paced
Beauty Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJuly 21, 2018
A typical day was to clock in on time, make sure your uniform was appropriate and to take breaks on time. I learned a lot since it was my first job, how to handle returns, front items & overall basic cashier work. The hardest part of the job was when the lines would get backed up or coupons didn't work correctly. I felt like I was valued and did receive a bonus and a higher position for great customer service.
I LOVED my job at Walgreens!
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 20, 2018
I loved my job. I wanted to make it a career. I regret taking the job advancement because I have a passion with Walgreens. I didn't mean for it to turn into that. It just happened (:
Comprehensive
Beauty Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
I learned plenty beneficial and social skills working at Walgreens that help me to better problem solve with people. Working here was an experience and I have accomplished and benefited as much as I can from this company and would recommend anyone to work here.
good overall
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 19, 2018
it was nice working there and it was a diverse environment. not bad at all, i felt respected but at times felt like i was treated differently. but it wasn't bad.
good
bad

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Walgreens. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Walgreens.

Powered by Comparably